Taylor Hall to Edmonton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Taylor Hall to Edmonton

Hall has visited Edmonton.
    I'm sure Seguin will too, but is there something to be said about Hall visiting first?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NHL&hl=110508

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Taylor Hall to Edmonton

nope. it's standard procedure for potential picks to visit teams

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Thought I read somewhere that Hall visited with the Bruins last week.

I'll post it if I can find it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

http://www.csnne.com/06/05/10/Hall-Seguin-talk-about-playing-in-Boston/v1_landing_bruins.html?blockID=247790&feedID=3944

nevermind, I see what you're saying.. Hall visiting Edmonton first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall to Edmonton:
    Thought I read somewhere that Hall visited with the Bruins last week. I'll post it if I can find it.
    Posted by ocram

Yes, he did, it's in the Globe.  Standard.  If I had the first pick, I would take Seguin.  I respect those that have a different opnion.  If I were an assistant GM and had a vote, and I lost the vote to Hall, I would be perfectly fine with that.

I think they are just that close.  Either one would be fine if I were any NHL team.

As a Bruins fan, same deal.  Just as happy with one as the other, altho I prefer Seguin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Hold on ocram.
    Your article (June 5th) says Hall is heading to a Saturday visit to Boston.  Since the interview was on Friday, that means he was in Boston June 5th.
    McKodiak5's article (June 11th) says Hall visited Edmonton on Wednesday - June 9th.

Either way, I doubt it indicates anything.

Or is he asking about Hall visiting Edmonton before Seguin?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Hall wants to play for the Bruins...BUT it's not his choice...maybe after his first contract is up and he will join Seguin in Boston...remember Bobby Orr is his agent...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

doctor, I think McKodiak is referring to Hall visiting Edmonton before Seguin does?

agree with most posters, nothing much to read into.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Seguin is ranked no.1 ....has a bit more talent .played for a much weaker team but still scored 46 G.....the Oilers need a C why in the world would they pick Hall (ranked no.2) over Seguin ???   Bruins need a winger of course they would be 100% satisfied with Seguin but they would have to make a trade in order to keep Seguin at Center ....and it would much more convenient for the Bruins to draft Hall ....I really believe both teams are going to fill a gap on their roster ...Oilers by adding a C in Tyler Seguin and Bruins by adding a young forward....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

look at the last 6 stanley cup champions
    2010-Chicago
    2009-Pittsburgh
    2008-Detroit
    2007-Anaheim
    2006-Carolina
    2004-Tampa Bay

excluding the ducks in 2007, look at each of those cup winners at the center position-Toews,Malkin,Crosby,Zetterberg,Datsyuk,Eric Staal,Lecavalier,Brad Richards. Point is you cant win in this league without "that guy" down the middle.

Edmonton would be foolish to not take seguin. I say this not only because Im a bruins fan and hall would be a better fit for my team, but because it makes sense. If I were tambellini, no doubt I take seguin, especially with all the young wingers in the oilers organization

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

Hall would anincredible fit in the hub. Seguin is an awesome player as well. The debate is really prefference over talent. Both are pretty close in talent. I would prefer Hall but if I got seguin i would not complain at all. I think that they would move bergy to the wing and let seguin try it on for awhile.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

look at the last 6 stanley cup champions 2010-Chicago 2009-Pittsburgh 2008-Detroit 2007-Anaheim 2006-Carolina 2004-Tampa Bay excluding the ducks in 2007, look at each of those cup winners at the center position-Toews,Malkin,Crosby,Zetterberg,Datsyuk,Eric Staal,Lecavalier,Brad Richards. Point is you cant win in this league without "that guy" down the middle. Edmonton would be foolish to not take seguin. I say this not only because Im a bruins fan and hall would be a better fit for my team, but because it makes sense. If I were tambellini, no doubt I take seguin, especially with all the young wingers in the oilers organization
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

More proof that Marc Savard is not a true #1 center in the NHL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Hall did visit the B's first. Its all procedure. Heck, Fowler and Connoly met with the B's too.
    I think QUinns interview discussing trading with Boston was more interesting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall to Edmonton : More proof that Marc Savard is not a true #1 center in the NHL.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

By that logic, Joe Thornton isn't a #1 center. Nor is Sedin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Reports have come out that both Hall and Seguin can play center. Don't assume the each play specific positions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Could be something as simple as doing it in alphabetical order haha...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall to Edmonton : By that logic, Joe Thornton isn't a #1 center. Nor is Sedin.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

I don't see that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall to Edmonton : More proof that Marc Savard is not a true #1 center in the NHL.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Honestly, this is rediculous.

