The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from drahcir61. Show drahcir61's posts

Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan

I've come to realize that there are 2 types of fans, those who love the sport for what it is, entertainment!  These fans support the team whether they win or lose (nobody likes to lose but it happens).  The glass is usually half full & the sky is definitely not falling.

Then there are the other fans who'll complain about anything.  The glass is always half empty.  The GM screwed up, the coach should be fired, blah blah blah.  These types also tend to be the conspiracy theorists.  You know, Jacobs has this master plan to put a "mediocre product" on the ice, year after year.  Or Kevin Paul Dupont & his articles are responsible for "running guys out of town".  Sorry, I'm not buying either.

I feel fortunate to have seen the Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox, & yes even the Bruins win championships.  It doesn't happen every year, it can't happen every year ... & there are MANY cities envious of Boston's sports teams.  It's very easy to play Monday morning quarterback & complain that the Bruins should have done this or should have done that 8 or 10 years ago.  I don't live in the past, especially not about sports.

What the Bruins did in the past has absolutely no bearing on what happens in '09-'10.  I'm an optimist, they have a glut of picks & they have cap room so they'll try to make this team better before the playoffs.  In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the next game for what it is ... entertainment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chokeme. Show chokeme's posts

Why someone would say "this is one of the top teams in the NHL" is beyond me. Why is that said? They didn't get past round 2 of the playoffs last year. They've started this season completely mediocre. Why not say last year was just a very energetic, but way overachieving group? To say "they will be fine" is purely hope and optimism, not a fact. That's not a bad thing to have, but some of you need to become a bit more pragmatic. Saying they are terrible is not negative, it's just stating an early season fact. Sure, they could turn it around, but they've showed no signs yet this season that they are " a top team in the NHL"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah - the Parcells thing is like a zen koan - you are what your record says you are.  Right now, the Bruins are a .500 hockey team.  That's a fact.  But facts are boring.

Once you get into 'should' - comparing the quality of the talent or the performance on the ice to the results - you're into interpretation, and the only way to distinguish a troll from a sheep is to wait for more evidence to come in.  Worse, we get into Gambler's Fallacy territory by expecting that the priciples of building a Cup-winning hockey team are altered by the length of time between championships.  You build a Cup team the same way, with the same tools, the day after your last Cup win until the next Cup win no matter how far apart those dates are.

All that said, I'll back TTBearIt on one point: the only way to 'hit back' if you're unhappy with the team is keep your wallet in your pocket.  Unfortunately, if there are enough other people willing to pay for tickets and jerseys and programs and beer, your protest has almost no weight.  This is the problem in Toronto.  The corporate shills don't care if the ticket costs $1500/game, they expense them.  Doesn't matter that they associate their businesses with a loser of a team on the ice; the franchise is a lion on the balance sheet.  The building's always sold out, and the "Leaf Nation" buys anything with a blue leaf on it.  There is absolutely no business benefit to the Leafs winning anything ever.  The only thing you can do as a fan to try and change that is convince other people to stop buying tickets.  So if the Jacobs haters and time-counters (back to '72) want to stir up a frenzy for winning NOW and at all costs, more power to them.  Better than that Leaf Nation complacency. 

All I ask is that people do more than "chienne" about ownership.  If the negativity and insults are driving duinne and others who think things through off the boards, that pisses me off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from relicsun. Show relicsun's posts

