THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11

In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11:
    [QUOTE]Looking at the THN prediction of Leafs finishing 12th in the East, and as much as I'd like for them to finish at or near the bottom, I think they are probably right. Their goaltending has improved, their defense seems fairly solid and they have upgraded their wingers. The only thing holding them back is the centre position - they have no-one of any consequence, and that will hold them back from advancing further up the standings. Hopefully, they'll get off to a slow start and the media will start turning up the heat of the frying pan and discombobulate all the players...and they finish last overall.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Wheatskins, I'm with you in hoping the Leafs don't climb in the standings for the Bruins' draft interests only.  With any luck, Lundqvist's Rangers and the Isles will finish ahead of them, pushing Toronto down to 14th in the East. 

THN has the Avs, Nashville, Ducks and Wild ranked from 9th to 13th in the West.  Even if they don't make the playoffs, I'd like to think these teams will each have enough points to help keep the Leafs in the bottom 10 of the league. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : Wheatskins, I'm with you in hoping the Leafs don't climb in the standings for the Bruins' draft interests only.  With any luck, Lundqvist's Rangers and the Isles will finish ahead of them, pushing Toronto down to 14th in the East.  THN has the Avs, Nashville, Ducks and Wild ranked from 9th to 13th in the West.  Even if they don't make the playoffs, I'd like to think these teams will each have enough points to help keep the Leafs in the bottom 10 of the league. 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Predictions are tricky things, but I think all four of those teams should be better than the Leafs.

Want this guy, plz:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/6164

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : Predictions are tricky things, but I think all four of those teams should be better than the Leafs. Want this guy, plz: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/6164
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Looks impressive.  He's already wearing the black and gold, of sorts.  To that, all I can say for this year is " Come on, Rangers, Florida, Isles, Nashville, Avs, Stars and Ducks!" 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122899

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/23349-Prep-Watch-Puempels-power.html

Read and heard some good things about Matt Puempel as well

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Good stuff SanDog, that kid seems like the real deal. Imagine Seguin, Knight, and Puempel or Larsson all for Phil Kessel. It probably wont happen but atleast if Chiarelli keeps his pick in the 1st round they got  2 1st to play with, he could trade up or like he did this year use 1 to get another player like Horton. Either way Im still happy with the outcome. We are starting to add some very nice pieces for the future. I like the direction that the Bruins are going, as much as people bash Chia I think he is doing a pretty good job.

Prediction: Bruins win the division and come 1st in the Eastern Conference and win the CUP (What a homer). fingers crossed that this team can unite and play for each other and show some heart cause they do have one he11 of a hockey team.

Cheers!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

Tampa also added Kubina (and retained St Louis), alot will depend on how Lecavalier comes off of surgery

Atlanta sux and so does Ramsay

Pilly is over rated and lost more than they added

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]We have a subscription here for the Hockey news so we have had the issue for a couple of weeks. The first thing I noticed was two years in a row the cover featured a player with a Leaf jersey on. Not Blackhawks or Ovie, or Crosby just another 29th place loser from Toronto. That just drives me up the wall that a team can be so useless yet the Hockey news uses a player from the Leafs to represent there annual prediction mag. They predict the Canucks to go all the way so why not use someone from that team.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]
    Definitely a bias there, but based purely on marketing.

Regardless of what most fans think about the Leafs, they are by far the most popular team out there i.e. most fans.

Sad but true..........I wonder how many closet Leaf fans are on this forum.  I, as most of you know, am a Leaf fan 1st and foremost but that was a product of geography. 

Love them or hate them, they sure do get a lot of press whether it is warranted it or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : Definitely a bias there, but based purely on marketing. Regardless of what most fans think about the Leafs, they are by far the most popular team out there i.e. most fans. Sad but true..........I wonder how many closet Leaf fans are on this forum.  I, as most of you know, am a Leaf fan 1st and foremost but that was a product of geography.  Love them or hate them, they sure do get a lot of press whether it is warranted it or not.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

There's much merit to what LRH speaks, certainly in Canada, anyway.  Quebec and the Jets have been out of the league for years now but I have clear recollections of crowd cheers coming close to rivaling that of the home side whenever the Leafs visited Vancouver, the Oilers, Flames and especially Montreal.  I think there must be a lot of ex-pat Canadians in L. A., too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : There's much merit to what LRH speaks, certainly in Canada, anyway.  Quebec and the Jets have been out of the league for years now but I have clear recollections of crowd cheers coming close to rivaling that of the home side whenever the Leafs visited Vancouver, the Oilers, Flames and especially Montreal.  I think there must be a lot of ex-pat Canadians in L. A., too.

