The Most Epic Collapse In Sports History

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

The Most Epic Collapse In Sports History

is what this is in my eyes, I'm sick to my stomach right now and can't believe what I have just witnessed. While I will alway's be a huge fan of this team I'm pissed!! I have to live with the fact that my team was on the losing end of the most EPIC COLLAPSE in sports history!! If you know of a bigger collapse in the history of sports please post it here. It may make me feel better. On a positive note the draft is 41 days away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Re: The Most Epic Collapse In Sports History

C'mon..in Sports history? most people could give a crap about hockey, and this loss will be yesterday's news unless you are a Canadiens fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from makinbiscuits. Show makinbiscuits's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Epic Collapse In Sports History:
    I think the 04 yankees tops this one. In Response to The Most Epic Collapse In Sports History :
    Posted by Baseball-Dr

this is worst from a game seven standpoint. not only did the bruins let a 3-0 series lead slip away from them, they let a 3-0 game seven lead slip away from them.

let not your hearts sink too low though bruins fans, the biggest collapse/fail in sports history belongs to the 2007 New england patriots patriots. 5 minutes away from history, five minutes away from perfection and they blew it.... to a wild card team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

It's close man, but I'd go Yankee's 1. , Patriots 07' 2. , Bruins 3-0 collapse within a 3-0 collapse (they achieved major and mini collapse) is number 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

i'd be a lot more upset if i thought this team had a legit chance of winning it all. still,ouch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljimnorton. Show liljimnorton's posts

It's close man, but I'd go Yankee's 1. , Patriots 07' 2. , Bruins 3-0 collapse within a 3-0 collapse (they achieved major and mini collapse) is number 3.
    Posted by nickvox

I don't see how you could put the 04 yankees over the 07 patriots.. The patriots were 5 minutes away from football immortality.... 5 minutes away from perfection. The perfect team against an inferior wildcard team that was lucky to be there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

BS the bruins undermaned team minus Krejci

Any real hockey fan knows the b's were overmatched minus out czech star

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFringer. Show FredFringer's posts

The Yankees in '04 was worse due to their domination of the first 3 games, the gruelling extra-inning battles & huge rivalry with the Red Sox-- of course the Sox had something to do with that unparalleled comeback....

Patriots are a close 2nd, and this B's double chok-aroo is tops in hockey history right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Epic Collapse In Sports History : I don't see how you could put the 04 yankees over the 07 patriots.. The patriots were 5 minutes away from football immortality.... 5 minutes away from perfection. The perfect team against an inferior wildcard team that was lucky to be there.
    Posted by liljimnorton

Stop bring up these terrible memories.......Cry

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

In terms of Bruins history and in terms of Boston sports history, this has to rate as a top 3 without a doubt.  However, this team had little chance to win the Cup even if it got by Philly.  Not enough scoring, not enough depth in the organization to replace injured players, and a playoff green goalie who didn't steal any games when he needed to.  Bruins fans should be thankful this team got as far as they did on so little.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

Last night was THE worst loss in history.(period) the  Yanks didn't go up by 3 in the first only to throw it away. To fall apart like they did in the second..... I don't know i've never seen such crap in a game seven before.
    I personally wish they hadn't made the playoffs at all, now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In terms of Bruins history and in terms of Boston sports history, this has to rate as a top 3 without a doubt.  However, this team had little chance to win the Cup even if it got by Philly.  Not enough scoring, not enough depth in the organization to replace injured players, and a playoff green goalie who didn't steal any games when he needed to.  Bruins fans should be thankful this team got as far as they did on so little.
    Posted by BlueEyedGuy

Total agreement on your post.  The media loves to use "epic" and "historical" but the fact is the Bruins lost the 7th game of a series.  Build for next year is the theme.  Assessment of players must be done.  Sign Chara? Trades if possible ie.  Ryder.  The best news is the Bruins have two number ones.  "Bill Buckner" error was epic too, time to move onward.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from manitoba. Show manitoba's posts

In Response to The Most Epic Collapse In Sports History:
    is what this is in my eyes, I'm sick to my stomach right now and can't believe what I have just witnessed. While I will alway's be a huge fan of this team I'm pissed!! I have to live with the fact that my team was on the losing end of the most EPIC COLLAPSE in sports history!! If you know of a bigger collapse in the history of sports please post it here. It may make me feel better. On a positive note the draft is 41 days away.
    Posted by MrVmax

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from manitoba. Show manitoba's posts

The capitols collapse is just as bad.Look at points different
    from Montreal.How would we feel to be a cap. fan.We get 2nd.& 15th.
    draft pick.There's hope.Pat loosing super bowl was worse to me. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

In Game 7--the Yankees were out of it early in '04.

