THAT SCORER WE NEED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

THAT SCORER WE NEED

Last night the Bruins played a very good 60 minute team game and both the pk and pp played very well. Now we have alittle momentum and it would be time to get the scorer we need. I know I posted this before but Patrick Sharp is on the block and the Thrashers are currently after him. He has Bruin written all over him and has a small cap hit for what he brings to the table. The Hawks are trying to shed cap so the Bruins could give up a pick or 2 to get him, he would help to balance the team out and Savy would have his go to guy. I would just like to hear your thoughts on this since he is really up for grabs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: THAT SCORER WE NEED

Sharp for Wideman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wideman for anybody.  I'd be ecstatic to see Sharp for Wideman.  I don't think the Hawks would give us that good a deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: THAT SCORER WE NEED:
    Wideman for anybody.  I'd be ecstatic to see Sharp for Wideman.  I don't think the Hawks would give us that good a deal. Posted by BadHabitude

I repeat Wideman for anyone let Boychuck play. i repeat Wideman for anyone....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

and then we replace wideman with who? are you going to lacem up? good post.

that being said, sharp has a 3.9 cap hit. Hes also signed for 2 more years after this. he had 26 last year, 36 the year before that, 20 before that, and 14 before that. I really don't think he is the cap friendly option were looking for. I wouldn't mind pursuing frolov, or if NYR starts to slip even higgins. The best case, is if Daniel Alfredsson. His cap hit is a managable 4.875 (if we wait until the deadline) and if ottawa starts sliding  as i suspect they will the sens might look to move him for a first rounder

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I just love making wrong predictions and Bruins win !
    Hawks have the Bowman's in management and are pretty well set on D therefore I don't see them wanting our un-wanted, especially Wideman at 4M.
    I they're trying to shed cap room why would they take Wideman ?
    BTW Higgins is in the dog house with Tortorella.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Nathan Horton     
    nathan horton 6.2  229pds this guy true grit,, goal scorer  when playing with the right player ,like a savard he,d pop i few in

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Wideman is an excellent D just going trhough a slump ...I think the Hawks would go fot it...and yes Patrick Sharp would be a good addition ...Boychuck could replace Wideman

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Wideman is an excellent D just going trhough a slump ...I think the Hawks would go fot it...and yes Patrick Sharp would be a good addition ...Boychuck could replace Wideman
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010

Wideman has never been, and never will be, an "excellent" D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

signed for cap hit of 4 mill until 2013....why would florida trade hiim?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Steven Reinprecht           
    15 gp 9 goals   if the panthers are willing  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

signed for small money through 11/12....i rather doubt it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Anybody for Wideman!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldRaspy. Show OldRaspy's posts

Maybe CJ needs to show Wideman the press box for a few games and let Boychuk play. Once again last night, bad, lazy passes in the D zone, constant adventures at the blue line, and the best seat in the house for the Sabres second goal (I believe he has a season ticket located just outside the crease behind the opposing forward).

Morris has been everything Wideman is supposed to be for less dough. A trade for a scorer would be great, but it is too early for anyone to be that desperate for medicore D, 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

But seriously, I read on ESPN.com that the Panthers might be willing to deal Horton.  The trade makes even more sense when you consider:

Nathan Horton makes $4,000,000 until 2013
    Dennis Wideman makes $3,937,500 until 2012.

Those are two very similar contracts.  Also, Florida might want a defenseman after getting rid of Boumeester last year.  I could see this trade happening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

signed for cap hit of 4 mill until 2013....why would florida trade hiim?
    Posted by dkrejci46

I live in South Florida and there have been rumors of them trying to move Horton for the the last year.  I believe they thought he would develop into a more dominant player.  The team philosophy has changed several times over Horton's short career.  Bottom line, their franchise is all screwed up.  How else would you explain moving Luongo, the only player they have had who draws any sort of fan base.
    My guess is it wouldn't take too much to get Horton.  They might be interested in a veteran like Ryder or Wideman, or even a gritty player like Sobotka.  Although who knows how the recent injury to Booth has changed their thinking.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

The NYI just lost a D Man for the season we can send Wideman to NYI for picks and use the picks and if needed a prospect in exchange for Sharp. Trade Ryder to Dallas
    to play with old teammate Ribiero for picks.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Doesn't matter if we get Sharp or not.. not enough we need someone like Vincent with Tampa to help these losers!
    Posted by imafan

Go punch yourself in the face.  It would make us all feel better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

As thin as Florida is on D, they're even more so up front. I can't see, though I'd love to, a scenario where they move Horton for Wideman. That pot would have to be sweetened with the likes of Sobotka and a draft pick(s). And with Seabrook, Keith and Campbell, three of the better puck moving D-men in the league, I don't think the Blackhawks will be flipping Sharp for Wideman anytime soon.
    How about the B's take a chance on Fabian Brunnstrom? Or Marek Svatos for Colorado? Both have been rumored to be on the block who might blow up with a change of scenery. Shane Doan would be my number one choice for his all around game, but doubt that's gonna happen. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

In Response to Re: THAT SCORER WE NEED : Go punch yourself in the face.  It would make us all feel better.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Well said. hilarious.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"are you going to lacem up ? good post having said that." good retort DIKrejci46 back again with his snobby condescending remarks to fellow Bruins fans. You just don't get it do you. Go to your school and socialize a little you have no skills!

@TimThomas-god "Those are two very similar contracts.  Also, Florida might want a defenseman after getting rid of Boumeester last year."  I could see this trade happening." Very doable trade and Florida will be looking to deal. I don't see PC acquiring anymore draft picks we have plenty along with Prospects (except for Dman).

I could also see the Islanders being a good trade partner they definitely need help on D. There not going to give up any of there young guns though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

As thin as Florida is on D, they're even more so up front. I can't see, though I'd love to, a scenario where they move Horton for Wideman. That pot would have to be sweetened with the likes of Sobotka and a draft pick(s). And with Seabrook, Keith and Campbell, three of the better puck moving D-men in the league, I don't think the Blackhawks will be flipping Sharp for Wideman anytime soon. How about the B's take a chance on Fabian Brunnstrom? Or Marek Svatos for Colorado? Both have been rumored to be on the block who might blow up with a change of scenery. Shane Doan would be my number one choice for his all around game, but doubt that's gonna happen. 
    Posted by Davidorr

I agree with you about Brunnstrom, that deal could definitely happen.  I just made a whole post on a possible Bruins-Stars trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

really imafan....9 million dollar vinny is your number one choice.....really? you know even less than i thought

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I'd let Sobatka and picks go for Sharp if the Hawks were willing....I'm less impressed w/Soby than most, and Wideman will come around....still a better than avg. offenseive-minded D guy, if a bit careless at times in his own end. Late in the season/playoffs it's good to have a D guy who can deliver a goal now and then.

BTW, even I have to admit: nice win last night against a good Sabres team. Let's see if they can actually string a few together like that.

Sections
Shortcuts