The Maple Leafs were a constant on Hockey Night in Canada for years, and a lot of people grew up with them. It's not surprising that they'd be popular all across the country. I think a lot of it had to do with the success of the Canadiens as well, because the Canadiens have been the Yankees of hockey, and many people gravitated toward the Leafs because they couldn't bring themselves to root for the Habs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : 3 teams in hockey history have blown 3-0 leads, the Bruins becoming one of them. Pretty epic.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Like epic defined as grand in scale to the history of hockey?  Ok. If you need an adjective.  I prefer they lost a three game lead.  Lots of teams win four in a row. So those epic victories!  There are two reasons I dislike the word epic or historic.  One I am a Bs fan who does not need to be reminded of the loss.  But better yet the word epic is a histrionic word used by the media to sell a story. It is a number of losses not frequented often in the NHL playoffs is better.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Excellent teams with goaltending issues:  Philadelphia, Washington, and Pittsburgh. These teams in my estimation could drop in the rankings unless their offensive play is outstanding.  Carolina on the other hand will rise in the rankings because of Ward.  The THN prediction of Buffalo in 6th has accounted for Miller in goal.  Boston has excellent goaltending, average defensemen, and a big ? on offense.  The loss of Ramsey could derail the system.  The question I cannot answer is who influenced the defensive system more in the past three years, Ramsey or Julien?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Good post like what isla. said goaltending will be an issue for phl wsh mtl  and for west sj chc la.. I also agree with BN4 about TB and lecavalier who has not been the vincent of pass years plus goaltending but i will definetly pick TB as the cinderalla team good coach smart GM some add on players. But these are my personal picks:

EAST  the east is the most unpredictable conference

Boston            they will redeem but must stay healthy
    NJD                 if kovy is sign extra goal scoring can be scary for this team
    Wash              good offense but d ? anf goaltending
    Pits                 same team but every team will want to beat them
    TB                  all players want to play for new coach and GM
    Buff                consistent coach but will need a proven goal scoring
    Philly               funny team but shows up when need to goalie?
    Ottawa or NYR  it is due or die for both teams

WEST
    Chic.
    SJ
    Van.
    Det.
    LA
    Colo.
    Phx
    Stl or minny

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

[QUOTE]Good stuff SanDog, that kid seems like the real deal. Imagine Seguin, Knight, and Puempel or Larsson all for Phil Kessel. It probably wont happen but atleast if Chiarelli keeps his pick in the 1st round they got  2 1st to play with, he could trade up or like he did this year use 1 to get another player like Horton. Either way Im still happy with the outcome. We are starting to add some very nice pieces for the future. I like the direction that the Bruins are going, as much as people bash Chia I think he is doing a pretty good job. Prediction: Bruins win the division and come 1st in the Eastern Conference and win the CUP (What a homer). fingers crossed that this team can unite and play for each other and show some heart cause they do have one he11 of a hockey team. Cheers!!
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]      regardless of who the bs got for kessel......the leafs did ok in this trade...22 yr old 40 goal sniper is not a bad trade off...there isnt alot of players you can say for next 10 seasons will score 40 plus every year...and for those saying he hasnt scoored 40 well he played in 70 games and scored 36 w boston..them 8 more in post season, so over 82 he got 44...if he plays 80 games he will get 40 my friends, not arguing about the trade but its not as lopsided as everyone seems to believe, and this is based on alls opinion seguin develops into a star    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 :       regardless of who the bs got for kessel......the leafs did ok in this trade...22 yr old 40 goal sniper is not a bad trade off...there isnt alot of players you can say for next 10 seasons will score 40 plus every year...and for those saying he hasnt scoored 40 well he played in 70 games and scored 36 w boston..them 8 more in post season, so over 82 he got 44...if he plays 80 games he will get 40 my friends, not arguing about the trade but its not as lopsided as everyone seems to believe, and this is based on alls opinion seguin develops into a star    
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but this line of thinking drives me nuts. No, he hasn't scored 40. He may very well in the future, but who knows? Projection is never a sure thing. Heck, what happens if his lack of conditioning starts to catch up with him as he grows older and he regresses?

