The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan

In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan:
    [QUOTE]Its called freedom of speech ! not everyone is a HOMER...being a fan of hockey does not mean you cannot be critical of your home team
    Posted by anthony3063[/QUOTE]

You do not have "freedom of speech" on these boards. There are rules and guidelines. When you refer to someone as a "homer" or a "sheep" it is as degrading as calling them an "idiot" or a "moron".

You have freedom of speech in your living room.

Moderators have bounced many posters from these boards, because they exercised "freedom of speech".

Too many are crossing the line of being critical of the team and being overly obnoxious towards faithful fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pentaxian82. Show Pentaxian82's posts

It's funny how the globe moderators pick and choose what they filter and not filter.   For instance... if i were to call Ted Kennedy a red faced drunk who murdered an innocent young woman by abandoning the scene of an accident and reporting it 10 hours later to police after he conveniently sobered up showered and read the current issue of the Globe that day, my comment would be bumped faster than I could blink.  But of course this is a hockey discussion and most people don't read them.  So I hope this stays... you don't know how many legitimate comments of mine have been removed.  The only thing the globe is good for is starting my barbecue. 

Sorry for the tangent... I had to get that off my chest.

Go Bruins.... Yeah!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

As far as I'm concerned, if fans of our club, regardless of the manner in which they choose to voice their opinions, ever reach a state of APATHY, that's when its OVER! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan:
    [QUOTE]As far as I'm concerned, if fans of our club, regardless of the manner in which they choose to voice their opinions, ever reach a state of APATHY, that's when its OVER! 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Good point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]If people think it's "a mediocre product" year after year, it's because they are frustrated with a team not winning the Cup for a long, long time. However, until the Patriots won 3 Superbowls and the Red Sox won 2 World Series in the last decade, those two teams had gone much longer without a championship. There were likely many Patroits fans in 2002 saying that they were sick of the mediocre product. I know there were legions of Red Sox fans moaning as late as Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS that the Red Sox are a disgrace...many of those people are still on the bandwagon 'til this day. Just as imafan and TryToBearIt will be on the Bruins bandwagon the minute they hoist the Cup in the air.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is what I'm talking about. I'm not "fan" enough for you b/c I dare to point out this team's shortcomings. But you're such a genius you actually believe this B's team is going to hoist the Cup this year. Are you serious? You really think this is THE year for the Bruins with THIS team? THat they are better than the Pns, Caps, Flyers, Wings, Sharks, Blackhawks........unreal. I simply don't know what world some of you people are living in.

There's being a fan, and then there's being a fanatic. And fanatics are delusional.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan : That's the thing though - for one thing, this is NOT a mediocre product; the Bruins are one of the top teams in the NHL. The nay-saying Boston fans may not think so, but just ask a Flyers fan, or a Wings fan, and they'll tell you they fear the Bruins almost more than any other team. I know, because I know people who are those fans. Perhaps more importantly, complaining about those folks here is not going to make them accountable. You can post a thousand times about Jacobs' cheapness (which I still don't understand, as the Bruins are about as close to the cap as you can get - perhaps some fans think this is Nashville, not Boston?) or Chiarelli's moves. The problem is, they don't read these forums . Your posts are going to have no effect on them whatsoever. All they're going to do is annoy the living daylights out of fans who want to discuss the team, not hear for the thousandth time that Jacobs is a cheapskate, or that they would be a better GM than Peter Chiarelli.  I would rather discuss whether putting Sobotka on a line with Krejci is a good idea, or whether Hamill's ready for the NHL or needs more seasoning in Providence, or why Paille was in Lindy Ruff's doghouse (it's looking like a Ryder/Carbonneau situation to me), instead of complaining that CHIARELLI IS A LOUSY CAP MANAGER and JACOBS IS A CHEAPSKATE WHO CHARGES TOO MUCH FOR BEER!   
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Please. You don't really think I post here thinking jacobs and /or PC are going to read my posts and say "he's right! Let's do what this guy says"?....do you??? Give me at least a LITTLE credit!

