the fat lady is practicing her vocals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

the fat lady is practicing her vocals

this thing is done...why coach did not put Bitz in the line-up before tonite is one of the those amazing mysteries

Kobasow finds grit at the last 20 seconds of the game...this guy is useless and has been useless all year

Coach Julie badly out coached again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HurryCane. Show HurryCane's posts

Re: the fat lady is practicing her vocals

Yeah doesnt the fat lady now sing for the band Boston

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah doesnt the fat lady now sing for the band Boston
    Posted by HurryCane[/QUOTE]

I don't get it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

hurry cane is being a troll

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HurryCane. Show HurryCane's posts

No not a troll just tired of no one giving the Hurricanes any respect. I guess we will have to win the stanley cup again before we get any respect. Its just sad that all we hear coming out of the media in Boston is that they havent played there best game yet. Well you are 4 games in the series and how many do you have to play before you play your best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

what do expect to hear from the hometown media? i went to the game six in realigh agianst the devils and i figured they would win game seven not how they did but i figured they could win aginst jersy and i knw if they could be jersy they could beat the CUBBIES, i mean the Bruins

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

[QUOTE]No not a troll just tired of no one giving the Hurricanes any respect. I guess we will have to win the stanley cup again before we get any respect. Its just sad that all we hear coming out of the media in Boston is that they havent played there best game yet. Well you are 4 games in the series and how many do you have to play before you play your best.

I can't believe I am responding to a troll, but here goes....I don't see anywhere showing the lack of respect. Fans who watched the Bruins are confused by what they saw during the regular season and what they see in this series and try to rationalize why there is such a difference. That's what a fan does. Sorry if we are not bowing down to the great Carolina Whalers. Isn't there an auto race somewhere you could go troll around at instead of trying to talk hockey?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HurryCane. Show HurryCane's posts

Hey maybe they should take up auto racing in Boston, because it sure looks like they dont know much about playing hockey. RedNeck Hockey Rocks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Good hockey talk Hurrycane. And you missed your calling as a comedian. The witty banter is terrific but any Canes fans out there want to talk hockey or are we stuck with this one?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway3. Show fenway3's posts

Are we still bitter about the Super Bowl with the Panthers.  Any way I am sure your baseball team will provide great memories this summer.  Whoops

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

he just signed up today to start talking S Hit, it is amazing i don't know what is about this site but it attracts the best of em'

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]No not a troll just tired of no one giving the Hurricanes any respect. I guess we will have to win the stanley cup again before we get any respect. Its just sad that all we hear coming out of the media in Boston is that they havent played there best game yet. Well you are 4 games in the series and how many do you have to play before you play your best.

Yo CandyCane -- What media are you talking about? Have you read the comments on this board? The media and fans on this board are as critical as they come. They find something to moan about even when the team is winning. What kind of respect do you want when we have little respect for our own team.

The Cains are playing great hockey and the Bruin players are trying to figure out why things were so easy in the regular season and just the reverse now. Ward is focused and the entire team is on a mission. You don't need respect from the fans -- The Boston players are really being way too respectful already. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skelton42. Show Skelton42's posts

During the drive home from tonight's game, John Forslund actually defended the "outside media" from a similar comment.  He acknowledged that in 2002 and 2006 the 'Canes had a justifiable gripe against the media, but in 2009 the media is taking the Hurricanes seriously.

Zamboni... Your comment about the "...fans on this board are as critical as they come..." :  That is the understatement of the century!  The B fans on these forums have out-done any attempt at trolling I might consider...so I don't bother.

Yes, the 'Canes dominated periods 1 and 3.  Yes, the Bruins stunk up the place yet again.  However, what no one is mentioning is the fact that while the B didn't dominate the 2nd period, they did own it.  The Bruins are doing some things well, they just can't seem to find any consistency.

The telling point for me was with 5 minutes left in the game, puck in the 'Canes zone and Thomas is lazily draping an arm along the cross bar of his goal.  He had already given up.  That tells me the Bruins simply don't care anymore.

That's a shame.  There was a group of B fans in the nosebleed section of 308.  Even when the Bruins were down 2 goals and then 3 goals, they were chanting for their team.  With no hope of "surviving" the obligatory "shout down", those fans persevered until there was a lull in the Caniac's noise level.  There's a chance they might have been heard on the ice.  Point is, those fans showed more effort and dedication than the Bruins did tonight.  Even after their team quit on the ice, they were trying to show support.   Kudos to those fans, they deserved better from their team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Bruins deserve to hear some boos in game 5.  They are underachieving big time.  The Whalers are not playing as well as the Bruins are playing poorly.  It's not that Ward is hot.  It's not that TT stinks.  The Bruins are playing really really bad hockey.  Too many bad passes for defense and forwards.  Too much gap between the defense and forwards.  Horrible clears from the defensive zone.  Not learning from mistakes.  Game 3 Mountthedoor winds way up for the slapper that is obviously going to get blocked.  Winds up for the slapper on the PK behind his own goal line and gets picked by Staal.

So what does he do period one tonight.  Again, huge wind up at the point with a player sliding out to block the shot.  Unreal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mimi-habs. Show mimi-habs's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe I am responding to a troll, but here goes....I don't see anywhere showing the lack of respect. Fans who watched the Bruins are confused by what they saw during the regular season and what they see in this series and try to rationalize why there is such a difference. That's what a fan does. Sorry if we are not bowing down to the great Carolina Whalers. Isn't there an auto race somewhere you could go troll around at instead of trying to talk hockey?
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

well don't be so surprised it hapened to us last year..we finished first in the east & in the playof's we lost 4 game in a row against the Flyers after wining the first game...there is a big difference between the regular season & the playof's where a team has to play the same team a serie 4 out of 7...durong the season you play one game against Atlanta & theother game after Ottawa..??

I knew the Can's will beat Boston or give a very strong fight cause The Hartford Whalers always had an edge on Boston if I'm not mistaken...

these two team have history like Habs/Nordiques

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caniac50. Show Caniac50's posts

I just wanted to say, that overall your fanbase has been pretty respectable towards the Caniacs - but for those that haven't noticed, it is a new CENTURY, the HURRICANES have been in NC for 11 years (get over the Whalers already or do you do the same thing to the Stars, the Avalanche, the Devils, the Flames, etc.)

Again, thanks for being an overall good group of people.  During our series against NJD, I can't tell you how many times I read 'redneck', 'incest', 'idiot', 'know nothing about hockey', and 'NASCAR' (personally been to ONE NASCAR event and about 100 hockey games).  Saw some of your fans here at the RBC last night and they were doing what a fan is supposed to do, they were cheering on their team (kudos to them when they were surrounded by so many Caniacs).  In game 3, when the Bruins had the lead for awhile, they were happy but not obnoxious.

Lastly, I do NOT THINK this series is over but I HOPE it is.  I have enough respect for the Bruins to fear what could happen, so I hope our guys keep the pedal to the metal (for all you NASCAR fans out there Laughing) and FINNish it.

Seriously not trying to be a troll, just wanted to say thanks from one fan to some others (isn't it sad when someone feels the need to thank others just for being decent people?).