Sturm done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

Sturm done?

When is Sturm scheduled to come back?  Is he coming back?  Sturm is injury prone..he has had multiple major injuries, granted most unrealated to one another.  I just think that this knee injury may end his career or at least his career as a productive player.  I don't think that after the last 2yrs plus burdened by injuries you can come back and be productive if your Marco Sturm.......frankley I wouldn't miss him much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Sturm done?

He is due back in mid-November.

I agree that his production will go way down if he slowed down from his most recent injury. Hopefully he'll come back and have a better season than the last one.  If he doesn't do well, it won't be from a lack of effort.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

Hes done two huge surgeries on his legs it will slow him down big time 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I think the problem for Sturm and the team is that he made need the better part of the season just to get up to speed.  Missing his off season training and then training camp has got to affect him in a negative way.  Time will tell, but I'm not holding my breath that he will ever get up full speed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This injury may well be it for Sturm, but, only time will tell. His recovery can be stretched until he is ready, and while he has been streaky, he has been a productive goal scorer, and his speed a definite assett on PK and the PP. We will all get to see Ryder, Wheeler, Lucic, Horton,Recchi, Seguin as the top 6 before Dec. and Sturm's return. We also will be able to see if Savvy comes back better than he was in the playoffs. So, lots of eval time before any decision on Sturm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Once fully recovered from surgery and rehabbed and given time to get back into game shape Sturm will likely be the same player he was before the injury. I don't expect him to lose any speed. I know a few guys who have had very serious knee injuries and all of them eventually were able to skate as well as they did prior to the injury. Granted, none of us play in the NHL but you get my point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He does have a lack of effort for some stretches...he is such a streaky player

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's 2010, not 1952.  The player should return just fine.  To suggest his career is over is incredibly dumb.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Actually, he's not injury prone. Sturm has suffered a career's worth of injuries in the past two seasons, but prior to that, he was remarkably healthy. In ten years, the most games he'd missed in a season was was 17 in '03-'04.

And pbergeron is right - Sturm doesn't suffer from lack of effort. He certainly goes on cold streaks, but it's not because he's not trying. He just misfires, for whatever reason.

Sturm suffered a similar injury to his other knee and knows what it takes to rehab it. He'll be the best judge of how he's doing, and if he says he's on track, I'll take him at his word. I want him back, and I want to see the most epic of Sturmfaces when he hefts the Stanley Cup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Sturm done?:
    When is Sturm scheduled to come back?  Is he coming back?  Sturm is injury prone..he has had multiple major injuries, granted most unrealated to one another.  I just think that this knee injury may end his career or at least his career as a productive player.  I don't think that after the last 2yrs plus burdened by injuries you can come back and be productive if your Marco Sturm.......frankley I wouldn't miss him much.
    Posted by Mattyb9977

I'll do you one better than that...I wouldn't miss him at all. The guy is useless personified.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm done?:
    In Response to Sturm done? : I'll do you one better than that...I wouldn't miss him at all. The guy is useless personified.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS

4-6 goals every month that he's been healthy for.  Hardly useless.

BUT, Sturm is at the age where natural regression begins to snowball.  And even with modern medicine, injuries can expedite the process.  While he is probably not "done", its hard to estimate the production.

I would consider him a complete unknown for next season.  That being the case, I dont think that he is a candidate to solve our cap issues, because a) we cant activate him to prov (thanks roller) , b) we have to activate him (thanks NAS) and c) we cant trade him prior to activation.

So we have to clear the space elsewhere (when the time comes) to activate him anyways....Which worries me (not because I think hes useless, but because its one less playable card in the deck).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Sturm done? : I'll do you one better than that...I wouldn't miss him at all. The guy is useless personified.

Useless. Uh huh. Of course, he's certainly not one of the key reasons why Buffalo didn't score one PP goal in the playoffs this year (or that the Bruins were one of the top PK teams in the league). And that they lost him, and then lost to the Flyers, was purely coincidence, I'm sure. And then there's this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxQ2V2CE7b4

Just awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_qBh2Y6iE

And of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TShT7cHRKtA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

True.

I think I wouldn't mind seeing Bergeron playing with Sturm on his left and Wheeler on his right at some point this season.

you can accuse sturm of a lot of things, lack of effort is not one of them
    Posted by pbergeron37

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

That is the most reality free post of the month. Of all the coaches in the NHL, do you really, really think that Claude Julien is going to put one of the A's on a player who's useless? Seriously this is the guy who benched his fastest skater two years in a row (Kessel then Wheeler) because they couldn't get it done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

Strum has been done for 2 years

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm sure Julien will find room for Sturm's usefulness come December, January or when ever he can come back. WalkTheLine is correct with technology in today's surgeries I expect Sturm to do just fine on the PK and where else CJ puts him.

Mentally Sturm and Ryder just don't have it to be relied on as team leaders in goals as Bruins fans found this out painfully last season. Marco just might come handy when he does return.

Sections
Shortcuts