This Lineup = Kessel's Gone!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

This Lineup = Kessel's Gone!!

Here is the line up that PC and the boys have had pencilled in for about 2 months:
    Lucic         Savard       Wheeler
    Sturm        Krejci         Ryder
    Recchi       Bergeron     Kobasew
    Thornton    Begin         Bitz / Sobotka / Marchand 

Chara        Morris
            Wideman    Ference
            Stuart       Hunwick / Boychuk

Thomas
                   Rask

***They may get a D-man back in the Kessel trade or just loads of high picks. The one thing you can be sure of is Kessel's gone. They don't want to lock big dollars up on a player that doesn't fit their mould. They will save their dollars for Savard, Lucic, Wheeler, Rask, and Stuart next off season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

Re: This Lineup = Kessel's Gone!!

So, did you steal this off CJ's desk?  Ha!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Well either way this lineup looks pretty good to me anyway, but then again I'm not a 'sky is falling' kind of fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beauce. Show Beauce's posts

Agreeing 100%. Chiarelli wants big wingers. He won't part ways with Lucic, Wheeler or Ryder. His options for keeping Kessel would have been to either trade Kobasew + a depth player (management loves Kobasew plus he's fairly cap-friendly) or Sturm (no-trade clause).

Kessel will probably go. Too bad we're loosing such a talented player but we should be good for scoring as much without him: Add up all of Sturm's goals since he missed nearly all of 08-09 and Bergeron, Lucic and Wheeler should score a few more as well.

Hopefully letting Kessel go can keep Savard in for another 3-4 years!

In Response to This Lineup = Kessel's Gone!!:
    [QUOTE]Here is the line up that PC and the boys have had pencilled in for about 2 months: Lucic         Savard       Wheeler Sturm        Krejci         Ryder Recchi       Bergeron     Kobasew Thornton    Begin         Bitz / Sobotka / Marchand          Chara        Morris         Wideman    Ference         Stuart       Hunwick / Boychuk                         Thomas                Rask ***They may get a D-man back in the Kessel trade or just loads of high picks. The one thing you can be sure of is Kessel's gone. They don't want to lock big dollars up on a player that doesn't fit their mould. They will save their dollars for Savard, Lucic, Wheeler, Rask, and Stuart next off season.
    Posted by savybergy77[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fage88. Show Fage88's posts

Don't forget Krejci will be gone for the start of the season so your probably going to see Berg on the second line for a while, which i don't like as much.  I think your right that kessel is gone but i dont like our team as much with out a big scoring threat like him.  He might not "Fit the mold" but he takes alot of pressure off of the mold players by making defenders look at him while the big guys are banging away, getting infront of the net and doing what they do.  I know there are some issues with kessel but this team is NOT as good without him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

FYI, Krejci may make opening night and said he's certain he'll be back in October.

I really hope the Bruins sign Kessel just so I can laugh about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

our young nucleus is unmatched in the league with bergeron wheeler lucic krech kessel this has the makings of a dynasty like the red wings have had. this is why it is imparent we trade kobasew to make room for kess. we would haave an excellent future as i believe all those forwards will become stars. the only future problem i see is our defence time to start drafting them stuart wideman hunwick good start but we have to get tougher back there. maybe a trade of ference kobasew and prospect to LA for johnson would be a good start

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Have any of you guys played hockey?  Savard with Lucic and Wheeler? or Ryder? Hey Savy, wait up, whats the rush??????????????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: This Lineup = Kessel's Gone!!:
    [QUOTE]           Have any of you guys played hockey?  Savard with Lucic and Wheeler? or Ryder? Hey Savy wait up whats the rush??????????????
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

Lucic played on Savard's wing for a good chunk of the year. And Wheeler combined with Krejci for more than a few highlight reel breakouts/goals. Where were you? Too busy watching Les Habs? 

