This team needs a major move.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: This team needs a major move.

Speaking of patience. How much patience should Bruins fans have? CJ and the no goal show of last year is here and wether it's pre-season or what ever, anyone can see they are challenged to score already. 2 years removed from being the second highest scoring team to dead last is unacceptable for any fan. There is still a lot of dead weight on this team and CJ will not be here if they fall on their face again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Once again the CJ bashers are out. Granted he is not a risk taker, he even likes McGratton. The Lucic/Kreji/Horton line will be in tune; Bergie and Recchi will skate with Seguin or Caron; Let's give Wheels a few more games at center with Seguin on the wing and Ryder on the bench replaced by Marquard or Paille. Am concerned that Campbell looks ineffective, but maybe that was McGratton. 4th line adjustments should not be difficult. From all reports, with the exception of Bartkowski, the defense was sleep walking. Check the free agent lists for alternatives, and maybe the Islanders would welcome Ference to fill in for Streit.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The players you'd like to trade - Ryder and Thomas - are basically untradeable at this point. Maybe Thomas has a good season and they can trade him but don't see how it's possible right now.

Trading Krejic, Bergeron, Lucic, or Chara isn't going to happen and those are your valuable players with salaries that would enable you to get a scorer back. I don't think PC feels like he needs to make a move right now.

Maybe the shake up they need is going somewhere for a couple weeks. Europe maybe.

My view is that shake ups are needed in January or February, not October when you don't even know what you have. (If anything, fire CJ and bring back Ftorek he get the team to score some goals.....and let up 4-5 a game)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

havent had much of a chance to see the B,s in action but by pickin up little tidbits of info my feelings are the B,s are goin to be in the same mode as last year, playing each game close to the vest where the bounce of the puck will determine the game....its julien hockey    this team has developed some good talent to go out & take it to the opponent, on your toes hockey, but seein Ryder getting substanial PP minutes,all the young talent bein sent down, i can see where julien is goin to go with the responsible hockey player,close to the vest,on your heels hockey....hate to sound like a cup is half full kinda guy but have never been a julien fan. He promotes .500 hockey & thats just good enough for the talent that is here nor good enough for this diehard B,s fan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

my bad!   please put a NOT in front of the good enough for the talent that is here

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

If you were travelling to Europe in 3 hours for an extended period of time, where would your mind be during a pre-season game if you are an established NHL player? It's human nature people...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

The B's spent just about half the second period on the PP and came up with the big O. If that doesn't send a message I don't know what does. I hope they get back to the form of 2 years ago but with CJ and 4 or 5 players they still have, not a snowballs chance IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

In Response to Re: This team needs a major move.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team needs a major move. : Thanks that button is great.It don't shut me up,but it does make me not have to see what the wannabe tough guys behind their monitors are writing.As far as taking on salary,I think you could easily exchange salaries.You don't have to buy a more expensive player.All the players I mentioned,did not even manage twenty goals last season, despite recieving more playing time,due to Savrd,and Lucics injury.Maybe trading Lucic,which I think is a bad move,may be a better idea, then losing one of our centers.I stand by my opinion,that some kind of a shakeup is needed by the Bruins.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

Is your space bar broken?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

here this will get everyone riled up...   in watching seguin... i didnt see all this speed and skating ability that preceeded him via the media...

i was thinking we were getting a player that was at least the speedy scoring equal of the player we gave up to get him... phil kessel....  hmmmnnn  that kinda talent is indeed rare

maybe he will be that at some point but he sure aint that player now...

i did like spooner... and bratkowski looks like a keeper... caron might be a mini lucic in the corners... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kessel was worse when he first arrived.

jwb - different issues each have their own allocation of patience, but in the end, you can be impatient and moan or you can decide to act because you've seen enough.  Bruins fans can continue to be patient despite the team not having won a Cup in a very long time, or they can stop watching the team.  PC can continue to be patient and trust that the CJ way will pay off in the end - after all, you play to win, not just score, and Julien has won more than any coach the Bruins have had since Pat Burns.  Or he can fire Julien because he's now confident that the team has peaked under CJ.

But I was speaking at the level of this season.  If you want the team to see if it can address scoring deficiencies by integrating youth, energy, and competition for spots, then you have to ride out the fact that it will be an uneven process.  It's not the fault of the rooks that the team didn't score last year, just as it isn't Horton's fault.  And before worrying that they'll have the same problems this year as last - Horton has two goals in two preseason games, Seguin looks like a kid sometimes, but he has two points in 4 games.  If he gets 41 or so over the season, he'd be top 5 on last year's scoring chart.

