The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you?

Only 6 goals allowed in his last 5 starts !

Anti-Thomas are rather quiet these days!

Timmy and Rask ! Ouch ! What a Duo !!!!!

Go Bruins !

Imagine when Savard and Lucic will be back!

We have a great team !

Florida : win by 3 goals
    Pittsburgh : Overtime or shootout win

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Re: The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you?

I guess the flavor of the month seems to be Wideman....hahaha....don't worry, the Thomas haters will be back soon enough....unfortunately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from closetightly. Show closetightly's posts

No one doubts Thomas is a good regular season goaltender, it is the playoffs that we question hence the horrendous rebound in Game 7 last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Series ending overtime goals usually end with "on edge unlikely goal" I did not blame Thomas I blame the defense that became a petrified forest in that series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

here i am!! I look for consistency in a goaltender, and although thomas has a flair for the dramatic, he does let in soft goals that can be back breakers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

here i be too!! im just not fond of thomas,s helter skelter game....he makes the whole team work harder with his rebound control & flopping around....watch how many times off a rebound the b,s will get pinned in their zone with pressure....... look carefully next game when the opponent have the b,s running around & 90% of the time it will be from a thomas rebound left unattended....im not a great statman,maybe d-46 can help me out,whats the difference in goals scored FOR (not against) between rask & thomas....i love to see the energy on the offensive end then always used up guarding there net....its a fun effortless energy compared to a frustrating,exhausting energy.....thomas gets the job done with great flair & stats, his style is not teammate friendly   LOOK carefully next game & maybe "youll be a detractor too!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

ou got it pucman. The goalie very very rarely steal a game when the B's are playing poorly. When the "D" is bad so is Thomas. You figure it out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you?:
    [QUOTE]here i am!! I look for consistency in a goaltender, and although thomas has a flair for the dramatic, he does let in soft goals that can be back breakers
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]Consistancy is a .933 save%, a 2.13 G.A.A leading the league for a whole season and winning the Vezina as the NHL`s best goaltender. This year Thomas leads Rask in both catorgories despite playing more games, also leads Rask in shutouts.We should be proud to have such a fantastic goaltending duo stop whining because both goalies give the Bruins a chance to win night in and night out and most likely will win the Jennings as Rask is far superior to Fournandez this year. I look for a goalie that stops pucks and Thomas is among the best in the buisness. Now Krejci is the model of incosistancy. While playing on the third line against the other teams third best defensive pairings and third best forwards last year, he had a decent season last year. This year when asked and needing to step up his game he simply failed with a capitol F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you? : Consistancy is a .933 save%, a 2.13 G.A.A leading the league for a whole season and winning the Vezina as the NHL`s best goaltender. This year Thomas leads Rask in both catorgories despite playing more games, also leads Rask in shutouts.We should be proud to have such a fantastic goaltending duo stop whining because both goalies give the Bruins a chance to win night in and night out and most likely will win the Jennings as Rask is far superior to Fournandez this year. I look for a goalie that stops pucks and Thomas is among the best in the buisness. Now Krejci is the model of incosistancy. While playing on the third line against the other teams third best defensive pairings and third best forwards last year, he had a decent season last year. This year when asked and needing to step up his game he simply failed with a capitol F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]

Ok, #1, I wouldn't say that Thomas is the best in the business. There are a handful of goalies I would rather have over him. He had a Vezina year last year and that was great, but you can be great and a Vezina winner for one year and pretty much stink for the rest of your career (see: Jose Theodore).

