The Game-post by a REAL Bruins Fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

The Game-post by a REAL Bruins Fan

After reading what so many others have written I have decided to start another post about last nights game versus New Jersey.  So many on this site are clearly not Bruins fans or for that matter even watch the games being played.  For those of you who are going to respond with ignorance to this post feel free.  My ignore list is at six and will continue to grow (I recommend this feature to everyone it makes the posts so much better).  
    I have to start by stating that I was disappointed in the outcome of last nights game, however I did think that had a game plan, stuck to it, and played well.  New Jersey and Boston both play a defensive, low risk style of hockey and the two teams look very evenly matched last night.  New Jersey (6-0 on the road) got great play out of their back up goalie and despite two goals that tricked behind Thomas I felt he played well also.  If there was anything glaring to me about the play last night it would be the absence a legit goal scorer.  It was very interesting to hear comments about what Parise means to the Devils.  It was said that they intend to keep games close and expect that he will be the difference maker.  Watching high quality scoring chance after chance certainly made me realize that we are missing a Sniper and Sturm, Ryder, and Wheeler are unfortunately not the answer.  We have phenomanel distributors and no one to finish consistently.  I know some will say Kessel but at over 5 million a season he was certainly not the right answer.  I'm not sure who is (I live in south Florida and Horton and Wheeler might be twins so I dont think he is the answer).  I do hope the Bruins are able to make some sort of move in the not so distant future with out jeopardizing the great pieces they have.  

The last thing I would like to say is in regards to those who scream that the season is over, call the B's the Ruins, or spout how they have accomplished nothing in the past 36 seasons, get over yourself.  Last year they had an amazing season that as a long time fan was exciting to witness.  Watching the B's sweep the Habs was equally fulfilling, and even though they lost in the 2nd round it was a game seven overtime goal.  I love this team and I certainly question if you feel the same way.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Re: The Game-post by a REAL Bruins Fan

I have been a Bruin Fan for 50 years and I love these guys win or loose and I do critize them when they don't play the way they should. This team has given us reason to believe they can be very good but this season I think they have read to many articles saying how good they are and that they are contenders for the cup this year. They do not have same grit as last season or the heart it took to be 1st in the East or 2nd in scoring in the NHL. They do not fight hard along the boards,hit like they mean it ,go hard to the net to get the dirty goals, the D doesn't get the puck out timely or get the puck quickly to the forwards, they don't stick up for eachother like they did , I could go on but I think you see my point. This team lost alot of Character players who played roles on this team and did not replace them properly. They did not replace the scoring they lost and it shows in games like we lost last nite. The closeness is not the same and neither is the chemistry, when they get comfortable with each other things may change.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

In Response to Re: The Game-post by a REAL Bruins Fan:
    [QUOTE] I have been a Bruin Fan for 50 years and I love these guys win or loose and I do critize them when they don't play the way they should. This team has given us reason to believe they can be very good but this season I think they have read to many articles saying how good they are and that they are contenders for the cup this year. They do not have same grit as last season or the heart it took to be 1st in the East or 2nd in scoring in the NHL. They do not fight hard along the boards,hit like they mean it ,go hard to the net to get the dirty goals, the D doesn't get the puck out timely or get the puck quickly to the forwards, they don't stick up for eachother like they did , I could go on but I think you see my point. This team lost alot of Character players who played roles on this team and did not replace them properly. They did not replace the scoring they lost and it shows in games like we lost last nite. The closeness is not the same and neither is the chemistry, when they get comfortable with each other things may change.
    Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

