THE REASON KOBASEW WAS TRADED: VERY DISTURBING

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

THE REASON KOBASEW WAS TRADED: VERY DISTURBING

"HackswithHaggs
    Chiarelli admitted that "in part" he had to trade Kobasew to bring Marchand and Sobotka from Providence. Bruins were up against salary cap"

Basically Chiarelli has mismanaged and fouled up this salary cap situation so badly by over paying so many players that Chiarelli now has to trade NHL talent to bring up AHL callups. There is no excuse for this, I dont think I have ever even heard of such a thing before.

If you think it is bad now wait until next season when Lucic 4+ Million deal kicks in, the bonus cushion is gone and Rask needs a new deal, as well as Savard, Wheeler, Stuart & Thornton...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flossy8. Show flossy8's posts

Re: THE REASON KOBASEW WAS TRADED: VERY DISTURBING

"Chiarelli now has to trade NHL talent to bring up AHL callups."

Thank you! I have been saying for the last 2 seasons that Chiarelli was painting himself into a corner with all these deals and it is beginning to show and is very very worriesome, even more so with how dreadful these guys are playing.

Still mystifying why EVERYONE got extensions this year just because of a good regular season? Big deal MOC had plenty of those, I wonder when the bafoons in the Buffalo/Causeway St. offices will realize it is about the playoffs and not selling watered down beer and season tickets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

In Response to THE REASON KOBASEW WAS TRADED: VERY DISTURBING:
    "HackswithHaggs Chiarelli admitted that "in part" he had to trade Kobasew to bring Marchand and Sobotka from Providence. Bruins were up against salary cap" Basically Chiarelli has mismanaged and fouled up this salary cap situation so badly by over paying so many players that Chiarelli now has to trade NHL talent to bring up AHL callups. There is no excuse for this, I dont think I have ever even heard of such a thing before. If you think it is bad now wait until next season when Lucic 4+ Million deal kicks in, the bonus cushion is gone and Rask needs a new deal, as well as Savard, Wheeler, Stuart & Thornton...
    Posted by Gardensupportor

It could also be the reason that they don't want to play a 3rd line NHL forward $2.33M when they can pay guys who are NHL ready the same amount.

The fact that you looked at Haggs' post and read that is kind of confusing. Guys like Marchand and Sobotka were kept in Providence for a reason last year...to play in Boston.

Kobasew is a dime-a-dozen player so paying him that amount of money is ludicrious. If you want players like Savard back, you're going to have to make sacrifices and get rid of players.

Look at Savard, Wheeler and Rask to come back while Stuart and possibly Chara are gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm waiting for the Kobasew interview and then will pass judgement but yes the major reason is they needed cap space and it's not to bring up AHL players.
    I do believe right now the Bruins are not as strong as they were last year on offense.
    Maybe Marchand can prove me wrong and will replace a Kobasew . If he does then Chiarelli made a great move .
    As for Sobotka,  this is it !  He must prove his value.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EratX. Show EratX's posts

In Response to Re: THE REASON KOBASEW WAS TRADED: VERY DISTURBING:
    but yes the major reason is they needed cap space and it's not to bring up AHL players.
    Posted by BsLegion

CHIARELLI JUST SAID THAT WAS THE REASON!!!!

The lengths the Bruins apologists will go to to defend the organization never ceases to amaze me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueDragon67. Show BlueDragon67's posts

PC is the worst salary cap GM in the NHL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

PK the mastermind sends Kobasew to Minny to make sure they finish ahead of Toronto. PK takes that pick and packages it to Pitt for Malkin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: THE REASON KOBASEW WAS TRADED: VERY DISTURBING : CHIARELLI JUST SAID THAT WAS THE REASON!!!! The lengths the Bruins apologists will go to to defend the organization never ceases to amaze me.
    Posted by EratX

