The Top 6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: The Top 6

Once again, if Toronto nets us a top 2 pick, we can select Adam Larsson. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Drewski, I do think you underestimate the importance of the physical game.  Your posts sound like you think of it as a nice add on to the enjoyment of the game that ultimately has no effect on the outcome of the game itself.  Perhaps you don't feel that way, but that's the impression you give.  Physicality is the equal of talent in the building of a successful team.  Talent gets you nowhere if you are too weak to maintain possession of the puck - see Phil Kessel - just as physicality gets you nowhere if you have no talent - see Shawn Thornton.  Kessel may pot 30, but when the chips are down can he be relied upon? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Ference really isn't that bad of a player.  He's got great hockey IQ, he's a decent skater, and he can move the puck.  I don't question his skill, but it's the fact that he lacks durability.  I hate his contract for that reason alone.  If he weren't hurt 55-60 games a year, I'd say he's worth the 2.25 he makes.  Brandon Gormley's style of play is very similiar to that of Ference's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The Top 6:
    Ference really isn't that bad of a player.  He's got great hockey IQ, he's a decent skater, and he can move the puck.  I don't question his skill, but it's the fact that he lacks durability.  I hate his contract for that reason alone.  If he weren't hurt 55-60 games a year, I'd say he's worth the 2.25 he makes.  Brandon Gormley's style of play is very similiar to that of Ference's.
    Posted by beantowngm15

He is a decent skater and he can move the puck, but I'm not sure about his "hockey IQ".  What do you use to judge this?  I'd use his positioning and decision making, which seem to be below average.  There were plenty of goals last season scored on the B's because #21 was out of position.  Plenty of guys were left alone in front of the net because #21 was covering the wrong guy or decided to chase the puck carrier.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Decent and slightly above average is what I would use to describe Ference. If you take away his proneness to injuries his salary wouldn't be in question. The fact does still remain the Bruins do have a good win % when he's healthy.

I'm indifferent on Andrew if he stays ok that means McQuaid or Alexandrov gets more ice time to develop or Ference does have a moveable contract so either way is fine by me.

Sections
Shortcuts