The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan

Seriously. No matter what, the sky is falling. PC stinks. The B's stink. Every coaching move means Julien stinks. If the B's score, or if they win, then it's a fluke and the season will be over tomorrow.

We're not even 10 games in, yet the trolls and naysayers are at it full strenght. Even the morons who try to be all intelligent, second guessing the GM as though they know just as much about the team and it's personell as the GM does. Face it, you only know what you see on the internet, or in person. You don't know what the GM knows, and if he makes a move, there's a reason for it, whether you see it or not.

The B's will be fine. Just relax and stop embarassing us all by going all chicken little on us every time we don't play a perfect game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan

Best post ever!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

ignorance is bliss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

The Bruins are going to be great this year. I as very happy with the team performance last night. Who knows what would have happened if Ryders shot didn't hit the post

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The critical people (who can bring up useful points), and even the people that have crossed that line over to the other side of critical aren't that bad.
    The people that insist on dredging up posts from a year (or three) ago are the ones that really disappoint me.  I know it says "Old-time hockey talk happens here" at the top of the forum, but I am pretty sure that is not what was intended.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zombietraine. Show Zombietraine's posts

agreed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck55. Show chuck55's posts

In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan:
    [QUOTE]agreed
    Posted by Zombietraine[/QUOTE]

couldnt agree more..i was quite happy with the way they played last night considering the situation

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Bruins have played pretty well the past two games despite missing their two best forwards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins got 3 of 4 pts. for the first time this season and could have got the win if Rydes shot had not gone off the post. These boys played very hard last nite and diserve credit for giving the Flyers a run. Even Whitfield tried to full Looch's shoes alittle with some fist-a-cuffs, he lost but He tried. All we as fans can ask is the Bruins give the effort and we got that so until Looch and Savy get back this is how we should play and we have to back the boys up. Go Bruins most of us are behind you and the other ignorant fans should just give it a break , the boys will be back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

I'm not going to say much, because I don't like posting anymore. But this is exactly why I don't.Some of the people who claim to be "die hard fans" aren't even real fans. 

I barely read this stuff anymore because it kills the mood of the game for me. I could careless about PC, or Jacobs. Because yeah they may eff up, and raise ticket prices. But at the end of the day when it comes to the actual game, they don't matter enough to cry about it all the freakin time. Especially when we can't do anything about it.

It may say " old time hockey talk happens here" or whatever, but by old time hockey they do not mean "Let's B*tch about what happened 2 years ago."

some of you people need to grow a pair, and support your team. You are embarrassing the rest of us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Very well said. I don't post much here these days, because I'm weary of the stupidity and the nay-saying. Sports is supposed to be fun, and I enjoy discussing my team with other fans, not defending my team to morons.

And I really don't get it. Why follow a sports team if it makes you that miserable that they're not perfect? It's either that, or some people just enjoy making themselves miserable and reveling in it, which is pretty creepy when you think about it.

It's too bad. I went to the Nashville game, and had such a good time. Last night's game was exciting. It'd be fun to share that excitement with fellow fans, and there are quite a few here who I'd enjoy discussing it with. Too bad we can't start our own board for intelligent hockey talk - No Negative Nellies allowed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Its only worse at the games you know.. I hate my seats, some loud obnoxious guy behind me just booing the entire time.. yelling "shoot" and "hit some one" the whole game..and then when the do score cheering them back on.. so fickle its disturbing, I can only assume his wife hates her seat worse then myself...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

To DaveCarr, who started this thread:

You know, it's fine to want to be upbeat about your team. It's fine to get annoyed with posters like me who tend to see the negative in this squad. It's fine to say you wish everyone would enjoy the games for what they are instead of whining about the GM's moves and ownership (even though I think real fans SHOULD complain about those folks so they're at least somewhat accountable and don't get too comfortable putting mediocre product on the ice every year.)

