The road to Toronto's 1st pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The road to Toronto's 1st pick

This thread is to follow how this first pick from TO will go. Toronto has currently 69 points with 5 games left. If they win every game they will end up with 79 points. As of today 7 teams are within reach(technically). As of today...worst case scenario for the Bruins would be an 8 overall pick. Let the fun begin...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Re: The road to Toronto's 1st pick

If we are lucky enough (please!) to get the 2nd overall pick this year, and Edmonton takes Seguin with the 1st overall, how exciting would it be to get Taylor Hall (assuming the PC doesn't have a Wideman cramp and pick someone else, which I am scared will happen)?  Hall seems to be the kind of guy who internally would be pissed that he wasn't taken 1st overall, and thus have some added motivation. 

Let's get it done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

With 4 games to play TO can still end up with 79 points.

-Still 7 teams within reach.
    -Still worst case scenario an 8th overall pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: The road to Toronto's 1st pick:
    With 4 games to play TO can still end up with 79 points. -Still 7 teams within reach. -Still worst case scenario an 8th overall pick.
    Posted by lucaooo

That is virtually impossible.  The Panthers and LIghtning play each other twice.  The  Lightning play the Canes once.  Therefore, those 3 teams must split those points somehow.  Columbus currently has 77 points and would win the tie breaker with 2 more points because they will have more wins.  All Columbus, Lightning, and Panthers have to do is register one win to clinch it.  Canes need just an OT game.  The Islanders are the most vulnerable, they must come up with 5 pts in 5 games to exceed 79.  If Toronto loses one game, then the worst we can pick is 5th as Toronto would be the 4th worst.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As much as I want the Bruins to make the playoffs, and as much as I want them to draft Hall or Seguin, more than anything I want them to control their destiny and make these things reality.  And Saturday night, they control their destiny.  A win in regulation and the Leafs have three games to make up at least 3 points.  Not impossible, but not realistic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Look at Toronto's last 4 opponents, as well. They will face Boston, Philly, NYR, and Montreal.  All of them are having their struggles, but someone is going to come away with wins.  Each team can play tough and beat Toronto, and each game should in their minds be decisive in whether or not they make it into or stay in the playoff race.  Philly is the only team out of these last four that will on paper have the most difficult time with Toronto, but in reality each game is up in the air.  The positive is that none of these remaining teams facing Toronto should view the games as 'easy'.  Toronto is playing excellent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgmlrm3706. Show sgmlrm3706's posts

The bruins just need to win as many games as possible, especially the game vs. Toronto. Toronto needs to come down with the flu or something as I here the draft is deep but there are really only two guys who stand out and we could get one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Look at Toronto's last 4 opponents, as well. They will face Boston, Philly, NYR, and Montreal.  All of them are having their struggles, but someone is going to come away with wins.  Each team can play tough and beat Toronto, and each game should in their minds be decisive in whether or not they make it into or stay in the playoff race.  Philly is the only team out of these last four that will on paper have the most difficult time with Toronto, but in reality each game is up in the air.  The positive is that none of these remaining teams facing Toronto should view the games as 'easy'.  Toronto is playing excellent.
    Posted by shaunk

Yes, I agree that the last 4 teams they face are having problems, but a close look.
    Flyers - they are in real trouble 2-6-2 in their last 10 which is the worst in the entire league.  Worse than Edmonton.  Worse than Toronto.  This actually should be a Leafs win.  What the Flyers have is knuckleheads and I see Colton Orr doing the lion's share of work out there.

Rangers and us have been showing up and not showing u all season.  For sure they will come out highly motivated against the Leafs.

Habs will likely be playing them in a meaningful game, probably for 6th place, so they will be motivated.  And the rivalry there is huge.  Even if the game is meaningless point wise, it will be important for the Habs to go out on a positive note.

So Toronto has the equivalent of 5 playoff games to finish out the season.  They won one last night.  They are in for 4 very tough games coming up where things will be very physical.  The odds are that they will lose a couple

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

The bruins just need to win as many games as possible, especially the game vs. Toronto. Toronto needs to come down with the flu or something as I here the draft is deep but there are really only two guys who stand out and we could get one.
    Posted by sgmlrm3706
    There are 3 standouts. Hall, Seguin and Fowler. I'd be happy with any one of them. I know we need a scorer, but Fowler could solidify the defense for many years to come.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

With now only 3 games left TO can get a maximum of 78 points.

-Now 6 teams within reach
    -Worst case scenario is now a 7th overall pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

One more Toronto loss will mean the Isles and Canes are guaranteed a better finish, and the sunshine state teams will only need 2 points eacn through their last 4 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

So, 29th based on wins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

With only 2 games left TO can get a maximum of 76 points.

-Now only 3 teams within reach
    -Worst case scenario is a 4th overall pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

With only 1 game left to TO...they can get a maximum of 74 points but will still have less wins than Tampa and Florida.

For this reason it is now mission accomplished on the Toronto side because the Leafs are assured to finish second to last.

Now let's take care of our own business and make the playoffs!!