The simple truth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

The simple truth

I think I'm all set with trying to figure out this hockey team. last night I thought Timmy was going to get on a roll and get ready to carry this team: nope.
    I thought Marco Sturm was going to have a real breakout year: nope.
    I thought this team was going to build upon the success that they enjoyed last year and take the next step forward: nope. Maybe Wideman will develop into better D-man based on last years performance: nope. 
    Well, of course we have the coach of the year, Vezina AND Norris winner so we'll be OK, right ?: nope. Ryder will put up some good numbers this year under coach Julien: nope. Man that Wheeler is going to do some damage now that he has one year under his belt: nope. There is no way that Ferrence will be injured as much as he was last year; nope. Phil Kessel? We have a high scoring team so losing him wont hurt us: nope. Yelle,Ward, Axie, Hnidy- get rid of these "character guys" because they are easily replaced: nope. I can't believe the Bruins actually have a team that will challenge for the Cup: nope
    nope, nope, nope , nope, yada yada yada yada.
    Same old Bruins with the same old tired results: Yup !!!
    Everytime they seem to put something together they follow it up with a stinker. The one thing they are is consistently inconsistent. So now the hope is that they will magically turn it on in the playoffs and go on one of those improbable runs that happens in the playoffs sometimes: nope

Sorry fellow fools but we have been tricked again (one day Charlie Brown is actually going to kick that football). What we have here is an indifferent, inconsistent, mediocre hockey team. They probably make the playoffs but dont be surprised if they dont. In the first round they lose the first 2 on the road. They come home and talk about how much pride they have and how they wont get swept. Maybe they split at home but, then they drop the series on the road.
    I used to snicker years back when I heard people say "I will never see the Red Sox win a World Series in my lifetime". Now, I know how they feel. They ARE NOT going to win the cup this year and I'm tired of "wait till next year". 

on the bright side, my therapist said he was able to buy that new boat he wanted because of you guys - Go B's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: The simple truth

Great post!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

If you would have told me that Savard and Lucic would miss half the season. Including Savard during the playoffs. Then I would have said to you the Bruins will not win a round if they make the playoffs.
    If you expected Sturm to have a "Break-out" year after coming off of major knee surgery then you are way too optimisitc.
    Besides that, the rest of the team (minus Rask and Rechi) fell short of expected numbers!
    Also Chara is hurt. No doubt about it, his finger and his leg are not 100%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In Response to Re: The simple truth:
    If you would have told me that Savard and Lucic would miss half the season. Including Savard during the playoffs. Then I would have said to you the Bruins will not win a round if they make the playoffs. If you expected Sturm to have a "Break-out" year after coming off of major knee surgery then you are way too optimisitc. Besides that, the rest of the team (minus Rask and Rechi) fell short of expected numbers! Also Chara is hurt. No doubt about it, his finger and his leg are not 100%
    Posted by paulmend

I cant say I disagree with you. I just want the Boston Bruins to win the Stanley Cup. That's all I ask.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

You Sir have hit the nail on the head and that is how it has been for way too many years and the hurt continues. I cannot believe this GM did not learn what it took to be an elite team from what happened last year. When you lose scoring you replace it with same or something better and the same goes for the rest of the grit, experience, speed and scoring we lost.
    PC has a chance in the off season to redeem himself in the draft and getting the talent needed thur RFA's, if he can't he and CJ should be gone.
    The fan abuse has to stop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

Everyday across Bruins Nation a couple of fans wake up and realize they are sheep.

The first step is to admit that you are indeed a sheep and then you will start to see everything a little more clearly.

I am a former sheep but I awoke from my Kool-Aid coma in 2001 when Ray Bourque had to flee Boston just for a shot to win a Cup. Don Sweeney tried a few years later in Dallas but failed.

Bruins fans will never see a Stanley Cup under the Jacobs regime.

Stay at home and watch on TV. It will add to your lifespan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

I have wanted that since I was like 10 years old and I have thought at least 5 or 6 times that "this could be the year"...only to have my heart broken again and again! It's easy to say, "Same ole' Bruins" or "Jeremy Jacobs ...cheap"! It's not easy to win the Cup, just ask Toronto, Chicago, LA, St. Louis, etc fans! Over 30+ years you would think one of those teams (Boston included) would have won a cup!
    Then there is the Pittsburghs (3 cups despite almost losing the franchise twice) Colorados (2 Cups after relocation), Tampas (had a hard time selling out playoff games before the finals) Carolina (another relocation Cup winner). Doesn't seem fair, no?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