I'm not apologizing ,  read the rest of the posts because as we stand we're not as strong as we were last year on offense.
    Bringing up players that have 2 way contracts can be sent down again and frees up cap space again in order to make maybe another trade.
    HE TRADED KOBASEW FOR FLEXIBILITY ON THE CAP ! 
    Not every injury can be long term and therefore the Bruins could have been in deeper trouble with no cap space available.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I just watched an interview with Chia on the Bruins website and he clearly stats that the move freed up space....where is your quote from???  Some people on this site our damn one-sided its hard to have a discussion.  Please link the quote....seriously.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I just watched an interview with Chia on the Bruins website and he clearly stats that the move freed up space....where is your quote from???  Some people on this site our damn one-sided its hard to have a discussion.  Please link the quote....seriously.....
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Thank you. They only listen or read parts . Just like I'm an apologist but doesn't see the rest of what I said that I don't see the Bruins offense being as strong as last season (at least right now) . Not like I took Chiarelli's side just yet.  Do I sound like an apologist ???
    Besides the flexibility to free up cap space give you the possibility to bring up players that have 2way contracts etc... Maybe that's what ERAT partially heard.
    BTW would love to have Erat in Boston. Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Not surprising Kobasew was underchaieving having to play on a line with Recchi. Now that is the guy that needed to be shipped out of here, he looks pathetic out there trying to keep up, even worse than Glen Murray did in his final season.  Players like Kobasew aren't as easily replaceable as people may think.  I liked his reckless style of play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueDragon67. Show BlueDragon67's posts

Posted by TuukkainNet

Hey meatball the link is right there with the blue writing in the first post! Click on it! Are you new to computers or something? Do you dress yourself in the morning?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Re: THE REASON KOBASEW WAS TRADED: VERY DISTURBING : Hey meatball the link is right there with the blue writing in the first post! Click on it! Are you new to computers or something? Do you dress yourself in the morning?
    Posted by BlueDragon67

A twitter account is the source..lol...are you serious?  And I'm the meatball..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE REASON KOBASEW WAS TRADED: VERY DISTURBING : Hey meatball the link is right there with the blue writing in the first post! Click on it! Are you new to computers or something? Do you dress yourself in the morning?
    Posted by BlueDragon67[/QUOTE

and that link means squat !  It's just like a soap opera , the Enquirer!
    On this link they only touch the surface and we all know that hockey is not a priority for these guys . Now Scott Boras ........
    You want to hear the official reason go on the Bruins webpage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Hi. I dress myself and I don't quote twitter as a source.

I'd also like to add that all teams are up against a cap and stating the fact is utterly uninformative. The informative part abouty the foul-up is gardensupporter's opinion. Here is a relevant quote from haggerty:

"Clearing Kobasew’s $2.3 million off the books allows Chiarelli plenty of cap room to bring up extra bodies from Providence, and also allows B’s coach Claude Julien to introduce the bench to players that aren’t giving their full effort out on the ice. Kobasew had a single assist in seven games this season, and really hadn’t been much of a factor skating with Patrice Bergeron and Mark Recchi. "

Not much of a newsflash.

Another relevant and explanatory quote:

"The draft picks give Chiarelli an abundance of bargaining chips once big-time scorers become available around the trade deadline. Boston is clearly in the best position to wheel and deal at the deadline, and now has even more bargaining power with another pick."

Anyway, Legion et al., I'm pretty excited about Marchand, and although Chucky was great, he wasn't going to be a Sturm. At least not in the time frame that we need that kind of offense.

Source: WEEI
    http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2009/10/18/bruins-trade-kobasew-to-the-minnesota-wild/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

This team is going to sink like a stone to the bottom of the NHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from njm800. Show njm800's posts

I would have given kobasew to minny provided they simply take his contract.  Getting what we got in return was a steal.

I think Marchand will be an upgrade over Kobasew straight up.  The guy's been frustrating since he got here.  Like someone else said, can anyone rememer a single goal he scored?  Yes, he hustles and skates fast in a straight line, but has no vision, creativity, and little offensive skill.  Good riddance, give Bergeron some fresh legs to play with.

And people rip PC, but he moved an underperforming asset by taking advantage of minny's desperate situation due to their injuries and got a good return on a replacable malfuntioning part. 

Lookin forward to Sobotka too, hopefully he plays like he did in 06-07 with the same tenacity but 2 years better.

