The real mistake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

The real mistake

20 millions$ for the 35 year old Thomas is the real mistake of P.C.
    Rask( Good deal for P.C.) and Sabourin can make a good job for less and keep money for Kessels or others good young players like him.
    P.C. knows it. But PC was afraid critics. It does all to keep his job some more years. Thomas was too popular for loose him. Now watch the old man loose his ability and become the next buyout like Murray and Schaefer.

The biggest importance for a NHL club is  popularity, because Popularity = Fans = Money.  Not a Stanley cup(Very expensive the following year)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: The real mistake

Actually, because of his 'age' when he signed the contract, buying him out would not take his cap hit off of the books.  Only a trade could do that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I agree. It was a mistake to give Thomas $5mil per year. He would have been happy with $2.5 to $3mil

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Its too late now. The games are done. Go ahead.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

We have what we have but the Bruins lost more than a scorer when they lost kessel. They lost speed and a go to guy on their first line. The real mistake is not getting that go to guy for Savard to feed and we will find out soon how much we need him. Strum could fit the bill if he is his usual self but I am worried the Bruins will not have the scoring we will need as the season goes on and into the playoffs. With the picks we got for Kessel we can help ourselves in this area, but mark my words we will need some scoring and speed up front. With the players we lost on the off-season the Bruins will slip and may lose first in the East.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Here are some goalie salaries in the same range as Thomas.
    Maybe TT's salary isn't so bad after all, Where are all the ownership bashers?

Bryzgalov, IljaPhoenix Coyotes$4,250,000.00
    DiPietro, RickNew York Islanders$4,500,000.00
    Huet, CristobalChicago Blackhawks$5,625,000.00
    Kiprusoff, MiikkaCalgary Flames$7,000,000.
    Lundqvist, HenrikNew York Rangers$6,875,000.00
    Luongo, RobertoVancouver Canucks$7,500,000.00
    Miller, RyanBuffalo Sabres$6,250,000.00
    Nabokov, EvgeniSan Jose Sharks$6,000,000.00
    Theodore, JoseWashington Capitals$4,500,000.00

Toskala, VesaToronto Maple Leafs$4,000,000.00
    Turco, MartyDallas Stars$5,400,000.00
    Vokoun, TomasFlorida Panthers$5,700,000.00
    Giguere, Jean-SebastienAnaheim Ducks$6,000,000.00

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Harry sinden had already confim to journalists in the years 90. <<The ideal position for a club is to go to the seventh game of the Stanley cup final and loose it.>>

Shure Harry, more cash and no salary increase.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

BlueChip, there is this thing in the NHL now called a "salary cap"

General managers need to consider the "salary cap" when signing players because without the right amount of space under the "salary cap" you can't sign the players you want.

in the new NHL, the "salary cap" forces GMs to make tough decisions about who to pay, and for the Bruins management, they decided Rask, Wheeler, Savard, Lucic were going to demand more money that wouldn't be availble if they signed Kessel for $5+ million and used up all their "salary cap" space.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE THESE FREAKING PEOPLE SOMEONE SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD SO I DON'T WASTE MORE TIME READING PATHETIC THREADS

90% Boston fans are absolute MEAT HEADS i hope they all die in a fire.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Ok Jwensink but

Just the first six :

Bryzgalov, 29 year old
    DiPietro, 27
    Huet, 33
    Kiprusoff, 32
    Lundqvist, 27
    Luongo, 30

average = 29.66

If thomas was 30 years old I would be agree, but betwen 35 and 39 even a goaler habitually loses his ability to perform.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

REALLY???? You don't have any problems paying Morris 3M? Bregeron 5M (granted he was kickin "but" when he signed his contract...we didn't forsee his injury) Rask 2M (unproven palyer)?
    But you have an issue paying a Jennings/Vezina winning goalie 5M.
    Hmmmm. ok.
    Timmy has paid his dues, took "alot" of flak when he came to the NHL and outperformed all the other goalies in the league.
    I loved seeing that Know-nothing Nick Kiprios eat crow, for bashing Thomas these past few yearsLaughing.
    Point is, he will be a round a few more years. His style won't change, so he's still gonna be awesome. And I can't think of a better mentor for Tukka.
    When his playing career is over, I hope the B's hire him as a goalie coach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

LOLL Olsonic,,, may be I`m not correct it`s just my opinion. But
    IF SOMEONE SHOOT YOU IN THE HEAD LIKE YOU WANT. I AGREE WITH YOU. LOLLL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

OK 77fan,,, but Understand me well, my problem is not with the 5 million$ by year but with the contract term (4 years)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: The real mistake:
    We have what we have but the Bruins lost more than a scorer when they lost kessel. They lost speed and a go to guy on their first line. The real mistake is not getting that go to guy for Savard to feed and we will find out soon how much we need him. Strum could fit the bill if he is his usual self but I am worried the Bruins will not have the scoring we will need as the season goes on and into the playoffs. With the picks we got for Kessel we can help ourselves in this area, but mark my words we will need some scoring and speed up front. With the players we lost on the off-season the Bruins will slip and may lose first in the East.
    Posted by brunod

Sturm is almost as fast as Kessel.  The question is, can he play right wing?  

