Tell me about the best time you ever had at a Bruins game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Tell me about the best time you ever had at a Bruins game...

Dec. 26, 1988. Buffalo Aud.

Drove down from Toronto arriving 3 hours before game time. Bought $10 ticket near rafters. Since the gate was open I walked right in, no-one was there to take my ticket and went straight to the dressing rooms.

Peeked in and there was Coach Terry O'Reilly and the trainers. Introduced myself and started a nice converstion with him. The Bruins were not doing well at the time and Terry was lamenting the Bruin's team attitude. "They went to the Cup Final last year and they think they're going back just by showing up".

As the players started trickling in, Terry said that I should get going because things would start "heating up". So I waited outside the dressing room and shook hands with each Bruin as they went in and wished them luck.

The security people saw me the whole time and did nothing. Then one came up to me and asked if I was Keith Crowder's brother. That sounded good to me so, yeah "thats right, nice to meet you." I was allowed to stay in the area and watch the game in the runway from the dressing to the ice behind the net.

Toward the second half of the second period, I noticed Michael Thelven sitting in the stands just to my right and I now he had been playing at the start of the game. There was an empty seat beside him, and I told the security person that I wanted to go speak to Michael. "Sure, go ahead." So I spent the last half of the game sitting and talking with him. He had tweaked his hamstring. He gave me some great insights to line changes, positioning and break-outs.

Unfortunately, the Bruins lost 2-1.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Tell me about the best time you ever had at a Bruins game...

Wheats,
    I was at the pittsburg game a few years back that kessel won on the shoot out..
    Also the game we were down like 4 or 5 to 1 in 07 or 08, were we came back to lose to the pens in a shootout.

I was at the playoff game in 07?
    that we lost 1-0 to montreal (and they scored right away I missed the opening goal)

I was at the 5-1 game the following year(mon), and then 4-1 win in the canes series..

this year i was blessed..
    I was at the game 3-2 double OT game vs buffalo
    and the 3-2 game against philly where lucic scored in the final minutes to win it..
    I might have to give the nod as best game to the 5-1 montreal game just cause it felt so good to really beat them..
    it not the double ot buffalo game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Martin Luther King Day I want too say 03 or 04.  Family tradition we would go to the matinee game on this day every year.  This year it was against the NY Rangers.  This would be the game that Lindros destroyed Jumbo Joe's face in a fight right off the faceoff.  But this was a memorable game for me as a i was sitting about 8 rows behind the rangers bench.  Hated Matthew Barnaby, was yelling at him all game in between whistles and TV timeouts.  And finally late in the game i yell Baranby YOU SUCKKK.  As a 15 or 16 year old kid i thought it was great.  Well what does he do,  stands up on the bench turns around and yells SO DOES YOUR MOM.  Mind you this was during a TV timeout so it was fairly quiet.  Was classic to me because I was able to agitate a career long agitator

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I was at a game at the old Garden when the Bruins creamed the Canadiens.  Chased Patrick Roy in the second period.  I think that the final score was 6-3.

It was a great night up until I was hit by half a beer thrown from the upper deck as the final horn was still echoing around the building.  Buncha savages.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewinab. Show Drewinab's posts

There have been lots...it's hard to pick one...

First game I saw them live was at the old Maple Leaf Gardens - awesome atmosphere!

I was at the game in Vancouver where Marty McSorley clubbed Brashear...it was mayhem in the stands - fights breaking out between Bruins fans and Canucks fans and it spilled out of the arena after the game...it was a crazy night!

I live in Calgary now and get out to games anytime the B's are out west...I was at a game a few years ago where a drunk fan stripped down and scaled the glass by the penalty box...he fell and knocked himself out...the B's bench was howling - it was hilarious.

Got to follow them on the tail end of a road trip a few years back - in Calgary, Edmonton, and Toronto - they won all three games.  I remember the Edmonton game - Tim Thomas was just called up because of injuries and he played outstanding...at the time I remember thinking "where the hell did this guy come from? because he wasn't really on anyone's radar at the time.  Then at ACC they kicked Leaf butt - it's so much fun giving it to Leaf fans!

Got to watch them at Northlands Colesium against Edmonton in last game of the Cup final the year light's went out at the Garden.  They lost but it was pretty cool to be at a Cup final game...I took a lot of flack from Oiler fans that night so it wasn't the best time!  B's had a great team that year - probably one of their best in recent history - but the Oilers were unstoppable during those years.