This Bruins team is still has a much better shot in the playoffs than a few months ago.  We will see what happens and then judge them.  If they make it through the first round no one will remember how poor the regular season was.  in fact 10 years from now how many of us will remember the great regular season they had last year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Everyday across Bruins Nation a couple of fans wake up and realize they are sheep. The first step is to admit that you are indeed a sheep and then you will start to see everything a little more clearly. I am a former sheep but I awoke from my Kool-Aid coma in 2001 when Ray Bourque had to flee Boston just for a shot to win a Cup. Don Sweeney tried a few years later in Dallas but failed. Bruins fans will never see a Stanley Cup under the Jacobs regime. Stay at home and watch on TV. It will add to your lifespan.
    Posted by MiesterBruinmaker

I hate to admit it but, it is indeed true. During the Sinden years this was definitely true. I believe that the new regime WANTS to win the Cup but, I'm sure that ownwership does not make it easy (from a financial,resources standpoint) for them to do so. I have never ONCE heard anyone in management say that their goal is to win the Stanley Cup. Just amuse me next year and say it. I dont care if Jeremy, Charlie, Chiarelli, Neely, the team doctor, stickboy, Blades says it..... I dont give a damn: just tell me at the beginning of the year that "our goal is to win the Stanley Cup" so I can see that someone has a pulse over there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

This Bruins team is still has a much better shot in the playoffs than a few months ago.  We will see what happens and then judge them.  If they make it through the first round no one will remember how poor the regular season was.  in fact 10 years from now how many of us will remember the great regular season they had last year?
    Posted by lucaooo

I will. I will certainly remember last years season because it was actually FUN. not like every other year when it is nothing but painful. Remember the prom? yes it was fun. Remember the trip to Disneyland when you were a kid ? Yes, sir it was FUN. Those great street hockey games when you were 14 ? FUN, FUN, FUN.

Rooting for this team -Pain, heartache, disappointment, frustration, anger, shame. Might as well be a Leafs fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

I was a young man when Bobby Orr and the rest won the cup...and at least tasted that sweet nectar of winning the big prize....but the agony of nearly 40 years has passed and has me wondering if I will ever live to see it again...but hope and dream I will...its a bitter pill to swallow year after year falling short....some years more than others..but once again that spark of hope could burst into flame with the June draft....could there be another Orr...another Bourque... another Espo or Bucyk .....lets hope history finally repeats itself and a franchise player awaits....GO BRUINS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In Response to The simple truth:
    They ARE NOT going to win the cup this year and I'm tired of "wait till next year". 
    Posted by ed121501

"Wait tilll next year"? If you factor in the "quality" deals Chiarelli is making (Ference?) we'll all have to wait till next decade...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Rooting for this team -Pain, heartache, disappointment, frustration, anger, shame.
    Posted by ed121501

The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care, right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

I think I'm all set with trying to figure out this hockey team. last night I thought Timmy was going to get on a roll and get ready to carry this team: nope. I thought Marco Sturm was going to have a real breakout year: nope. I thought this team was going to build upon the success that they enjoyed last year and take the next step forward: nope. Maybe Wideman will develop into better D-man based on last years performance: nope.  Well, of course we have the coach of the year, Vezina AND Norris winner so we'll be OK, right ?: nope. Ryder will put up some good numbers this year under coach Julien: nope. Man that Wheeler is going to do some damage now that he has one year under his belt: nope. There is no way that Ferrence will be injured as much as he was last year; nope. Phil Kessel? We have a high scoring team so losing him wont hurt us: nope. Yelle,Ward, Axie, Hnidy- get rid of these "character guys" because they are easily replaced: nope. I can't believe the Bruins actually have a team that will challenge for the Cup: nope nope, nope, nope , nope, yada yada yada yada. Same old Bruins with the same old tired results: Yup !!! Everytime they seem to put something together they follow it up with a stinker. The one thing they are is consistently inconsistent. So now the hope is that they will magically turn it on in the playoffs and go on one of those improbable runs that happens in the playoffs sometimes: nope Sorry fellow fools but we have been tricked again (one day Charlie Brown is actually going to kick that football). What we have here is an indifferent, inconsistent, mediocre hockey team. They probably make the playoffs but dont be surprised if they dont. In the first round they lose the first 2 on the road. They come home and talk about how much pride they have and how they wont get swept. Maybe they split at home but, then they drop the series on the road. I used to snicker years back when I heard people say "I will never see the Red Sox win a World Series in my lifetime". Now, I know how they feel. They ARE NOT going to win the cup this year and I'm tired of "wait till next year".  on the bright side, my therapist said he was able to buy that new boat he wanted because of you guys - Go B's
    Posted by ed121501

Being a fan(atic) is a lot like the stock market. It's not for the weak.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

In Response to Re: The simple truth : The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care, right?
    Posted by DrCC

