Thank kessel, for savard deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Thank kessel, for savard deal

Does anybody out there think savard signs this deal if kessel signs in boston for over 5 mil. Don't give me any of that crap that he didn't want that much, he signed with a terrible team that gave up a big chunk of their future to get him (for big bucks).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Thank kessel, for savard deal

The only way you can sign Savard is if Kessel would have taken less money. Look what happened to the tonights opponent the Lightning after they one the cup in 2004. They locked up Lecavalier, St Louis, Richards and Khabibulin the next summer and couldn't bring in any other role players or free agents best example of paying too much to your core.

Kessel went for the bucks and the wide open offense and then the Bruins got called cheap. Phil's agent wasn't going to advise Phil to take a little less now then reap the rewards later. Morris, Stuart and Wheeler can be brought back now if PC so chooses.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Savard's statement meant a lot to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

pc had to sign sav, just imagine sav being a fa and burke making up space to reunite him with kess. even a dummie like pc is too fearful to envision this scenario.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Kessel didn't want to stay and I don't think Chia wanted to keep him at the sort of money being talked about. I think the threat to match the offer sheet was a bluff. Bid too low the offer is matched, bid too high and they overpay by a silly amount. The extra 1st rounder was enough to keep most people happy ( with the exception of a fair few on this board! ).

Savard resigning is great news and as Pauly said above it probably wouldn't have happened if all those $$ had been in #81's bulging wallet.

Toronto love having superstar players who don't tire themselves out by going to the playoffs. Just look at Mats Sundin after the lockout. LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I have a hard time believing anyone, especially people like Marco who have the typing skills of an 8 year old, honestly believe the B's have bad management simply because Kessel is gone.

If they were bad, they wouldn't have been able to keep Krejci, Savard, Thomas, Lucic, and others. People like Recchi, who's played on many teams over a long time, and could easily choose where he wants to play, would stay with a team that was "mismanaged"

It's amazing how people think Kessel is a one man team, and that the rest of the roster should have been sacrificed to keep him. That one man team is at the bottom of the standing, with only a severely injury depleted team looking up at them.

You have no clue. That's why the management gets the big bucks, and you, apparently, sit in the dark and type with your face.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Exactly Dave, I completely agree

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

dave, ur gtting sillier and sillier as ur posts go on. Rechhi is done , u couldn't give him away if u tried checked his stats lately.

lucic, umm yes he's a fan favorite but i guess is 17 goals last year is deserving of 4m. i forgot he did beat up kom so gotta give him 4m

thomas signing at 5m , better keping him then a 21 yr old phenom

look dave, let's talk come playoff time or do u think the offence will miraculously explode. i stand correct it sav will make bitz a 36 goal scorer, or maybe sturm, or maybe ryder , what was i thinking. Pc and cj are genius,

pc has so  far shown a great track record in hiring coaches. which team is dave lewis coaching now?  cj u will be right where lewis is sooner then later

dave, that's why mgmt get's the big bucks, u mean the mgmt that has been so successful in bringing a cup here. the only one who is the the dark is u ,
    37 yrs of crap, how much worse can anyone do? keep worshipping these big time winners

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

First of all THIS management hasn't been here for 37 years so don't paint everyone with the same brush.  Secondly, my theory is to give a manager 5 years to build a team that can win it all.  I think the current management (which I believe is in year 4) is well on their way.  No one can guarantee a cup no matter how good a team is.  However, with some fine tuning, luck and no major injuries in the playoffs this team has a shot.

Matt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

This will go along way in showing players around the league this is a good organization to play for.This wasn't so just a few short years ago.Players couldn,t wait to get out under Mike O'connell era.P.C has brought respetability back this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Gees Marco a phenom after one 36 goal season. I thought phenoms were reserved for players like Gretsky, Crosby, Malkin and Oveckins of the world the real stars.

Your mind is so clouded you probably think he can become as good as one of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Within the parameters of Savard signing/cap saving is the thought of a larger deal in the making. It not only means signing players next year, as the case with Chicago now, but it makes it clearer for a potential trade in March for a winger should and if the Bruins were to be a legitimate favorite to win the cup this year.  Nah, keep the picks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

great point john6345 this was a team that no one wanted to come due to Jacobs, Harry and ect, Chiarelli has turned that around and it started when they landed Chara, Then Savard came here because they did get Chara. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrGobbles. Show MrGobbles's posts

davecarr is a brainless sheep. Don't even bother trying to explain reality to him.

Sections
Shortcuts