Savard may be the most impactful player in the NHL.

Can someone please look up our w-l record over the last 3 years w / savard opposed to w/out?

what about pp goal %?

We lose Savard , and the entire team looks different.  We instantly go from like 4th best in the east to like 3rd from the bottom.  Did you not see how awful we were for a stretch during his absence?

And wasnt he top 5 in assists in his last healthy year?  He's also got a pretty accurate shot.

I'll admit that he is a one way player.  But its possible to be a one player, and still be elite.  You just have to be very very good offensively.  Savard is.

He's not only a true #1, he's also elite.

No savard, bruins finish third from the bottom next year.  With Savard, we compete for the cup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Savard may be the most impactful player in the NHL. 
    Posted by Drewski5

hmmm.......

you lost me on that one...

Savards a great player, but there are plenty of more impactful players in the NHL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall to Edmonton : Honestly, this is rediculous. Savard may be the most impactful player in the NHL. Can someone please look up our w-l record over the last 3 years w / savard opposed to w/out? what about pp goal %? We lose Savard , and the entire team looks different.  We instantly go from like 4th best in the east to like 3rd from the bottom.  Did you not see how awful we were for a stretch during his absence? And wasnt he top 5 in assists in his last healthy year?  He's also got a pretty accurate shot. I'll admit that he is a one way player.  But its possible to be a one player, and still be elite.  You just have to be very very good offensively.  Savard is. He's not only a true #1, he's also elite. No savard, bruins finish third from the bottom next year.  With Savard, we compete for the cup.
    Posted by Drewski5

Looking at his shooting percentage, I wouldn't put his accuracy on the board for debate.

"Savard may be the most impactful player in the NHL."

I'd say that Washington is in a little more trouble without Ovechkin than Boston without Savard.  I'd also say Colorado and Paul Stastny, Carolina and Staal, Columbus and Nash.  It's a long list before Savard.

We have a decent debate on Savard going on in a different thread.  It's easy to find.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall to Edmonton : hmmm....... you lost me on that one... Savards a great player, but there are plenty of more impactful players in the NHL
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

I dont mean impactful as in pure talent.  I mean impactful as in how good the team is w vs how good the team is w/out.  Washington can win w/out ovie (albeit not as much).  Pitt can win w/out crosby (of course not cups, but at least stay afloat).

I dont enjoy watching the bruins (as currently constructed) when savy isnt on the ice.  We're awful (except for when we are getting a fluke stretch of Satan goals).

If Krejci wants to emerge this year (and I bet he does) things will be different.

But assuming Krejci is early 2009 Krejci and not late 2009 Krejci, we really have no replacement for what Savard brings.

Washington would prob still make the playoffs wout ovie.  Pitt prob still wout crosby.  And if Krejci plays all of 2010 like he did in latter 2009, then Ill agree that the Bs would still make the playoffs w/out savard, and no longer consider him one of the most impactful players in the nhl.

But until that happens, we just have no replacement. 

If you had Drew Brees as your starting QB and a quality backup, its conceivable that Drew Brees could be less important than a less talented QB (if that other QB didnt have a backup). 

Just trying to clarify.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Given the Bruins' last 7 games played, would you say Savard is as impactful as Krecji?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Hall to Edmonton : Looking at his shooting percentage, I wouldn't put his accuracy on the board for debate. "Savard may be the most impactful player in the NHL." I'd say that Washington is in a little more trouble without Ovechkin than Boston without Savard.  I'd also say Colorado and Paul Stastny, Carolina and Staal, Columbus and Nash.  It's a long list before Savard. We have a decent debate on Savard going on in a different thread.  It's easy to find.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I apologize for changing the subject on you.  And I appreciate you grasping my point.   What I've highlighted is what I disagree with.  I honestly think we are toast w/out savy.  I think Washington is a B- team without Ovie.

But you grasped my point, and thats really all I care about (even though you disagree).

Id find the other thread, but im taking off.  its 10 mins past quittin time.

Cheers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Given the Bruins' last 7 games played, would you say Savard is as impactful as Krecji?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

meaningless sample.  too small.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Posted by SoxFanInIL

If krejci plays like he did at the end of 2009 throughout all of 2010, I rescind my comments.  I think he will and hope he does, but its not a given.