But your point that it makes more sense to post endlessly instead about whether Sobotka should be up playing w/Wheeler or Krejci or whoever is just as useless, isn't it? Do you think Julien is reading YOUR posts and saying "hey, she's right! I'm gonna shuffle my lines now"!

Now, I know you DON'T think that. So then your posts are essentially as meaningless as mine. We're all writing here b/c we feel a need to express ourselves, even if it leads to angry arguments and some unnecessarily obnoxious comments. None of us are delusional enough (I hope) to think any of our ideas have any bearing on what the team does. But my issues w/JJ and PC's moves are every bit as worthwhile as you starting threads about whether Sturm can score more than 20 goals.

And my bottom line is this: I have more proof than you do that the Bruins are still a mediocre franchise: 1) No championship since 1972 and 2) All of two wins past the first round of playoffs in the past 11 years. I'd say I'm being GENEROUS calling that mediocre.

(and don't feed me any nonsense about the ultra-meaningless President's Trophy and the 116-pt. regular season in '08. It means nothing. Playoff success is what defines great franchises in a league where 50% of teams in a conference make the post-season. Until and unless the Bruins show real sustained success in the playoffs--and especially hoist a Stanley Cup--I reserve the right to be as critical of their management as I want to be. These forums weren't set up for just the "sun is always shining" crowd, as distressing as that is for those of you who see nothing but the good in a team that hasn't improved its roster since getting KO'd in the 2nd round last year.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

the very fact there is a hockey board sort of makes the thread pointless...ignorance of fans is rampant in every sport...rather than making a statement of shame, point out that there are actually Bruins fans who still follow the team...That in itself is amazing considering how the town is Sox/Pats heavy with a dose of rejuvenated Celts thrown in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

[QUOTE]the very fact there is a hockey board sort of makes the thread pointless...ignorance of fans is rampant in every sport...rather than making a statement of shame, point out that there are actually Bruins fans who still follow the team...That in itself is amazing considering how the town is Sox/Pats heavy with a dose of rejuvenated Celts thrown in.
    Posted by dcater[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. I imagine that this board looks like what the Sox/Pats/Celts boards would've looked like 10 years ago, had such a thing existed. Lets face it: success in the modern era of pro sports is pretty hard to come by.

As it is, I'm happy to have this board just to see people talking about the Bruins and hockey at all, difficult as it is to find anyone who gives a rat's you-know enough to speak intelligently about it in real life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan:
    [QUOTE]Seriously. No matter what, the sky is falling. PC stinks. The B's stink. Every coaching move means Julien stinks. If the B's score, or if they win, then it's a fluke and the season will be over tomorrow. We're not even 10 games in, yet the trolls and naysayers are at it full strenght. Even the morons who try to be all intelligent, second guessing the GM as though they know just as much about the team and it's personell as the GM does. Face it, you only know what you see on the internet, or in person. You don't know what the GM knows, and if he makes a move, there's a reason for it, whether you see it or not. The B's will be fine. Just relax and stop embarassing us all by going all chicken little on us every time we don't play a perfect game.
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

Bravo...well said.  To tell the truth, I can't understand why all the whiners don't just go follow another team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan : Wow, this is what I'm talking about. I'm not "fan" enough for you b/c I dare to point out this team's shortcomings. But you're such a genius you actually believe this B's team is going to hoist the Cup this year. Are you serious? You really think this is THE year for the Bruins with THIS team? THat they are better than the Pns, Caps, Flyers, Wings, Sharks, Blackhawks........unreal. I simply don't know what world some of you people are living in. There's being a fan, and then there's being a fanatic. And fanatics are delusional.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

No where in any of my comments made have I ever indicated that I believe the Bruins will win the Cup this season.

No where have I ever said that the Bruins are better or worse than any other NHL team.

I am a Bruins fan, plain and simple. They had some very weak teams in the 90's , they had some very strong teams in the 70's and 80's, this decade had been mostly weak teams with a few seasons of improved play. I see a huge improvement in the last two seasons. I would like to see that continue.

I am not a "delusional fanatic"- I like pro hockey and the Bruins have been my team since I began watching some 40 years ago.