Let's face it, the guy lets up soft goals. It's a proven fact. We've all witnessed it at least some point this year (the game in mind is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember) and it has cause the team to lose some games they shouldn't have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you? : Ok, #1, I wouldn't say that Thomas is the best in the business. There are a handful of goalies I would rather have over him. He had a Vezina year last year and that was great, but you can be great and a Vezina winner for one year and pretty much stink for the rest of your career (see: Jose Theodore). Let's face it, the guy lets up soft goals. It's a proven fact. We've all witnessed it at least some point this year (the game in mind is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember) and it has cause the team to lose some games they shouldn't have.
    Posted by Pezell04x[/QUOTE]
    Ok # 1 You dont know more then the GM`S that voted Thomas the best goalie. # 2 every goalie lets in a soft goal thats a proven fact including a few on Rask glove side this season. #3. Thomas has stolen games with 2 shutouts and a player of the game in Ottawa. #4 5 goals in 6 games is as good as it gets.#5. Thomas has not been a one year wonder and has the stats to prove it since joining the Bruins. So your arguments have zero facts and only opinions which makes them meaningless!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]here i be too!! im just not fond of thomas,s helter skelter game....he makes the whole team work harder with his rebound control & flopping around....watch how many times off a rebound the b,s will get pinned in their zone with pressure....... look carefully next game when the opponent have the b,s running around & 90% of the time it will be from a thomas rebound left unattended....im not a great statman,maybe d-46 can help me out,whats the difference in goals scored FOR (not against) between rask & thomas....i love to see the energy on the offensive end then always used up guarding there net....its a fun effortless energy compared to a frustrating,exhausting energy.....thomas gets the job done with great flair & stats, his style is not teammate friendly   LOOK carefully next game & maybe "youll be a detractor too!"
    Posted by pucman[/QUOTE]

With Thomas playing the majority of games last year, the bruins led the league in scoring, and had more 20 + goal scorers than any other team. So I guess they weren't all that "frustrating exhausted" last year.
       I have to laugh at you Thomas haters.You not only blame him when the inept defense on this team cannot clear a rebound, now it's his fault when the forewards are in a scoring slump.
       Next time you go to a bruins' game, and end up with a cold hot dog or a stale beer, keep your eye on TT, I'm sure he was somehow the cause of it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

Timmy T. hasn't been at his best yet this year. But I wouldn't put much blame on him for the B's subpar start. The team wasn't scoring. You don't win many games scoring 2 goals or less. Don't tell that to the dolts over at the Icemantiz board though. Thomas gets blamed for every loss the Bruins suffer over there. He doesn't even have to be in net. ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

detractors.  winesap is on drunk icemoronz board and icemanz banning all timmy fans on Icemoronz board and data entry clerk kps guy has started his own board with la-twerppe it has all of 4 members.  6 goals allowed in 5 games tells me timmy's on his game but not getting the goal support.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

[QUOTE]detractors.  winesap is on drunk icemoronz board and icemanz banning all timmy fans on Icemoronz board and data entry clerk kps guy has started his own board with la-twerppe it has all of 4 members.  6 goals allowed in 5 games tells me timmy's on his game but not getting the goal support.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]Ain't that the truth. Dave threw me off of the site just for disagreeing with him about Thomas. I've met the guy before. He looks like he's homeless. Oh well. I've been thrown off of better boards than that. ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

It is truly amazing to me how many people still doubt Thomas.  Stats the past 3 years:

07-08 - 55 GS, 28-19-6 record, 3 SO, 2.44 GAA, 92.1 Sv%
    08-09 - 54 GS, 36-11-7 record, 5 SO, 2.10 GAA, 93.3 Sv%
    09-10 - 12 GS, 5-6-1 record, 2 SO, 2.23 GAA, 92.2 Sv%

The big stat to look at is the Save %.  I see posters regularly saying that Thomas only plays well when the defense is playing well. Flop or not, the guy gets to pucks that he has no business saving, in addition to taking care of the easier shots, isn't that what you want from your goalie?  For those of you who say he can't keep the team in the game when it matters, the only way he would have been able to "help" the team out last week is by posting 3 straight shutouts.  And, finally, for those of you who whine about that "rebound" from Game 7 last year, get over yourself.  There are about 1000 different ways that play could have turned out, and unfortunately for the Bruins, it was an awkward bounce off of an awkward rebound.

Maybe we should bring back Byron Dafoe or Jim Carey to help Thomas keep more pucks out of the net.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Goals happen, and sometimes it's nobody's fault. Should the Penguins just bench Fluery for not covering the upper portion of the net on Hunwick's goal?  What about being completely frozen by Paille on the breakaway?  If he had done X and Y differently, maybe he could have prevented those goals.