Until Seguin and/or Knight and/or next year's draft pick make their marks in the NHL, we can't be certain this wasn't a horribly lop-sided trade. It very well may turn out that way. Yeah, Kessel's a very good goal-scorer. But he plays a one-dimensional game. The goals he may help allow may not be quite as obvious as the time he handed the puck right to Chara, but they do and will happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 :       regardless of who the bs got for kessel......the leafs did ok in this trade...22 yr old 40 goal sniper is not a bad trade off...there isnt alot of players you can say for next 10 seasons will score 40 plus every year...and for those saying he hasnt scoored 40 well he played in 70 games and scored 36 w boston..them 8 more in post season, so over 82 he got 44...if he plays 80 games he will get 40 my friends, not arguing about the trade but its not as lopsided as everyone seems to believe, and this is based on alls opinion seguin develops into a star    

I will agree its not currenty "lopsided" but your making assumptionsabout kessel while rejecting assumptins about seguin..

Kessel has yet to play a full season in his career, who says injuries dont take him out of the league completely in 2 years??  I would think you will have to wait to see how these trades work for the fortunes of the franchise before you can really pass judgement, but kessels arrival certainly did not help toronto last season, and Burke made the "we drafted 7th this year, we don't expect to draft this high again" giving the bruins the number 2 pick..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Bruins8, I think Kessel can score goals, but I highly doubt he will score 40 goals for the next 10 years. Lets let him score 40 once first. When the trade happened we have people saying Burke forced Chiarelli's hand. I see it the other way.

1. Burke trades a 2nd and 3rd round pick in 11 to get his 2nd round in 10 back.
    2. He calls Chiarelli and says he is going to offer sheet Kessel.
    3. Chiarelli tells him he will match any offer, knowing Burke will not over pay too much due to the Penner fiasco. Chiarelli knew he had options for trades, with Wideman coming off a 50 point season, Kobasew 20 + goals and Ryder coming off a 27 goal season. So moving salary wouldnt have been that difficult if he couldnt get the pkg he wanted.
    4. Burke did not want to call Chia's bluff and lose the player he coveted and decided to strike a deal with more than compensation for Phil Kessel resulting in 2 1sts and 2nd. In the end Burkie ponied up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd for Phyllis.

That is a huge overpayment would you give that up if you were a rebuilding team? I wouldnt.

Since Burke and Kessel arrived the Leafs have got worse. I know Kessel scored 30g in 70 games. I know he scored 36g in 70 games for the Bruins. (I did enjoy watching him when he was here) He had way more ice time and PP time in TO than Boston and his numbers dipped. As for who won the trade it will take time to finally compare it, but as from a team aspect the Leafs lost this big time. We all know Seguin is capable of being a star, and maybe we can get a repoter to ask Kadri what he thinks of Jared Knight and now add another 1st round pick.

Horton will replace Kessel this year anyway. Trading Kessel set us a back a year but it set the leafs back 5.

sorry for the rant and Lets go kesseless Bruins!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins8, I think Kessel can score goals, but I highly doubt he will score 40 goals for the next 10 years. Lets let him score 40 once first. When the trade happened we have people saying Burke forced Chiarelli's hand. I see it the other way. 1. Burke trades a 2nd and 3rd round pick in 11 to get his 2nd round in 10 back. 2. He calls Chiarelli and says he is going to offer sheet Kessel. 3. Chiarelli tells him he will match any offer, knowing Burke will not over pay too much due to the Penner fiasco. Chiarelli knew he had options for trades, with Wideman coming off a 50 point season, Kobasew 20 + goals and Ryder coming off a 27 goal season. So moving salary wouldnt have been that difficult if he couldnt get the pkg he wanted. 4. Burke did not want to call Chia's bluff and lose the player he coveted and decided to strike a deal with more than compensation for Phil Kessel resulting in 2 1sts and 2nd. In the end Burkie ponied up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd for Phyllis. That is a huge overpayment would you give that up if you were a rebuilding team? I wouldnt. Since Burke and Kessel arrived the Leafs have got worse. I know Kessel scored 30g in 70 games. I know he scored 36g in 70 games for the Bruins. (I did enjoy watching him when he was here) He had way more ice time and PP time in TO than Boston and his numbers dipped. As for who won the trade it will take time to finally compare it, but as from a team aspect the Leafs lost this big time. We all know Seguin is capable of being a star, and maybe we can get a repoter to ask Kadri what he thinks of Jared Knight and now add another 1st round pick. Horton will replace Kessel this year anyway. Trading Kessel set us a back a year but it set the leafs back 5. sorry for the rant and Lets go kesseless Bruins!!
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

