The Cup Will go to Detroit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

The Cup Will go to Detroit

Bruins Were The Better Team...    just didn't finish... 
    LOVE THE TEAM - IT'S CHARACTER... THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT! 

Carolina will lose to the Pens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

Re: Where are all the Carolina Imbred Trolls?

haha they'll just move on to NASCAR after thursday...but fyi, if you're gonna clown on the hick carolina fans at least spell "inbred" right

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Good catch - my bad.  I goofed and I have a full set of chromosomes!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Actually , I don't recall any Hurricane trolls on these boards.

The one Hurricane's fan I saw post here , was a real good fan with nothing bad to say.

Most of the negative folks here are disgruntled Bruins bandwagon jumpers or Montreal trolls. Coachparker, epavao, camconner,Boonie and Imafan among others.

They only show up when the Bruins are playing poorly to let us know they think we are sheep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Where are all the Carolina Inbred Trolls?

Yup, i've read some good posts from Canes fans.

I think the OP is projecting some of his hatred for Habs trolls indirectly.

I honestly like the Hurricanes in Carolina. I support any team that has passionate fans. It is good for hockey and good for the NHL to have a town so interested in hockey. I think it is awesome that they tailgate before hockey games. My favorite aspect of football games melted into my favorite sport? Man I wish we could do that in Boston. Of all the recent expansion teams (exluding the Wild), you can't say enough of the Hurricanes.

They fill that place and have a genuine interest in their team. Can't say that for the coyotes, the thrashers, the predators, the panthers. I mean, those teams should just fold. Terrible fans, terrible teams, empty buildings.

The hurricanes are a team I would root for if the Bruins weren't in it. Underdogs, good fans, proven veterans, and no arrogant superstars (crosby).

**disclaimer** if the Bruins dont win, i would love to see Ovechkin hoist the cup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Yup, i've read some good posts from Canes fans. I think the OP is projecting some of his hatred for Habs trolls indirectly. I honestly like the Hurricanes in Carolina. I support any team that has passionate fans. It is good for hockey and good for the NHL to have a town so interested in hockey. I think it is awesome that they tailgate before hockey games. My favorite aspect of football games melted into my favorite sport? Man I wish we could do that in Boston. Of all the recent expansion teams (exluding the Wild), you can't say enough of the Hurricanes. They fill that place and have a genuine interest in their team. Can't say that for the coyotes, the thrashers, the predators, the panthers. I mean, those teams should just fold. Terrible fans, terrible teams, empty buildings. The hurricanes are a team I would root for if the Bruins weren't in it. Underdogs, good fans, proven veterans, and no arrogant superstars (crosby). **disclaimer** if the Bruins dont win, i would love to see Ovechkin hoist the cup.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the cheerleaders have anything to do with the success they have had filling the building.

I have to say this is the first time I can remember seeing cheerleaders for an NHL team. Can we get some?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

The hurricanes are a team I would root for if the Bruins weren't in it. Underdogs, good fans, proven veterans, and no arrogant superstars (crosby). Posted by Olsonic

Was with you up till the last piece........no arrogant superstars. Staal comes across to me as a bit arrogant. Most telling is when he scores. He raises his arms and looks to the sky with a look on his face like he's a Roman Emperor!! Me thinks he's a bit arrogant. Hopefully we don't see that again in this series.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Look here, GA Bees and grego-- I'm getting a bit tired of all this Carolina culture bashing.  I live in South Carolina and I can tell you that there are a lot more intelligent, upright, productive, interesting people down here than the hicks you deride.  In fact, when I lived in Massachusetts (north shore, Cape Ann), I encountered just as many or more hicks.  And what's so wrong with a hick anyway?  Most of the poorer underclass here are quite resourceful and thoughtful with plenty of homespun smarts.  In my business, commercial fishing,  there are a bunch of them, and they can fix anything, figure out how to do whatever is needed, survive in all kinds of difficult situations (including economic).  So, since you guys seem to think you are some kind of elite personages, why don't you indulge in a little honest reflection and realize that NO ONE is superior, especially not because of where they happen to live.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I lived in Myrtle beach for a summer and I was appauled by the overwhelming amount of stupidity. I would meet a smart person now and then, but it was always after I had weaved through a handful of creationists, a racist hick and someone trying to fight me. Whats worse is it seemed these people were always at my tables drinking a half-dozen "sweat-tea's" and leaving a 5% tip.

