The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season

A fun little thread to get us through the dog days of summer. What's least likely to happen this year? Get creative.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season

We finish last and get the get the first overall pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wideman doesn't do his "it's electric" blueline dance in a Bruins uniform!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season:
    We finish last and get the get the first overall pick.
    Posted by Raskman

We finish last and get the first and second overall picks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Edmonton offers Hall for Savard and Ryder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Re: The Most Improbable Thing to Happen During the 2010-2011 Season

It's the start of the Bruins 2010-2011 season and having just won their first two games against the Coyotes in Prague, CZ, they're on their way home to the states and arrive in Newark, NJ, just in time to the play the Devils. 

However, at the airport, while trying to collect his baggae, Tuukka has seemed to have misplaced his passport and is detained by security in the customs area.  After holding him for two hours, Tuukka goes postal and starts trashing the TSA holding area and starts yelling obscenaties at the Agents in Finnish.  Homeland Security is called in where they taser him and take him into custody overnight.  GM Chiarelli is not alarmed - he'll send Cam to sort it out.  In the meantime, Claude decides to go with the obvious choice and puts Thomas in net for the Devils game.

It's the beginning of the third period against the Devils where Thomas' net minding so far has been pristine, giving the Bruins a 3-0 lead against their Eastern Conference pests.   The Devils newly signed Ilya Kovalchuk is frustrated with the potential of being shut out and he knows after signing such a lofty contract, that Devil fans are expecting a lot from him and his teammates.  Out of desperation, with stick on puc, he charges the net and crashes into Thomas.  Timmy makes the save, but Kovi's skate appears to have slightly braized Timmy's right upper thigh.  Not thinking much of it, Timmy soldiers on to protect his lead and gets the shut out win.

The Bruins arrive in Washington to play the Caps, and Thomas, after nursing his laceration from Kovalchuk, realizes that his injury is much more serious than first realised and he needs additional medical attention - he's having difficulty maneuvrouring his right leg.  The Bruins put him on the DL and Tuukka is now being detained by the Finnish Consulate's office in NY.

What will Chia and Claude do?

There are no NHL-ready goalies in Providence, they are over their cap limit so they can't aquire any new players for now, plus it's the beginning of the season and franchises are not in the mood to trade.   

Chia gets creative. 

It's October 18, 2010 and Chia has learned that the Boston Red Sox have been mathematically elimiated from the playoffs including the wild card birth.  He places a call to RS GM Theo Esptein where he explains that he needs someone from the Red Sox who can tend the net. 

Chia, "Theo, it's Peter here from the Bruins" he said in a casual/cool desparete kind of way.  "I understand, and how do I put this lightly, I understand that the Red Sox are out of contention.  You and your team put up a good fight." 

"Listen," Chia continues, "I need a net minder and I understand you have a utility guy that's willing to do anything.  I mean, since the Sox are out of contention, I thought you wouldn't mind lending me one of your palyers." 

Epstein:  "Youkalis can mind the net -why not?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season:
    Jack Edwards learns about hockey and becomes the best announcer in the game
    Posted by pbergeron37

You should subscribe to the NHL season ticket package and listen to other announcers around the league.

Jack may be hyperbolic and go off the deep end at times, but when it comes to knowing the players and just plain calling the action he's second to none. He'll identify opposing players just as precisely and quickly as he will any Bruin (and throw in a comment about where they went to school or played juniors), while most other announcers will blather something like "and the defenseman clears the puck" or "it's a pass for a shot on goal." 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

The Bruins score less goals than last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Julian sends out a line other than the 4th trio for the faceoff after the other team scores!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The bruins finnish the season with 120 pts. and go on to sweep there way to a championship.
    Then all the chronic complainers that come here start posting positive thoughts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Seguin scores 63 goals and wins the Rocket Richard

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jack Edwards learns about hockey and becomes the best announcer in the game
    Posted by pbergeron37

Jack knows his stuff.  He's terribly annoying, but his knowledge is solid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

how many times per game will he announce a spectacular save by thomas or rask only for brick to point out that it was shot clear over the net, and have the replay confirm. He goofs up a lot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

how many times per game will he announce a spectacular save by thomas or rask only for brick to point out that it was shot clear over the net, and have the replay confirm. He goofs up a lot
    Posted by pbergeron37

In a lightning fast game, that's bound to happen...a lot.  Look at the goal that won the Cup.  Kane was the only one who knew it went in.  That has nothing to do with whether or not Jack Edwards knows hockey. 

When a player raises his arms and stick to celebrate a goal that didn't go in, does that signify the player doesn't know hockey? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Pauly1 won this thread hands down.

The bruins finnish the season with 120 pts. and go on to sweep there way to a championship. Then all the chronic complainers that come here start posting positive thoughts.
    Posted by pauly1

That last statement is by far the most improbable thing that can happen during the 2010-2011 season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snags87. Show snags87's posts

ilya's 17 year 102 million dollar contract gets rejected....oh that happened?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Bruins fans realize Jack Edwards is actually one of the better announcers in hockey and give him the respect he's due...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

The Bruins have no injuries all year and go 75-5-2. The domination of Atlanta is over as 4 of those 5 losses are to them. Craig Ramsey picks Juliens style apart and he has no answers, but Atlanta doesnt make the playoffs anyway and the Bruins win every series in 5 at home infront of their fans and take Lord Stanley back to Beantown.

