Take a vote & be serious.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Take a vote & be serious.

This is mostly for the TT bashers & haters, Since you think TT is so terrible. Who do you people think since lets say... 1980 when Cheevers retired; has been the Bruins best goaltender & has played a minimum of 70 games as a Bruin? Sorry Rask's boyfriends; you can't vote! Surprised

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

Re: Take a vote & be serious.

" Sorry Rask's boyfriends; you can't vote! "

I thought you said be serious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Andy Moog

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Take a vote & be serious.:
    [QUOTE]Gilles Gilbert,  if he was between the pipes when Orr was still playing the B's would have won at least another 2 cups or more! Gilles was a better goalie than Cheevers!
    Posted by umgawa[/QUOTE]

I agree. He hated Don Cherry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]Andy Moog
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

For sure

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

note - they should never have let Dan Bouchard go to the entry draft.

Ranford was better.

Giles Gilbert was better - outstanding reflexes, but out of position so often.

Even Byron Dafoe was better.

My vote goes to Andy Moog.

The numbers will not back me up on this, the numbers, as well as pictures, lie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Gotta be Moog...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Gilles Gilbert,  if he was between the pipes when Orr was still playing the B's would have won at least another 2 cups or more! Gilles was a better goalie than Cheevers!
    Posted by umgawa[/QUOTE]

Gilbert was in net in 74. Orr played in that series. He got out dueled by Parent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]  " Sorry Rask's boyfriends; you can't vote! "   I thought you said be serious.
    Posted by carloaz[/QUOTE]

I was being serious. You ever hear some of them & how much they love Rask after 50 games!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mquig94. Show mquig94's posts

Byron Dafoe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Comon! Where's Newfie, Raskman, SoxfaninIl, PBergeron37, screwcindy&ovie! I wanna see what they have to say! I wanna know who was better than TT since 1980? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Frank Brimsek

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from westga. Show westga's posts

Pete Peters.............won Vezina in 1982-83........2.36 gaa, best average for the 80's.......during one stretch, went 31 games without a loss.......finished second in Hart trophy voting

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Question was after 1980, Gilbert was in Detroit then.
    No one has mentioned Vezina winner Pete Peters or Reggie Lemelin who led us to the 88 finals!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

How bout Pete Peeters ???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Comon! Where's Newfie, Raskman, SoxfaninIl, PBergeron37, screwcindy&ovie! I wanna see what they have to say! I wanna know who was better than TT since 1980? 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Couple of problems I have with this thread.

Let me start of with this nitemare, I respect you alot more than other TT fans. You are actually on these boards often, giving your insight on stuff having to do with the bruins in general, not just a TT debate. Take notacryingwino for example. Has anyone here even seen him lately? Look at his profile and the last threads he was in on were the "sick of TT bashing", "TT the vezina,contract,data" threads from like late july. He doesnt usually show up unless it has to do with TT, which leads me to believe that he's more of a TT fan than a bruins fan.

Problems:

I have noticed that TT fan's are very defensive. Take this sentence for example 

"TT is nothing but a beer league goalie who's only good season was a fluke. His contract is an albatross and is weighing this team down"- Annonymous

Most TT fans respond to a post like this not by defending Thomas, (the one who the original post was about) but by attacking rask. The above sentence has nothing to do with Rask. If you want to debate rask, start another thread. TT fans should defend TT. Not coming up with facts makes me think a TT fan knows the statement is true and instaed tries to cancel it out with a rask bash. So just fyi not only to nitemare, but also TT fans- When responding to a TT bashing post, actually defend TT instead of just bashing rask.

As for your original post nitemare, Im afraid I havent been alive long enough to answer your question honestly. Unlike most people on this forum, Im still a teenager. Born in 93, 17 years old. The only bruins goalies I have ever watched first hand are Raycroft, TT, Manny, and Rask. I do know the history of the bruins and the NHL in general. I know who moog, cheevers, lemelin etc. are, but I just can't answer your question honestly because I have never watched those goalies

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jontarbox. Show jontarbox's posts

Gotta go with Moog

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Frank Brimsek
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Yup blew that 1980 reference, ahhh me thinks Andy Moog then Pete Peters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Raycroft

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Take a vote & be serious.:[QUOTE]Gilles Gilbert,  if he was between the pipes when Orr was still playing the B's would have won at least another 2 cups or more! Gilles was a better goalie than Cheevers!
    Posted by umgawa[/QUOTE]

Gilles Gilbert my favorite Bruins goalie then the 1983 Vezina winner Pete Peeters was my 2nd favorite. Too bad Pete ran into the Islanders near the tail end of their 4 year cup run.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take a vote & be serious. : Couple of problems I have with this thread. Let me start of with this nitemare, I respect you alot more than other TT fans. You are actually on these boards often, giving your insight on stuff having to do with the bruins in general, not just a TT debate. Take notacryingwino for example. Has anyone here even seen him lately? Look at his profile and the last threads he was in on were the "sick of TT bashing", "TT the vezina,contract,data" threads from like late july. He doesnt usually show up unless it has to do with TT, which leads me to believe that he's more of a TT fan than a bruins fan. Problems: I have noticed that TT fan's are very defensive. Take this sentence for example  "TT is nothing but a beer league goalie who's only good season was a fluke. His contract is an albatross and is weighing this team down"- Annonymous Most TT fans respond to a post like this not by defending Thomas, (the one who the original post was about) but by attacking rask. The above sentence has nothing to do with Rask. If you want to debate rask, start another thread. TT fans should defend TT. Not coming up with facts makes me think a TT fan knows the statement is true and instaed tries to cancel it out with a rask bash. So just fyi not only to nitemare, but also TT fans- When responding to a TT bashing post, actually defend TT instead of just bashing rask. As for your original post nitemare, Im afraid I havent been alive long enough to answer your question honestly. Unlike most people on this forum, Im still a teenager. Born in 93, 17 years old. The only bruins goalies I have ever watched first hand are Raycroft, TT, Manny, and Rask. I do know the history of the bruins and the NHL in general. I know who moog, cheevers, lemelin etc. are, but I just can't answer your question honestly because I have never watched those goalies
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Ok fair enough. However, this isn't just about a defending TT forum. I do have a point to make & I will make it once I get the real TT bashers on here making a statement. And I apologize & take this as a compliment. I actually thought you were a lot older than 17. You're writing skills far out way your age. So, I do have a new respect for you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Andy Moog
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

So nites ??  what's the answer ? Moog ,  no ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take a vote & be serious. : Gilles Gilbert my favorite Bruins goalie then the 1983 Vezina winner Pete Peeters was my 2nd favorite. Too bad Pete ran into the Islanders near the tail end of their 4 year cup run.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

and Moog ran into that other dynasty, The Oilers ! and then there was the Penguins and it was the end for him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

In Response to Take a vote & be serious.:
    [QUOTE]This is mostly for the TT bashers & haters, Since you think TT is so terrible. Who do you people think since lets say... 1980 when Cheevers retired; has been the Bruins best goaltender & has played a minimum of 70 games as a Bruin? Sorry Rask's boyfriends; you can't vote!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

The only one who's close is Moog.

Sections
Shortcuts