There goes the bruins season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

There goes the bruins season

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=331329

The bruins should probably just call it quits now.

One of our best players is likely done for the season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: There goes the bruins season

If the B's were counting on him at any point this year, then they would likely be experiencing more brutal injury problems.  Too bad for Trent though, this type of injury at his age might be career-ending. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Here's Hamill's chance!  LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Good one jalvis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not my favorite player and didn't understand Julien's fascination with the guy last season .  On many occasions could've taken a winger from Prov. and made Sobotka play center but opted for Trent to play center.  Brought zero offense , escpecially when Krejci went down in the playoffs.  I would've rather have seen Marchand being centered by Sobotka.
    What I do feel bad for Trent though is he's battled all his career and is a hard worker. No reward here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: There goes the bruins season:
    [QUOTE]Not my favorite player and didn't understand Julien's fascination with the guy last season .  On many occasions could've taken a winger from Prov. and made Sobotka play center but opted for Trent to play center.  Brought zero offense , escpecially when Krejci went down in the playoffs.  I would've rather have seen Marchand being centered by Sobotka. What I do feel bad for Trent though is he's battled all his career and is a hard worker. No reward here.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Well said. I agree 100%

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There goes the bruins season : Well said. I agree 100%
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
    I wouldn't poke fun at the guy. It must be devastating to him as a Achilles heel might never heel properly. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

You are right about him not bringing to much scoring touch, but I think JC new he didn't have to worry as much when he didn't have the puck as say, a rookie might in playoff action. Hard worker from the flats of Saskatechewan, where folks live and die for their hockey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Not my favorite player and didn't understand Julien's fascination with the guy last season .  On many occasions could've taken a winger from Prov. and made Sobotka play center but opted for Trent to play center.  Brought zero offense , escpecially when Krejci went down in the playoffs.  I would've rather have seen Marchand being centered by Sobotka. What I do feel bad for Trent though is he's battled all his career and is a hard worker. No reward here.

Spot on, bro.  I'd imagine this would be a tough one to return from at any age, never mind at 33.  He couldn't be faulted for lack of effort.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the odds in vegas are shuffling...........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

I guess like some people on this board have said  we are really stuck with Savard now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Spot on. 

It wasn't Whitfield's fault that CJ opted to use him as the third line center.  He just came in and did his job.  I hope that he is able to resume what's left of his career after he heals.  What a brutal injury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Well put, he was a gamer, but too much a Cj style of don't try to score left his game moot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There goes the bruins season : Well put, he was a gamer, but too much a Cj style of don't try to score left his game moot.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Oh, come now. You may not like Julien's defensive style, but there's no coach on earth that tells his players not to try to score. They worked constantly on shooting drills in practice, but sadly guys like Ryder and Wheeler had bad scoring seasons. The coach can't put it in the net for them. And Julien was the same guy that coached them the previous year, when they were second in the NHL in scoring. What changed? Other than the slumps, Savard's absense for one, Lucic's for another, Krejci's injury-induced horribly slow start for another, and Chara's mangled finger (which handicapped his shot) for yet another. 

As for Whitfield, this could certainly end his career. It's pretty sad when fans think it's no big deal, because it may not mean much of anything for the Bruins, it means everything to Whitfield, and he was a good soldier for this organization.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There goes the bruins season : Oh, come now. You may not like Julien's defensive style, but there's no coach on earth that tells his players not to try to score. They worked constantly on shooting drills in practice, but sadly guys like Ryder and Wheeler had bad scoring seasons. The coach can't put it in the net for them. And Julien was the same guy that coached them the previous year, when they were second in the NHL in scoring. What changed? Other than the slumps, Savard's absense for one, Lucic's for another, Krejci's injury-induced horribly slow start for another, and Chara's mangled finger (which handicapped his shot) for yet another.  As for Whitfield, this could certainly end his career. It's pretty sad when fans think it's no big deal, because it may not mean much of anything for the Bruins, it means everything to Whitfield, and he was a good soldier for this organization.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

You ask what changed so I will tell you.  What changed was the way other teams played against us.  Carolina showed teams that Cloode's system could be beat with a 2 man forecheck.  It took Cloode half a season and a 10 game losing streak before he would make any adjustments to his system.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to There goes the bruins season:
    [QUOTE]http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=331329 The bruins should probably just call it quits now.   One of our best players is likely done for the season
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

He was Claude's "go to" guy in the Flyers - Bruins series in the Spring...

