This kid is the answer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

This kid is the answer.

Sign him now!! Smile

http://bruins.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=977&id=48542

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: This kid is the answer.

You've got to be kidding me.  That poor goaltender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theobama. Show theobama's posts

wow

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Maybe we can get him and that  four year old kid who does the Herb Brooks 'Miracle on Ice' speech to coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Unbelievable. Haha he plays for the Portland Jr. Pirates who $uck, we beat them last year in a game like 7-0 but nice goal...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: This kid is the answer.:
    [QUOTE]Last year at a stick practice a couple of kids showed me how to lift the puck on their stick like that.  It took me a while but eventually I could do it -- then a week went by and I forgot and couldn't do it anymore.  I tried this year and...nope. You have to give the little pukes credit for figuring this stuff out.  You wonder how no one came up with the slap shot before Geoffrion - it seems so obvious - then the kids come up with something we never thought of.  Pretty cool.
    Posted by MedfordMickey[/QUOTE]

Actually, it wasn't the kids.  Good coaching can be found, it simply couldn't be found when I was playing youth and hs (and college hockey) thru the 70's.

He probably learned that from:
    http://www.skinnerhockey.com/

Check it.  He helped my game tons.  There are at least 4 different ways to scoop the puck up onto your stick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Last year at a stick practice a couple of kids showed me how to lift the puck on their stick like that.  It took me a while but eventually I could do it -- then a week went by and I forgot and couldn't do it anymore.  I tried this year and...nope. You have to give the little pukes credit for figuring this stuff out.  You wonder how no one came up with the slap shot before Geoffrion - it seems so obvious - then the kids come up with something we never thought of.  Pretty cool.

Also, Bernie Geoffrion, watch the films of him.  First, it is more of a snap shot, maybe he did a full wind up for the shot, but I never saw it.  Second, it was the curved stick that made the slap shot succesful.  Ever shoot with a straight stick?  The puck travels in a straight line, it's way more predictable.  The Chicago Black Hawks developed it when Mikita broke his stick at practice and kept using it.  Then they heated up the blades and bent them under doors.  Third, watch old games on the NHL network.  Shots from outside the face off circles were rare, they all worked it in.  The old games are funny.  No glass between the fans and the bench.  I saw a game from 1964, Chicago Detroit.  The penalty box was right in the seats.  Fans touch the player's sticks on a dare.  Esposito played in that game.  Unreal he went into the 70's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

As impressive as you think this is, just about every youth hockey player has learned this one. I was coaching a team that had one of Skinner's clinics were he taught this move. What ended up happening is, every kid spent the rest of the season practicing this move instead of working on more important things like there shots and the real stickhandling drills that he showed them. You know, things that you need to become a good hockey player. How many chances will any player actualy have to use this move in a game. It is a true waste of time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

B's should draft him in June 2010

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

[QUOTE]Wow you guys sound old.

Haha same here, Im only about 4-5 years older than this kid

Sections
Shortcuts