But that doesn't make them bad hockey fans which is what i'm trying to say. The one thing that I really liked about the south, is they seemed to be passionate about some things that I could care less about. NASCAR, golf, god, Dick Cheney.

But the fact that they also seem to enjoy hockey is one of their better qualities in my opinion, and it endears Carolina to me. I respect their differences and I know that while it isn't the way I choose to live, this is a free country and im glad we aren't all the same.

**Disclaimer** I know that not everyone in the south is a hick I know i am not an authority on who is smart and who is not. I understand this is just my opinion, and I understand that you disagree CarolinaClamMan. I respect your opinion.**

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

[QUOTE]Look here, GA Bees and grego-- I'm getting a bit tired of all this Carolina culture bashing.  I live in South Carolina and I can tell you that there are a lot more intelligent, upright, productive, interesting people down here than the hicks you deride.  In fact, when I lived in Massachusetts (north shore, Cape Ann), I encountered just as many or more hicks.  And what's so wrong with a hick anyway?  Most of the poorer underclass here are quite resourceful and thoughtful with plenty of homespun smarts.  In my business, commercial fishing,  there are a bunch of them, and they can fix anything, figure out how to do whatever is needed, survive in all kinds of difficult situations (including economic).  So, since you guys seem to think you are some kind of elite personages, why don't you indulge in a little honest reflection and realize that NO ONE is superior, especially not because of where they happen to live.   
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure there are some of you who are decent, intelligent people... but painting with broad strokes.... y'all ain't known fer yer brainpower...   It is what it is... get over it.   AND YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU TROLLS ANTAGONIZED US... WE'RE JUST RESPONDING.   If you came on to our site talking about hockey from your perspective with some degree of respect and decency, we wouldn't be responding with these attacks....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I agree with most everything thats been said, so I wont repeat it all, just the parts I really agree or disagree with:

Staal comes across as far more arrogant than just about anyone else in the league.  The faces he makes after he scores or gets scored on tell it all.  Last night there was a shot of him after a Bruins goal and he looked like a little kid about to cry, as he skated off swearing.  I dont know if its arrogance or immaturity, but he has it.  I wonder if stuff like that happens when you have a run in with the law and get out of it because of who you are.  Who knows.

As far as Carolina being inbreds....I cant lump them all together, but my buddy lives in Charleston, South Carolina - my cousin in Ayden, NC and Ive been to both places many times.  It IS like that in the places Ive been down there.  Unreal racism with every other vehicle sporting the confederate flag, people speaking some sort of language I dont understand and EVERYONE using the "N" word.  We were at a fair outside of my cousins place in some other town close by that was 90% black and my cousin rushed us all to the car and we took off because a clan rally was coming through.  It was on the news that night and it turned into a riot/fight and MANY people were injured and arrested.  Its a joke in the areas of the Carolinas Ive been to.  Same in Florida where I have 2 uncles, one in St. Augustine and the other in Jacksonville.  I have no respect for the south in general since the things Ive been exposed to in and from the south have all been bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with most everything thats been said, so I wont repeat it all, just the parts I really agree or disagree with: Staal comes across as far more arrogant than just about anyone else in the league.  The faces he makes after he scores or gets scored on tell it all.  Last night there was a shot of him after a Bruins goal and he looked like a little kid about to cry, as he skated off swearing.  I dont know if its arrogance or immaturity, but he has it.  I wonder if stuff like that happens when you have a run in with the law and get out of it because of who you are.  Who knows. As far as Carolina being inbreds....I cant lump them all together, but my buddy lives in Charleston, South Carolina - my cousin in Ayden, NC and Ive been to both places many times.  It IS like that in the places Ive been down there.  Unreal racism with every other vehicle sporting the confederate flag, people speaking some sort of language I dont understand and EVERYONE using the "N" word.  We were at a fair outside of my cousins place in some other town close by that was 90% black and my cousin rushed us all to the car and we took off because a clan rally was coming through.  It was on the news that night and it turned into a riot/fight and MANY people were injured and arrested.  Its a joke in the areas of the Carolinas Ive been to.  Same in Florida where I have 2 uncles, one in St. Augustine and the other in Jacksonville.  I have no respect for the south in general since the things Ive been exposed to in and from the south have all been bad.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Oh my god, I had no idea it is actually still like this in parts of the US! I live in Canada. I thought everyone was just joking on here, I didn't think that that type of racism and hillbillyism still go on. Shame on them for such reprehensible behavior. These people need to move into the 21st century. That kind of racism is just awful (and I'm white, for the record). Given all of this, I say Canes fans are a bunch of sh1t eating vermin. Stomp them in Game 7. GO BRUINS!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Racism is alive and well in many parts of the US.  MANY!!!!  Up here in Maine there is a weird type of racism from not being exposed to blacks.  People point out blacks, use the word "coloreds", etc.  Its odd, because they arent against blacks, they are just not exposed to them or anyone else who isnt white or Native American.

