The real issue with Tim Thomas' contract.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: The real issue with Tim Thomas' contract.

In Response to Re: The real issue with Tim Thomas' contract.:
    In Response to Re: The real issue with Tim Thomas' contract. : You're assuming TT would've waived his NMC to go to Atlanta.  I couldn't see him doing that.
    Posted by Raskman

I wouldnt put much into what he says, I mean thomas had 1 career year? He's really only had 1 down year, in which he posted a 3.03GAA and a 9.05 GAA..  If you can't give an unbiased opinion of the guy what can you give..  2 time all star in 5 season, and a Vezina winner.. Not to mention he ended the revolving door in net, yeah the guy is awful..
    we all give Miller credit for being a great goalie and in 70 ish more starts miller has only a .05 lower GAA, while his svs% is lower and he has the same number of career shut outs..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: The real issue with Tim Thomas' contract. : I wouldnt put much into what he says, I mean thomas had 1 career year? He's really only had 1 down year, in which he posted a 3.03GAA and a 9.05 GAA..  If you can't give an unbiased opinion of the guy what can you give..  2 time all star in 5 season, and a Vezina winner.. Not to mention he ended the revolving door in net, yeah the guy is awful.. we all give Miller credit for being a great goalie and in 70 ish more starts miller has only a .05 lower GAA, while his svs% is lower and he has the same number of career shut outs..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Ya, but TT's career numbers are very comparable to Huet's and that's nothing to brag about.  Arguments can be made both ways when talking about career stats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: The real issue with Tim Thomas' contract. : Ya, but TT's career numbers are very comparable to Huet's and that's nothing to brag about.  Arguments can be made both ways when talking about career stats.
    Posted by Raskman

Huet fell off last year though, he was a solid goalie prior to that I dont think it can really be argued, and would you go on record to say he was an awful goalie? his last 2 seasons a .909 and a .895.. I mean thomas is looked at as having a bad year when he posted a .917...

And again, it doesnt change the fact that he solidified the net position, allowing the bruins to take their time with rask, allowing them to not have to go after every free agent goalie to hit the market etc..

I personally have never been a thomas fan, but I do think he is effective, and he catches a lot of the fall out of things undeservedly...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Chia and his bad contracts...terrible GM, ryder signing just plain stupid....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Look at the entire team . Ryder is gone[-4.0] Recchi is gone[-1.0] Savvy could be gone since Seguin will have a year's results[-4.0] Sturm could be gone[-3.5]; a total of 12.0 mil. Rask will garner 2-3Mil increase, leaving 9.0 mil for Caron/Colborne/ McKnight/Sauve and a defenseman. Expect Bergeron to sign a cap friendly 5 year deal, and Chara to sign a Savvy-like deal, so no negative impact. Hows that for managing the Cap?? comments ???

Sections
Shortcuts