I agree with davecarr. But real fans, specially those who where born in 72, have been clinging on to this team with all the love they ever had. So 16, 18, 21, 28 year olds may not understand and spout things in ignorance. I too am very tired of hearing about Kessel! I too am tired about hearing how bad they think Krejci is.
    Fools with no clue is what I chalk this up to be.
    KESS DID WANT TO PLAY HERE!
    KREJCI CAME BACK FROM A GREAT INJURY THAT HE PLAYED WITH MOST OF THE SEASON LAST YEAR AND STILL HAD 73 POINTS. The man is AWESOME!
    So davecarr just know that there are a few of us that think PC is doing a fantastic job. This team will be in the playoff. This team will be one of the best if not the best going into the playoff. Now for those that remember the 90's and all the first round exits please don't compare this team to them.
    Different players, coach, and management. Yes same owner but this time this team is run PC's way. That being said things just do not happen so we are lucky to see a team that just made it in to the playoff end up bing first in almost every category and SMASHED the Hab-nots.
    Yes another early exit but if you don't like this team than go away.
    I bleed black and gold. I will always be a fan and will most times be positive because PC (For those of you who don't remember the great job Sinden and O'Connell did in the 90's) has given me a reason. CJ has given me a reason.
    TT has given me a reason. ML has given me a reason. MS has given me reason.
    Leafs hopefully ending in last place are given me reasons to believe.
    So fellow BRUINS fans lets just keep believing and cheer them on. Point out what makes this team good. Stop point to things that have no barring on this team.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan:
    [QUOTE]But I will never understand why people come on these boards, if all they want to do is put them down, and try to proove why they are the bigger fan. No one cares...
    Posted by Michelle-[/QUOTE]
    Everyone likes to have their opinions validated.  One of the surest ways to get a person fired up is to tell them that their opinion has no merit.

I just try to avoid butting heads with the people here who are dead set in their bitterness over the Bruins' past failures.  They have their reasons for feeling that way, and nothing I say will change that. 

That said, some of the negativity that rains down from the nay-sayers does get tiresome.  The Harry Sinden era is over.  PC and his group are trying to build a winner, and perhaps more importantly, they are trying to remake the Bruins as a team that players want to come play for.  It is taking time, but they are slowly washing the stink of Harry Sinden off of the team.  You wouldn't have heard a Mark Savard type player saying that he was willing to take a discount to stay with the Bruins ten years ago.  That right there has to count for something.

Another thing that has been a point of contention so far this young season is the fact that the expectations have been much higher this season than seasons in the recent past.  Many people expected the Bruins to hit the ice flying this season.  Instead, they have been discombobulated and frustrating to watch.  For people who view the team in a negative light, it is obviously a sign of things to come.  For the glass half full crowd, it is just growing pains that the team is working to overcome.  Who's right?  Nobody will know until the end of the season. 

I guess what I am getting at is that most of us are fans of the same team.  Agree or disagree, we should be able to get our points across without insulting those with differing viewpoints.  As we have seen, all insults do is create more rancor and drag down the general decorum here.  There has to be a better way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from relicsun. Show relicsun's posts

Sorry KESS DID NOT WANT TO PLAY HERE IS WHAT I meant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

3 points out of 4 without Savard & Looch

You are a total Moron

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan :   I guess what I am getting at is that most of us are fans of the same team.  Agree or disagree, we should be able to get our points across without insulting those with differing viewpoints.  As we have seen, all insults do is create more rancor and drag down the general decorum here.  There has to be a better way.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

Michelle should stick to her cheetoh eating while watching The View & Oprah. We don't need her soccer mom mentality when it comes to professional sports.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

[QUOTE]Michelle should stick to her cheetoh eating while watching The View & Oprah. We don't need her soccer mom mentality when it comes to professional sports.
    Posted by damngood[/QUOTE]

You're right. I have a casseroll to get out of the oven, what in god's name was I even thinking when I decided to post here?!... Thanks for reminding me how incompetent I am when it comes to sports damngood. What would I ever do without you?!..

hmmm....f*ck you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE] this place is a joke.
    Posted by woofwoof69[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

That's why I have so much fun, it would be so boring to listen to sensible people reinforcing their love for Chara and Julien.

It gets old when it becomes so censored that it is just a massive lovefest.

Don't get aggravated by the negative stuff, just laugh at it. It's a product of our sick society for these people to go to a chat board and try to annoy the regulars. Some are so outrageous in their demeaning of the team, the owners and the fans it's just hilarious. It's quite obvious what they are trying to do. They are trying to get a rise out of people. They are trying to anger you .

Just laugh at it, have some fun with it. The internet is not real , it goes away as soon as you log off. Not like real life.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I think 99% of people who post here are die hard bruin fans who want to see thier team win, myself included. Some also seem to take pleasure in constantly ripping the Bruins at every opportunity, others refuse to acknowledge any of the obvious shortcomings this team displays. I would suggest that niether group deals in reality very much.