It doesn't matter if they win or lose, I am a fan of the team. And I see no constructive purpose for calling loyal followers names and trying to convince them that the team will always s *ck and they should b*tch and complain and whine about it. If doing those things would bring a Stanley Cup to Boston , I'd be there p*ssin' and moanin' about it, right along side of you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TobiasHeffernan. Show TobiasHeffernan's posts

i wouldn't neccessarily say im ashamed to be a fan because of a handfull of yahoos on boston.com. it is quite annoying when fans are already talking about how jacobs is awful and the team isnt good enough and the players we have arent as good as what we could have and on on and on...its October...chill

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In the end, yeah, this all means about as much as an empty net goal in an 8-1 game.  The conflicts are so bitter because the stakes are so small.  But I'll say this - I prefer meaningless debates that require me to think about the game on the ice to the ones that make me think about the boardroom and cubicle and balance sheet.  Or, hey, we could do that...but I get paid for that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

lighten up everyone is entitled to an opinion and when a team  hasn't won since 1972 and last finals was 1990 fans can be critical. Just because someone is critical doesn't mean the are not a fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]lighten up everyone is entitled to an opinion and when a team  hasn't won since 1972 and last finals was 1990 fans can be critical. Just because someone is critical doesn't mean the are not a fan.
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

It bears repeating: There is a huge diffeence between intelligent, reasoned criticism and constant moaning and wailing about how this team S**CKS because JACOBS IS A CHEAPSKATE and CHIARELLI CAN'T MANAGE THE CAP and other rantings.

Frankly, I don't give a hoot about Jacobs. The Bruins spend to the cap, and I don't waste my time thinking about the owner. I also don't care what the Bruins did ten years ago, or five years ago, and I don't think the players do either. A lot of fans seem to spend an inordinant about of time obessesing about Bruins teams who were failing when David Krejci was in diapers. How is that relevant? Unless you want to keep wallowing in misery, it isn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

pre-salary cap, jacobs deserved every bit of his venom thrown torn him. post-salary cap, which is something he advocated which now makes sense from his fiscal ways, not much you can do. the gm hired chiarelli was a model of theo epstein's sox, the hiring of julien was almost like hiring bellichick, except julien hasn't had the success that bill eventually earned in NE, but remember bellichick was a failed head coach right up until he joined the pats. Julien has a system and he mostly sticks to his guns, and he often calls out his players for lack of hustle or guys who aren't hustling. There are a  lot of really bad coaches in the NHL, a lot of them and just ask the players that. Julien is an old-school, new-school guy...he has old-school ethics, and new-school systems to play in today's NHL. Anyone who criticizes Julien ought to remember just how awful Dave Lewis was. Some of the B's coaches, even steve kasper, had no idea how to coach, they did it boot-strap ways. No system, no rhyme or reason. Julien has a rhyme, reason to his line making, line distribution, his d-men pairings, when he plays goalies....I like him, his best coaching job was his first season when the team had virtually nothing to work from except for an offensive-minded Savard, a shaky Thomas, and a bunch of youngsters. Now, those youngsters are blooming, Savard is a much better all-around player, and Thomas is a Vezina trophy winner. Sure, they haven't won the cup, but it's a big turnaround...and now we can expect to see a cup or a cup final soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

In Response to Re: The ignorance on these boards make me ashamed to be a B's fan: I can't agree more...but sometimes you have to say the "baby is ugly". The B's will be fine, but they do need to do something about Wideman...that baby is ugly! :-(
    [QUOTE]I'm not going to say much, because I don't like posting anymore. But this is exactly why I don't.Some of the people who claim to be "die hard fans" aren't even real fans.  I barely read this stuff anymore because it kills the mood of the game for me. I could careless about PC, or Jacobs. Because yeah they may eff up, and raise ticket prices. But at the end of the day when it comes to the actual game, they don't matter enough to cry about it all the freakin time. Especially when we can't do anything about it. It may say " old time hockey talk happens here" or whatever, but by old time hockey they do not mean "Let's B*tch about what happened 2 years ago." some of you people need to grow a pair, and support your team. You are embarrassing the rest of us.
    Posted by Michelle-[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts