Suggestion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToughestOfAllTime. Show ToughestOfAllTime's posts

Suggestion

TT to Philly for Jeff Carter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: Suggestion

I like it.  I don't think it'll happen though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Suggestion:
    Posted by ToughestOfAllTime

The B's are pretty heavy at center as it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

And Carter looked like crap on the wing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

never happen.  carter isnt going anywhere anyway

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToughestOfAllTime. Show ToughestOfAllTime's posts

In Response to Re: Suggestion:
    Oh Carter is more than likely going somewhere, Philly is stacked at center, Carter is awful on the wing, and he is the most movable of their centers. His return would be WAY more than Thomas. However if the Bruins were to do this, within 2 hours we would hear about how Carter was shipped to CBJ for the 4th.
    Posted by pbergeron37

Sounds like the makings of a 3-team trade. What more would the Bruins need to add... Rhyder? How about Ferrence?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToughestOfAllTime. Show ToughestOfAllTime's posts

No, Ryder is a piece that the Bs would almost have to pay to get rid of. It all depends what Philly asks for. I would hate giving them Stuart but I would consider it.
    Posted by pbergeron37

I agree about Stuart. How about Thomas, Ferrence (assumes signing Stuart, Boychuk and using #4 for a Defenseman) as well as a Center prospect since we'll be loaded.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Suggestion : I agree about Stuart. How about Thomas, Ferrence (assumes signing Stuart, Boychuk and using #4 for a Defenseman) as well as a Center prospect since we'll be loaded.

Unless you throw in Hamill, this ain't happenin'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Carter is definitely in play he is the one who could bring back some picks and NHL ready player for the cap strapped Flyers. But he will not be coming here though as stated Boston is crammed with centers. Tallon and Florida likely destination for Jeff or Columbus as mentioned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Deadpan is one of those things that you either get (probably because you do it yourself) or you don't.  More than a few people on this board would save themselves some adrenaline by recognizing how often NAS is doing schtick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

hamill wouldn't do it, and I'm not sure the Flyers need defenders, if they do, they need cheap ones, so Hunwick would be a better fit. My guess is that they would much rather have a 2nd rounder.
    Posted by pbergeron37

If not Hamill, then they would have to send Wacey Rabbit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToughestOfAllTime. Show ToughestOfAllTime's posts

not-a-shot, sarcasm doesn't translate to these boards, you just end up looking like a huge idiot. I must admit thats been happening an awful lot lately.
    Posted by pbergeron37

To Philia- Tim Thomas, #45
    To Colmbs- Jeff Carter
    To Boston- #4

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Deadpan is one of those things that you either get (probably because you do it yourself) or you don't.  More than a few people on this board would save themselves some adrenaline by recognizing how often NAS is doing schtick.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Sarcasm and joking around needs to be included as well. Unfortunately if you do those on the internet, they get misunderstood a lot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Too true.  There's an old line about the battles being so fierce because the stakes are so small.  It wasn't originally about the internet, but boy does it apply.  I don't contribute to most boards because I don't have the time to invest (looking at my # of posts here, that might seem hard to believe), but one of the advantages of sticking to one or two boards is that you get a sense of who's who.  Like any situation, time gives you a better read on the way someone communicates here.  I like to know when I can expect a real conversation, an exchange of polemics, an exchange of insults, or some Schmoz of missed points, incorrect inferences, and general digital slapstick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

BB I sure am impressed with your mastery of the English language....you have me continually reaching for the dictionary...hopefully it will expand my limitations in that field...keep up the good posts!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

not-a-shot, sarcasm doesn't translate to these boards, you just end up looking like a huge idiot. I must admit thats been happening an awful lot lately.
    Posted by pbergeron37

Sarcasm translates very well everytime the info is "include Hamill".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Suggestion : Sarcasm and joking around needs to be included as well. Unfortunately if you do those on the internet, they get misunderstood a lot.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

