THE BOSTON BRUINS NEED NEW OWNERSHIP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

This is stupid.

It doesn't matter if Jacobs is or is not "willing to spend more", there is a SALARY CAP, and the Bruins are spending the maximum.

Jacobs is hardly the quintessential owner, but all you morons who think that an ownership change would mean that the Bruins would instantly become some sort of dynasty (like OMG TEH SOXPATSCELTS!) need your collective heads examined.

If the team continues to be in mediocre (which it likely will this year) and doesn't win Cups in the next, say, 5 years or so, it STILL won't be jacobs' fault, as long as he continues to do as he is doing now: spending up to the salary cap.

Pull your heads out, folks. The reason the Bruins have been mediocre lies a LOT more with decisions made by general managers than it has by the over-simplistic, revisionist "Jacobs won't spend" BS. That hjas certainly been part of the problem at times...but it is not the whole problem, or close to it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

[Quote]

This is stupid.

It doesn't matter if Jacobs is or is not "willing to spend more", there is a SALARY CAP, and the Bruins are spending the maximum.

Jacobs is hardly the quintessential owner, but all you morons who think that an ownership change would mean that the Bruins would instantly become some sort of dynasty (like OMG TEH SOXPATSCELTS!) need your collective heads examined.

If the team continues to be in mediocre (which it likely will this year) and doesn't win Cups in the next, say, 5 years or so, it STILL won't be jacobs' fault, as long as he continues to do as he is doing now: spending up to the salary cap.

Pull your heads out, folks. The reason the Bruins have been mediocre lies a LOT more with decisions made by general managers than it has by the over-simplistic, revisionist "Jacobs won't spend" BS. That hjas certainly been part of the problem at times...but it is not the whole problem, or close to it.

[/Quote]

Looks like Kennedy cannot read or thinks scouting, management & GM's don't matter lmao

"All three of these owners have a lot in common. They were willing to spend money on knowledgable proven coaches and scouting personel to produce competitive teams. Jeremy Jacobs hired his third choice as GM (Peter Chiarelli) after arguing over money with the first 2 candidates and Jacobs Bruins as of 07 spent #21 in the league for scouting and development according to Forbes magazine. The 3 other owners were willing to invest heavily in those areas, and they were smart enough to hire great coaches to lead all of these teams. They are all great fans of their respective sports. Great teams need great owners, and all 3 are just that."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins111. Show bruins111's posts

yes but who want spend 1 billions for this pakage

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

lets all spending our lives hoping to win the lotto because that is about as likely as this team being sold.  The Jacobs family is not selling, get over it.  If you chose not to be a fan because of this, that is your choice but it does not give you the right to polute the board with 10 threads everyday about something that is not going to happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritwalljones. Show ritwalljones's posts

[Quote]lets all spending our lives hoping to win the lotto because that is about as likely as this team being sold.  The Jacobs family is not selling, get over it.  If you chose not to be a fan because of this, that is your choice but it does not give you the right to polute the board with 10 threads everyday about something that is not going to happen.[/Quote]

Go cry into your Bruins pillow you whiny baby. Some of us fans actually have standards for our team and like to discuss how it's run, so stop commenting here if you dont like it. People obviously want to talk about this or else there wouldn't be so many topics on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Well if even one of you showed me you had atleast a little knowledge of hockey. I might be able to take you seriously.  Unfortunately in discussions the JJ haters club shows itself to be truly ignorant of the sport and team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vickers21. Show vickers21's posts

ORR IS A MORON! I wish there people with IQ's lower then 40 werent allowed in here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from janasie36. Show janasie36's posts

orrbest is a classic "sheep" or whatever term you want to use. He/she/it never looks at anything objectively, refuses to acknowledge any facts that puts his/hers precious Bruins in a negative light and attacks fans by calling them "haters" if they state facts he/she doesnt like or doesn't agree that the bruins are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The sad part about it is that orr doesn't see how foolish he/she is being by acting like a baby without its favorite binky. Sorry I had to put my two cents in after reading his constant belly aching in every single thread!

On the article itself it is extremely well written imo and backs things up with facts and what most "bruins lovers" (to phrase people like orr seems to love to do) what they can't get past is that there is alot more to this then just a salary cap number, that is much to simplistic rosey view of things. So much more areas need money, time and resources sunk into to build a real Cup contender and Jacobs is still cutting corners and nickle and diming and hurting the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Well I happen to have a above average IQ and two university degrees but you can always delete your account any time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from janasie36. Show janasie36's posts

[Quote]

Well I happen to have a above average IQ and two university degrees but you can always delete your account any time.

[/Quote]

Oh yes you can really tell by how open minded and intelligent you act on here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vickers21. Show vickers21's posts

[Quote]

[/Quote]

LMAO yeah ok in what? Lemmings 101 and how to wear rose coloured glasses properly? Please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[Quote]LMAO yeah ok in what? Lemmings 101 and how to wear rose coloured glasses properly? Please.[/Quote]

No Math and Physchology

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

bla bla the bruins dont spend money, this is 1991 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

ah, new and refreshing topics.

is that all people write about on the B's pages?  how much jacobs sucks and needs to sell the team?  very eloquent writing, but ownership talk is boring. plus it wont change anything

when people start reciting song & verse about the history, they have to realize that times have changed in the NHL.  Even with the Bruins.  The lockout has changed how everyone in the NHL operates.

Yes they did not hire their first choice for GM (Shero), both candidates had no prior experience.  Why would you overpay for a GM with no experience?  Even in this case, the Bruins did something they never did, which is hire outside of their organization.

like many others i have been patiently waiting for them to hoist the cup, but guess what..... its not going to happen for at least 5 more seasons.  They need time to rebuild. 

