This team bites even in exhibition unable to score!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Re: This team bites even in exhibition unable to score!!!

Here are the preseason standings from last year:

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=57089

You'll notice that the Leafs were first in their division.  You'll also notice that Edmonton was second in their division.  These two teams finished 29th and 30th in the regular season standings, respectively.

Chicago had one win in the preseason.

Needless to say, preseason means nothing.

But I digress, you aren't here for a logical debate.  You are here to diss the Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes! As predicted a thread that would call out the Bruins pre-season offense and here it is. Well said 306 well said!

Funny if the Bruins had come back to win in the 3rd period it wouldn't mean the Bruins would have allot of come-backs in the regular season either!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It was a night for some guys to prove themselves, Hamill, Ryder - and possibly Schaefer.
    Schaefer would be pretty good if they had a rule that no one can lift the puck, he could just lie down across the goal line and his save percentage would be pretty decent.
    Hamill would be pretty good if they made it a no contact sport.
    Ryder would be much better if they made the goals bigger.

It was pretty much just Boychuk, Lucic and Wheeler out there.  I would liked to have seen a little more out of Wheeler tonight and the whole preseason for that matter.

It was a dismal night.  These things happen.  Sometimes it rains.  Sometimes you have Reich, Hamill and Thornton in the line up, and when you do you can bet not much is going to happen out there that has to do with winning hockey games.

Marchand had a nice goal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Pathetic is all i can say. PC drafted players with very little hunger to be the best. Hamill and Colborne thus far have been nothing short of disappointing.

Reich had a better game than both. At least he puts in the effort on the ice

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: This team bites even in exhibition unable to score!!!:
    Pathetic is all i can say. PC drafted players with very little hunger to be the best. Hamill and Colborne thus far have been nothing short of disappointing. Reich had a better game than both. At least he puts in the effort on the ice
    Posted by yaz16

let's not go crazy.  Hamill I agree.  Colborne shows a lot of potential.  Tough kid.  Did you see the rookie game?  Blood all over the place and his knees were wobbling and he went off by myself.  4-5 months in the AHL and then let's talk about Colborne.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re:  Colborne shows a lot of potential.  Tough kid.  Did you see the rookie game?  Blood all over the place and his knees were wobbling and he went off by myself.  4-5 months in the AHL and then let's talk about Colborne.Posted by BadHabitude

A couple of pre-season games and Colborne was a waste of a pick gotta love the comedy on this site LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This poster has nothing better to do than talk negative.  Probably not even a Bruins fan just here to troll and get a rise outta of you. Just look up his comments and you'll see what I mean.  Ignore ,  that simple.  Besides is the first copycat of the season,  trying to use a similar name to "misterpaulo" .
    yaz on the otherhand is a Bruins fan,  a little impatient but  Bruins fan at heart.
    I'm disappointed in Hamill,  didn't like the pick then and still don't like it.  Not a good draft year , only David Perron really slipped through the cracks .
    As for Colborne,  this is where yaz is being impatient,  give this kid time.  It;s not like PC picked him in top 6-7,  he'll be fine. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

We are playing well ...beating Habs ..lost 2 games vs Panthers (one in sh.out) ..losing tonight by one goal our B team against Caps A team ...no problem ...
    Tuuka is ready ..Horton and Krejci should have a great season ...Wheeler is looking good and I should have a minimum of 55 points ...

Tyler

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Man, there are some dumb threads this time of year.  The Bruins send a half-AHL squad filled with rookies to a preseason game against an almost complete NHL roster of arguably the best team in the east and loses by one goal...what a disaster!

Settle down folks.  If you're forming impressions from tonight's game than you don't know much about hockey.  Let the season begin!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I agree with fletch wait till the real season starts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

the offense will be better than last year if not much better. Im more concerned with how the goalie situation is handled. what ever happend to sharing workload between 2 good goalies? this ride the hot goalie stuff is bush league, why? so that one guy gets tired and the other guy gets out of practice?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins have some promissing good young players coming up but even though these games are exibition I would have liked to see more goals being scored by the Bruins. The Bruins will miss Savy setting up goals and I hope a lineup of more NHL ready players will score us more goals, but the Bruins will have to do better than 2 goals a game to be effective when the season rolls around. This next game vs the Caps with the team we will see in the regular season should have a better result, I hope, because the offence has to start to show us something.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Pretty good show by the baby b's, they were in the game vs teh #1 team in the east

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bruno's got a point, though it's not exactly 24 hour watch time (and in no way endorses el Trollo).

You can't read much into the fact that hodgepodge lineups haven't scored many goals.  Like Tyler suggests, you're more concerned with the way the team and its key players are playing.  So - you have to like Horton's goal/game pace!  You have to like the way Kampfer and Bartkowski have moved the puck.  You can't complain about Seguin's production - a goal and an assist in what, three games?

On the other side, though - PP is dismal.  That's a chemistry thing you'd hope, but in preseason it can also be a pure skill thing because the PKs haven't gelled yet either.  So it's a bit worrying to see the PK struggle.

I imagine they'll get better as they cut down to a final roster and lines start to take shape.  Still...it would be nice to see them answer the idea that they'll struggle without Savard by game 5 - say, put up 20 goals even if they're only 2-2-1 at that point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanFromMontreal. Show BruinsFanFromMontreal's posts

I dont think the bruins problem with scoring is over just about yet.  Yes they got Horton,  prospects like Seguin and Caron, Wheeler and Ryder on their contract year.. which is usually a promising year. 

what we have to understand is Claude Julien is a Defensive mind coach,  and he demands a lot from him Forwards.  He's really banking on strongly individual efforts, instead of offensive game plan.  its the subtleties of JC's plan that I don't like.  and im thinking maybe this line up can do better with another coach.

Don't get me wrong, they were 1st or 2nd last year is goals against..which is great... but when you are last in scoring, I mean the Islanders scored more goals.

In the end I think the Fans wanna see more goal, and i think we have enough talent to light it up more times than Islanders, but if CJ requires his forwards tp help back...we're gonna see a lot of 2-1 and 3-2 games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruno's got a point, though it's not exactly 24 hour watch time (and in no way endorses el Trollo). You can't read much into the fact that hodgepodge lineups haven't scored many goals.  Like Tyler suggests, you're more concerned with the way the team and its key players are playing.  So - you have to like Horton's goal/game pace!  You have to like the way Kampfer and Bartkowski have moved the puck.  You can't complain about Seguin's production - a goal and an assist in what, three games? On the other side, though - PP is dismal.  That's a chemistry thing you'd hope, but in preseason it can also be a pure skill thing because the PKs haven't gelled yet either.  So it's a bit worrying to see the PK struggle. I imagine they'll get better as they cut down to a final roster and lines start to take shape.  Still...it would be nice to see them answer the idea that they'll struggle without Savard by game 5 - say, put up 20 goals even if they're only 2-2-1 at that point.
    Posted by Bookboy007

But I like the PP better. I like the puck movement that looks like it has a purpose.  Last season's PP was more like 'gee I don't know what to do so I'll just give it to someone else'  kind of thing.  Forced passes and Wideman shooting wide or hitting his own guy.  It just looks more purposeful and players are moving more rather than just standing around on the pp.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Means nothing at all.  If you think preseason scores and/or points matter, please...well...actually I'm just not going to offer any advice here.

It means nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Means nothing at all.  If you think preseason scores and/or points matter, please...well...actually I'm just not going to offer any advice here. It means nothing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS you're back!  We missed you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

I'm sick of hearing CJ's system means no goal scoring, 2 years ago, with CJ's system they were 2nd in the league. How about they were just miserable and had no true goal scorer on the squad last year. 
    You have to like CJ's system for results, considering the GAA for the eam has been consistent the last season as tops in the league, just need to find the scoring touch again which I think is more execution by the players than the coaching system.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out the main problem is not replacing 81  his 40 goals per year would look great here  2 season ago the bs with him were 2nd overall in goals for

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out the main problem is not replacing 81  his 40 goals per year would look great here  2 season ago the bs with him were 2nd overall in goals for
    Posted by bruins8

I agree with you completely here, the bruins would easily have more preseason goals with kessel in the line up

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

it wasnt just the 36 he scored 2 yrs ago its the balanced he created for the other 2 lines where krejci ryder wheels could go aginst lesser opp because 1-2 dman were always on kessel line thus for creating easier scoring opp for 2nd and 3rd lines..  plus all the pp he created with speed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

OMG Kessel is not coming back please stop

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

ROFL. Toldja somebody was going to panic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

it wasnt just the 36 he scored 2 yrs ago its the balanced he created for the other 2 lines where krejci ryder wheels could go aginst lesser opp because 1-2 dman were always on kessel line thus for creating easier scoring opp for 2nd and 3rd lines..  plus all the pp he created with speed
    Posted by bruins8

Unfortunately, the Bruins would have lost their depth if they would have signed Kessel due to the fact that his contract would have put the Bruins over the cap.  So secondary scoring would be non-existent.

Sections
Shortcuts