Of course it does!  If something is missed (like above), it's usually the person who missed it that feels dumb and blames the joke teller.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Throw Hunwick in the deal.  Already I don't really see where he fits in on the D, and he is young, cheap, and attractive to other teams.  Especially if we are moving towards the #4 pick with the move -- as Fowler/Gudbranson/Gormley appear to be NHL ready.  Let a draft pick battle for the 5th-6th spot with Ferrence, Alexandrov and McQuaid, and use Hunwick as trade bait.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not-A-Shot - listen, I get it, I'm generally a pretty sarcastic person.  Heres the thing though, first off, you have to know your audience....your on an internet forum, settle down a little bit. It would be one thing if you had the occasional joke at someones expense (for the record, i understood that you were being sarcastic,  i just chose to speak as if you weren't for the benefit of another poster who probably wouldn't get it), but it is literally 100% of the time. In every one of your posts you are either being a sarcastic d.bag, bashing someone, or essentially claiming that you are smarter and know more about hockey than anyone here (you aren't and you don't). You make good points, start making them differently. But seriously are you imafan?
    Posted by pbergeron37

There is something you don't understand:  I will post however I want, whenever I want, as often or as little as I want as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the site.  I've given you quite a pass around here, and overlooked a TON of stupid stuff you've posted.

Find the sarcasm/bs/bashing that you claim 100% of the time  here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528Discussion%3aff051c51-ccae-4518-8a46-01dd4cbdd5a2

Oh, forgot about that one, and hundreds of others?  When was the last time you started a thread that brought on intelligent conversation, and made people think?  You're just a parrot.  You have no original thoughts.  You look for the majority and jump on that bandwagon.  This will be the only time I will address you.  Instead, I'll turn my focus back to your posts but this time won't hesitate to hit the "reply to this post" when you light us up with all of the pathetic parroting and incorrect information we've all come to expect from you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Somebody wasn't hugged enough as a child. :P

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: Suggestion : There is something you don't understand:  I will post however I want, whenever I want, as often or as little as I want as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the site.  I've given you quite a pass around here, and overlooked a TON of stupid stuff you've posted. Find the sarcasm/bs/bashing that you claim 100% of the time  here: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528Discussion%3aff051c51-ccae-4518-8a46-01dd4cbdd5a2 Oh, forgot about that one, and hundreds of others?  When was the last time you started a thread that brought on intelligent conversation, and made people think?  You're just a parrot.  You have no original thoughts.  You look for the majority and jump on that bandwagon.  This will be the only time I will address you.  Instead, I'll turn my focus back to your posts but this time won't hesitate to hit the "reply to this post" when you light us up with all of the pathetic parroting and incorrect information we've all come to expect from you.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    I could not agree with you more nas. Keep up the informative post. Never worry what a under educated hockey fan like pbergeron thinks. I sure dont!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Suggestion:

Hahaha, like Philly would take this. If they do, maybe we should try Hunwick to the Penguins for S. Crosby.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Re: Suggestion : Unless you throw in Hamill, this ain't happenin'.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Dude, Hamill is USELESS!. Throwing in Hamill is like saying, "Hey, I'll throw in a Kit Kat bar. How 'bout it?". Most GMs would probably prefer the candy bar.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Re: Suggestion : If not Hamill, then they would have to send Wacey Rabbit.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Okay, right, gotcha now. I didn't get you at first, thought you were serious about Hamill. Okey doke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Suggestion : You are wrong on most fronts here. 100% is definitely hyperbole, but are you really going to sit there, and claim that you don't try to bash people, and thoroughly enjoy correcting people in a way that isn't exactly the nicest possible. You have made a lot of enemies on this board, and frankly you deserve them (having said that there are people on this board that hate me, and I probably deserve that too). Now, as for the whole goes with majority, brings no original ideas thing....I'm assuming you had another name, which got banned (oh, and btw, your account is under review, mine isn't), and this is your second name, so you might remember that the day that Thomas signed I was one of the few that came out and said what a bad deal it was. I also said in that off season that the bruins would be better off with Craig Anderson at 1.8 than Thomas. I was the only one that said that. I've also been wrong about things, I was one of the few that thought Kessel would be re-signed, and I thought the florida trade was a bad one at the time. As for the last time I started a thread, it was probably 10-20 days ago about a way to trade up, it was pretty original, although admittedly slightly crazy. I fact check thoroughly as to not report false information, I suggest you do the same next time, when reporting on my posting habits. Thank you
    Posted by pbergeron37

pbergeron . I for one appreciate your posting and think you bring a lot to this board. Please do not take NAS's remarks as what the majority of us think of the way you post. Starting a thread does not make a person any more intelligent then those who just like to comment on them ( because there are tons of posters who don't start threads with more hockey knowledge then some that do ). That's just an "I'm better then anybody else" statement. Sounds like someone is giving himself a standing ovation for this feat. Keep up the good posts !