the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010

new florida gm dale tallon says he wants a 1st line center 2 play with steve weiss also wants a tough stay at home defensman.
    they have the 3rd pick = fowler,gormley,gudbrunson all d men
    last year they took kulikoff #1 d man made the team as rookie also have keaton ellerby..so they dont need to draft a d

trade krejci center #15 1st rd pick & stuart or ferrence
    we draft 2nd and third!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Re: the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010

Nix that deal Krejci if he can stay healthy for a change could be a premier forward in this league!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In Response to Re: the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010:
    Nix that deal Krejci if he can stay healthy for a change could be a premier forward in this league!
    Posted by mebackagin
    i don't want to deal krejci either
    but you have to give them a reason to part with the pick, wheeler and stuff wont do it
    if we get seguin maybe you don't miss  krejci..plus we add 3.7 mill to spend for a winger for savard
    plus a franchise de man plus plus plus  whats the down side??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krejci is the guy team's dream of drafting.  There is no need to trade for a high pick.  Krejci is already on the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Krejci is the guy team's dream of drafting.  There is no need to trade for a high pick.  Krejci is already on the team.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    who does   the dream  pass the puck to?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Id trade Bergie before Krejci because of their contract status. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010 : who does   the dream  pass the puck to?????
    Posted by paulbking

That is the big question that we're all waiting to see answered.  I have no idea what they're going to do to get a good scoring winger.  Whomever it is, I pray he doesn't arrive with some $8M seven year deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In Response to Re: the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010 : That is the big question that we're all waiting to see answered.  I have no idea what they're going to do to get a good scoring winger.  Whomever it is, I pray he doesn't arrive with some $8M seven year deal.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

if i could i would give them savard.but i think that would be seen as bad after signing a good deal, ya know.
    we really have a ton of centers one of them has to be able to play 3rd line center....right? colborne,hamil,sauve,sabotka,hey wheeler was a center his whole life, they trying to make him a power forward and maybe he's not?move him back  he could cover alot of ice cuz he can skate and he pass's better than he finish's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think the point is that if you do nothing, you add Seguin to Krejci and maybe Krejci passes to Seguin (my preference).  If you trade Krejci, #15, and Stuart (to pick and choose from your list), then Seguin only replaces the departed Krejci (a wash at best for at least a year or two) and the guy you draft #3 (probably Fowler or Gudbranson) isn't going to help Seguin out much.  He'll replace Stuart in the line-up, but with years less experience and physical maturity, meaning that's probably a short-term (2 years?) loss rather than a gain.  And that's not factoring in the other potential vaue of the #15 pick.  Even if the deal is just Krejci for #3?

If Seguin = Krejci (the logic that makes Krejci 'expendable'), then dealing Krejci to get the number three pick is basically trading the #2 pick for the #3 pick.

Krejci + #2 vs. Seguin + #3.  Krejci = Seguin, so #2 vs. #3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sorry Paul, but Wheeler's an awful passer in the offensive zone.  He's a rush killer when he decides he's going to pull up and look for the cross-ice pass.  The puck is routinely picked off or behind his target by a full stride.  Awful, awful passer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

I think the point is that if you do nothing, you add Seguin to Krejci and maybe Krejci passes to Seguin (my preference).  If you trade Krejci, #15, and Stuart (to pick and choose from your list), then Seguin only replaces the departed Krejci (a wash at best for at least a year or two) and the guy you draft #3 (probably Fowler or Gudbranson) isn't going to help Seguin out much.  He'll replace Stuart in the line-up, but with years less experience and physical maturity, meaning that's probably a short-term (2 years?) loss rather than a gain.  And that's not factoring in the other potential vaue of the #15 pick.  Even if the deal is just Krejci for #3? If Seguin = Krejci (the logic that makes Krejci 'expendable'), then dealing Krejci to get the number three pick is basically trading the #2 pick for the #3 pick. Krejci + #2 vs. Seguin + #3.  Krejci = Seguin, so #2 vs. #3.
    Posted by Bookboy007
    that is technically true,but i want to upgrade the team overall especialy add some TALENT on defence, we seem to have a few to many plumbers. i havent even seen video of gudbrunson, but gormley looks really good and fowler too. we would have about 9mill to spend on an upgrade on wing also.
    yeah  wheeler was a real reach!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010 : that is technically true,but i want to upgrade the team overall especialy add some TALENT on defence, we seem to have a few to many plumbers. i havent even seen video of gudbrunson, but gormley looks really good and fowler too. we would have about 9mill to spend on an upgrade on wing also. yeah  wheeler was a real reach!
    Posted by paulbking

Talent on defense like Mike Green, or talent like Chris Pronger?

