The best trade for the Bruins :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quebecbruinsfans. Show quebecbruinsfans's posts

The best trade for the Bruins :)

To Washington: Marc Savard, Tim Thomas, Brad Marchand
    To Boston: Alex Semin

Semin - Krejci - Horton
    Lucic - Bergeron - Recchi
    ...Wheeler- Seguin - Ryder
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton
    LTIR (Sturm)

Chara - Boychuk
    Seindenberg - Ference
    Stuart - Hunwick
    Alexandrov

Rask
    Theodore

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Re: The best trade for the Bruins :)

Looks good to me . . . . and for both teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Really? Semin?

The guy is a locker room head case and a lazy player, thanks but no thanks to that prima donna

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Caps will most likely re-sign Fleischmann, so they will all set for scoring centers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: The best trade for the Bruins :):
    Really? Semin? The guy is a locker room head case and a lazy player, thanks but no thanks to that prima donna
    Posted by ssags111

Yeah Semin can be a head case. But he definitely can play on the left wing even though he's listed as a right winger . . . . Bruins need a left winger.

Actually since Semin only has a 1 year contract, due to him wanting to test the UFA market next year 'cause he's greedy (he's gonna want more than $6 million a year on his next contract), I'm gonna change my mind about this trade proposal. Bruins shouldn't do such a trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't like it. First off, I don't want Semin. If I want Semin, it is so that he can play with Savard, who is involved in the trade. Also, I doubt Savard would accept a trade to WAS. If I'm going to trade with WAS i would go after knuble, Thomas for knuble, Ryder + 3rd to CBJ for a 3rd
    Posted by pbergeron37

Yeah, Savard would hate to play on that team.  They can't score at all.  I bet he'd hate to have that slug Ovechkin on his wing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Is this even possible for Wash to fit under the cap?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: The best trade for the Bruins :) : Yeah, Savard would hate to play on that team.  They can't score at all.  I bet he'd hate to have that slug Ovechkin on his wing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

In all fairness ovechkin's not on his wing.. How do you think Savard would feel about playing #2?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Wouldn't want to see Theodore or Semin in Black n' Gold, and I can't see either TT or Sav wanting to waive their NMC to go there either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I don't want Semin..  I'll take Fleischmann though.  Maybe the Caps are looking to deal him now that Gordon has re-signed.  He can play left wing or center.  Looked good with Krejci this winter too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The best trade for the Bruins :) : you know what, your sarcastic so much that it was bound to catch up with you at some point. So you are telling me, that the caps would move Backstrom, a guy who they just signed, a guy who was 4th in the league in scoring with 101 points, a guy who was third in assists in the NHL with 68, a guy that was 4th in plus minus to the second line away from ovechkin???? tough sell my friend, tough sell
    Posted by pbergeron37

Oh, my mistake.  I figured you had a different plan for Backstrom.  With Savard set to make $7M this season, I didn't consider him for second line duty.  Most teams in the NHL aren't willing to pay that amount of money for a player on the second line.  That is, of course, if you think he'd be on the second line.  That will push Laich and Fleischmann down further...unless in the story, the idea is to get rid of one of them.

Can you elaborate on what the Caps should do with the other centers on the club?  Should they jettison one of their much younger, much cheaper centers, or maybe just have one of them waste away with minimal minutes on the fourth line?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Hamil for Crosby.-Best trade by far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The best trade for the Bruins :) : If you would kindly look at my first post, which you responded to, I said that I doubted Savard would waive his NTC to go to washington. If he thought there was a chance he would play with Ovechkin, he probably would, however I do not believe the original post said anything about Backstrom being moved in any kind of a deal....at this point, you were being a sarcastic jerk, you overlooked something, just apologize and move on. When you are as sarcastic as you are, its bound to happen. I have no problem with it, but I am going to call you out when I catch you napping. Cheers
    Posted by pbergeron37

I'd break it down for you, but clearly it would do no good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think Savvy to the Rangers might be the most likely scenario...the question is what do we get in return?  Staal?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I think Savvy to the Rangers might be the most likely scenario...the question is what do we get in return?  Staal?
    Posted by TuukkainNet

To NYR: Marc Savard
    To BOS: Michael DelZotto, Chris Kreider

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The Caps can't take on that much money.
    they have numerous RFA' Fleish/Fehr/Schultz for starters.   Plus they need to add the salaries of Carlson/Alzner/backup goalie.

They can't take on 13 million on contracts.  The Caps are waiting for all the RFA's to sign and then likely will go shopping for a top 4 dman via trade.

The Caps are set with the rookie tandom so we can forget dealing TT to them.  Why would they add that contract when they can shop UFA goalies at almost half the price. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Thomas, Wheeler, Ryder, and Hunwick for a granola bar.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

If the B's wanted to take on a head case they should have drafted Kabanov. If he didn't pan out it would have only cost a draft pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Dude are you freaken crazy??? We are getting ripped off BIG TIME in that deal. Only way I do it is if Shero includes malkin AND staal in addition to crosby

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: The best trade for the Bruins :) : Dude are you freaken crazy??? We are getting ripped off BIG TIME in that deal. Only way I do it is if Shero includes malkin AND staal in addition to crosby
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

That's not enough. A 1st round pick and PC might say yes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: The best trade for the Bruins :) : That's not enough. A 1st round pick and PC might say yes.
    Posted by BlackandGold24

Ok....now you guys are pushing it.  You got too greedy.  We may have to include a 4th or 5th round pick now. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Thomas, Wheeler, Ryder, and Hunwick for a granola bar.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Rask, Bergeron, Krecji & Chara for a rice cake! What a dope!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: The best trade for the Bruins :) : That's not enough. A 1st round pick and PC might say yes.
    Posted by BlackandGold24

It should be Hamill for Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Tangradi, Despres, and a 1st.  Even that may not be enough.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

So Savard is going to accept a demotion to the second line center position. He isn't going to take over for Backstrom. And isn't this a lot of Cap space for Washington to give up?

Semin is lazy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Exactly -- Hamil for Crosby would be a far better trade for the Bruins. 

Way better than the terrible trade that was suggested at the start of this thread.

Who wants a couple of head cases like Semin and Theodore anyways ?