lucicfan - Well said.  Judging from the callers of the sports talk shows up here, there is a healthy portion of Leaf supporters who still think Burke was mad to barter the one commodity struggling teams have historically used to climb back towards respectability; high draft picks. 

They say they know PK will do the scoring he was obtained to do but are also concerned about watching some player(s) potentially develop into young studs for another team instead of wearing blue and white.  The sentiment is not all pro-Leaf on this and should they stay within the bottom 10 or less in the overall standings again next year, you can be sure there will be some screaming for Burke, Wilson or both.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : Definitely a bias there, but based purely on marketing. Regardless of what most fans think about the Leafs, they are by far the most popular team out there i.e. most fans. Sad but true..........I wonder how many closet Leaf fans are on this forum.  I, as most of you know, am a Leaf fan 1st and foremost but that was a product of geography.  Love them or hate them, they sure do get a lot of press whether it is warranted it or not.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

I am absolutely a Leafs fan.  I'm also an Islanders fan.  I'm also a Stars fan, a Ducks fan, a Canucks fan and a fan of 29 total NHL teams.  I am not a Habs fan.

I am a fan of the Swedish National team, the Finnish National team, the Germans, the Russians and even the Italians.  I am not a Team Canada fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : I am absolutely a Leafs fan.  I'm also an Islanders fan.  I'm also a Stars fan, a Ducks fan, a Canucks fan and a fan of 29 total NHL teams.  I am not a Habs fan. I am a fan of the Swedish National team, the Finnish National team, the Germans, the Russians and even the Italians.  I am not a Team Canada fan.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Can understand why you're not a Habs fan . Care to explain why not a Team Canada fan. I've got a couple of thoughts, but you've peaked my interest in why.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : lucicfan - Well said.  Judging from the callers of the sports talk shows up here, there is a healthy portion of Leaf supporters who still think Burke was mad to barter the one commodity struggling teams have historically used to climb back towards respectability; high draft picks.  They say they know PK will do the scoring he was obtained to do but are also concerned about watching some player(s) potentially develop into young studs for another team instead of wearing blue and white.  The sentiment is not all pro-Leaf on this and should they stay within the bottom 10 or less in the overall standings again next year, you can be sure there will be some screaming for Burke, Wilson or both.

Coincidentally, I was at Barnes and Noble today perusing some hockey periodicals and there was a story - can't recall if it was in THN's yearbook or the NHL version - that pointed out the (pretty obvious) way teams like the Penguins, Blackhawks and Capitals went from the outhouse to the penthouse: Drafting stud players with top picks. Guys like Toews, Kane, Malkin, Crosby, Fleury, Ovechkin are going to make a much, much bigger impact than a Kessel. Hopefully we'll see Seguin added to that list. :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Do you actually think anybody on this board takes you serious when you predict what's going to happen for the next ten years ? If you know what Kessel's going to do, how about telling all of us how many times the B's will win the cup in the next ten years. That shouldn't be too hard with that special talent you have.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : Not being a Habs fan was easy.  I was born that way.  Team Canada was a very difficult decision.  In the end, you can't be a fan of your favorite team's #1 rival.  In this case, USA Hockey is my clear cut #1 international team.  How could I have a t-shirt supporting the squad that broke my heart on quite a few different occasions?  I'm a fan of almost every player on the team, and I'm a fan of a lot of fans of the team, but I cannot be a fan of the actual team.  Let's go Belarus!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Makes sense and that is what I thought .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : Coincidentally, I was at Barnes and Noble today perusing some hockey periodicals and there was a story - can't recall if it was in THN's yearbook or the NHL version - that pointed out the (pretty obvious) way teams like the Penguins, Blackhawks and Capitals went from the outhouse to the penthouse: Drafting stud players with top picks. Guys like Toews, Kane, Malkin, Crosby, Fleury, Ovechkin are going to make a much, much bigger impact than a Kessel. Hopefully we'll see Seguin added to that list. :-)
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

The Leafs have attached their fortunes, in part, to their crown jewel, PK.  No one doubts with his offensive skills, he'll play a major role in any progress they make to escape the lower portion of the league standings. 