At any rate, Savvy's not a speedster, like Kessel or Sturm. He's a playmaker who does his best work when he has time to set up in the offensive zone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

duinne,you cant put 2 slower guys on the same line with Savy.1 has always been the formula,FYI you must have neutral zone speed to get into offensive zone for Savy to be most effective.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Yeah i've played hockey have you ever been a GM? There is a thing called a salary cap now and sometimes you have to let a good player go to keep your nucleus together. Besides Savy isn't exactly faster than Lucic or Wheeler. The Canadian brass in Canada's camp said they were surprised with Lucic's speed and Wheelers nickname is Wheels, must mean he can skate!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Hey don't get me wrong I love Kessel's speed and shot, but 4-5 Million for a guy to gain the zone and get knocked off the puck is a lot of money. I bet you if you asked other teams what worried them about the B's, it was things like Lucic's hitting, Savard's playmaking, Chara's size and strength, Thomas in net, never "if we could only stop that force Kessel in the neutral zone!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem61. Show jem61's posts

I find it interesting that so many people want to let Kessel go so the B's can keep Wheeler next year.  Are you kidding?

Hey, I like Wheeler, I think he has a lot of upside.  But last year in the playoffs, Kessel, playing with a major injury, sucked it up, played through the pain, and all he did was put up point-per-game numbers (6-5-11) with a +7.

Wheeler, meanwhile, went 0-0-0 in 8 games, then was relegated to the press box as a healthy scratch. 

And some people want to replace Kessel - our leading scorer -  on the 1st line with a guy who couldn't even crack the 4th line in the playoffs?  Doesn't sound like an improvement to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from badbruin77. Show badbruin77's posts

[QUOTE]Agreeing 100%. Chiarelli wants big wingers. He won't part ways with Lucic, Wheeler or Ryder. His options for keeping Kessel would have been to either trade Kobasew + a depth player (management loves Kobasew plus he's fairly cap-friendly) or Sturm (no-trade clause). Kessel will probably go. Too bad we're loosing such a talented player but we should be good for scoring as much without him: Add up all of Sturm's goals since he missed nearly all of 08-09 and Bergeron, Lucic and Wheeler should score a few more as well. Hopefully letting Kessel go can keep Savard in for another 3-4 years! In Response to This Lineup = Kessel's Gone!! :i agree kessel is gone going to sharks or kings for a roster player and picks no way pc trades in own division
    Posted by Beauce[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from badbruin77. Show badbruin77's posts

i agree kess is going to wset either kings or sharks no way pc trades with in own division

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

The longer this plays out, the longer it feels like an offer sheet is going to be the determining factor as to where Kessel ends up. 
    I think the thing to keep in mind in reference to Kessels' game is that he's still a baby. His game under Julien should round out. His rookie season I don't think he threw a check, last year i think he accidently threw two. He was more aggressive on the forecheck and actually came back a lot to help, again compared to the year before. When Nifty first came to the B's he scored a hat trick in his first time out. But because the rest of his play was so p*ss poor, Cherry either sat him or rode him and he finished with only 20 goals. He "flamingoed" whenever a shot came his way, wasn't strong along the boards, his game was very similar to Kessel's at that stage. I don't think Kessel's will ever be as complete as Middleton's, but like his goal scoring, the entirety of his game should improve under CJ as he gets older. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]        duinne,you cant put 2 slower guys on the same line with Savy.1 has always been the formula,FYI you must have neutral zone speed to get into offensive zone for Savy to be most effective.
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

This is so true, and a lot of posters are missing the factor that Kes and Savvy have a kind of magic together.  It has to do with precision passing plus the burst of speed.  We haven't seen that magic since Pedereson-Middleton.  It should be retained even at a cost to the rest of the team depth. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This Lineup = Kessel's Gone!! : This is so true, and a lot of posters are missing the factor that Kes and Savvy have a kind of magic together.  It has to do with precision passing plus the burst of speed.  We haven't seen that magic since Pedereson-Middleton.  It should be retained even at a cost to the rest of the team depth. 
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

I agree that Kes and Savvy had wonderful chemistry, but the point is, Lucic DID play with Savard. And Wheeler isn't slow - to the untrained eye, he may appear so, because of his size. But he can motor - just watch him play a few shifts with Krejci and it's obvious. 

I'm a huge Kessel booster and I want him to stay, but he's not the only guy on the Bruins who has breakout speed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This Lineup = Kessel's Gone!! : I agree that Kes and Savvy had wonderful chemistry, but the point is, Lucic DID play with Savard. And Wheeler isn't slow - to the untrained eye, he may appear so, because of his size. But he can motor - just watch him play a few shifts with Krejci and it's obvious.  I'm a huge Kessel booster and I want him to stay, but he's not the only guy on the Bruins who has breakout speed.   
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

just trade chucky deal with cap issues next year put kess back in the mix

Sections
Shortcuts