Another fun one was in Winnipeg - my brother is a cop in Ontario and he got to know Terry O'Reilly's brother who was an RCMP officer in Winnipeg.  We went to a Jets/Bruins game there and through Terry's brother got to meet Terry O'Reilly at the game day skate - he was coaching the Bruins at the time...he was setting the starting line up and told my brother to pick the starting goalie - my brother told him to start Lemelin...he did and the B's won. I also got a picture autographed by O'Reilly...I told him my name (Andy) and he said "As long as it's not Van Hellemond I'll sign it" lol!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Game 6 vs. Buffalo this year might have been might favorite I attended since its the only series clincher I've witnessed in person.
     I wish I could say the redemption game vs. Pitt was my favorite - instead its my my second worst experience, just behind game 7 vs. Philly!
    Smoking Detroit in the 08-09 season was a fun one to be at as well cause I think it sort of solidified that those B's were for real and it started there rediculous run up thru December of that season.

Every game I went to while in college - well, i was barely coherent enough to remember, and the stands were empty - the only thing people cheered for was PJ Stock.

Best story from a game - sitting in the Loge with the players wives and my father dumping his beer by accident on one of the injured Bruins players watching - can't remember the stiffs name.
    Or my brother and I going off on Hartnell last year only to find out 5 minutes laters his brother and his family were sitting directly behind us... sorry kid but your uncle is a $%&^&$%! His brother looks like he fixes computers for a living!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Easy one for me. April of '85.
    Bruins staring down a game 4 elimination at the hands of the Habs. Ken Linseman puts the B's on his back with the hat-trick including the game winner late in the 3rd. B's win 7-6. Never saw the Garden rock so hard. I was sure the balcony was coming down. I've seen a lot of sporting events in my life but nothing comes close to this. Couldn't speak for a week I was so hoarse.

...granted we all know what happened in the momentous Penney/Keans duel in game 5, but still...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I drove in from Sarnia, Ont. 11 hours for last home game of the 2007/08 season April 5 against the Sabres. Got in night of April 4 and watched B's clinch playoffs with a win against Sens at Cheers Bar. I think I was the only Bruins fan in there -had to ask to put the game on then got kicked out for being a disturbance! Next day did the Bruins Pub Crawl and the game -total blast. Hung out with Bob Sweeney before and after the game at the crawl. Game actually sucked because B's had already clinched. Highlight was Jeremy Reich driving someone throught the boards. Don't remember much else...good pub crawl followed by crawl home.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from collinst. Show collinst's posts

In the mid-late 90s, I saw a lot of Kolzig and the Capitals at the Fleet Center, though no Caps-Bruins matchup was better than the 6 on 6 fight.  I was down the other end of the brawl, sitting second row balcony with my aunt, sister, and brother (who was four years old).  The place was going wild, and my little bro was passed out, missing it all.  The balcony was filled with drunks yelling and cheering as Dafoe and Kolzig danced, laughing and throwing punches.  Great memory.

Also got to witness the best NHL fight of my time: PJ Stock vs Stephen Peat... if you can't remember it, youtube it.  The amount of punches thrown in that fight might be a record.  Both guys were getting clobbered again and again, but neither slowed for a second... I don't think I'll ever see a fight like that again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I was at Game 6 against Montreal...STURM HOLDS...SCOOOOOOOORES!!!! THIS BUILDING IT VIBRATING!!!! Best sports experience I've ever had...didn't have a voice for like a week...

Also, in terms of just great overall nights, Blake Wheeler's hat trick game was great...bought a 10 dollar ticket with my best friends, moved up to 2nd row, plenty of beers, a couple lippers, a lotta hockey, nothing better...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Tell me about the best time you ever had at a Bruins game...:
    I was at Game 6 against Montreal...STURM HOLDS...SCOOOOOOOORES!!!! THIS BUILDING IT VIBRATING!!!! Best sports experience I've ever had...didn't have a voice for like a week... Also, in terms of just great overall nights, Blake Wheeler's hat trick game was great...bought a 10 dollar ticket with my best friends, moved up to 2nd row, plenty of beers, a couple lippers, a lotta hockey, nothing better...
    Posted by mannyortez3424

Yup, I was at that one too, man what a game!

Off the top of my head, and I forgot the year, I was at the game 4 sweep of the habs when Moog got the SO. On a lesser note I was at Looch's only (if i remember right) hat trick vs Atl a couple years back. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I was at the second to last game of the season this year vs carolina. It was the game where we scored 3 shorthanded goals on the same hunwick penalty. I was in a luxury box so i got a ton of free food. I didnt even know the 3 goals were shorthanded until my friend pointed it out

Sections
Shortcuts