Please say it ain't so ! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

YUP !

Marchand has had a habit of scoring in the big games throughout his young career.

Granted that it's a big jump to the NHL, but the kid had one season in the QJMHL where he scored at a 2 pt. per game clip in the playoffs.

Sobotka and Marchand might have brought some energy to an injury riddled lineup.

It's all academic now, of course.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]You are right about him not bringing to much scoring touch, but I think JC new he didn't have to worry as much when he didn't have the puck as say, a rookie might in playoff action. Hard worker from the flats of Saskatechewan, where folks live and die for their hockey.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Please name three residents of Saskatchewan that have ever "died for their hockey."

Get a grip ! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

What's with all these "good Saskatchewan boy" comments on the TSN site commentary anyways ?

What kind of homer writes something like that especially when that country's biggest claim to fame is being mentioned in a Proclaimers' song :

"I can tell the difference between margarine and butter.
    I can say Saskatchewan without starting to stutter."

Who gives a f*** where the guy is from ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Marchand has scored in big games? He hasn't played in many big games as a pro. In the Calder Cup Eastern Conference finals 2 seasons ago, he was in the penalty box too often to make a big impact as Providence lost in 5 games to Hershey. I will agree that he has more offensive ability than Whitfield, but still, the guy isn't a prolific scorer. He is never going to be a big scorer. He can be an effect player in this league if he ever learns how to stop taking stupid penalties. I would never rely on him for offense. If you do, you're in trouble.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand has scored in big games? He hasn't played in many big games as a pro. In the Calder Cup Eastern Conference finals 2 seasons ago, he was in the penalty box too often to make a big impact as Providence lost in 5 games to Hershey. I will agree that he has more offensive ability than Whitfield, but still, the guy isn't a prolific scorer. He is never going to be a big scorer. He can be an effect player in this league if he ever learns how to stop taking stupid penalties. I would never rely on him for offense. If you do, you're in trouble.
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

Brad Marchand is a more prolific scoring machine than Trent Whitfield... 

The kid scored 40 pts. in 20 games one season in the QJMHL along with some big goals for Team Canada in two WJCs (both Gold Medal winning teams)...

Apparently, Julien didn't even recognize that the Bruins' biggest need in the Flyers series was for offense...

One should go with the best player that a team has...

Julien went with the more experienced, defensive minded player... 

How dumb can a head coach be, really ! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Anyways, I hope Whitfield lands on his feet because at 33 years with an Achilles injury, his future NHL career looks pretty bleak...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

And when I say "defensive minded" up there, I should also mention that he was a -43 playing in the AHL...

Terrible injury to have, but this guy likely didn't belong in the NHL in the first place...

Amazing that Julien stuck with him so long in the Flyers' series when he had no hits, no shots, no goals and didn't do much else in many of the games that he played in...

Have to wonder what Julien was thinking ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]What's with all these "good Saskatchewan boy" comments on the TSN site commentary anyways ? What kind of homer writes something like that especially when that country's biggest claim to fame is being mentioned in a Proclaimers' song : "I can tell the difference between margarine and butter. I can say Saskatchewan without starting to stutter." Who gives a f*** where the guy is from ?
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hey RMiller87. Take a pill. It's a long way from butt f**k Saskatewan to the NHL, and the kid made it. I don't need you to second guess that fact. People from Sasktachewan live and die for hockey, curling and the Roughriders. Get over it. It's an expression. Now RELAX !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts