The sky is not falling.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainerguy. Show mainerguy's posts

The sky is not falling.

If this were like football and there were only 16 games in the season then it would be time to start worrying. However, this is hockey, and we're only 5 games into the season. Is there anybody else here who is not in panic mode already? Judging by these discussion topics you'd think the team was fighting to squeeze into the playoffs. Let's all take a step back from the ledge, ok? Now let's go B's!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Re: The sky is not falling.

Check this out....PLEASE....and give it a rest for a few more games!!

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/james_duthie/?id=294197

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think a lot of the people who seem to be more "sky is falling" right now are those that thought the Bruins were bad already.  In their minds, the team has been bad for months because they were already thinking of them as being bad.  They were already calling for change, so no wonder these lackluster results are causing them to increase their volume.
    Some others are not quite panicky, but express concern not so much because of the losses as the nature of the losses, and how the team has played.  Have you been able to watch?  The Bruins have been brutal pretty often.
    There are plenty of us willing to wait until about 10 games in before we really get concerned.  That time is approaching way to fast though: they need to start trending upwards soon or it may be an indicator of worse problems than early season asynchronicity.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainerguy. Show mainerguy's posts

In Response to Re: The sky is not falling.:
    [QUOTE]I think a lot of the people who seem to be more "sky is falling" right now are those that thought the Bruins were bad already.  In their minds, the team has been bad for months because they were already thinking of them as being bad.  They were already calling for change, so no wonder these lackluster results are causing them to increase their volume. Some others are not quite panicky, but express concern not so much because of the losses as the nature of the losses, and how the team has played.  Have you been able to watch?  The Bruins have been brutal pretty often. There are plenty of us willing to wait until about 10 games in before we really get concerned.  That time is approaching way to fast though: they need to start trending upwards soon or it may be an indicator of worse problems than early season asynchronicity.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I certainly agree with the majority here. I have been able to watch most and have read up on all of the games and yes, the way they are losing surely is some cause for concern. However, the thing is that it's still only five games. If they were 3-2 and leading the Habs by 2 points would we even be having this discussion? The Hurricanes (the very team that ousted us last year, for those who may have forgotten) are also 2-3. Does anybody really think they are going to sit in the basement of Eastern conference all year long? This is just like after the first two weeks of the baseball season when the Orioles have a three game lead over the last place Yankees and people are psyched about the idea of New York missing the playoffs. I say give it two or three more weeks. If the B's are still floundering in the beginning of November, then we can all worry together.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

We have not fear that the Bruins will not make the series. It`s too soon for that. The fears result from the fact that the Bruins can`t finish in first place of their conference, as last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

I have been ashamed at their play so far. The only good game they played was against The Hurricanes. Which makes me think they are not too interested yet. The only time they played well was against the team that knocked them out last year. I think when Montreal, Toronto, Phily, NYR, Buffalo...teams like that appear on the schedule their play will be more spirited! (It better be)
    Face it games vs the Ducks, Isles, Avs, etc does not hold much rival factor. Also I think if Rask makes the save of the break-a-way the B's win yesterday. Don't get me wrong I like Rask but he failed to make any "BIG" Saves yesterday, unlike Anderson did for the Avs.

Sections
Shortcuts