the Perfect Bruins offseason......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

the Perfect Bruins offseason......

My opinion...just ideas

trade for Phaneuf...heavily rumored to be available, Calgary wants to shake things up

To Boston
    Phaneuf
    Prospect

To Calgary
    Phil Kessel
    Aaron Ward
    Jhonny Boychuck

Then call Colorado

To Colorado
    Rask...Thomas is signed for 4 yrs....Rask is trade bait..no doubt about it
    Chuck Kobasew...Cap reasons only...love the guy

To Boston
    #3 pick...select Matt Deuchesne
    Right to Ian Lappierre

Sign Ian Lappierre to 2 yr deal

Sign Eric Booggard....6 "7" fighter...one of the true heavy weights in the NHL...you think Laraque will pick on Lucic again

Resign Savard for 4 more years at 5 million a season

Bruins first round selection...select goalie of future

Sign....Ty Conklin

all said and done

Lucic     Savard    Wheeler

Deuschsne    Krejci    Ryder

Sturm     Bergeron   Marchand

Lappierre   Bitz    Boggard

Chara     Wideman

Phaneuf    Stuart

Hunwick   Penner or Hnidy

Thomas
              Conklin

ok maybe to much movement for a team that just finished 2nd best in the league...haha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Re: the Perfect Bruins offseason......

[QUOTE]My opinion...just ideas trade for Phaneuf...heavily rumored to be available, Calgary wants to shake things up To Boston Phaneuf Prospect To Calgary Phil Kessel Aaron Ward Jhonny Boychuck Then call Colorado To Colorado Rask...Thomas is signed for 4 yrs....Rask is trade bait..no doubt about it Chuck Kobasew...Cap reasons only...love the guy To Boston #3 pick...select Matt Deuchesne Right to Ian Lappierre Sign Ian Lappierre to 2 yr deal Sign Eric Booggard....6 "7" fighter...one of the true heavy weights in the NHL...you think Laraque will pick on Lucic again Resign Savard for 4 more years at 5 million a season Bruins first round selection...select goalie of future Sign....Ty Conklin all said and done Lucic     Savard    Wheeler Deuschsne    Krejci    Ryder Sturm     Bergeron   Marchand Lappierre   Bitz    Boggard      Chara     Wideman      Phaneuf    Stuart      Hunwick   Penner or Hnidy           Thomas           Conklin ok maybe to much movement for a team that just finished 2nd best in the league...haha
    Posted by DarrenRyan9[/QUOTE]

Hm, I don't know what to think about this post haha. The Phanuef trade makes some sense, if the salaries match. Phanuef makes (depending on the year) either 7, 6.5 or 5.5M [end of the contract] so you would have to clear A LOT of cap room to get him. If you're looking to get Phanuef, you would most like need to move either Savard or Bergeron to at least match the salaries.

I wouldn't move Rask at all because despite Thomas being here for another 4 years, he is also pushing 40 when his contract is over. Rask will get a good amount of playing time and the Bruins have him on the roster for cheap money (850K against the cap).

Also, I'm not sure that Colorado would take a run at Kobesew and Rask to give up the #3 pick. I've heard rumors that the "lanch" want Kessel and in return would give up Hejduk and the #3 pick.

Anyways, I'm not sure if that's the perfect offseason, seems like a bunch of senseless moves for a team that finished #2 in the NHL and #1 in the East, though I do agree that they need to make a defensive move to get another stopped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I literally disagree with everything you said. You have effective torn apart a 1st place eastern conference team.
    Lets start with the first trade... Phaneuf is available because he is probably the most over rated player in the entire league. He has offensive upside, but lets be honest the reason he makes the money is because of those huge hits he makes. Take a further look at those big hits and you'll see that he goes way out of his lane to make those hits, as shown by his -11 last year.

There is 0 reason to trade Rask, none at all. If you trade him, due to salary restrictions were essentially going to have to swap him for a pick or a prospect. If we wait a year, we'll go through the RFA process, and if anyone offers him a big contract we get multiple compensation draft picks. Why trade him? Furthermore, a good backup goalie is critical to the success of this team. Thomas cannot play more than 57 or so games in the regular season and be healthy and rested in the playoffs. Those are 50 points worth of games a backup will be in there. Furthermore, his value will only go up with a successful (and he will be successful) season in the NHL.

Why would you not have thornton in that line up?
    Why would you trade the cap friendly contract of Kobasew?
    Why is Bitz at center?
    Where is Sobotka?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Here would be my perfect off season...
    Kessel for same contract as Krejci, Hunwick and Bitz resign for small money.
    Resign Recchi for close to the minimum, which he has said he would accept.
    Convince Sturm to waive his no trade, move him to Toronto with a prospect and the second rounder we got from TBL for Kaberle.
    Trade Ward for the highest draft pick you can get (salary dump)

Lucic Savard Kessel
    Wheeler Krejci Ryder
    Recchi Bergeron Kobasew
    Bitz Sobotka Thornton