Comments like the Bruins have the best set of forwards in the NHL, or when some of our players are mentioned in the same group as the likes of Ovechkin, or how they are the favourite to win the cup etc... I'm not sure that qualifies someone as a better fan then someone who thinks those type of comments are ridiculous.
    Overtly positive comments aren't any more accurate than some who continues to pull up old negative threads, niether provide any real insight concerning the evaluation of the pros and or cons of this team...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

I am a die hard Bruinso therefore.....it gives me the right and knowledge to say..

Bruins suk

PC suks

Julien suks

TT suks

The D suks

The PP suks

The PK suks..

But if the Bs win a few in a row ..yaaaaa Bruins.

Take a pill people.  Effort was there last night.  Good performance from all lines.

Its not the first 12 games of the season that count ITS THE LAST 12!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

I need help.........please...

I went tovthe doctor and he told me I have a Tuka Rask on my thigh.

He gave a cortisone cream and told me not to scratch it..

Any comments..hints or suggestions...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

It must be an unrewarding pass-time-- to go on a discussion board and post disappointment.

A man suc ks it up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

Lots of valid points and yes there are always going to be posts that make one shake his or her head but to state that "the ignorance makes you feel ashamed" is going a bit overboard.

Having differing opinions is what makes these fan forums fun, some topics do get really old and some posters harp on the negative or postive.  But in the end we are all B's fans and want to see them do well and hopefully win a cup someday.

Let's lay off the Hockey Mom, if the lady wants to post then let her post and don't be an @$$hole about it.  If it bothers you that much you can always hit the ignore button like a true coward

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pentaxian82. Show Pentaxian82's posts

In Response to The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan:
    [QUOTE]Seriously. No matter what, the sky is falling. PC stinks. The B's stink. Every coaching move means Julien stinks. If the B's score, or if they win, then it's a fluke and the season will be over tomorrow. We're not even 10 games in, yet the trolls and naysayers are at it full strenght. Even the morons who try to be all intelligent, second guessing the GM as though they know just as much about the team and it's personell as the GM does. Face it, you only know what you see on the internet, or in person. You don't know what the GM knows, and if he makes a move, there's a reason for it, whether you see it or not. The B's will be fine. Just relax and stop embarassing us all by going all chicken little on us every time we don't play a perfect game.
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

I get a good laugh everytime I read comments like this... people who feel righteous.  If you're not from Boston you just wouldn't understand it's a love hate city when it comes to it's teams.  And even if you do live or around Boston and still don't understand, you must be living under a rock or so dilusional you should consider taking some serious medication.  People may bash how the Bruins are currently playing... that doesn't make them bad fans.  Bad fans would bash the bruins and not want them to win.  I think we all wan the Bruins to win.  Most of us are just realistic.  Unlike the fans who feel the bruins can do no wrong and ask "What have you done?", we ask "what have you done lately?".    The answer... not so much except lose every other game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

It would be foolish to expect everyone to post glowingly positive posts about our club.  Folks are critical when they feel its appropriate to do so.  What seems to irritate some posters is the perception of nit-picking wrapped around outlandish and logic-defying comments.  Yeah, some said what good was last year's 116 point season if it didn't deliver the Cup, which is what the game is all about.
    There's no denying that!  Others, like myself, prefer to view that same, completely justified issue from a different perspective; that is, to see last year as another stepping stone in the club's hopeful development into a championship team especially when we all remember what a laughing-stock the Bruins were just a few short years ago.  We're really all fans of the Boston Bruins.  We just choose to approach our support and view of the team from different directions.  (By the way, count me in on the "Duinne For Board President."  She's already "The Queen!")

