The De-parted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

The De-parted

Who are you going to miss the most of all the departures? Ax, Manny, Wardo Monty or the Sheriff? Personally I am actually going to miss Hnidy. This guy was a consumate team-mate. He never complained, rode the pine when he had to & was ready when needed. Let's be honest he was not a core player but this guy stepped up for his teamamtes & always answered the bell.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Re: The De-parted

I'll miss PJ for sure.  I'll miss Manny just because now there's no one left for me to complain about.  Any game he'd start, my wife would make a killing on the swear jar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

honesty I will miss the first half manny, he was the best goaltender in the first half, and showed us what a real tandem can do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

No really important players are missing
    We will really miss Kreji and maybe Kessell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: The De-parted:
    [QUOTE]honesty I will miss the first half manny, he was the best goaltender in the first half, and showed us what a real tandem can do.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]At what point was he the best? Thomas lead in all catorgories from November on. While Fournandez had a good start he was far from great. At no point in the first half did he play as many minutes or face as many shots as Thomas. You over rated this guy. Truth is no defensive system could keep him from being mediocre as he proved in the second half when the games really mattered. Thomas won 11 straight including the end of the reg season and the start of the playoffs. Where was Fournandez? On the bench where he belonged and I for one am glad to see that bum gone for good. I will miss the steady veteran leadership of Yelle far more then the 4 million dollar backup!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Good call, forgot about old yeller, he put Lang out for the season with the skate blade

n Response to Re: The De-parted:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The De-parted : At what point was he the best? Thomas lead in all catorgories from November on. While Fournandez had a good start he was far from great. At no point in the first half did he play as many minutes or face as many shots as Thomas. You over rated this guy. Truth is no defensive system could keep him from being mediocre as he proved in the second half when the games really mattered. Thomas won 11 straight including the end of the reg season and the start of the playoffs. Where was Fournandez? On the bench where he belonged and I for one am glad to see that bum gone for good. I will miss the steady veteran leadership of Yelle far more then the 4 million dollar backup!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The De-parted : At what point was he the best? Thomas lead in all catorgories from November on. While Fournandez had a good start he was far from great. At no point in the first half did he play as many minutes or face as many shots as Thomas. You over rated this guy. Truth is no defensive system could keep him from being mediocre as he proved in the second half when the games really mattered. Thomas won 11 straight including the end of the reg season and the start of the playoffs. Where was Fournandez? On the bench where he belonged and I for one am glad to see that bum gone for good. I will miss the steady veteran leadership of Yelle far more then the 4 million dollar backup!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]

pretty simple what happened, he was great (at the all star break i believe he led the league in either save percentage or goals against, I know at one point he and Thomas took the top 2 slots in both stats) and then he got hurt, and couldn't recover and was awful....no?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@ notacryingwino Umm was that Fournandez as in her , oops I mean his, GAA after December ? or everybody getting out of the way when Manny steps towards the tee box ? That NBC nationally televised sunday game against the Rangers last spring was an awful pitiful performace by Fournandez.

I am in full agreement with the starter of this thread soups-7! I know Hnidy looked slow at times not the best skater but loved his tough gritty edge and he threw his gloves off when needed. I will miss "The Sherrif" fo sho! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I will really miss Axe, having watched him for all these years..  remembering the best checking line ever of Axelsson, Tim Taylor and Rob Demio (sp.?).  Axe made so many amazing plays over the years, intercepting and sweep-poke checking, perfect timing...and yes scoring some goals earlier.  He was a real clutch man, there for the late third period when we were up by one, never the stupid move, or bad penalty.  Just too bad he got put in untenable positions last year, PP and first line, where he looked bad.  Yup, I'll really miss my man PJ.

Good question, thanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The De-parted : pretty simple what happened, he was great (at the all star break i believe he led the league in either save percentage or goals against, I know at one point he and Thomas took the top 2 slots in both stats) and then he got hurt, and couldn't recover and was awful....no?
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

This is true. When Fernandez was healthy he and Thomas were a remarkable pair. Fernandez played terrible later in the season and that appears to have influenced some fans' recollections.

I'm hopeful that Tuukka can be the stud he's capable of being and play a significant number of games, because Thomas is much, much better when he gets proper rest.

As for missing, I'll miss P.J. terribly. I really, really wish he could have won a Cup with the Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

PJ, if for nothing other than the memory of times when he and Brian Rolston were on the same PK unit.  It seemed like they would get a break-away nearly every time they were on the ice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

WARDO

Who's gonna keep Looch in line during the playoffs? Who's gonna play his role in the locker room? For those of you who know what I'm talking about and remember Wardo's role in the first round: Grieve with me.

It's hard to miss Manny, though he was the shiite for half of last season, because he said long before the playoffs that he and his family decided that might be his last season. He also said he was happy to retire.

It's nice that Manny went out with a bang though, taking the award with Timmy, which Manny most certainly earned.

It was also Axe's time and he knew it, not because he wasn't still a good player, but in light of all the new talent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackngold10. Show blackngold10's posts

Bruins unite- i'll grieve with you...i'm a ward fan.

I'm going to miss PJ just because he's a veteran. It's always good to have an older guy on the tem to keep people in check. I feel like without PJ and Ward, they are going to lack that maturity in the locker room.

Also, I'm a fan of "The Sheriff". I mean come on, he was always entertaining and you have to admitt that when he was needed he stepped it up and brought his game.

As for Manny...
    if you were ever in section 306 when they announced he was starting..
    you know, no one likes him.

uuhhh... candienfan- krejci got signed... we wont need miss him.