And "what's the deal" (seinfeld) with everyone calling people Bruins apologists?  If I don't rant about sheep and Jacob's and not supporting him by not buying tix does that make me an apologist too?

Just my thoughts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think we all need to wait and see how this pans out...

I tend to agree with some of you who have said we way overpaid for some unproven young talent in the offseason (my words to describe what happened, not anyone elses.)

I had no problem letting Kessel go if it meant keeping the core together, it seems like this team has a lot of dust on them from the break (dust which should have come off during pre-season.)

Give the season 20 games and see where we are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from njm800. Show njm800's posts

Great point B's Fan in New Jersey - I'm sure the Bruins went 3-4-0 or something close to this years record over a 7 game span (6 points) probably 4-5 times last year, tho I didnt go thru last years scores to verify.  This years span of 7 poor games started at the start of the year so it is greatly magnified (I hope - I mean they'll be good when most of their talent returns to the "regular" level of play, hich should happn for the majority of players".  Does anyone really think the Rangers will keep winning 7 out of 8 all year?  Its a long season, many things wil change, and last year game 8 was the start of our sensation FALL dominence, a dominance which ended long long before the playoffs come around.

Let's hang in there for a bit and see how it plays out.  Yes it is hard to watch games like the one again Phoenix, but im here for the long haul.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

explanatory quote: "The draft picks give Chiarelli an abundance of bargaining chips once big-time scorers become available around the trade deadline. Boston is clearly in the best position to wheel and deal at the deadline, and now has even more bargaining power with another pick." Source: WEEI http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2009/10/18/bruins-trade-kobasew-to-the-minnesota-wild/ Posted by BruinsUnite

One more time please sing with me! "More bargaining chips", "Boston is clearly in the best position to wheel and deal." "With Bargaining power!" 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

BU like your post except the part that Kobie wasn't going to be a Sturm. I would take Kobie ahead of the older underachieving Sturm anytime anyday.

To free up space I would send Sturm to hoboken, until he waived his NTC. Pay him his 3.5M in the minors.

Sturm
    36 goals 106 Games $7,326,425 since signing big contract in 2007. This all as #1 liner.Playoffs  2 G 2A 7 Games

Kobasew
    43Goals   148 Games   $3,405,527 in same time. 2nd and 3rd line(checking)
    Playoffs  3G 3A 11 Games
    I'll take Kobies play anytime over Sturm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Not surprising Kobasew was underchaieving having to play on a line with Recchi. Now that is the guy that needed to be shipped out of here, he looks pathetic out there trying to keep up, even worse than Glen Murray did in his final season.  Players like Kobasew aren't as easily replaceable as people may think.  I liked his reckless style of play.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

100% ON THE MONEY - 20 + goals scorer with heart who played with wreckless abandon, this guy hit everything in sight last year. Teamed up this year with Recchi who is pathetic, and Bergeron who is making twice as much, couldn't break an egg, and scored 8 goals last season. I'm really getting concerned with Chia and Julien - a soft bunch of top forwards, and you get rid of one of the few with the balls to forecheck with authority?  If this is first domino in a some greater plan...OK , if not then it's a bigtime warning signal for the incompetence of B's management. If he wanted to bring up some youth from Providence, then explain why they wasted 3 million for Bitz, Hunwick, and Recchi. Oh yeh those three will really put us over the top. How's that workin out ?????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from njm800. Show njm800's posts

From TSN.ca

"The Wild added RW Chuck Kobasew from Boston, which provides some much-needed forward depth, but probably won't cause a dramatic change in the team's offensive fortunes."

Minny to scored only 216 goals last year to our 274, and he's a depth forward.

Let's not cry over spilled nothing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SofieForTheBs. Show SofieForTheBs's posts

Two great posts, njm800.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

1) Rangers won 10 of their first 13 last year, then clinched the final playoff berth on the last day.

2) Bruins did the same "win one, lose one" routine for the first 7 or 8 games, then dominated the rest of the way.

3) Teams had a VERY condensed preseason, due to the upcoming olympic break.

4) Because of the condensed preseason, there was no teambuilding workshop as is normal.

Why is everyone all bent out of shape? The season is SO young...

Sections
Shortcuts