Sturm has got to go!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Sturm has got to go!!!!

I say bench him, get him mad enough to waive his no trade clause. Then get rid of him for a bag of pucks and a roll of tape. Anything to get him off the books. He's got to go some how. Let's face it, the team has done better without him anyways, and he has proven nothing since coming over in the Thornton trade. Put him on waivers, someone will pick him up. Anything......he's just got to go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Sturm has got to go!!!!

Yes, trade our leading scorer. Wait. NO!!! We already have enough trouble scoring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

He's been around long enough and hasn't done F.A. for the Bruins. I can cut some slack for some of the younger guys who are relatively new to the league, but Sturm is a joke. He looks more like Joseph Stumpel out there wearing the #16 if that says anything. The only reason he leads the Bruins in scoring right now is because Savvy hasn't passed him yet. Don't worry he will, and he's played half the amount of games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

So do you think Sturm will score 20 goals this season? I do. How many does he need to score to equal his salary?

My expectations at the beginning of the season was to see 20+ goals from Savard, Sturm, Ryder, Krejci and Bergeron. And hope to get close to 20 from Lucic, Wheeler, Recchi, Kobasew and Chara.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm has got to go!!!!:
    So do you think Sturm will score 20 goals this season? I do. How many does he need to score to equal his salary? My expectations at the beginning of the season was to see 20+ goals from Savard, Sturm, Ryder, Krejci and Bergeron. And hope to get close to 20 from Lucic, Wheeler, Recchi, Kobasew and Chara.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

No no no no no. 
    I think an expectation of Sturm scoring in and around 30 is a reasonable expecation.
    Ryder getting 30+ is also reasonable.
    A pace of 20 goals is underachieving.
    They are both underachieving.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from camconner. Show camconner's posts

Yes, trade our leading scorer. Wait. NO!!! We already have enough trouble scoring.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

leading scorer - two of his head one off his butt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Answer I recieved from Fluto during his chat which I would not argue.

[Comment
    If feel it's going to be hard for PC to find some trade partners at this point because there are so many teams within the #8 spot in both conferences. Should PC wait till the deadline in your mind ? Also I think Ryder has abot 10 games to shape up where as Sturm will not waive his NTC your thoughts ?

Fluto Shinzawa: 
    Excellent observation. That's exactly why we're not seeing much movement on the trade front -- lots of three-point games and many teams still thinking they can be in playoff hunt. Thus trades take longer and longer to formulate. I'm a proponent of making moves early, but Chiarelli may not have much choice but to wait until the deadline when things shake out. As for Ryder and Sturm, they're stuck with these guys. Ryder, at current rate, isn't going to bring back much. Plus Sturm has NTC as you noted.
    Were stuck with both Sturm and Ryder for now...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Claude should bench both of them for a couple of games and bring up Marchand and or Lehtonen, LoVecchio. I mean seriously, what have they got to lose. LoVecchio looked good in preseason, pretty sure he potted a couple on the Bergy line and we havn't seen him yet in regular season. So far watching those two has just been straight out embarrassing.

I think I'm going to start calling #16 Jozef Sturmpel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

I think it's absolutely hilarious that everyone including management thought an aging marco sturm would come back from a year long injury to be an elite hockey player.

Haha. Priceless. Even better how people mocked me when I raised concern in the offseason. Letting go of Kessel (who will be a 50 goal scorer within three years, mark my words) will be the eventual thorn in Chiarelli's paw when he is fired in the next year or two.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

If Sturm can only muster 20 goals then he is badly overpaid. Fire Chiarelli and bring back Gorton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

I have been saying he has to go since the start of the season. Why does  anyone think Sturm is a scorer or finisher. Where has Sturm proven in the past that he is a goal scorer. Take a look at the garbage goals he has scored this year. How many goals has he scored with his shot. He is absouletly horrific on the power play, he can't pass or take a pass cleanly. He has no skill to carry the puck in the zone either and his only play is dumping it in the corner, wow what creativity.

My power play would consist of players with skill and who can pass and take passes. The power play is awful. My suggestion would be Savard, Krecji and Bergeron up front with Chara and Wideman.

To tweak that a bit you could put Bergeron on the point and try Ryder in his spot up front. The power play can't get any worse so why not try that. I'm sick of watching guys who can't handle the puck or carry over the blue line on the pp, ie Sturm, Recchi and Morris.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

Sturm is DOG SH!T...He has no touch...has blown about 14 Opens nets and most of his Goals have gone in off him...He has not actually used his stick to put the puck in the net. He should be on the fourth line  so he can use his one asset (his speed)  on the forecheck and he can bang some bodies. That is all about he is good for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

But...but...

He's the only one who can catch Kessel on a backcheck...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

He's had 7 straight 20-goal seasons, and has never scored 60 points in a season. So when I look at his stats I keep thinking, he's got 9 goals, 8 assists in 32 games, he can get his yearly average by scoring about 12 goals and 20 assists over the next 50 games....yawn...he's terrible on a team of terrible finishers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I think it's absolutely hilarious that everyone including management thought an aging marco sturm would come back from a year long injury to be an elite hockey player. Haha. Priceless. Even better how people mocked me when I raised concern in the offseason. Letting go of Kessel (who will be a 50 goal scorer within three years, mark my words) will be the eventual thorn in Chiarelli's paw when he is fired in the next year or two.
    Posted by dhitch

+1

FYI: I used to see Sturm play in San Jose, when I was working out there on assignment.  When he was included in the big trade, I just shrugged....and laughed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Prediction: 

Marco Sturm will score the winning goal in game seven of the Eastern Conference Final against New Jersey, if he isn't traded.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

If there stuck with ryder and sturm then yes bench them..or try the ltr where in fact neither have there head on straight when irt comes to scoring.seriously..neither one can take a pass and I swear when they shoot there stick bends like rubber.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Still our leading scorer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

But a useless goal tonight in a 2-0 win against the Sens, stats like that belong to Mr. Kessel.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think it's absolutely hilarious that everyone including management thought an aging marco sturm would come back from a year long injury to be an elite hockey player. Haha. Priceless. Even better how people mocked me when I raised concern in the offseason. Letting go of Kessel (who will be a 50 goal scorer within three years, mark my words) will be the eventual thorn in Chiarelli's paw when he is fired in the next year or two.
    Posted by dhitch

You were right about Sturm, I was a little concerned, but I got caught up in the optimism and lost my mind a little.  Recollecting my thoughts from a couple of years ago, I thought he was soft back then.

Kessel *will* be a 50 goal scorer?  Mark MY words, he must change his playing habits and do a little more than the curl and an occasional dangle to notch 50.  Kessel *should* be a 50 goal scorer, he clearly has the talent.  He *should* be a "poor man's Ovechkin."  Look at the facts and don't just quote the stats, like Sturm tonight against the Sens scoring the second goal in a 2-0 win is meaningless.  When the pressure is on, Kessel is AWOL.  Against the Sabres tonight he was on the ice for the overtime and look what happened.  Sabres win. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

But a useless goal tonight in a 2-0 win against the Sens, stats like that belong to Mr. Kessel.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Not useless, insurance (think teams play different when they don't have it?)
    And when you aren't scoring much, you take anything you can get.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

"Mr."?  You mean "King", don't you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm has got to go!!!! :

You were right about Sturm, I was a little concerned, but I got caught up in the optimism and lost my mind a little. 

Posted by BadHabitude

NO WAY!! NOT YOU!!!

All of you lemmings do this every season. When will you ever learn?

Sections
Shortcuts