The good the bad and the ugly part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

The good the bad and the ugly part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far fellow posters pick your three:

The Good - Nathan Horton

The Bad - Hunwick

The Ugly- Not Chara but signing him for seven years

Boston Bruins Clint Eastwood - Patrice Bergeron

What Clint Eastwood movie would use to describe our Bruins:

Mine is obvious it is my headline post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: The good the bad and the ugly part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Unforgiven. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to The good the bad and the ugly part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    So far fellow posters pick your three: The Good - Nathan Horton The Bad - Hunwick The Ugly- Not Chara but signing him for seven years Boston Bruins Clint Eastwood - Patrice Bergeron What Clint Eastwood movie would use to describe our Bruins : Mine is obvious it is my headline post.
    Posted by Canbostondoit

I guess we disagree about Chara but I understand your concern.Fortunately for the Bruins,Chara is a world class physical specimen.With his size and skill-set he should be able to remain effective as a shutdown D-man even after he loses a step.I honestly felt a huge sense of relief upon learning both he and Bergy resigned.The length of Bergeron's deal bothered me more than Chara's(5 years would've been better)but I applaud PC for getting both deals out of the way so everyone can concentrate on hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I think Hunwick will get better. We do need to pick up an offensive defenseman to start the play out of the zone to our forwards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

In Response to The good the bad and the ugly part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    So far fellow posters pick your three: The Good - Nathan Horton The Bad - Hunwick The Ugly- Not Chara but signing him for seven years Boston Bruins Clint Eastwood - Patrice Bergeron What Clint Eastwood movie would use to describe our Bruins : Mine is obvious it is my headline post.
    Posted by Canbostondoit

" Fistfull of Dollars "

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: Chara and Bergeron signing, the Eastwood movie can only be:
    FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE.

Also:  The Good (Horton, Seguin, Timmy, Krejci), The Bad (Hunwick, Paille), The Ugly (Ference, Siedenberg in Game 1)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: The good the bad and the ugly part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    In Response to The good the bad and the ugly part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I guess we disagree about Chara but I understand your concern.Fortunately for the Bruins,Chara is a world class physical specimen.With his size and skill-set he should be able to remain effective as a shutdown D-man even after he loses a step.I honestly felt a huge sense of relief upon learning both he and Bergy resigned.The length of Bergeron's deal bothered me more than Chara's(5 years would've been better)but I applaud PC for getting both deals out of the way so everyone can concentrate on hockey.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed. Locking up both these guys is a great move, especially at a lower cap hit. And I can understand why Begeron would want three years -- he'll be in his prime when this contract expires.

I find it amusing that for so long, people complained that Jacobs was stingy, and now, people are complaining that the Bruins overpay. What's hilarious is that it's probably the same people!

And as for Hunwick, he played a much, much better game on Sunday. When he's skating and on the attack, he's at his best. With him, it's all about confidence and being aggressive. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

In Response to Re: The good the bad and the ugly part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Agreed. Locking up both these guys is a great move, especially at a lower cap hit. And I can understand why Begeron would want three years -- he'll be in his prime when this contract expires. I find it amusing that for so long, people complained that Jacobs was stingy, and now, people are complaining that the Bruins overpay. What's hilarious is that it's probably the same people! And as for Hunwick, he played a much, much better game on Sunday. When he's skating and on the attack, he's at his best. With him, it's all about confidence and being aggressive. 
    Posted by duinne

Solid post, Hunwick has to be on the attack, and not sit back. I don't think Boston system is his game. He can skate and pass, but they will give him a shot at a wing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Chara and Bergeron signing, the Eastwood movie can only be: FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE. Posted by TryToBearIt

Beat me to it TTB and I'm fine with both signings. Now if we could only have Lee Van Cleef take care of Matt Cooke as Clint counts the time with the Colonel's gold pocket watch LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Two Mules for Sister Sara

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

"Sudden Impact"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Was sad to learn that the combined cap savings of the Bergeron/Chara deals is only about 300K. That said, good to have them under contract for the same amount. We need these guys for our cup run that will inevitably occur in the next 1-5 years. We have a window here and we need to capitalize on it.

Sections
Shortcuts