The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season

CJ decides that the best way to win in todays NHL is to control the game with a strong forecheck and speed through the neutral zone. CJ also learns how to manage ice time and line changes and avoids dumping the puck whenever possible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season:
    Zach Hamill finds his way into the lineup as a regular. Hartnell gets a haircut. Bruins trade for Matt Cooke. Thornton delivers a one punch knockout. Chara is seen eating a big mac, fries and a shake. Stanley falls out of love with Wheels. Wensink falls in love with PC. I fall in love with Kessel. Marco falls out of love with Kessel. Whino falls in love with CJ BSlegion and Sandog agree to become Habs fans. Rolr gives up on the Leafs. NAS gaurantees a cup without being sarcastic. pbergeron keeps his cool all season, doesn't flame, doesn't get 32 mins in penalties. Bookboy falls in love with Joe Thornton. Sorry, I left off a million of you all, but your buttons don't come to mind right off the top of my head. And I couldn't think of anything nasty, condescending and stupid enough for all of our favorite trolls, and they don't even deserve the dignity of being mentioned.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Laugh out loud funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well played, Badhab, well played....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season:
    Andy Brickley actually goes through an entire sportscast without tripping over his tongue or slurring his speech! Fluto finally has the chudspuh to say it like it really is in actual sports column instead kissing managements keester!
    Posted by lemondropper

I thought that was his accent.

Seriously, I'm trying to think of times when Brickley tripped over his tongue, and all I can think is that you're confusing him with someone else. Brickley's one of the best, if not the best, color guys in the business.

People really need to listen to other broadcasters. If I hear one more "Looshick" or "Chair-a" I'm going to throw something at my TV. They're going to have a fine old time mangling Seguin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfanssuck. Show bostonfanssuck's posts

RASK WILL GET TO PLAY THE WEAKLINGS FOR HALF A YEAR THEN PUT UP SIMILAR NUMBERS.NOT GONNA HAPPEN.HAVLET WAS WAY BETTER THEN THIS OVER RATED FINNISH THAT CANNOT FINISH,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

Ia)n Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season:
    RASK WILL GET TO PLAY THE WEAKLINGS FOR HALF A YEAR THEN PUT UP SIMILAR NUMBERS.NOT GONNA HAPPEN.HAVLET WAS WAY BETTER THEN THIS OVER RATED FINNISH THAT CANNOT FINISH,
    Posted by bostonfanssuck

A)what does matin havlat have to do with rask? B) it would be finn,not finnish in this sentence 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season : I thought that was his accent. Seriously, I'm trying to think of times when Brickley tripped over his tongue, and all I can think is that you're confusing him with someone else. Brickley's one of the best, if not the best, color guys in the business. People really need to listen to other broadcasters. If I hear one more "Looshick" or "Chair-a" I'm going to throw something at my TV. They're going to have a fine old time mangling Seguin.
    Posted by duinne

Brick doesn't make too many mistakes at all, but there is a big problem I have with him:  He never, ever, ever shuts up.  Part of the enjoyment of watching a game is the sounds of the game.  As soon as Jack pauses, Brick starts.  The worst is the shootout.  I'm planning on watching most games on mute this season.  If it weren't for the delay, I'd watch the game and listen to the radio.

Here's my really cool rhyme to sum up the B's tv team:

Jack's words need to be less cute. 
    Brick's words need more of the mute.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Sunday February 27, 2011- Bruins @ Oilers. Tyler Seguin tries to make Edmonton regret not taking him first. Taylor Hall tries to make Boston regret not trading up to take him. The game ends 9-8 Boston in OT, with Seguin scoring all 9 goals for Boston and Hall scoring all 8 for Edmonton

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

The Bruins hire Stanley to replace PC as GM

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season : If Andy's the best color in the business Hockey commentary in serious peril!
    Posted by lemondropper

Who's better? Give me your list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season : Who's better? Give me your list.
    Posted by duinne

I'm a big fan of Daryl Reaugh.  That's due in part to the xbox games of the late 90's.  Brickley talks far, far, far too much.  It's nails on a chalk board during the shootouts.  Brick will tell us that Player A "likes to go high on the glove side" and then he's surprised with the 5-hole goal.  A quick check of the stats then show the player has only had three shootout attempts in his career.  It's awful.

