This just in...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

This just in...

James Murphy just tweeted:

"Reliable source just told me there is still interest in Tim Thomas despite hip surgery/cap hit and to keep an eye on Tampa Bay."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Re: This just in...

In Response to This just in...:
    James Murphy just tweeted: "Reliable source just told me there is still interest in Tim Thomas despite hip surgery/cap hit and to keep an eye on Tampa Bay."
    Posted by twentyfour

Here's some wishful thinking: Haven't they been shopping Lecavlier? Too bad he's a center.
     Reaalisticly, I thought I heard around the deadline that they were shopping St. Louis. Veteran top line sniper for Savvy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Would that be E-4 or E-17?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

C'mon NAS, you of all people know how to repond to this:

"Interest in" means nothing; they might not be closing the door, but is any team that needs a goaltender badly enough to have genuine interest in Thomas going to sit on its hands - through the draft and the opening of FA season - to see if he's healthy enough to be the answer?  So "Interest in" means: if we don't make a deal at the draft, and if we don't get a guy we want in Free Agency, and if, as a consequence of other people's moves in Free Agency, we can't make a trickle-down deal, then yeah, let's talk about Tim.

"Keep an eye on" means little more than that the Tampans are the kind of superficial fit that fuels media speculation. 

"despite his hip/cap hit" doesn't mean regardless of how his rehab goes and regardless of the money the Bruins take back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: This just in...:
     They are trying to sign St. Louis to extention. Plus, playing with St. Louis would be good selling point for Thomas as they were teammates at U of Vermont back in the day.  I do not think Tampa takes the 5 million off our hands. I could see Ryan Malone coming back this way.
    Posted by h2otownbruin

Not sure with the long contract I'd want that deal.  Malone for Thomas straight up..would you guys do that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Malone for TT, I'd do it. Add some goal scoring a boat-load of grit. Plus the sophmore jinx does not apply to goalies anymore, so no worries in net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Malone for TT, I'd do it. Add some goal scoring a boat-load of grit. Plus the sophmore jinx does not apply to goalies anymore, so no worries in net.
    Posted by MDsizzle

It didn't apply to Steve Mason just last season?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Posted by MDsizzle

As would I. Then grab Biron from the Isles for a backup to Rask. Problem solved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Malone's contract with the Bolts is wayyyyyyy overpriced...

A seven year contract for $31.5 Million ?

What's this guy ever done to deserve that -- other than have the good fortune to have played on a team with Crosby and Malkin ?

Hopefully, PC doesn't take any more BAD contracts on...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Biron or Ellis for a back-up....
    Would be nice to clear that cap space, but hard to see anyone really taking Tim on...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I hope that we hang onto Thomas in the event of a sophomore slump for Rask...

Picking up another overpriced contract would be just more dumb salary cap management...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Halak was traded to the Blues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

This is one of those situations where my fellow Bruin fans puzzle me...

Ryan Malone is never going to be a star in the NHL, but his $31.5 Million over 7 year contract pays him like one... 

Meanwhile, Tim Thomas actually won a Vezina trophy...

And so many here would apparently jump at the opportunity to pick up an overpaid player for a longer term...

WHY ? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think you're mis-reading "interest" as the kind of "interest" Stanley has in Blake Wheeler.  Even Yzerman's Michigan ties aren't going to be enough to convince him to give up #6 for Thomas.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Halak deal.  Hilarious if Murphy now tweets: "No more interest in Thomas."  Then we'd know!

And does that deal mean we can now put to bed all the man-love for David Perron?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Would that be E-4 or E-17?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

come on man, comparing murphy to eklund is hitting below the belt I would say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

i'm with u bookboy regarding Perron.  However, maybe TT to Tampa is not so far fetched, as they were rumored to have wanted Price.  With Halak gone, you gotta believe Price is staying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

This post is for the Malone lovers here...

Ryan Malone's 6 seasons :

134 G - 127 A - 261 pts. - Minus 31

Michael Ryder's 6 seasons :

144 G - 149 A - 293 pts. - +7

Congrats, you just tried to deal for a player who gets paid much more than Ryder (for longer, as well) seems worse defensively and doesn't score as often...

Well done ! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Put Malone on the wing with Savy and watch the goals pile up!! Plus as others have said, he is a much more gritty/tough player than the likes of Ryder for about the same $$. You have to give something to get something and the Bs desperately need scoring.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

C'mon NAS, you of all people know how to repond to this: "Interest in" means nothing; they might not be closing the door, but is any team that needs a goaltender badly enough to have genuine interest in Thomas going to sit on its hands - through the draft and the opening of FA season - to see if he's healthy enough to be the answer?  So "Interest in" means: if we don't make a deal at the draft, and if we don't get a guy we want in Free Agency, and if, as a consequence of other people's moves in Free Agency, we can't make a trickle-down deal, then yeah, let's talk about Tim. "Keep an eye on" means little more than that the Tampans are the kind of superficial fit that fuels media speculation.  "despite his hip/cap hit" doesn't mean regardless of how his rehab goes and regardless of the money the Bruins take back.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Yeah, no question about any of that.  It's a total BS rumor with too many non-committal phrases.  Certainly did spark a fire of speculation around here. 

So stupid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thomas will get interest but might not go because PC will not just dump him and get nothing in return. Murphy is slowly putting himself in that HackswithHaggs or Eklund category of "let me just throw it out there n see if it sticks" Tweets.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Marty Turco , Evgeni Nabokov, Martin BironDan EllisMichael LeightonChris MasonJose TheodoreAntero NiittymakiVesa ToskalaJohan HedbergPatrick LalimeManny LegaceWade Dubielewicz,Alex AuldSteve ValiquetteAndrew RaycroftYann Danis and Curtis Sanford.

UFA Goalies > 5
    5 = #1 goalie jobs available
     Lieklihood of TT getting traded = not likely

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Think of it this way...They got LeCalvier at $8 mil a year...Stamkos will net a min of $6.5 thats...Hedmen will demand a minimum of $4 if he progresses like he should....They can't afford another top 10 pick on the payroll. They need to improve now there weakness...NET and D. I think Thomas for the 6 is logical.
    Posted by rockett7

Not sure that the reasoning really works, rockett.  For one thing, if they can't afford the pick, they can't afford Timmy.  Evander Kane was the 4th pick last year and his cap hit was $3.1M.  The 5th and 6th picks didn't play in the NHL - very affordable in cap terms.  Stamkos won't start making real money until next year, Hedman for two more years.  St. Louis is probably gone after this year if not sooner.  They have about $20M to sign about 10 guys for this year - plenty of cash to accommodate a top end rook if he makes the team - but they've got a reasonable 2-5 D (no superstar anchor unless Hedman blows up) and some quality forwards - no depth, but a high top end.  Their big problem is waiting for MTL to be desperate enough for a big, French name to take on that $10M/yr salary.

Sections
Shortcuts