And on that note, we have major sports teams here named the "Redskins" and the "Indians".  Last I knew, I wasnt Indian, I was Native American.  When they were looking for a route to India and found the US, they called us "Indians" because they thought thats where they were.  Somehow its ok to have the Washington Redskins, but Id bet my life there would NEVER be a team called the Bronx Blackies.  Its a joke here, still, after all these years.  HeII, only 50 years ago it was illegal for blacks to marry whites in some states.  Those people and thoughts are still alive and well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Racism is alive and well all accross the world.....

Anson Carter had banana's thrown at him while playing hockey in Russia. It isn't just the U.S.

I went and tried to encourage people to get out and vote, and even in the Noble North i'm shocked by how many people wouldn't vote for Barack because he was black.

and I have bad news for you BruinsFaninOntario, theres probably racists people within a half mile of where you live too.

I agree that it is awful though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

I agree with others here - it's alive and well (unfortunately) all over the world. I used stereotypes (inbreeding and racism) to taunt the Cane trolls - that's all.  I certainly do not believe that these horrible traits exist solely in the south....   That said, that retarded yahooooooo scream doesn't help the negative stereotyping... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, I dont get the Tarzan yell either.  Is there a story that goes along with it, or do they just think its cool?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm71. Show mm71's posts

You guys are the stereotypical ones, thinking that all Southerners are stupid,racist,etc. I live in Raleigh NC -not Charleston SC or Ayden,NC which is in the boonies for Christ's sake...we have a very diverse and very educated area-about 80% of the people who live in this area called the Triangle have college degrees. There are lots of very high paying computer and research jobs as well as large medical centers. The Hurricane fans are very devoted to our team. Yes we are newbies and will never get the respect of the original six franchises-we get that. However,we do have an educated fan base-we do not have jumbotron announcements telling us what icing and interference are-we know! If it makes you feel better to call us ignorant go ahead, but it makes you the ignorant one. Maybe you should actually visit the area you are trashing, before you spout your wisdom. I was born and raised in NC, but have grown to love hockey and am a seaon ticket holder for the Canes. This can only help the sport and I was glad to see a post acknowledging that...Since the Hurricanes came here we have all sorts of youth hockey leagues with great teams that travel all over the country and Canada..we are growing a hockey culture here...it hasn't happened overnight, but we love the sport..and it's here to stay. I would expect all of you great "hockey towns" to at least respect that....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]we do not have jumbotron announcements telling us what icing and interference are-we know!
    Posted by mm71[/QUOTE]

I LOLd IRL on that one.

Point made.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]Oh I'm sure there are some of you who are decent, intelligent people... but painting with broad strokes.... y'all ain't known fer yer brainpower...   It is what it is... get over it.   AND YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU TROLLS ANTAGONIZED US... WE'RE JUST RESPONDING.   If you came on to our site talking about hockey from your perspective with some degree of respect and decency, we wouldn't be responding with these attacks....
    Posted by GABees[/QUOTE]

Hey, I was a Bruins fan when you were messing your diaper....or maybe you still are.  So get off the otiose "troll" name calling. 

Actually, there have been few or no trolls from Carolina on these forums.  Plenty from Habs land, and some of them slopped over into this series, because they have nothing better to think about now that they are DONE!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Olsonic and Bigvig,  It's regretable that you had such bad experiences in the south.....I'm wondering when that was.   Twenty-thirty years ago is not the same as now, for sure.  I've lived here quite a while and only heard the N-word a few times.  Heard it a lot more growing up in New Jersey, not far from NYC.  

Charleston, SC, where I live, voted a majority for Obama (mm71 please note).

We do read about clan rallies and cross burnings once in a great while-- but that is a tiny minority, you can be sure.  Last year there was a cross burnt on an African-American's front yard and the two teens who did it were promptly arrested.  They thought it was a prank and did not realize the seriousness of what they did.  