Ryder and Savard never got much chemistry going last year.  But maybe they can still.  That leaves Wheeler.  Not a blaze of speed there.  Perhaps some surprise will show up-- Hamill or even Begin.  Begin is fast and has some skills, based on these few pre-season games.   

It will be interesting to see who can synch with Savard this year.  Sure bet the coach will try lots of combinations.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

I have a real hard time reading any of these posts on here.  Do you guys even watch the games?  Kessel was weak on the puck and too much of a wussy, good ridence.  Wheeler has talent and more speed than you think.  Bergeron will have a comeback year, let the season begin! 

In Response to Re: The real mistake : Sturm is almost as fast as Kessel.  The question is, can he play right wing?   Ryder and Savard never got much chemistry going last year.  But maybe they can still.  That leaves Wheeler.  Not a blaze of speed there.  Perhaps some surprise will show up-- Hamill or even Begin.  Begin is fast and has some skills, based on these few pre-season games.    It will be interesting to see who can synch with Savard this year.  Sure bet the coach will try lots of combinations.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Yes clamMan,,,,the defense is also interesting. Now we have possibly a big tree, with Chara, Morris Widerman.  Then Stuart Hunwick, and Boychuck are young and not bad. Ference is in his last year he would be traded for a young defenseman before to lose him next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Lucic-Savard-Wheeler
    Sturm-Kjeci-Ryder
    Recchi-Bergeron-Kobasew
    Bitz/Marchand-Begin-Thorton
    There's your forward lines. As far as Thomas getting $5 mill at 39? Look at what Luongo will be getting when he's 40? And yes even though Luongo is supposedly the elite of the elite. He still has never won a Vezina & he's only won a couple more play-off games than Thomas! You people who complain about the Tank are stupid! When was the last time the B's had a goalie this awesome! When they had Steve Shields!!!!God you people! Be happy that we have Thomas & we're going to have someone who's going to be amazing for a long time in Rask! Thomas deserved that contract. Even though I'm a Canadian I'm pulling for Timmy right up to gold medal game in Vancouver. And if Canada isn't in that game & the US is. I'll be pulling for him all the way. GO TANK, GO B's

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Remember you, others former good goaltenders here , Pete Peters, Reggie Lemelin, Gilles Gilbert, Byron Dafoe, ect......
    I like Tim Thomas, but he`s not Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

I like Tim Thomas, but he`s not  Martin Brodeur
    Posted by BlueChip99

Martin Brodeur..... the barrack obama of goaltenders...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

he signed his deal befre he turned 35, he can be bought out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Remember you, others former good goaltenders here , Pete Peters, Reggie Lemelin, Gilles Gilbert, Byron Dafoe, ect...... I like Tim Thomas, but he`s not Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur Posted by BlueChip99

Oh I see what the problem is with your broken english it's because he's American born. You'd only tip your hat to Timmy if he were a Canadien born player Gotcha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

Lucic-Savard-Wheeler Sturm-Kjeci-Ryder Recchi-Bergeron-Kobasew Bitz/Marchand-Begin-Thorton There's your forward lines. As far as Thomas getting $5 mill at 39? Look at what Luongo will be getting when he's 40? And yes even though Luongo is supposedly the elite of the elite. He still has never won a Vezina & he's only won a couple more play-off games than Thomas! You people who complain about the Tank are stupid! When was the last time the B's had a goalie this awesome! When they had Steve Shields!!!!God you people! Be happy that we have Thomas & we're going to have someone who's going to be amazing for a long time in Rask! Thomas deserved that contract. Even though I'm a Canadian I'm pulling for Timmy right up to gold medal game in Vancouver. And if Canada isn't in that game & the US is. I'll be pulling for him all the way. GO TANK, GO B's
    Posted by nitemare-38

i agree totaly on this lineup
    i think wheeler is really going to lite it up this year and that line with savard between two big boys their going to be hard to contain down low

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Oh man! 4m for Toskala. I think ESPN described him as the sort of goalie that only GMs love when they're looking for a number 1 draft pick!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

You need a total team commitment..the right balance of veterans, youth speed and grit..

If the Bruins wanted floaters possible cancers in the dressing room they would go out and sign a few Afinegenovs, Mike Ribeiros, and Yashins..

Tim Thomas has saved our glutes the past few seasons and you wish to pay him with what coupons...

The future looks good for Boston in terms of depth, picks and organization..

Have a great season Bruins and with PC driving the bus  we may very well get to Stanley Cup Avenue

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins9186dc. Show bruins9186dc's posts

i'm glad thomas is back, by the end of the deal; rask will be the main guy. at first i thought the thomas deal was a little much, than i realized all the goalies i've watched in net during my lifetime...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I agree. It was a mistake to give Thomas $5mil per year. He would have been happy with $2.5 to $3mil
    Posted by Wheatskins

Are you his mom or something??  How the hell would you know that he'd be happy with $2.5 - $3 mil.  Right now I think he's about 11th in goalie salary.  You really think he'd be happy being one of the lowest paid goalies in the league the yr after winning the Vezina. 

Where do you guys come up with some of these comments???

Sections
Shortcuts