Should the already-competitive Bruins reap the benefits of adding players through the draft who develop into those of significant impact as a direct result of the PK exchange, so much so the better for our club.  At that point, let all the conversations of who "won" the deal begin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Goals is what they need.  I love Krejci.  He has the ability to lead this team offensively.  Great goaltending and timely goals wins!  They do need more toughness.   Seems like the coach is not fond of warfare.  I think that inhibits them.
    Posted by joeye4[/QUOTE]

You don't score many goals from the penalty box.

That said, Julien has nothing against toughness. A huge part of the problem last year can be attributed to the same reason why goal-scoring was down: Injuries.

Chara had a mangled and dislocated finger (he contemplated surgery, but ulitmately decided against it) and wore a cast on his hand for much of the year. If you fight and injure someone while wearing a cast or a brace, it's an automatic suspension, and he couldn't afford to risk it. And even if he did, fighting with a dislocated finger is never a good idea.

Lucic, of course, had his high ankle sprain which limited his effectiveness in every department, but also broke his finger earlier in the year and suffered a broken nose in a fight with Colton Orr.

And just to complete the deal, remember that Mark Stuart was out for a considerable time with a broken sternum, and then ended up with a hand infection after breaking a finger (there we go again!) in a fight (a stupid one, being forced to defend himself after throwing a big but legit hit) with Wayne Simmonds, IIRC.

Overall, though, this team when healthy is tough to play against because when their system is firing on all cylinders, they're forechecking and backchecking effectively and breaking up passes and making pests of themselves. You don't have to deliver Phaneuf-style hits to be tough - if you've watched him for a while, you can see that his hits are crowd pleasers but often leave him well out of position and his team vulnerable to odd-man rushes. Better - though it's probably boring to the uninitiated - to play your position correctly and force a turnover by clogging up a passing lane. That's something the Bruins can do well (speaking of Krejci - so many times I've seen him break up plays in the slot on the backcheck - I just love to see that.) .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE HOCKEY NEWS PREDICTIONS FOR 2010-11 : You don't score many goals from the penalty box. That said, Julien has nothing against toughness. A huge part of the problem last year can be attributed to the same reason why goal-scoring was down: Injuries. Chara had a mangled and dislocated finger (he contemplated surgery, but ulitmately decided against it) and wore a cast on his hand for much of the year. If you fight and injure someone while wearing a cast or a brace, it's an automatic suspension, and he couldn't afford to risk it. And even if he did, fighting with a dislocated finger is never a good idea. Lucic, of course, had his high ankle sprain which limited his effectiveness in every department, but also broke his finger earlier in the year and suffered a broken nose in a fight with Colton Orr. And just to complete the deal, remember that Mark Stuart was out for a considerable time with a broken sternum, and then ended up with a hand infection after breaking a finger (there we go again!) in a fight (a stupid one, being forced to defend himself after throwing a big but legit hit) with Wayne Simmonds, IIRC. Overall, though, this team when healthy is tough to play against because when their system is firing on all cylinders, they're forechecking and backchecking effectively and breaking up passes and making pests of themselves. You don't have to deliver Phaneuf-style hits to be tough - if you've watched him for a while, you can see that his hits are crowd pleasers but often leave him well out of position and his team vulnerable to odd-man rushes. Better - though it's probably boring to the uninitiated - to play your position correctly and force a turnover by clogging up a passing lane. That's something the Bruins can do well (speaking of Krejci - so many times I've seen him break up plays in the slot on the backcheck - I just love to see that.) .  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Injuries seemingly only to happen to the Bruins!  Me thinks the issue is greater. Inexperience, overconfidence, and lack of fortitude doomed the Bs early in the season.  Seemingly, these same characteristics were came true in the playoffs.  Injuries ok, but let us not fathom 3-0 lead in games and in the 7th game as simply anatomical.  Let the thought be rising to the occasion, or better yet lack of depth as the reasons for failure. 29 teams fail, but injuries are not the only reason.