For the Bruins, to blow a 3-0 lead in games..

THEN COME HOME AND BLOW A 3-0 LEAD IN GAME 7..

is positively unprecedented.

THE BRUINS HAD NOT BLOWN A 3-GOAL LEAD ALL SEASON.

the Bruins last blew a 3 goal playoff lead--17 years ago.

This makes Bucker look clutch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

I HAVE TO POST IN ALL CAPS, SO THIS IDIOT POSTER UNDERSTANDS WHAT "EPIC COLLAPSE" REALLY MEANS....
    2 OUTS, 9TH INNING, THE TEAM IS 1 OUT FROM THE HOLY GRAIL OF ITS SPORT, AFTER NOT WINNING ONE FOR 68 YEARS TO THAT POINT. YOU HAVE YOUR DEERS IN HEADLIGHTS CLOSER IN THE GAME AND HE STARTS TO FEEL THE PRESSURE, A BASE HIT, ANOTHER BASE HIT, AND NOW YOU'RE STILL 1 OUT FROM WINNING AND THE PRESSURE SHOULD BE SQUARELY ON THE TEAM THAT IS BEHIND....INSTEAD, ANOTHER RELIEVER COMES IN, AND INCREDIBLY HE AND THE CATCHER GET CROSSED UP IN THE BIGGEST STAGE, BIGGEST SITUATION AND A 1-RUN LEAD....A WILD PASSED BALL PITCH, AND THE GAME IS TIED 5-5...BY THE TIME OF THE HOLY ROLLER TO 1ST, THE CHOKE HAD OCCURRED....BUT SEE, THE SERIES WASN'T OVER...AND THEN THAT TEAM TOOK A 3-0 LEAD IN GAME 7 AND HAD THE SERIES' MVP ON THE MOUND, AND STILL THEY LOST....THAT IS THE MOST EPIC COLLAPSE IN SPORTS HISTORY, AND IN BOSTON SPORTS HISTORY....THE B'S BECOME A FOOTNOTE IN HISTORY BY ACCOMPLISHING THE RARE FEAT OF LOSING A 3-0 LEAD AND A 3-0 LEAD IN GM 7 (3 OTHER TEAMS LOST A GM 7 WITH A 3-0 LEAD, LOOK IT UP)....OK, BACK TO YOUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Look, I'm as disgusted by the B's breakdown as anyone, but take a look at all 4 losses and you will see that the B's played every type of their reg. season freaky inconsistent performances...including to me one of the biggest pathetic efforts any team has ever shown in playoff sports history with a 3 games-to-1 lead...losing 4-0 at home.....That was almost more criminal than last night's choke....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Yankees 04 Collapse no question Hugest Collapse.

This doesn't compare.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from funforme8. Show funforme8's posts

If you're a Boston fan, the Yanks top it. But, from what I've been reading...shoot.
    You keep talking about interleague, rivals...this and that. Um...Boston and Philly have a history. And the Yankees losing was pretty epic, but they've won 26 rings up until then.

The B's lost a 3-0 GAME SEVEN LEAD, after dropping 4 in a row to a team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs to begin with.
    I think the collapse here is much, much worse.

And the Pats? Shoot. . I could see the 04 thing and this being tied, and will always be argued. But the Pats is just number three.

Boston teams seem to be going down. What goes up, right? I guess some fans should have curbed their obnoxiousness....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

I think the 04 yankees tops this one. In Response to The Most Epic Collapse In Sports History :
    Posted by Baseball-Dr

No way, Jose. The NYY never led in game 7. They trailed throughout. Not only did the Bruins blow a 3-0 games advantage, they also blew a 3-0 lead in game 7. That's saying something. In baseball, that would be like the NYY leading Boston 10-0 in game 7 and then getting beat 11-10.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from funforme8. Show funforme8's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Epic Collapse In Sports History : No way, Jose. The NYY never led in game 7. They trailed throughout. Not only did the Bruins blow a 3-0 games advantage, they also blew a 3-0 lead in game 7. That's saying something. In baseball, that would be like the NYY leading Boston 10-0 in game 7 and then getting beat 11-10.
    Posted by Beat-Boston

someone finally gets it. The yankees never blew a lead in the series. Oh wait, that isn't true. In game 4 they were leading 2-0.

In game 4, flyers won in overtime.
    In game 5, they shut them out
    in game 6, they kept them scoreless until the 3rd period...btu they were leading
    in game 7, the B's blew a 3 point lead.

I'm sorry but that's worse than leading a team the final three games in a series.

Sorry Boston fans, and I'm a sox fan...but this is worse.

Sections
Shortcuts