I am willing to see if Chiarelli, Neely & Sweeney can build a winner.  The being cheap excuse can go out the window now that the cap is in place.

not about being a sheep or a hater, its about being realistic. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

How much less are the bruins spending on scouting than other teams. I still haven't seen a list of coach/gm salaries to see how "cheap" the owner really is.
    I seem to remember theo being one of the lowest paid gms and almost left because he couldn't get enough $$ and that was after winning. I also think that tito was the 3rd choice when hired and one of the least paid managers until his new contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

I can actually appreciate the type of system Peter Chiarelli is implementing.  Build from within.  Let the youth develop their talents and build the team around it.  Maybe all his decisions are not the best, but I would have to say that a good portion of his decisons have benefited the team.

Hey guys, he got Blake Wheeler for nothing.  What does that tell you.  And, he kept last years team together.  Aaron Ward, Chuck Kobasew.  I would say he overpaid for Michael Ryder, but how many of the UFA's on 07/01 were NOT overpaid? LOL   Vancouver offered Mats Sundin $20M over 2 years; thats not overpaying?

I know the talk around the boards was Marion Hossa, but imagine how much it would have taken to get him in a Bruins uniform; It would have exorbatant to say the least.  If the bruins had signed Hossa for HIS asking price, then the entire message board would have been in an uproar about how much they overpaid.

Patrice Bergeron will return to the lineup in October.  God willing his health will carry him through out the season; you have to take some joy in watching him take the ice again.

Lets just see what unfolds this season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

I used to split season tickets with 3 other friends. We sat near center ice, loge seats, 12 rows up from the ice. We have been gone for 5 years now. Since then, we now own season tickets to the Boston Red Sox and I barter a few Sox tickets for a couple of Patriots games each year. I'll even consider swapping for a Celtics game. We have absolutely no regrets. If I want to see hockey in Boston, I go to see BU or BC. Good hockey, good program. I'd love to give you a piece of my mind in person at the Garden, but you won't get the chance unless you give me the tickets. I WILL NOT PAY A DIME TO SEE AN AVERAGE PRODUCT FROM A POORLY RUN ORGANIZATION LIKE YOURS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vigbig.. Show vigbig.'s posts

[Quote]

"All three of these owners have a lot in common. They were willing to spend money on knowledgable proven coaches and scouting personel to produce competitive teams. Jeremy Jacobs hired his third choice as GM (Peter Chiarelli) after arguing over money with the first 2 candidates and Jacobs Bruins as of 07 spent #21 in the league for scouting and development according to Forbes magazine. The 3 other owners were willing to invest heavily in those areas, and they were smart enough to hire great coaches to lead all of these teams. They are all great fans of their respective sports. Great teams need great owners, and all 3 are just that."[/Quote]

Makes me sick to my stomach that JJ is still cutting corners like this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]Makes me sick to my stomach that JJ is still cutting corners like this.[/Quote]

funny that neither the sox or celts hired a coach/manager that was thier 1st choice. the sox didn't hire thier 1st choice for gm or manager and both were paid far below what other big market teams were paying thier guys. even after winning titles, the doom and gloom trolls want tito,theo and rivers fired.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vigbig.. Show vigbig.'s posts

[Quote]funny that neither the sox or celts hired a coach/manager that was thier 1st choice. the sox didn't hire thier 1st choice for gm or manager and both were paid far below what other big market teams were paying thier guys. even after winning titles, the doom and gloom trolls want tito,theo and rivers fired. [/Quote]

Ah nope both are paid exceedingly well and Chiarelli is the lowest paid GM in the NHL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]Ah nope both are paid exceedingly well and Chiarelli is the lowest paid GM in the NHL.[/Quote]

wrong, titos' new contract is a good market value contract. Even after winning in 2004, he still was one of the lowest paid managers. I think he was making less than 1m/yr until his new deal. Theo was also on the low end of the pay scale and held out for more $$ and power on his current deal. The sox have never been known to pay their non players top $$. I was happy to see tito finally make some serious money, he desrved it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sanskrit. Show sanskrit's posts

Jacobs has to go and so do the weak minded sheep who let themselves get conned year after year.

This team is going nowhere! The absolute best they can hope for is a fluke win in the first round. I dont even think this squad will make the playoffs this year, oh yeah did I mention the second highest prices in the NHL. It's a joke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Your ill-informed, liveing-in-the-past comments are the real joke. The B's are progressing nicely under Chiarelli's rebuilding program, that's all we can ask heading into his third season as GM. If you watch a few games, you might learn something about your team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sanskrit. Show sanskrit's posts

It is well known on this board that BruinsCountry is one of the biggest pom pom waving Bruins apologists there is, he rubber stamps every single move this organization makes. So to even listen to Bruins Country is a laughable thought.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[Quote]orrbest is a classic "sheep" or whatever term you want to use. He/she/it never looks at anything objectively, refuses to acknowledge any facts that puts his/hers precious Bruins in a negative light and attacks fans by calling them "haters" if they state facts he/she doesnt like or doesn't agree that the bruins are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The sad part about it is that orr doesn't see how foolish he/she is being by acting like a baby without its favorite binky. Sorry I had to put my two cents in after reading his constant belly aching in every single thread!

On the article itself it is extremely well written imo and backs things up with facts and what most "bruins lovers" (to phrase people like orr seems to love to do) what they can't get past is that there is alot more to this then just a salary cap number, that is much to simplistic rosey view of things. So much more areas need money, time and resources sunk into to build a real Cup contender and Jacobs is still cutting corners and nickle and diming and hurting the team.
    [/Quote]Can you please give the dollar figures and the areas the bruins are short changed in comparison to the rest of the leaque. FACTS ONLY PLEASE not heresay.