I too love the bruins in the seventies . And was very excited over last years team . And still consider this team a playoff team . But we are not a championship team now. we have replaced size strength experience  and speed for well i'm not sure yet as  it is a very young season.
    so I will put what i like first  and then my dislikes .
    Morris I think he is a stud . Maybe our best dman. 
    boychuk is willing ready and waiting to bust into this line up . 
    dislike dennis widemans attitude some nights just seems not to care plenty of talent seems like he's got a i"m to good to have to hit fight or what i don't know. 
    chara always has been my favorite bruins dman . to me doesn't seem to be as strong this year and instead of making the quick outlet pass is trying to step around the opposing players and is losing the puck in his own end .
    just not playing mean.
    ferrance I think he is a good 5th or 6th dman not 3rd or 4th and should not be anywhere near the powerplay or take chances in the offfensive zone guarantee he is involved in one break away for the opposing team a game.
    over all our defense is smaller less meaner morris is a step up but the loss of ward and knighty do hurt .
    offense its not to fair to compare becuse savvy's out but we have not replaced kessal sorry marchand and sobotka are not there yet if they ever will be .  love sobotka as he is one mean little guy . but does he bring fear to the opposing teams i don't think so . bergy great 2 way players should net 20-25 goals not a great set up guy not a terrific shot . a great 2nd 3rd line center. the rest of our line up we could very well replace with anybody's in the league  
    goaltending i don't think we have a problem as both rask and thomas are up to the task . But saying all this it is my right as a paying fan to love hate  even to pretend as long as i am deacent about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to The Game-post by a REAL Bruins Fan:
    [QUOTE]After reading what so many others have written I have decided to start another post about last nights game versus New Jersey.  So many on this site are clearly not Bruins fans or for that matter even watch the games being played.  For those of you who are going to respond with ignorance to this post feel free.  My ignore list is at six and will continue to grow (I recommend this feature to everyone it makes the posts so much better).   I have to start by stating that I was disappointed in the outcome of last nights game, however I did think that had a game plan, stuck to it, and played well.  New Jersey and Boston both play a defensive, low risk style of hockey and the two teams look very evenly matched last night.  New Jersey (6-0 on the road) got great play out of their back up goalie and despite two goals that tricked behind Thomas I felt he played well also.  If there was anything glaring to me about the play last night it would be the absence a legit goal scorer.  It was very interesting to hear comments about what Parise means to the Devils.  It was said that they intend to keep games close and expect that he will be the difference maker.  Watching high quality scoring chance after chance certainly made me realize that we are missing a Sniper and Sturm, Ryder, and Wheeler are unfortunately not the answer.  We have phenomanel distributors and no one to finish consistently.  I know some will say Kessel but at over 5 million a season he was certainly not the right answer.  I'm not sure who is (I live in south Florida and Horton and Wheeler might be twins so I dont think he is the answer).  I do hope the Bruins are able to make some sort of move in the not so distant future with out jeopardizing the great pieces they have.   The last thing I would like to say is in regards to those who scream that the season is over, call the B's the Ruins, or spout how they have accomplished nothing in the past 36 seasons, get over yourself.  Last year they had an amazing season that as a long time fan was exciting to witness.  Watching the B's sweep the Habs was equally fulfilling, and even though they lost in the 2nd round it was a game seven overtime goal.  I love this team and I certainly question if you feel the same way.  
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

Some good points here.  They did play ok, but they did not have that many high quality chances.  They definately lack some scoring studs.

TT looked good last night-especially early in the game.  I think Krejci is looking better, Marchand is encouraging, and Sobotka had his best game yet this season.  Guys like Ryder, Sturm, Wheeler, Chara, and Wideman need to do a lot more...  There is hope, but the established veterans need to produce more for this team!!!  Not time to panic-let the kids play a bit more and make an eval after some of these guys have played a bit more...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

[QUOTE].  Last year they had an amazing season that as a long time fan was exciting to witness.  Watching the B's sweep the Habs was equally fulfilling, and even though they lost in the 2nd round it was a game seven overtime goal.

WOW! Well you are a sheeps sheep I will give you that. You are certainly the prime marketing target of Jeremy Jacobs & Delaware North.

Who cares a #1 seed got upset in the 2nd round by a #6 seed on home ice!