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Duinne- If there was a President for this board, you'd have my vote. I seriously agree with everything you say. Everytime. Pure genious. TrytoBearit said: "THAT's where you lose me. You DON'T know they're going to be just fine--it's your opinion...and if you;re allowed to express such an opinion--especially when the facts right now point in the opposite direction given the injuries, the standings, and the obviously better-talented teams in the same conference--than other FANS, yes FANS, should be allowed to express their belief that no, the Bruins in fact are NOT going to be just fine, without fear of getting ostracized by the pom-pom-wavers-only committee." You are kind of contradicting yourself here. You say that he doesn't know if they will be fine. But how do you know that they won't. We just pulled up a bunch of players, and no one has any idea how the season is going to play out yet because no one has seen these guys play together more than 2 games. For a team that has barely any experience playing together, i thought they did quite well last night. I am not trying to start a debate with you, I always take what you have to say into consideration. So don't take that personal. I just didn't think what you said made much sense. But I will never understand why people come on these boards, if all they want to do is put them down, and try to proove why they are the bigger fan. No one cares... and stop yelling SHOOT and HIT HIM when it is impossible to do so.... ( i agree with the poster who said that.. it annoys the shiite out of me.)
    Posted by Michelle-[/QUOTE]

Duinne, I agree you are the intelligence I look for in a posting.  I actually look for your name.  I  am thus a sports stalker looking for intelligent Bruins people, ha.  I dislike the comments about the "old school thinking" as being outdated. Young Bruins fans can be also very naive on the workings of professional sports (blind faith).  So I support hard core original thinking.  Duinne you get my vote.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins have played pretty well the past two games despite missing their two best forwards.
    Posted by Pezell04x[/QUOTE]

Missing three of their top fwds from last year.  wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]If the negativity and insults are driving duinne and others who think things through off the boards, that pisses me off.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Why duinne quit ?? nah she'll be back .
    Wow , I stay away for one day and all hell breaks loose ??? What's going my hockey passionates ?
    I see tuukainnets and davecarr started similar posts.
    No worries trolls will always be around , always. 
    Just continue your good words and we'll all follow.
    Anyways aren't we all a bunch of sheep ! BLACK SHEEP that is !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]  We're really all fans of the Boston Bruins.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

That's highly debatable.

There are so many trolls who lurk on these boards , it's sometimes hard to tell the disgruntled crybabies from the trolls.

Constructive criticism is one thing, being downright insulting to fellow fans who chose to have more faith than you is just rude and indicates that the person delivering the message is a lowlife. You can have an opinion that contradicts another's without acting like a filthy mouthed slob or an ignorant nitwit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Its called freedom of speech ! not everyone is a HOMER...being a fan of hockey does not mean you cannot be critical of your home team

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Its called freedom of speech ! not everyone is a HOMER...being a fan of hockey does not mean you cannot be critical of your home team
    Posted by anthony3063[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between being critical and being a Negative Nelly and a  moron. That's what the discussion is about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan:[QUOTE]The critical people (who can bring up useful points), and even the people that have crossed that line over to the other side of critical aren't that bad. The people that insist on dredging up posts from a year (or three) ago are the ones that really disappoint me.  I know it says "Old-time hockey talk happens here" at the top of the forum, but I am pretty sure that is not what was intended. Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Very well put DRCC as always short comments but very concise!

@RichmondHillOntario another well put comment! "It would be foolish to expect everyone to post glowingly positive posts about our club.  Folks are critical when they feel its appropriate to do so.  What seems to irritate some posters is the perception of nit-picking wrapped around outlandish and logic-defying comments."
    @Zilla QFT! "However, until the Patriots won 3 Superbowls and the Red Sox won 2 World Series in the last decade, those two teams had gone much longer without a championship. There were likely many Patroits fans in 2002 saying that they were sick of the mediocre product.

I know there were legions of Red Sox fans moaning as late as Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS that the Red Sox are a disgrace...many of those people are still on the bandwagon 'til this day.

The reason(s) I will never give up on the Boston Bruins are the same as when I watched Game 4 of the 2004 Red Sox-Yankees ALCS. Faced with being down 3-0 the Sox found away to come back. There's always that die hard hope to never give up Never quit.

This Bruins management team , that has made some mistakes, is very different and good! As far as some of the negativity, rants, opinions, trolls etc.

That's the life of jumping on a discussion board to post. Always be ready for the unexpected and Ignorance. Crazy people who bring back 4 year old threads makes me feel very sane indeed. Never ashamed to be a Bs fan though Never!