The Cup Will go to Detroit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robert72. Show Robert72's posts

Re: Where are all the Carolina Inbred Trolls?

[QUOTE]Olsonic and Bigvig,  It's regretable that you had such bad experiences in the south.....I'm wondering when that was.   Twenty-thirty years ago is not the same as now, for sure.  I've lived here quite a while and only heard the N-word a few times.  Heard it a lot more growing up in New Jersey, not far from NYC.   Charleston, SC, where I live, voted a majority for Obama (mm71 please note). We do read about clan rallies and cross burnings once in a great while-- but that is a tiny minority, you can be sure.  Last year there was a cross burnt on an African-American's front yard and the two teens who did it were promptly arrested.  They thought it was a prank and did not realize the seriousness of what they did.   We do have a lot of Confererate Re-enactors, where they dress up in the old military garb and fight mock battles.  But those people are interested in the history, and why shouldn't they be?  Charleston, SC, is heavy with history-- a city as old as Boston, in fact.   Like the Raleigh area is described above in mm71's excellent post, Charleston is a sophisiticated, cultured place....and also a lovely old city.  It does gall me when people from the north act like they are the only intelligent beings in the country, disparaging and scolding the rest.   
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

I also live in Charleston SC, good to see other Bruins fans down here. I am originaly from up north but was stationed down here. I agree with what you said. Also to all other posters, there is racism down here, just like there is up north. But rasim is not just white to black, but also black to white. It comes from all over. I had my initial misconceptions about coming to live in the south but my views have been changed. Just like the north they have a different history and they embrace it. Like Confederate flags down here are not about slavery and all the uglyness they are about their history and culture. Of course i would never have one but thats just b/c its not part of my culture.And on a side note it has nothing to do with who voted for the president, if you did not vote for Obama that does not make you a racist it makes you someone who didnt beleive in the policies that he supported. I am not trying to start a politial discussion just trying to get another side out. The most important thing is the BRUINS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

they are not carolina trolls they are jealous canadian bruins haters from medicine cap or moose jowl or other northern outposts where they drinks moonshine who are mad that the USA takes the Cup every year now lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpothegreat. Show Harpothegreat's posts

We do have plenty of flat headed racists etc. here in the South but I have spent enough time in the North to know we don't have  a monopoly on it.  Anyway, back to hockey, I hate to ruin the party at the Garden tonight but we didn't come this far to lose in game 7.  We won't be satisfied just to get this far.  We want the Cup back.  That being said, Boston is better than we are.  Bigger and stronger and at least as skilled. Watching the Bruins is awesome when they are on but tonight, Wardo steals one.  He is due.  Tonight we don't get so anxious to start a rush that we make those turnovers in front of him.  My prediction, 2-1 Hurricanes in regulation.  But if I am wrong, and we lose, (oh my God, no!!) its been a great series and good luck to the Bruins. I will be cheering for you to bring the Cup back to the East where it belongs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE] Listen, Ive been going to the Carolinas and Florida for 30 years.  My buddy who lives in Charleston just moved there 2 years ago and Ive been down 3 times.  Yes, its a nice city and Im not saying everyone is inbred or racist, but I see more confederate flags than Old Glories down there, and its NOT because those people are into re-enactments, its because of what it stands for, which is racism. As for Ayden being in the boonies, maybe it is, I dont know, but its close to Greenville and Raleigh.  Racism is RAMPANT there.  I havent been once 20 years ago, I spend weeks every year in these areas.  Yes, racism is everywhere, but but FAR its more wide spread in the south.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

OK, Bigvig, I did a little research today.  While making seafood deliveries I counted the kinds of flags around on houses, buildings, bumper stickers , etc.  I saw 19 American flags, 5 SC State flags, 2 pinapple flags (a symbol of hospitality), 2 I couldn't decipher, one storm warning flag, and NO Confedeerate flags.  I even drove by a bikers' bar, where confederate flags would be expected.  None.  Granted, I couldn't see the front and back of every bike, but none were visible. 

I respect your opinions and know that you give thouht to what you write, but I just want to testify that confederate flags are not flapping all over the place, at least not in this part of the south. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]OK, Bigvig, I did a little research today.  While making seafood deliveries I counted the kinds of flags around on houses, buildings, bumper stickers , etc.  I saw 19 American flags, 5 SC State flags, 2 pinapple flags (a symbol of hospitality), 2 I couldn't decipher, one storm warning flag, and NO Confedeerate flags.  I even drove by a bikers' bar, where confederate flags would be expected.  None.  G[/QUOTE]

Nice work CaronlinaClamMan :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Thats great, maybe things have changed since last month when I was down there, but its funny, when Im in the south I notice them everywhere.  Maybe its that they stick out to me since I dont see any up here.

Just out of curiosity, why would they be more accepted by bikers?  Im a biker myself, Im not a racist.  Anyway.....back to hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I haven't done any research but, I'm quite sure there are no players on the Carolina Hurricanes born in the south.

I am also relatively sure that no Bruins were born in New England.

Brian Pothier , who plays for the Caps and previously the Sens grew up about 5 minutes from where I grew up (a number of years later). I follow his progress because he is kind of a hometown hero around here. You don't see many athletes make it to the pros from New Bedford , Ma. It wouldn't matter to me whether he was black, white or purple.

The point is isn't it great that people in the south are hockey fans at all , considering how few southern players or even U.S.A. players there are.We need as many fans as we can get to keep this sport growing. 

So all you Southern people , (this may be a little late but,) welcome the party!  Ain't the Stanley Cup Playoffs great?

You'll never hear me poke fun at the south. Without the south we never would have had Lynyrd Skynyrd!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skelton42. Show Skelton42's posts

Conventional wisdom states that the team to win a best of seven series is the better team.   While the Bruins were arguably the deeper team and more dangerous team, remarkably enough it was the Hurricanes that prevailed in game 7.

The other overtime game in this series was Game 3.  By many accounts, the Bruins were fortunate to take the game into overtime.  With that said, I feel Game 7 was the most evenly played game of the series. 

With Carolina showing up to games 5 and 6 like they were  a “Sunday Skate” I was very concerned going into Game 7.  Even with a 3-1 advantage, I urged caution as the Bruins were a team to be respected and even feared.

As I write this I can still feel the residual adrenaline in my system from doing my best to will the Hurricanes to victory.  As hard as the ‘Canes hustled and fought their way to this Game 7 win I can’t help but feel the Hockey Gods blessed them with a little luck as well.  Of course, that only reminds me of a Mike Commodore quote from the 2006 Cup run:  “Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.”

Hell of a series.   Wooooooooooooooooooo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

How many World series, superbowls, and NBA championships have the raleigh dunham rednecks won? If it weren't for hartford having a sucky arena and so on, you rednecks would still be chummin' and noodling...is catching fish with your hands a sport?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Cangrats to the much better Hurricanes. You are not beating the Penguins and the Bruins series might have brought more viewers. As it stands now, hockey is just above soccer and behind NASCAR. Hopefully, hockey dies a quick death.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE] That said, that retarded yahooooooo scream doesn't help the negative stereotyping... 
    Posted by GABees[/QUOTE]

Don't the Bruins play a sound byte from Ric Flair after they announce goals at the Garden? This would be, of course, the same Ric Flair who is a resident of North Carolina, and his WOOOOOOOO! is repeated by 15,000 Bruins fans every time it's played.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidnraleigh. Show davidnraleigh's posts

[QUOTE]How many World series, superbowls, and NBA championships have the raleigh dunham rednecks won?
    Posted by THEGREATgymrat36[/QUOTE]

Now there is a provacative challenge that really gets my goat (not), especially since Ral-Dur has never had a major league franchise in those sports.  So, with such a juvenile and obviously jealous rant that doesn't deserve any further commentary, may I simply bring the discussion back to a more appropriate context for a HOCKEY fan forum by asking thegreat(questionable)gymrat36 how many Stanley Cups have the beantown Bruins won this decade, or maybe the last four decades?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidnraleigh. Show davidnraleigh's posts

Congratulations to all the civil, decent Bruins fans and your team for a great season that resulted in the Bruins being the overall regular season best team in hockey, at least in the East.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: The Cup Will go to Detroit

Cup to Crosby, the best player in the NHL by Far!

Greatest Of All Time!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4prez. Show orr4prez's posts

Re: The Cup Will go to Detroit

Correct me if I'm wrong Olsonic, but isn't voting for Obama BECAUSE he is black just as racist as not voting for him because he's black?  HMMMM?

Back to hockey now: Anybody know what significant signings management has to make this off season to keep this team together? I'm pretty sure Fernandez is gone. Anybody else?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Re: Where are all the Carolina Imbred Trolls?

[QUOTE]Actually , I don't recall any Hurricane trolls on these boards. The one Hurricane's fan I saw post here , was a real good fan with nothing bad to say. Most of the negative folks here are disgruntled Bruins bandwagon jumpers or Montreal trolls. Coachparker, epavao, camconner,Boonie and Imafan among others. They only show up when the Bruins are playing poorly to let us know they think we are sheep.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

There was one guy, CanesPing, who was a real @$$hole

Sections
Shortcuts