The fate of Tim Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Re: The fate of Tim Thomas

In Response to Re: The fate of Tim Thomas:
    Huet and Versteeg for Thomas and whoever else. Just want a decent player back in return for TT. Versteeg will give you consistantly your 45 to 55 points a season . Was a dumb move to let him go in the first place. Huet also knows julien so we could use him for backup for one year and trade him I really can't see many other teams who would be willing to take TT contract and with his age makes him limited to which team he can be traded to
    Posted by yaz16
    Dude, are you okay?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Same comment as I have probably the last 10 posts, but it is noteworthy every time, in the shot of the Bruins coming down the ramp to the room he was the only one not smiling and appeared glum.

How many times before someone else notices this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In one stretch this season, Thomas gave up 6 goals over 6 games ... and had 5 losses.  I think that was what really broke his season.  Just a little more offensive support and that is 4-6 wins, and who knows what happens from there.  The way he's been playing, Rask still probably takes over, but with far more of a fight from Thomas, and far fewer people resorting to insults to try to make their case against him.

Hopefully some GM will take note of that stretch, and take a gamble on acquiring him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: The fate of Tim Thomas:
    In one stretch this season, Thomas gave up 6 goals over 6 games ... and had 5 losses.  I think that was what really broke his season.  Just a little more offensive support and that is 4-6 wins, and who knows what happens from there.  The way he's been playing, Rask still probably takes over, but with far more of a fight from Thomas, and far fewer people resorting to insults to try to make their case against him. Hopefully some GM will take note of that stretch, and take a gamble on acquiring him.
    Posted by DrCC

Yes, his age, yes the big $, but if I'm a Hawks, Caps, Flyers fan - I'd really like the sound of TT in my net.  Hawks should not be losing their series, Caps almost sure to win a cup with a decent goalie, Flyers are winning now, but would be a lot better with a better goalie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Thomas had a 2.56 GAA and a .915 save %, which at the end of the season ranked ahead of playoff goalies such as Brian Elliot, Roberto Loungo, Craig Anderson, Marc-Andre Fleury and Carey Price. His save % ranked ahead of playoffs goalies Loungo, Annti Niemi, Pekka Rinne, Jose Theodore, Elliot, Jonathan Quick, and Fleury. Even for an off season with a snowball effect of injuries to key players Thomas put up decent numbers. The win-loss record doesn't tell you what a GAA and save % can. Yes Thomas gave up some soft goals but tell me what goalie hasn't and I'll tell you about a bridge I own in Brooklyn. 

He'll have some trade value on the market, with the two most likely teams being Philadelphia and (yes, I know it's odd) San Jose. If San Jose gets knocked out in the first two rounds and Nabokov didn't do everything he could to help the team I think he'll be out come July. They may want to go with their prospect system, but it's also possible they go for somebody like Thomas (not great odds but not impossible). Philadelphia has long been suggested to be looking for goaltending (they need a stable net) and they've got pieces such as Simon Gagne, Jeff Carter, Claude Giroux and James van Reimsdyk. Obviously any one of the latter 3 would result in a fantastic trade for us, but Gagne would be the more likely option. Gagne does have an extensive injury history, but he has a dynamic skill set and his contract is up after next season. When healthy Gagne has a 35-45 goal potential, with his career high in goals being 47 (in 05-06) and his last year's total being 34 goals. This year he scored 17 goals and 40 points in 58 games, not a great ratio of points per game but a good secondary scoring option unless he could mesh well with Savard. 

If there's a market and some suitors I'd say entertain the idea of trading him (assuming he'll waive his NTC, of course), if not then don't actively seek out a trade. I'd rather have a guy like Thomas as a backup in case Rask goes Carey Price on the team than have a weak backup or an angry Thomas. Rask has been dynamic this year, and if we manage to take this run far then he could possibly get a Conn Smythe consideration. But this doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be as good or better next year (I'm not saying he'll fall apart, but anything is possible). My point is to have a good plan going into the offseason, whether you keep Thomas or end up replacing him on the roster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeatherNeck. Show LeatherNeck's posts

Sad news is, you can't trade him unless he waives his "No Trade" clause on his contract...few players on the team have that clause on like Sturm for example.

If there's anything, Timmy is smart. He observed what Fernandez did during his time here is Boston, just sitting on the bench and played poorly collecting $4 mil somewhat a year. He accomplished even bigger money, no trade clause, just happy to be a part of the team and waiting to just go home to wife and kids...no pain, no injured. Happy Ending!

That Superman save Rask had last night, if it was Timmy on the net he probably would allow 2 goals on that save alone.

God Bless...Timmy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

/Same comment as I have probably the last 10 posts, but it is noteworthy every time, in the shot of the Bruins coming down the ramp to the room he was the only one not smiling and appeared glum.How many times before someone else notices this?//

BadHab, Thomas will not go through this again next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Niemi? are you kidding? Preds are all over him this playoffs.

If chicago gets eliminated, they will need a proper goalie . They just have too much talent everywhere else to not get further in the playoffs