The color guy is useful to some when he provides insight.  I'd prefer there was no color guy.  Brickley provides some insight, but also feels the need to speak every single dang time Jack takes a breath.  I find myself saying "Shut up Brickley" more often than I say "Naoko, you're an idiot".  That's a lot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season : I'm a big fan of Daryl Reaugh.  That's due in part to the xbox games of the late 90's.  Brickley talks far, far, far too much.  It's nails on a chalk board during the shootouts.  Brick will tell us that Player A "likes to go high on the glove side" and then he's surprised with the 5-hole goal.  A quick check of the stats then show the player has only had three shootout attempts in his career.  It's awful. The color guy is useful to some when he provides insight.  I'd prefer there was no color guy.  Brickley provides some insight, but also feels the need to speak every single dang time Jack takes a breath.  I find myself saying "Shut up Brickley" more often than I say "Naoko, you're an idiot".  That's a lot.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm not a big fan of Brick, but if I had to listen to that 'slap me silly' Penguins guy, I'd become a violent sociopathetic criminal.

Why can't we get guys like Derek Sanderson again?  I remember one of the first games he did he said 'oh, I think he lost a couple of chicklets on that one' when everyone was always so serious.  It was funny, I liked it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Improbable Thing that Can Happen During the 2010-2011 Season : I'm a big fan of Daryl Reaugh.  That's due in part to the xbox games of the late 90's.  Brickley talks far, far, far too much.  It's nails on a chalk board during the shootouts.  Brick will tell us that Player A "likes to go high on the glove side" and then he's surprised with the 5-hole goal.  A quick check of the stats then show the player has only had three shootout attempts in his career.  It's awful. The color guy is useful to some when he provides insight.  I'd prefer there was no color guy.  Brickley provides some insight, but also feels the need to speak every single dang time Jack takes a breath.  I find myself saying "Shut up Brickley" more often than I say "Naoko, you're an idiot".  That's a lot.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Maybe it's because I watch a lot of games on other channels (I get Center Ice or whatever they're calling it on DirecTV), but when you compare Brickley to other analysts around the league, well, there's little comparison. Peter McNab does a fair job with the Avs, but he's about the only one I can think of.

He's doing what he's paid to do. I always learn something from him. Though frankly, during shootouts I barely listen - I'm too busy watching.

Edited to add: and I sure as hell can't listen to Neale, beause that would mean listening to Jenerette, and that would mean stabbing myself in the ear with a knitting needle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Brickley does have tendencies to ramble, but he also knows his sh!t and corrects Edwards alot and he also covers alot of College hockey too. I use to have Dishnet and got the majority of games on NESN. I now have the center ice package on Cogeco and I miss Jack and Andy. Maybe I am biased a bit but I think Duinne is right listening to others somtimes makes me sick. Pittsburgh is hands down the worst in the league. They only call the game when Pittsburgh has the puck, when the opposing team has the puck he is talking about Crosby. I guess its great if you are a Pens fan.

I wish I could watch every game on NESN.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Sanderson had some great lines like "Koharski is really giving the ol' whistle a workout tonight."  That said, he sometimes dropped the ball.  "Uuuuuhhhh" is not good commentary in my book.  If that's what he sounded like after he was clean and sober, I wouldn't have wanted to hear him when he was drinking and drugging. 