Goals happen, and the best a goalie can do is come up with some extraordinary stops on almost sure goals.  Oh and he sticks up for himself and his teammates.

Save on Alfredsson:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovv6LchSCHE

Knocking down Kostitsyn:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZNJCM_uZP4

Save on some Chicago dude:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ggkDbFB51s

You get the point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

pucman has it perfectly.
    Whino you don't listen, and last time I checked this was a debate about thomas, not krejci, no? (and btw, krejci has been the model of consistancy, julien juggled the lines last year and his line frequently played against number one units, number 2 units, and number 3 units. even when not producing points he was consistant in his defensive game, faceoff percentage, penalty killing, and offensive chance producing)

consistant goaltenders do not let in OT game winners from the red line.

Look I'm not going to deny that hes a really good goalie (The GMs voted him the goalie that had the best season last year, not the best goalie in the NHL, big, big difference whino) but nobody can deny that he has incredibly poor rebound control and is prone to giving up soft goals....see the devils game, only lets in 2 goals, but should have had a shut out, the defense played out of its mind and he let in two soft goals (thats the game you were thinking of i believe pezzel)

Hockey is not a game of stats whino

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

[QUOTE]detractors.  winesap is on drunk icemoronz board and icemanz banning all timmy fans on Icemoronz board and data entry clerk kps guy has started his own board with la-twerppe it has all of 4 members.  6 goals allowed in 5 games tells me timmy's on his game but not getting the goal support.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

Would you believe 48 members ? I'm happy with Thomas' play but we need an invisible fence to keep him from leaving the crease to play the puck. Every time he does, I start to get agita. With the latest shutout though, he'll probably get a bunch of starts in a row since Julien likes to go with the hot goalie, especially when it IS Thomas. He'll start all the games until he cools off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

dkrecji46, for every soft goal the guy lets in, there is at least one sparkling save that he had no business making.  He wasn't his best against the Devils, but he had that one sparkler against Brylin.

Thomas is the least of the Bruins' worries.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you? : Ain't that the truth. Dave threw me off of the site just for disagreeing with him about Thomas. I've met the guy before. He looks like he's homeless. Oh well. I've been thrown off of better boards than that. ;)
    Posted by sugdenflu[/QUOTE]
    Hey Eric, aka Huscrotch, you've been thrown off every board there is, but it's not you that has the problem, right?
    Shall I post your email address and home address?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you? : Hey Eric, aka Huscrotch, you've been thrown off every board there is, but it's not you that has the problem, right? Shall I post your email address and home address?
    Posted by notrolls[/QUOTE]Go right ahead! Better yet, if you've got my home address why don't you stop in & see me? We can take care of this, Dave! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you? : Go right ahead! Better yet, if you've got my home address why don't you stop in & see me? We can take care of this, Dave! 
    Posted by sugdenflu[/QUOTE]Okay, I'll try not to stop by later than 7 PM so your crying won't wake your parents. Maybe some day you can move out the basement and stop stealing cable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you? : Okay, I'll try not to stop by later than 7 PM so your crying won't wake your parents. Maybe some day you can move out the basement and stop stealing cable.
    Posted by notrolls[/QUOTE]Whatever you say bossman. Oh wait, you're not the boss here. You're just like everybody else. Surprised That must be tough, you know, not being able to ban anybody who disagrees with you. Get a life!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The detractors of Tim Thomas, where are you? : Whatever you say bossman. Oh wait, you're not the boss here. You're just like everybody else.  That must be tough, you know, not being able to ban anybody who disagrees with you. Get a life!
    Posted by sugdenflu[/QUOTE]Like I said, I'm not the one that's been banned from EVERY Bruins board around, ERIC! Noticed the first thing you did was run here and cry about getting banned. Who needs to get a life?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

everyone has their opinions on this board on all the different players we all root for,yes i still root for Tim Thomas!....i got called out & had to answer the bell,i am a Thomas detractor....i hope he goes out & wins the vezina again....i just dont like his style of goaltending....on that highlight reel save on alfredsson do you think a goalie following the puck across sliding on his pads, glove & blocker in position would not have saved that 9 outa 10 times? Thomas saved it with a head first dive... where did the rebound go?