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”  Albert Einstein

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: The simple truth : “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”   Albert Einstein

Which is why I think Wheeler has lost his mind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The failures are just too obvious to ignore. !] Julien continuing to play Ryder and Wideman; although Hunwick hasn't exactly blossomed. 2] The game to game mistakes by Chara; 3] the lack of progress by Wheeler[ coaching not there?] 5] the injuries to Savard and Lucic; 6] the signing of Satan rather than bringing up a player from Providence;7] The flubbing of what could have been a very exciting "kid" line of Sabotka/Lucic/Marchant; 8] a non-scoring 4th line; 9] Sturm's lack of consistency; 10] The obvious mugging of Recchi by bigger/younger defensemen. This doesn't leave much for Chiarelli to work with

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

kudos to some of these posts, they were very funny yet very true.

here's one for u
    "the more things change the more they stay the same"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

If you would have told me that Savard and Lucic would miss half the season. Including Savard during the playoffs. Then I would have said to you the Bruins will not win a round if they make the playoffs. If you expected Sturm to have a "Break-out" year after coming off of major knee surgery then you are way too optimisitc. Besides that, the rest of the team (minus Rask and Rechi) fell short of expected numbers! Also Chara is hurt. No doubt about it, his finger and his leg are not 100%
    Posted by paulmend

Funny Chara'a "finger and leg" seemed just fine during the Olympics ???

PATHETIC

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

Everyday across Bruins Nation a couple of fans wake up and realize they are sheep. The first step is to admit that you are indeed a sheep and then you will start to see everything a little more clearly. I am a former sheep but I awoke from my Kool-Aid coma in 2001 when Ray Bourque had to flee Boston just for a shot to win a Cup. Don Sweeney tried a few years later in Dallas but failed. Bruins fans will never see a Stanley Cup under the Jacobs regime. Stay at home and watch on TV. It will add to your lifespan.

POST OF THE YEAR

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I think I'm all set with trying to figure out this hockey team. last night I thought Timmy was going to get on a roll and get ready to carry this team: nope. I thought Marco Sturm was going to have a real breakout year: nope. I thought this team was going to build upon the success that they enjoyed last year and take the next step forward: nope. Maybe Wideman will develop into better D-man based on last years performance: nope.  Well, of course we have the coach of the year, Vezina AND Norris winner so we'll be OK, right ?: nope. Ryder will put up some good numbers this year under coach Julien: nope. Man that Wheeler is going to do some damage now that he has one year under his belt: nope. There is no way that Ferrence will be injured as much as he was last year; nope. Phil Kessel? We have a high scoring team so losing him wont hurt us: nope. Yelle,Ward, Axie, Hnidy- get rid of these "character guys" because they are easily replaced: nope. I can't believe the Bruins actually have a team that will challenge for the Cup: nope nope, nope, nope , nope, yada yada yada yada. Same old Bruins with the same old tired results: Yup !!! Everytime they seem to put something together they follow it up with a stinker. The one thing they are is consistently inconsistent. So now the hope is that they will magically turn it on in the playoffs and go on one of those improbable runs that happens in the playoffs sometimes: nope Sorry fellow fools but we have been tricked again (one day Charlie Brown is actually going to kick that football). What we have here is an indifferent, inconsistent, mediocre hockey team. They probably make the playoffs but dont be surprised if they dont. In the first round they lose the first 2 on the road. They come home and talk about how much pride they have and how they wont get swept. Maybe they split at home but, then they drop the series on the road. I used to snicker years back when I heard people say "I will never see the Red Sox win a World Series in my lifetime". Now, I know how they feel. They ARE NOT going to win the cup this year and I'm tired of "wait till next year".  on the bright side, my therapist said he was able to buy that new boat he wanted because of you guys - Go B's
    Posted by ed121501

OK so I'm the guy who wrote this post. Man was I frustrated that day. I had hit my absolute rock bottom as a Bruins fan. So here I am a couple of months later and the B's are on the verge of sweeping the Flyers. Each year I go into the season convincing myself that, no matter what, the B's will come through and win that cup that I have been waiting for all these years. At the time I wrote this I had finally come to the conclusion that this was NOT going to be the year. This was my defense mechanism to guard against further misery. So what do the B's do ? They turn it around and play some of the most inspiring and entertaining hockey that I have ever seen from them in my 42 years. So, I now offer my sincerest apology.
    Many of the things that I wrote still hold true but the fact is this team has come together, shown heart and played well. 
    I just finalized my plans to go to L.A. and enjoy some sunshine and to also attend the NHL Draft. Cant wait to see Taylor Hall play for this team next year.
    GO BRUINS !!!!