Talk About Overboard....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

Talk About Overboard....

This is just a little more than ridiculous, if you ask me:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2009/4/20/846120/is-milan-lucic-the-new-todd

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Talk About Overboard....

laughable to compare the two. One which ended someones career. Cross checking someone and driving someones head into the ice and ending someones career via broken neck are clearly two different things.

I never needed anyone to explain what was obvious to me. These two things are no where near eachother.

don't even listen to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

Yeah, the clothesline from behind on Komisarek was "horrifying", according to this artricle. He didn't hit the ice that hard. I saw it, for goodness' sake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Comparing Lucic to Bertuzzi is ignorant! Habs fans would not be reacting this way if they were being blown out by any other team. It's because the Habs are used to consitantly handing it to the Bs that there reacting this way!

I'm watching Bertuzzi right now against the Hawks and It sickens me he's allowed to earn a living after what he did! Lucic will never be looked upon this way ever!

Lucic let his emotions get a hold of him and now that's over he's back for the clincher having learned a hard lesson Bertuzzi still has never learned!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

Montreal fans would be awesome purveyors of propaganda, just look at this article for reference, lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I e-mailed the author and here is what i wrote:

Embarrassing to even think that Lucic and Bertuzzi belong in the same sentence let alone write an article about it. Cross checking someone in open ice can result, in a worst case scenario, in broken teeth. Grabbing someone from behind and driving their head into the ice, breaking their neck and ending their career in one of the most cowardly acts in professional sports in recent memory is in a completely different league.

To think i am going to the trouble of e-mailing some nit-wit that doesn't know the difference between these things is laughable.

Your ignorance isn't even the dime-a-dozen variety. It is the rare, magnificently awful kind of stupidity that rears its ugly head every once in a while and reminds humanity that many of us are beyond saving.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who read your article is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

LOL :)

feel free
    realitycheck-time@hotmail.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

The author responded to me. He wrote

Robert Lefebvre

to me
    show details 11:15 PM (0 minutes ago)

Kevin, give the piece another read. I'm not comparing the incidents. If anything, I'm comparing the temperments of the two players to react in a rash manner. Likely the only similar detail in all of it, is that Lucic and Bertuzzi came to the assistance of team mates. How they did, is secondary. What I am also suggesting is that a series of incidents involving a player sometimes points to a bigger foul when unpunished. I also used Rocket Richard in the example, to distill bias.

I do not attempt to point out the differences in the incidents, and I am barely looking at the specific incident Lucic was suspended for. It is in the trail of incidents that the focus is on, and what it could potentially point to. So far, Lucic has not done anything near to what Bertuzzi has done, and that's fortunate, as his jumping of Komisarek from behind could have turned real ugly.

If you scroll back up to the title, the article asks a question, it does make a statement. The piece also bends over backwards to not pass judgement and present incidents only.

Lucic is a player I quite, for his package of skill.

Thank - you for your e-mail
    Robert L

Hey, i might not agree with him, but props for the response

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Wow Olsonic,  good for you !  Thanks for stickin up for Looch.  It's just ridiculous all the bad press he got.  Komisarek has been trying to injure Looch, I cannot stress this enough.
    Keep up the great posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

part of my response is a Happy Gilmore quote. I don't think he picked up on that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL,  neither did I.  Ages I haven't seen that movie.
    Did it start with ?
    Your ignorance isn't even the dime-a-dozen variety.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Funny Olsonic! I too your cue and e-mailed him. He responded with the same excact copy n paste back peddling response!

Now i've read it twice and it still doesn't make sense except Hab fans will always look for excuses when the Bs beat them. Now who's one and done!?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonCherry. Show DonCherry's posts

Maybe they should worry about their own Ulfie Komisarek

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Wow. The article is a parody of itself. The shamelessness of propaganda never fails to amaze me!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Looch is famous for his hard hits. Not dirty hits. When he broke the glass, that was a clean hit. When a guy goes down at his feet, it's almost always a clean hit.

Before anyone attempts to knock him for being a monster, they should be challenged to provide an example of one bad hit, apart from hits on the habs, which are always long overdue and provoked, and apart from the hit on Jones, who gave Bergie his concussion.

In sum, it's not disagreement that pi sses me off, it's opinions expressed by people who don;t know hockey or watch the games. They always seem to have so much to say.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I love how they portray Komisarek as a helpless little boy.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

part of my response is a Happy Gilmore quote. I don't think he picked up on that.
    Posted by Olsonic

Here's another "Happy Gilmour" quote I heard and great also:

"The Price is wrong, Bob!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Olsonic.... simply.... priceless.  Kudos.  And yeah, props to Lefebvre for a decent response. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

I love how they portray Komisarek as a helpless little boy.  
    Posted by titletownfan

Well, if the shoe fits...Smile His skill level renders him helpless, lol. And Olsonic, EXCELLENT response!!! That guy really has no clue. I guess it must've been a slow news day, since the Habs are habitually losing lately.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

Looch is famous for his hard hits. Not dirty hits. When he broke the glass, that was a clean hit.
    Posted by BruinsUnite

What a hit, too. Lucic looked stunned after that glass broke, and maybe I'm crazy, but I detected a little concern for Van Ryn's condition on his face, too. How ironic that you bring this very hit up, because wasn't it just a couple weeks later that MONTREAL CANADIEN Tom Kostopoulos checked Van Ryn illegally and gave him a concussion, a broken hand, and a broken nose, resulting in a 3-game suspension? Where was that in the article about these "dangerous players", lol?? Selective journalism at its finest!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Another poor homosarik article that lacks any sense. But hey what could he find good about HIS team to write about? Typical homer writing silly stories. I was almost convinced it wasnt that bad until reading his responses to the comments, where he states that homsarik has been abused and wont fight because his team needs him. How laughable. Guess he didnt notice george Lacocke in the lineup for the same purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SullyFromMA. Show SullyFromMA's posts

That was actually a Billy Madison quote. Equally excellent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from daysgoby. Show daysgoby's posts

This is just a little more than ridiculous, if you ask me: http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2009/4/20/846120/is-milan-lucic-the-new-todd
    Posted by HermesConrad

Are you kidding me this whole suspension against Lucci was stupid.  If your gonna call one guy for something he does wrong then you call everybody.

And as far as the Montreal fans booing our National Antham, what a bunch of animals, you don't have to like us but you could show some respect for out country, what a bunch of losers you are.Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

it was actually a billy madison quote

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who read your article is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

Sections
Shortcuts