What's NOT fine is criticizing those half-glass-empty folks and then adding (as if YOU KNOW) "The Bruins are going to be just fine."

THAT's where you lose me. You DON'T know they're going to be just fine--it's your opinion...and if you;re allowed to express such an opinion--especially when the facts right now point in the opposite direction given the injuries, the standings, and the obviously better-talented teams in the same conference--than other FANS, yes FANS, should be allowed to express their belief that no, the Bruins in fact are NOT going to be just fine, without fear of getting ostracized by the pom-pom-wavers-only committee.

Oh, and I agree that I can't stand seeing posts about trades and teams of past years. That I think we can agree on is a total waste of space and in fact makes no sense at all. Let's at least talk about the present, even if we disagree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan:
    [QUOTE]To DaveCarr, who started this thread: You know, it's fine to want to be upbeat about your team. It's fine to get annoyed with posters like me who tend to see the negative in this squad. It's fine to say you wish everyone would enjoy the games for what they are instead of whining about the GM's moves and ownership (even though I think real fans SHOULD complain about those folks so they're at least somewhat accountable and don't get too comfortable putting mediocre product on the ice every year.) Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

That's the thing though - for one thing, this is NOT a mediocre product; the Bruins are one of the top teams in the NHL. The nay-saying Boston fans may not think so, but just ask a Flyers fan, or a Wings fan, and they'll tell you they fear the Bruins almost more than any other team. I know, because I know people who are those fans.

Perhaps more importantly, complaining about those folks here is not going to make them accountable. You can post a thousand times about Jacobs' cheapness (which I still don't understand, as the Bruins are about as close to the cap as you can get - perhaps some fans think this is Nashville, not Boston?) or Chiarelli's moves. The problem is, they don't read these forums. Your posts are going to have no effect on them whatsoever. All they're going to do is annoy the living daylights out of fans who want to discuss the team, not hear for the thousandth time that Jacobs is a cheapskate, or that they would be a better GM than Peter Chiarelli. 

I would rather discuss whether putting Sobotka on a line with Krejci is a good idea, or whether Hamill's ready for the NHL or needs more seasoning in Providence, or why Paille was in Lindy Ruff's doghouse (it's looking like a Ryder/Carbonneau situation to me), instead of complaining that CHIARELLI IS A LOUSY CAP MANAGER and JACOBS IS A CHEAPSKATE WHO CHARGES TOO MUCH FOR BEER! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

4-4-1 is as mediocre as you can get. not trying to be negative, more realistic.

(and yes I understand that Lucic & Savard are out)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davids508. Show Davids508's posts

When I 1st started followin the B's,Sugar Jim Henry was the Goalie,and Fern Flaman wore the "C".You get my point....it was 60 yrs ago.I dont mind seeing the B's lose,I really dont.I'm a realist.They play 82 games.They're gonna lose some.But what I DO mind is seeing them getting pushed around by the opposition.They played a pretty good game last night.The only thing they were missin was someone to neutralize Carcillo and Lappy.I know Lucic and Thornton are hurt,and I expected Lefebvre to be dressed last night to help with the rough stuff,but for some reason he wasnt.I really wouldnt mind the Bruins pickin up a McGrattan(If he's behavin himself off ice),or a Boogaard.The B's are a small team,they could use a "Policeman".Last year the Bruins hit,they fought and they won.This year,even when Lucic and Thornton were healthy,there was very little hitting and even less fighting.I'm not advocating goin out and getting a bunch of tough guys,Brian Burke is trying that in Toronto,and so far it isnt working for him,alhtough it did in Anaheim,but keeping one legit enforcer on a team is not a bad idea.Thornton doesnt really fit that role,he's too talented to expect him to.Same with Lucic.Just my opinion.I dont mind seein em lose,but the lack of intensity gets to me.   

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

Duinne- If there was a President for this board, you'd have my vote. I seriously agree with everything you say. Everytime. Pure genious.

