The reason krejci got hurt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

The reason krejci got hurt

some people on this site have realized this and others have not. You guys remember the LA Kings game at home in late january. Mark stuart absolutely nails anze kopitar and then he fights wayne simmonds. I remember brickley's words in regards to the kopitar hit and he said "If Im kopitar im not mad at stuart hes doing his job, Im mad at the guy that gave me that pass, peter harrold. Thats a sucker pass"

Same thing with krejci. Chara's pass was what got him killed. If chara chips it off glass krejci is still playing in the playoffs. It was a pass that krejci had to slow down and turn around for, and he absolutely paid the price for it. Chara should have been smarter.

Dont get me wrong im dissapointed krejci got hurt, but I realize that without krejci getting hit, satan's goal doesnt happen. At least DK took one for the team. Hope hes 100% on opening night in october

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: The reason krejci got hurt

yeah, it was a clean hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

There is one point in defense of Chara however - when he made the pass I don't think he could see Richards.  Lucic was in between them.  From where he was he saw Krejci building up a head of steam and no orange jerseys nearby at all.
    It was also a good pass, Krejci doesn't even slow down and it hits his stick right on the blade.  He might have had to reach a little and that's what got his head down.  I'm not sure where you saw him turn.
    The result was awful, but I don't think it was that bad of a decision.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to The reason krejci got hurt:
    some people on this site have realized this and others have not. You guys remember the LA Kings game at home in late january. Mark stuart absolutely nails anze kopitar and then he fights wayne simmonds. I remember brickley's words in regards to the kopitar hit and he said "If Im kopitar im not mad at stuart hes doing his job, Im mad at the guy that gave me that pass, peter harrold. Thats a sucker pass" Same thing with krejci. Chara's pass was what got him killed. If chara chips it off glass krejci is still playing in the playoffs. It was a pass that krejci had to slow down and turn around for, and he absolutely paid the price for it. Chara should have been smarter. Dont get me wrong im dissapointed krejci got hurt, but I realize that without krejci getting hit, satan's goal doesnt happen. At least DK took one for the team. Hope hes 100% on opening night in october
    Posted by mikehawkislong69

Great insight; quite right.  Thanks, for that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Blame Chara?  He's been immense.  Great timed hit by Richards (even though I hate it).  The Bruins wanted control of the middle of the ice, Krejci was there in a vulnerable but offensive position.  How can you blame Chara - we wouldn't be out of Buffalo without his play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Krejci has to know where other players are. He didn't have his head up. Yeah he had to look back at the puck, but if he had looked around first he could have adjusted as necessary, and decided not to take the pass, or at least slow down, wait for it, and touch pass it somewhere else then avoid the hit.

Chara was trying for a breakout pass. Can't fault him for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Tough break...excuse the pun. Happened very quickly, but as you all saw, it was a clean hit.

I remember having the same thing happen to me in my bantam year......only I was carrying the puck one on one against the D-man and put my head down for a second.....BIG mistake. He cut in and caught me square in mid section and SNAP there goes my wrist. Was very painful......and wasn't pleasant getting it re-set. Thankfully I didn't require surgery........or have any lasting affects.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Shoulda, woulda, coulda's yah Z should have chipped it out but Defensemen hang there forwards out to dry all the time that's hockey and so was that hit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

"The reason Krejci got hurt"

Because he plays professional hockey, it's a contact sport and he got hit hard with a solid, CLEAN hit.
    Happens every day in hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

How idiotic to blame Chara.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

It's a good thing we got a 5th or 6th thread to talk about it though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: The reason krejci got hurt:
    Posted by Bruins-Fan-In-MD

I've heard a few analysts talk about Chara' suicide pass so it's not just him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Posted by Bruins-Fan-In-MD

I don't think it's an idiotic observation at all, frankly after watching it over and over, it looked like a combination of the Chara pass behind, DK looking back and a HUGE (clean) hit by Richards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from manitoba. Show manitoba's posts

Bruins scored winning goal on play.Mabye KREJCI
    took hit to eliminate Richard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

This takes chara bashing to a new level. DK was not playing heads up hockey on that play and got crushed with a clean hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Bruins scored winning goal on play.Mabye KREJCI took hit to eliminate Richard.
    Posted by manitoba

Maybe, but I don't think so. From the one angle of the replay I saw a bunch of times, he never got his head up to see the hit coming.

Someone should eliminate Carcillo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

yeah, it was a clean hit.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

seriously sttfu. It was not a clean hit. It was a free hit on a vulnerable player by Richards the best legal cheap shot artist in the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Completely legitimate post and point-of-view.  Anyone who thinks it is not the responsibility of the D-Man to protect the forward when making a pass either never played hockey or was a D-Man that routinely exposed his teammates to big hits.

That being said, I don't think Chara did that in this case.  This is a tape-to-tape pass, and Richards came from the same general direction as the pass. I am sure that Chara and Krejci are both thinking that with three Flyers trapped down by the Boston net that Richards would take a more defensive posture and not give up a 2-1 to make the big hit.

In the end, Richards threw a tremendous (clean) hit on Krejci, but gave up a 2-1 that lead to a goal, so Richards certainly earned his -1 on the play.  Krejci has been outstanding in these playoffs and will be a huge loss for the B's to overcome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

You can't blame Chara, everyone has to keep their head up at all times.

Did the contact of the hit, or the contact with the ice on the fall do the damage to Krecji's wrist?    If it was the fall, then really, as huge as the hit was, any hit could have had the same result.   Wideman tripping over the paint under the ice and falling down with no one around could have landed awkwardly and hurt his wrist.

The hit was hard and clean, just like a few Bruins did in open ice in the Buffalo series.   Usually there isn't an injury, but sometimes sh*t happens.