Kaberle Chara
    Wideman Stuart
    Ference Hunwick

Thomas
    Rask

not bad

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I like both trade scenarios and I think both could help the Bruins, however when it comes to likelyhood dkrecji's is the most likely to happen with the exception of the Kaberle trade (the trade is not likely for two reasons). The first reason being the motto of every smart NHL GM, don't trade within the division. This applies to any Dany Heatley rumors as well, why would you trade an all star to a team you play 8 times a season, just doesn't make sense. Second reason is while he may have some critics Brian Burke isn't an idiot by any means. He won't trade his cap friendly all star defenseman for sturm and a prospect, unless that prospect is Rask. Burke wanted to move Kaberle at the trade deadline, but he was asking for too much. He'll try to move Kaberle and possibly Kubina this offseason for a high and mid range prospect (respectively).
    As for Phaneuf he is everything that Neely loves in a player. He has a rocket of a shot, good offensive instincts, and hits as hard as Lucic. Yes he did have a bad season this year and yes his contract is big, but his potential sums up to franchise defenseman and Julien is a great teaching coach.
    As for trading Kessel unless you can get a top offensive prospect (like anything that could be selected with the #3 overall pick, such as Matt Duchene), or a stud defensive player (like Phaneuf or what Erik Johnson will become this season), a trade wouldn't be smart. You've got a 21 year old player with dynamic abilities and who's coming off a 36 goal season, if you have to move him you don't trade for somebody who's more than 4 years (at most) older than him, otherwise it's like wasting a top 5 pick. The bruins are in the position to be very good for the next 10 years if Chiarelli can keep being consistent with the team's image.
    As for dealing Rask while I don't deem him untouchable you don't want to package him with anything else good right now to make a trade. Dkrejci is also right in his value of Kobasew, 20 goal scorer who plays a solid all around game, has great speed and a cap friendly contract you want to keep him unless he's 2 days away from his contract expiring. If you're looking at Rask to Colorado include Zach Hamill in and make it those 2 for the #3 overall, Hamill has lost a good deal of his potential this year but he will still be a decent NHL player and Duchene would be a great replacement for Kessel.
    Also if you trade Rask at the draft then you better recoup your losses and draft a goalie high this year, most likely top of the 2nd round. If done then the kid who's drafted will most likely be ready for the NHL when Thomas' contract expires.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Kaberle has a no trade clause and would like to stay in this division, Boston was one of the few teams he listed as an acceptable trade partner. Toronto is desperate to move him, they weren't asking too much last year, but Kaberle got hurt right before the deadline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Burke wanted a first round pick and a high level prospect, not something the Bruins would want to do. And as much as Kaberle would like to stay in the area in the end Burke pulls the strings. Not saying it's an impossible deal but unlikely given what Chiarelli would have to give up. While Boston has been known to put 1st round picks in trades they're seriously lacking draft depth this year, only holding their 1st, 3rd, 6th and 7th round picks. In my opinion in the end they won't do any major moves, the only one coming to mind would be clearing cap space to fit in. I think Kessel and Sturm may be the only current NHLers in Boston potentially on the move.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Kessel, Sturm, and I think Ward. Ward is getting on in years, making a good chunk of money, and would be a good candidate for a salary dump. The window for winning a Stanley cup is very small, I think the defense needs a little bit of help. Maybe we could swing a deal like Hamill, 1st rounder for Kaberle, and then move Sturm to a team that might just be a goal scorer away from being a contender for their first rounder, or something of the sorts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

This is a reminder for all of our children. Don't smoke crack!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I think the best the Bruins can do is keep the same team together next year. Obviously somebody will need to be moved, my guess is Kessel if the contract can't get settled. Possibly somebody else may need to be moved or let go, depending on how close to the cap they become. With the best they can get for Kessel, and everybody possibly resigned they can make another run for the cup. With a more experienced team they can fix mistakes made last year and possibly make it to the finals, should underperformance or injuries not mess up the season.
    It's fun to think of different scenarios but this isn't a team that needs a major tweaking. That being said money rules everything so tweaking will be done, the severity of the tweaking depends on the severity of the money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

The only moves that make sense right now is Bergeron and Kessel. Bergy is the only high $ without notrade and has fairly high value being team leader style and defencive forward. Kessel has goal scoring but nothing else, but teams need that, not the B's. They were one of the best in scoring last year and Sturm(cap freindly $) would replace the #'s Kessel put up last year and be more grittier in the corners. Ryder is Juliens pet and won't go. Letting go either should be for a # 2-3 defenceman only to bolster the blue line. Moving more players doesn't make sense and would be like having Harry back running the show, and he and he alone ruined this club with dumb trades and not signing the ones we needed. He moved too many players too quickly and dumped the coach way too often, opting for instant results year after year rather than letting the players and coaches gel. They should leave the majority of the team in place and slowly make moves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Moving Bergeron makes no sense whatsoever. His value is higher on this team than on others. I know that his cap hit is big but the most you would get for him is a second round draft pick, and he will be back next year. The guy was great in the playoffs, and is the type of player that the Bs need. He won't go anywhere. I keep hearing people say that Sturm can replace Kessel's numbers, but he has never scored more than 28 in a season, and kessel scored 36 in a shortened season and is incredibly effective (in terms of scoring) in the post season.
    What makes sense is to see if Sturm would waive the no trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Im not in favor of trading Kessel, but in a salary cap world you have to make tough decisions, decisions that not all fans will agree with...its simple math, if the Bruins want Kessel on this team then he will be, but someone will have to go, and that someone will be either Savard, Beregeron, Sturm, Kobasew, or Ward

Kessel is a fantastic scorer, but thats all he is.....Bruins want players who will do anything to win...Kessel isnt that player....and he has tremendous value....

Rask - this is his last yr on his contract.....does anyone really think he resigns to be a backup for atleast 2 more years???.....i certainly dont...