Also, what Stanley says comes to fruition and Wheeler scores 33 goals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigblue72. Show bigblue72's posts

Re: The Most Improbable Thing to Happen During the 2010-2011 Season

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing to Happen During the 2010-2011 Season:
    It's the start of the Bruins 2010-2011 season and having just won their first two games against the Coyotes in Prague, CZ, they're on their way home to the states and arrive in Newark, NJ, just in time to the play the Devils.  However, at the airport, while trying to collect his baggae, Tuukka has seemed to have misplaced his passport and is detained by security in the customs area.  After holding him for two hours, Tuukka goes postal and starts trashing the TSA holding area and starts yelling obscenaties at the Agents in Finnish.  Homeland Security is called in where they taser him and take him into custody overnight.  GM Chiarelli is not alarmed - he'll send Cam to sort it out.  In the meantime, Claude decides to go with the obvious choice and puts Thomas in net for the Devils game. It's the beginning of the third period against the Devils where Thomas' net minding so far has been pristine, giving the Bruins a 3-0 lead against their Eastern Conference pests.   The Devils newly signed Ilya Kovalchuk is frustrated with the potential of being shut out and he knows after signing such a lofty contract, that Devil fans are expecting a lot from him and his teammates.  Out of desperation, with stick on puc, he charges the net and crashes into Thomas.  Timmy makes the save, but Kovi's skate appears to have slightly braized Timmy's right upper thigh.  Not thinking much of it, Timmy soldiers on to protect his lead and gets the shut out win. The Bruins arrive in Washington to play the Caps, and Thomas, after nursing his laceration from Kovalchuk, realizes that his injury is much more serious than first realised and he needs additional medical attention - he's having difficulty maneuvrouring his right leg.  The Bruins put him on the DL and Tuukka is now being detained by the Finnish Consulate's office in NY. What will Chia and Claude do? There are no NHL-ready goalies in Providence, they are over their cap limit so they can't aquire any new players for now, plus it's the beginning of the season and franchises are not in the mood to trade.    Chia gets creative.  It's October 18, 2010 and Chia has learned that the Boston Red Sox have been mathematically elimiated from the playoffs including the wild card birth.  He places a call to RS GM Theo Esptein where he explains that he needs someone from the Red Sox who can tend the net.  Chia, "Theo, it's Peter here from the Bruins" he said in a casual/cool desparete kind of way.  "I understand, and how do I put this lightly, I understand that the Red Sox are out of contention.  You and your team put up a good fight."  "Listen," Chia continues, "I need a net minder and I understand you have a utility guy that's willing to do anything.  I mean, since the Sox are out of contention, I thought you wouldn't mind lending me one of your palyers."  Epstein:  "Youkalis can mind the net -why not?"
    Posted by gardenbees

Add somewhere in the second paragraph.......Tuukka dives over the counter of the airport snack bar and launches 15 milk crates onto the main runway, delaying flights for three hours . The airport security forces have to detonate every pint of milk to make sure its not an explosive device.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

bigblue72 I was waiting for someone to mention something like that. LOL great posts everyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-oviee. Show screw-cindy-and-oviee's posts

In Response to The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season:
    A fun little thread to get us through the dog days of summer. What's least likely to happen this year? Get creative.
    Posted by BlackandGold24

The Bruins actually winning in the second round

18 years and counting...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Zach Hamill finds his way into the lineup as a regular.
    Hartnell gets a haircut.
    Bruins trade for Matt Cooke.
    Thornton delivers a one punch knockout.
    Chara is seen eating a big mac, fries and a shake.
    Stanley falls out of love with Wheels.
    Wensink falls in love with PC.
    I fall in love with Kessel.
    Marco falls out of love with Kessel.
    Whino falls in love with CJ
    BSlegion and Sandog agree to become Habs fans.
    Rolr gives up on the Leafs.
    NAS gaurantees a cup without being sarcastic.
    pbergeron keeps his cool all season, doesn't flame, doesn't get 32 mins in penalties.
    Bookboy falls in love with Joe Thornton.

Sorry, I left off a million of you all, but your buttons don't come to mind right off the top of my head.

And I couldn't think of anything nasty, condescending and stupid enough for all of our favorite trolls, and they don't even deserve the dignity of being mentioned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

The Bruins ban all the nay-sayers and Negative Nancys from the Stanley Cup parade.

I can dream, can't I?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chara is seen eating a big mac, fries and a shake. Stanley falls out of love with Wheels. Wensink falls in love with PC. I fall in love with Kessel. Marco falls out of love with Kessel. Whino falls in love with CJ BSlegion and Sandog agree to become Habs fans. Rolr gives up on the Leafs. NAS gaurantees a cup without being sarcastic. pbergeron keeps his cool all season, doesn't flame, doesn't get 32 mins in penalties. Bookboy falls in love with Joe Thornton.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Post of the thread LMAO!