The cap can be managed!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: The cap can be managed!!!

The numbers will adjust, Seid may want more but if it is much he will not be able to be kept without removal of either Stuart or Ference or Hunwick or 2 of the 3 and using youth, Boych will be hard to be kept if he wants a huge jump, I can see him getting Hunw type money or going elsewhere.

It all comes down to what is PC EVALUATING and whom the bell will toll for.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

pc is always evaluating...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

There is also the possibility that there won't be a bonus cushion next season.  Unless the NHLPA extends the deal through 11-12, then the cushion should be gone.  Also if I'm understanding what you've put there you have Sturm out for the season.  He's due back sometime in November so you can't assume he's done.  Some of your other numbers are also debatable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good post No4. me thinks once Marco is declared healthy say in Nov/Dec he'll be bought out for the remainder of 2011 unless the bruins keep there unhealthy woes going. I agree with Sides if he wants more than say 3Mil forget it let him walk.

With the emergence of the Lone Wolf Me thinks Hunwick will be shipped. Adam will be the 7th Dman on the 128 shuffle perhaps. I see the caveman Stu @ somewhere around 2.25Mil (PC using Ference's deal as his marker for oft injured Dmen).

Manchuk I see at 1.5Mil-2.0Mil Range as his interest has gone up with maturity. Where the relief you'll also see for Manchuk n Sides as well is with TTs contract I'm convinced he's gone like Hunwick. If Doug Wilson is still around in San Jose good landing spot for Timmah with Nabakov doing his seive again between the pipes during the playoffs.

I think it will be Caron who will break camp with Sauve/Colborne sharpening there skills next year at the Dunk for the time being.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yes some of the numbers are debatable, when Sturm comes back then someone else gets dropped off as well. We don't know the exact cap for next year, it may be status quo. The same can be said for the bonus situation, we will see.

There will be changes to the D, what they will be we don't know, but it will be improbable that all of Seid, Stuart, Ference and Hunw are on the team next year, Boych and McQ are valid replacements and whether Bartkowski, Kampfer or Alexandrov fight for a spot will make a difference to the cap as well.

The same goes for the O, will Wheeler be signable and what youth can make the team all are questions that will not be answered before Sept and the draft is another consideration.

This just shows that we can keep our core players and if they are healthy as to what we witnessed last year, the rest can be tweaked. Sturm on the injury list helps because it will be a savings of a M+ for 60 days and that can be a big plus. We need Krej to be healthy to start, he was far from it last year to start.

PC is not going to do any wheeling and dealing it is not his way, come December his hand may be pushed, it is just a waiting and debating game now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

On TT it is far too early to ship him as Rask was not as strong in the Philly round and he will be needed. He has a lot of game left and as his past has shown never count him out. His cap may seem high but PC signed him and his pride won't let him give up on him this early and his salary will be more bearable mid season to those in the need if a cap dump is required.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: The cap can be managed!!!:
    Good post No4. me thinks once Marco is declared healthy say in Nov/Dec he'll be bought out for the remainder of 2011 unless the bruins keep there unhealthy woes going. I agree with Sides if he wants more than say 3Mil forget it let him walk. With the emergence of the Lone Wolf Me thinks Hunwick will be shipped. Adam will be the 7th Dman on the 128 shuffle perhaps. I see the caveman Stu @ somewhere around 2.25Mil (PC using Ference's deal as his marker for oft injured Dmen). Manchuk I see at 1.5Mil-2.0Mil Range as his interest has gone up with maturity. Where the relief you'll also see for Manchuk n Sides as well is with TTs contract I'm convinced he's gone like Hunwick. If Doug Wilson is still around in San Jose good landing spot for Timmah with Nabakov doing his seive again between the pipes during the playoffs. I think it will be Caron who will break camp with Sauve/Colborne sharpening there skills next year at the Dunk for the time being.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

You can only buy players out during a period in the off season.  Since Sturm will not be healthy you cannot buy him out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Everyone on thomas is forgetting he only goes if he agrees ot it. I also think we should hang onto him for at least until the trade deadline. Maybe he plays well his value goes up and if tuukka doesn't have a sophmore slumpn then would be the right time to see if he would agree to a trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Sturm is not getting bought out....you dont do that too players, he finishes out the season hopefully pots in 20 goals like he usually does and then moves on after the season

or when he is healthy to return, maybe they explore trading him, not too sure teams look to trade for players coming off knee injuries but if the Bruins replaced his cap number then they might have to look in that direction

Sections
Shortcuts