TrytoBearit said:
    "THAT's where you lose me. You DON'T know they're going to be just fine--it's your opinion...and if you;re allowed to express such an opinion--especially when the facts right now point in the opposite direction given the injuries, the standings, and the obviously better-talented teams in the same conference--than other FANS, yes FANS, should be allowed to express their belief that no, the Bruins in fact are NOT going to be just fine, without fear of getting ostracized by the pom-pom-wavers-only committee."

You are kind of contradicting yourself here. You say that he doesn't know if they will be fine. But how do you know that they won't. We just pulled up a bunch of players, and no one has any idea how the season is going to play out yet because no one has seen these guys play together more than 2 games. For a team that has barely any experience playing together, i thought they did quite well last night.

I am not trying to start a debate with you, I always take what you have to say into consideration. So don't take that personal. I just didn't think what you said made much sense.

But I will never understand why people come on these boards, if all they want to do is put them down, and try to proove why they are the bigger fan.
    No one cares...

and stop yelling SHOOT and HIT HIM when it is impossible to do so.... ( i agree with the poster who said that.. it annoys the shiite out of me.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If people think it's "a mediocre product" year after year, it's because they are frustrated with a team not winning the Cup for a long, long time.

However, until the Patriots won 3 Superbowls and the Red Sox won 2 World Series in the last decade, those two teams had gone much longer without a championship.

There were likely many Patroits fans in 2002 saying that they were sick of the mediocre product. I know there were legions of Red Sox fans moaning as late as Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS that the Red Sox are a disgrace...many of those people are still on the bandwagon 'til this day.

Just as imafan and TryToBearIt will be on the Bruins bandwagon the minute they hoist the Cup in the air.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

[QUOTE]4-4-1 is as mediocre as you can get. not trying to be negative, more realistic. (and yes I understand that Lucic & Savard are out)
    Posted by ocram[/QUOTE]

I think 0-7-1 is as mediocre as you get....and if you don't want me to harp on Toronto we can talk about Florida, Nashville, New York Isles, or even San Jose.  There are several "playoff" teams playing poorly at the start of this season and several teams that were supposed to be horrible playing well (Colorado, Phoenix).  Perspective.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

You're so right davecarr, 

I concur with most of the people here in support of you. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

[QUOTE]you two kids go off to the corner and give each other a hug you've done your job. for each runner-up in todays contest, Lassie will decorate a tree in Isreal in your name!
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

$crew Isreal..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If people want to rip the Bruins who cares. I'm 44 and been following them since the glory years. I don't go to message boards or blogs and rip them but I understand anyone who does. Bruins ownership and management have failed to put a champ on the ice for a long time.They have also traded away many a star over the years in the interest of fiscal responsibility. I don't read too many of the Bruins threads so I'm not sure what they're saying that's all that bad but I can tell you that there are Pats fans out there that think we should have traded Tom Brady. For me it's a good chance to call someone an idiot which is one of my favorite things to do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

I'm fine with a .500 record until the winter classic (39 games), thats my perspective.

what is wrong with calling it like you see it?  Last time I checked 4-4-1 IS mediocre! (a small sample, yes, but, almost 11% of the season),  no other way to say it.  couch it anyway you'd like to. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicismycopilot. Show lucicismycopilot's posts

when they cleaned house and brought in chiarelli, my general thought at the time was that they'd need 2-4 years to put together something that could be a viable product, and 4-7 years to have a true ecosystem...one that could sustain a perenial contender.  The fact that last year appears to have put them a bit ahead of this schedule is great, but I don't think it's anything to get too worked up about. 

Kessel?  Whatever. 
    +/-, team identity, grit, goal differntial.  Meaningful.

Gotta think big picture.  Are the general decisions and directions leading to a top-to-bottom team identity, and something that we can all be proud of, or are they totally off course.  If I were to give a grade on that score thus far, I'd say PC, et al are about a B+.

I'm hopeful.