You've seen videos of kids playing against kids.  That doesn't really mean too much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

My trade offer to Florida

To Florida

Zack Hamill
    Marc Stuart
    15 overall

To Boston

#3 overall

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My trade offer to Florida To Florida Zack Hamill Marc Stuart 15 overall To Boston #3 overall
    Posted by DarrenRyan9

Florida needs offense and defense.  I don't think an under achieving AHLer and a stay at home defenseman would do the trick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

My trade offer to Florida To Florida Zack Hamill Marc Stuart 15 overall To Boston #3 overall
    Posted by DarrenRyan9

I'd take this deal in a second, which I believe is 10 times longer then it would take Florida to turn it down, in fact I think it's so one-sided I don't even know if they would counter.  Replace Hamill and Stuart with Colbourne, Caron/Hunwick maybe they return the call but I still don't know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Posted by DarrenRyan9
    this trade has.......NOT-A-SHOT!!LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

To Florida: Bergeron (If assured he can be re-signed) and pick #15.  
    To Boston: Horton and pick #3.

NO PAIN .... NO GAIN.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

PART OF TRADING IS IF THE TEAM YOUR THINKING OF TRADING WITH ACTUALLY WANTS SOMETHING, TALLON WANTS A CENTER HE SAID THAT IN PRINT. now, you can counter and talk  and maybe deal.  your not getting pick # 3 or 4 for crap.b's centers
    1 savard
    2 bergeron
    3 krejci
    4 sabotka
    5 colborne
    6 sauve
    7 hamill
    8 arniel
    9 soderberg suposed to be coming over?
    10 seguin

think we can afford to deal krjci or bergy for a real stud weapon d man??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

To Florida: Bergeron (If assured he can be re-signed) and pick #15.   To Boston: Horton and pick #3. NO PAIN .... NO GAIN.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

I was a Horton fan from afar and always wanted him on the B's until I read about his lack of heart/motivation/emotion.  One of his nicknames is "No Pulse" Horton.  That sort of changed my tune on him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

haha ok i got shot down.....but to get a tough as nails stay at home defencemen, a crafty (but underacheiving) center and still get a good player at 15 doesnt seem outrageous to me....maybe i am still drunk from this weekend

i tell you what, ill throw in Sabotka

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I vote you are still drunk from this weekend!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010 : I was a Horton fan from afar and always wanted him on the B's until I read about his lack of heart/motivation/emotion.  One of his nicknames is "No Pulse" Horton.  That sort of changed my tune on him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

But he still has more intensity than Wheeler though. He looks like a power forward who can score 25 goals or so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In Response to Re: the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010 : But he still has more intensity than Wheeler though. He looks like a power forward who can score 25 goals or so.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer
    i agree id take a shot at horton, 25 yrs old 6'2" 225, average 27 goals playing with stiffs. might be like get out of jail free card for him. he has to come with the 3rd pick though

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: the hockey news truth & rumor roundup 5-20-2010
    krejci is the reason why the bruins didnt advance i wont trade krejci for noone Posted by lucicanator17

I was just about to type this I think Krejci is untouchable and Bs fans saw what he means to this against the Flyers. If Bergeron asks too much when PC approaches for an extension it just might be Patrice that goes in a trade because of his value.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

To Florida:
    Joe Colborne
    Denis Wideman
    1rst 10 (Bos #15)
    2nd 10 (Bos #45)
    1rst 11 (Bos ?) or they may demand the TO pick.

To Boston:
    Nathan Horton
    1rst (FLA #3)

Joe Colborne is a 1rst round pick with high potential (would like to keep him) 
    Denis Wideman can be a great puck moving offensive defenseman.

so in a sense we give them Wideman and a 1rst for Horton, and a 1rst, 2nd and Colborne for the #3 pick.

does this work or is it an overpayment?