The Official "Murray Buyout Complete" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

He is no longer a Bruin..

Have comments, post them here...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MUZZFAN. Show MUZZFAN's posts

Sad day for the Bruins.

When Murray comes to the Garden with his new team and smokes the Bruins with his pretty goals I will stand up and cheer (and I love the B's)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

Thank god the old bum is gone, next on the list now should be alberts/ference and maybe axie too then trade for a better defenceman, then the team should be all set!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinsfan4life. Show BostonBruinsfan4life's posts

where do you thin Glen will sign?? that if he doesn't retire ....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Wow...All the stiffs that have and are, playing for the bruins, you decide to take a shot at Lucic. That guy was one of the only reasons to watch that team last year. If you don't think this guy is capable of scoring 20 goals, then you better quit watching hockey because you haven't got a clue.

I am in no way sorry for Murray to be going, but I still think it would have been better to keep him for the last year and then have that contract done with at the end of next year. Why does Chiarelli think he was so bad scoring 17 goals in 63 games that he has to be bought out, and then gives a huge raise to that stiff Ryder who could only score 14 goals in a year where he was healthy AND playing for a new contract?

These moves tell me that Chiarelli hasn't got a clue on how to build a winner. Any idiot can overpay players just to get to the salary cap. The ability to decide the available players are not worth what they are asking for and save the available money for the next year or the trade deadline is how to build a winner

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cymbolicnoise. Show cymbolicnoise's posts

[Quote]Glens 2 best friends are Joe and BLake...
    Guess where both play. Guess where he still owns a home(LA). I would bet a week of Glens pay check he signs in SJ.

Oh yeah...he will also score 30 this year...he is in great shape and good health.

Good luck Glen. Hope you can win a cup...something that never would have happened here...we are stuck with guys like Lucic...yes everyone loves his hard noised game. But he will never score 20 goals. ANd you clowns who say Glen is slow. Have you watched Lucic skate.

Glen will have 70 points playing in SJ...30-35 goals. He did have 17 this year in an injury season...[/Quote]

First, it not a fair comparrison of Glenn and Lucic. Lucic is 20 and was a rookie last year and if he hit you, you feel it and you fear it. He will most likely play with bergy and will score 15-20.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Naughty-Thorty. Show Naughty-Thorty's posts

Muzz will end up in LA again. They're still $12 mil. or so under the cap minimum and have to spend money. He loves surfing. Be a great fit for both.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The dumbest comment gets posted on this board is the one that states or implies "I'm Canadian, so I know more about hockey than you (dopey Americans) do."

Just because one is Canadian doesn't automactically make them an expert on hockey, the band Rush, beavers, geese, ham-like bacon, polar bears, canoes, mullets, sled-dogs, prime ministers, the Mackenzie Brothers, ice-road trucking, aurora borealis, or anything else commonly related to that great nation.

Anyone who has to play the "I'm Canadian" card to make their points look stronger usually doesn't have a very good argument to begin with.

We now return you to the discussion, already in progress....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveGir. Show DaveGir's posts

Bruins have a bit of history of poor skating, big players, who defied the odds and became pretty good offensive players. Esposito and Allison come to mind. I don't remember Neely having great wheels, particularly when he was younger. And if Terry O'Reilly can put up 90 points, its not out of the question Lucic will either. Bruins will be working on his skating for years, we'll see dramatic improvement on that area of his game.

Too bad it ended up this way for Murray, by all accounts he's a great guy. I think buying him out is the right move though, I'd rather not have seen him on the top 2 lines and PP this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

thanks for stickin your nose where it doesn't belong Brady2moss47 my beef isn't with you it's with darbys11 so stay out of this man.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3639358. Show user_3639358's posts

Lucic may not me fast and finesse, and he may never be, but he's a hell of a hockey player in the making.. He has skills in all parts of the game, something that most people don't have...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rconley7. Show rconley7's posts

Where do I send my donation?

Thank you for ending part 2 of the Glen Murray years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Lucic and Murray arent even in the same league, STOP comparing them. They are 2 different type of players, plain and simple. Murray was a scoring machine who had a bad year due to the people he was playing with and due to injury.

Lucic cant skate to save his life. He looks like Ogie Oglethorpe out there, skating all hunched over in a straight line. He is a throwback to the goon who could score if they got him the puck while he is standing in the slot, its that simple.

Murray is a scoring talent, Lucic does not have that natural ability. I hate when people compare Lucic and Neely, Neely was a scoring talent who had size. There is a difference guys. Lucic will never come close to putting up the numbers EITHER of them put up, do just drop it. He is his own thing.

Murray still has it in him. If you put him on a line with a physical, big body who can go into the corners and dig out the puck he can still put up an easy 30. EASILY! He has that kind of talent. Look at his career numbers, they dont lie and they arent an opinion. Murray has never been a great skater or had a ton of physical play to his game, yet he has managed to put up incredible numbers by playing with the right people. He is still able and its too bad the Bruins let a veteran guy like him go out like this. They did him a horrible disservice. The young guys like Noki need ice time, but not at the expense of your best scorer because of ONE BAD YEAR and NO HELP. Absolutely disgusting by the Bruins in my opinion.

15. This post has been removed.