We do have a lot of Confererate Re-enactors, where they dress up in the old military garb and fight mock battles.  But those people are interested in the history, and why shouldn't they be?  Charleston, SC, is heavy with history-- a city as old as Boston, in fact.  

Like the Raleigh area is described above in mm71's excellent post, Charleston is a sophisiticated, cultured place....and also a lovely old city.  It does gall me when people from the north act like they are the only intelligent beings in the country, disparaging and scolding the rest.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

You know what Carolina, you're probably right.

I lived in myrtle beach like 3 years ago, and it was a pretty isolated environment. Lots of tourists. My lab-mate is also from South Carolina and is literally one of the smartest people I know so go figure. I told him my myrtle beach experience a while ago and he said just what you did.

Me and my friend brian lived with the biggest ignoramus this side of the mississippi. I am probably just got unlucky with my roomate choice, because all of his friends were the same way. Birds of a feather.....

That was the worst summer of my life though. But I'll take your word for it because you, coupled with my friend witold, are evidence to the contrary of what I semi-believe.

I don't hold my distaste of southerns to close to my heart.
    I suppose i'll let it go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]Racism is alive and well in many parts of the US.  MANY!!!!  Up here in Maine there is a weird type of racism from not being exposed to blacks.  People point out blacks, use the word "coloreds", etc.  Its odd, because they arent against blacks, they are just not exposed to them or anyone else who isnt white or Native American. And on that note, we have major sports teams here named the "Redskins" and the "Indians".  Last I knew, I wasnt Indian, I was Native American.  When they were looking for a route to India and found the US, they called us "Indians" because they thought thats where they were.  Somehow its ok to have the Washington Redskins, but Id bet my life there would NEVER be a team called the Bronx Blackies.  Its a joke here, still, after all these years.  HeII, only 50 years ago it was illegal for blacks to marry whites in some states.  Those people and thoughts are still alive and well.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Bigvig, Is the Cleveland Indian's logo especially offensive to you?  That stupid little Indian cartoon? 

I guess you are not a "native American" either, because the name America was derived from the Spanish explorer. It would seem that the real original tribal name is the most appropriate. 

I wonder, are the thousands of "Indian" names used for cities, rivers, and states offensive?  Or is this heartening to someone of your heritage?

Kind of off the subject of hockey...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

We arent "Indians", we are Native Americans.  I have the blood of 4 different tribes in me that make up 90% of my heritage.  The "Indians" logo is more of a joke to me, not offensive, but the Redskins is VERY offensive.  Would ANYONE other than racists stand for a team named the Blackies?  Yes or No?

As for Native American names on rivers, cities, etc., no, thats not offensive and I dont know how it could be construed as such.  It SHOULD be that way, as my people lived here for the last 10,000 years.  For the white government to keep our waters, mountains, etc., the names my people gave them is the way it should be after all of the "stuff" they pulled over the years.

However, in Maine we had a mountain named "Squaw" Mountain.  It was fought over for years that it be changed and it finally was, because that is not a word I was allowed to say when I was growing up and it was named that by white people, not my people.  There is a difference between that and the Penobscot River here, named for and by the Penobscots, one of the tribes of which I am part of.

Listen, Ive been going to the Carolinas and Florida for 30 years.  My buddy who lives in Charleston just moved there 2 years ago and Ive been down 3 times.  Yes, its a nice city and Im not saying everyone is inbred or racist, but I see more confederate flags than Old Glories down there, and its NOT because those people are into re-enactments, its because of what it stands for, which is racism.

As for Ayden being in the boonies, maybe it is, I dont know, but its close to Greenville and Raleigh.  Racism is RAMPANT there.  I havent been once 20 years ago, I spend weeks every year in these areas. 

Yes, racism is everywhere, but but FAR its more wide spread in the south.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]Oh my god, I had no idea it is actually still like this in parts of the US! I live in Canada. I thought everyone was just joking on here, I didn't think that that type of racism and hillbillyism still go on. Shame on them for such reprehensible behavior. These people need to move into the 21st century. That kind of racism is just awful (and I'm white, for the record). Given all of this, I say Canes fans are a bunch of sh1t eating vermin. Stomp them in Game 7. GO BRUINS!!!
    Posted by BruinsFaninOntario[/QUOTE]
    I've lived in Montreal...what do you call the language laws and other unconstitutional behavior of the French majority in Quebec viz a viz its English and other minorities? to quote you from above, "shame on them for such reprehensible behavior."