WE WON 1 PLAYOFF ROUND IN 10 YEARS!!! YAY!!! GO BROOOOONS!!!

*Shakes pom-poms*

You wouldn't know a real fan if he took off your foam finger and slapped you off your head with it.

What a joke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Good input Bruinsking and Stingerjp.....I agree some of these vets are not giving their all and what I see is a D that is not clearing the crease...constantly Thomas is being jostled around and screened...Ference is not the answer on power plays and and though they played somewhat better overall I think its time to give Boychuck a shot...Bitz and Subotka are looking good...Wheeler and Sturm are struggling...GO BRUINS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I've only just managed to catch the highlights but it doesn't seem so awful. Bergy looked like he's up for it. A tight game and if that shot with 30 secs to go had gone in rather than off the post it'd be a much better mood today.

Tough weekend ahead. When do you guys put the clocks back? Only 4 hours time difference this week. Yay!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Re: The Game-post by a REAL Bruins Fan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Game-post by a REAL Bruins Fan : WOW! Well you are a sheeps sheep I will give you that. You are certainly the prime marketing target of Jeremy Jacobs & Delaware North. Who cares a #1 seed got upset in the 2nd round by a #6 seed on home ice! WE WON 1 PLAYOFF ROUND IN 10 YEARS!!! YAY!!! GO BROOOOONS!!! *Shakes pom-poms* You wouldn't know a real fan if he took off your foam finger and slapped you off your head with it. What a joke.
    Posted by damngood[/QUOTE]

You contribute nothing to discussion, offer zero insight, and have yet to post any topic relevant to the Bruins current season.  I'm fine with views that are contrary to my own but your just an idiot.  Just like Imafan your now ignored....congrats. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleacherReport. Show BleacherReport's posts

HAHA Fanboy tuukka got absolutely owned and destroyed by damgood and all he can muster up between sobs is you offered zero insight and now you're on my ignore list! Classic! Love to see these apologists get owned and then run home and cry to thier mommy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

[QUOTE]After reading what so many others have written I have decided to start another post about last nights game versus New Jersey.  So many on this site are clearly not Bruins fans or for that matter even watch the games being played.  For those of you who are going to respond with ignorance to this post feel free.  My ignore list is at six and will continue to grow (I recommend this feature to everyone it makes the posts so much better).   I have to start by stating that I was disappointed in the outcome of last nights game, however I did think that had a game plan, stuck to it, and played well.  New Jersey and Boston both play a defensive, low risk style of hockey and the two teams look very evenly matched last night.  New Jersey (6-0 on the road) got great play out of their back up goalie and despite two goals that tricked behind Thomas I felt he played well also.  If there was anything glaring to me about the play last night it would be the absence a legit goal scorer.  It was very interesting to hear comments about what Parise means to the Devils.  It was said that they intend to keep games close and expect that he will be the difference maker.  Watching high quality scoring chance after chance certainly made me realize that we are missing a Sniper and Sturm, Ryder, and Wheeler are unfortunately not the answer.  We have phenomanel distributors and no one to finish consistently.  I know some will say Kessel but at over 5 million a season he was certainly not the right answer.  I'm not sure who is (I live in south Florida and Horton and Wheeler might be twins so I dont think he is the answer).  I do hope the Bruins are able to make some sort of move in the not so distant future with out jeopardizing the great pieces they have.   The last thing I would like to say is in regards to those who scream that the season is over, call the B's the Ruins, or spout how they have accomplished nothing in the past 36 seasons, get over yourself.  Last year they had an amazing season that as a long time fan was exciting to witness.  Watching the B's sweep the Habs was equally fulfilling, and even though they lost in the 2nd round it was a game seven overtime goal.  I love this team and I certainly question if you feel the same way.  

i perhaps like the idea of frolov playing with savard and looch i think he could be an answer in contract year as well but i dont know if kings would be willing topart with him as there off to a good start

Sections
Shortcuts