I think that it took somebody like Fred Cusick to make Derek Sanderson a good color commentator.  Could you imagine Jack Edwards and Derek Sanderson working a game together?  I am/was a fan of them both, but I think that things would quickly get ridiculous with two homers of that magnitude working together.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sanderson had some great lines like "Koharski is really giving the ol' whistle a workout tonight."  That said, he sometimes dropped the ball.  "Uuuuuhhhh" is not good commentary in my book.  If that's what he sounded like after he was clean and sober, I wouldn't have wanted to hear him when he was drinking and drugging.  I think that it took somebody like Fred Cusick to make Derek Sanderson a good color commentator.  Could you imagine Jack Edwards and Derek Sanderson working a game together?  I am/was a fan of them both, but I think that things would quickly get ridiculous with two homers of that magnitude working together.
    Posted by Mutant211

2 homers like that would be hilarious.  A homer like Dale Arnold and <someone /> would be too gushy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer671. Show bouncer671's posts

Bruins winning 2 playoff rounds in one year

There are kids who are starting college this fall who haven't had that happen in their lifetimes

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bobby Ryan gets traded to the Bruins for Michael Ryder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Ryder learns what commitment means.
    Ryder learns about team concept.
    Ryder learns what effort means.
    Ryder learned - anything.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Actually, I agree with Duinne.

Listen to any Ranger, Islander, Fox South broadcast.  Those guys are inept. The Colorado announcers are quite fair as are the Atlanta guys (though only when the Thrashers are losing).

The CBC announcers are always caught up in the hype of the moment or the percieved wisdom of the unknowing, parroting banalities of the ill informed to the non faithful. Bob Cole -the Montreal CBC broadcaster is nothing more than a cheer leader (should be an ice girl if they have any). He was so bad he was chased off the Maple Leaf broadcasts because the Leafs were so brilliant losing to teams that never ever had possession of the puck.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Seriously listen to Duinne on this subject I've had NHL Center Ice for a few seasons now and there are some bad announcing teams out there.

Calgary, Edmonton and Colorado's announcer's put me to sleep faster than Cspan. One guy I would like to see in Boston but it won't happen is Chico Resch. Allot of hockey fans don't like him or think he's dumb  but he kills me and I don't know ho doc Emrick keeps a straight face.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Juts kidding about Greg Millen he's even worse than Brickley!
    Posted by lemondropper[/QUOTE]

Glad you rectified that, there are none worse than him and Dean Brown, other than kids, most Sens fans can't even stand them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Nice post Bad Hab!

Cole used to be half decent, I enjoyed him quite often, but he was still all Leafs even when doing a weekend afternoon game for 2 American teams he would come thru a couple of times with and the Leafs have the puck, just too funny.

Brick is ok, he sets it straight even when it is against the B's and I like that, even though you know he is all Bruins it is refreshing to hear the truth when you see it and not sugarcoated all home.  He gets frustrated with the reffing at times throws in his 2 cents and moves on.

Edwards is ok and cracks me up when he is not trying to be funny. When he is trying to be too smart is when he sounds stupid, but he is def a long way from the worst.

The most probable thing that can't happen will happen.

BadHab, forget about the fn habs and change your name, I always think you are a hab troll when I see your name. I know I am off in what it means but to me it means big bad hab like as in the Big Bad Bruins, I know you are just saying you have a tude with the habs but it just seems wrong. Not dissing you just saying..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

The happy Trumpeter of Providence Bruins' days gone past returns for a cameo at the Boston Garden.  Hanging from the boards backwards, as he is so typically wont to do, he plays Britney Spears' "Hit Me Baby One More Time," bringing much merriment to an already jacked up crowd at the TD Garden.

The situation, however, takes a turn for the worst when Savard joyously recognizes the tune, starts slapping his stick on the ice in a fit of bubble-gum pop rage, and slams his body into the boards.

A swift 'hush' rushes through the crowd as the Happy Trumpeter falls to the ice, breaking two legs and, more devastatingly, his spirit.  He never plays again.

Savard, however, is acrimoniously called for too many men on the ice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Chiarelli and CJ quit hockey to do TV commercials for Brylcream...