And Wheeler apparently had a Snickers because hey, he does actually seem to be committed to playing a lot less like Betty White.

So - at least wait until you can assess regular season results before making changes to the core of the team.  If they do sleepwalk through the first half of the year again - and I mean in terms of lack of effort or passion or whatever you want to call it, not wins and losses - I will march on Causeway with you calling for someone's head.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Kessel was worse when he first arrived. jwb - different issues each have their own allocation of patience, but in the end, you can be impatient and moan or you can decide to act because you've seen enough.  Bruins fans can continue to be patient despite the team not having won a Cup in a very long time, or they can stop watching the team.  PC can continue to be patient and trust that the CJ way will pay off in the end - after all, you play to win, not just score, and Julien has won more than any coach the Bruins have had since Pat Burns.  Or he can fire Julien because he's now confident that the team has peaked under CJ. But I was speaking at the level of this season.  If you want the team to see if it can address scoring deficiencies by integrating youth, energy, and competition for spots, then you have to ride out the fact that it will be an uneven process.  It's not the fault of the rooks that the team didn't score last year, just as it isn't Horton's fault.  And before worrying that they'll have the same problems this year as last - Horton has two goals in two preseason games, Seguin looks like a kid sometimes, but he has two points in 4 games.  If he gets 41 or so over the season, he'd be top 5 on last year's scoring chart. And Wheeler apparently had a Snickers because hey, he does actually seem to be committed to playing a lot less like Betty White. So - at least wait until you can assess regular season results before making changes to the core of the team.  If they do sleepwalk through the first half of the year again - and I mean in terms of lack of effort or passion or whatever you want to call it, not wins and losses - I will march on Causeway with you calling for someone's head.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Very well said.

I'll just add one thing -- people who scream for Julien's head and blame him for lack of scoring puzzle me. The year prior, the Bruins finished second in the league in scoring. Who was the coach then?

Instead of the knee-jerk blame-the-coach reaction, why not look a little closer and try to see what the differences between last year and the prior year?

1. No Kessel. Though Chiarelli was between a rock and a hard place and got a good return, not having Kessel in the lineup definitely affected the Bruins' firepower.

2. Injured Savard. Broken foot, strained MCL, concussion. Even when Savard managed to get on the ice last season, he was never fully healthy. Take away the top point-producer, you think the team might have trouble scoring points? Plus the injuries to Savard had a horrendous effect on the power play. It went from one of the most potent in the NHL to one of the weakest.

3. Slow start by Krejci after off-season surgery. The Bruins' #2 point threat wasn't himself until after New Year's. Which leads us to...

4. Bad years by Wheeler and Ryder. Both of these guys missed scores of open nets. Ironically, the two healthiest forwards struggled the most to score. At first it seemed to be a function of Krejci's slow start, but even after he got back on the beam, their woes continued.

5. Injured Lucic. Like Savard, it wasn't just one injury; he broke his finger early on and then sprained his ankle, and that bothered him the rest of the year.

6. Injured Chara. Didn't miss a game, but with a broken, dislocated finger, his slap shot was not the weapon it has been.

IMHO all of those factors had a lot more to do with the Bruins' failure to put the puck in the net than Julien's coaching, which earned him coach of the year honors the previous year with a team that was an offensive juggernaut.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team needs a major move. : jtassinariSOCCER SOCCER invalidates any comment you can make.  Go TROLL somewhere else.
    Posted by Bruins-Fan-In-MD[/QUOTE]

ok, I don't get this.
    The Globe won't let me use words in sentences like
    Wideman $*cks the life out of the team
    or
    Wideman can $*atch defeat from the jaws of victory

yet JtassinariSOCCER can insult everyone he wants to?  And call people names like 'dufus' and otherwise insult people?

What standard is it that they are trying to achieve??  I just don't get it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

my god is he still resting on he coach of the year honors?  take a good look at that year in 2 parts  first part before the sharks game in feb when they were the top team in the league & the 2nd part after that game when they didnt even play 500 hockey  when the sharks came into boston, completely owned the bruins, juliens coaching from then on was on your heels,circle the wagons,take care of your own zone. Honestly it is 1 of the major reasons why i dont like him as a coach, it was a complete reversal from the puck possession bring it to them brand that got them to the top. We saw the same thing last year with the playoff collapse,bringing whitfield up & buttoning down the hatches....then to make matters worse game 7 up by 3,go into a hold on defensive shell?  its juliens coaching tactics. Oh thats right he did win coach of the 1/2 year honors

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Good point, pucman.  That was a schizophrenic year.

duinne, I agree that you have to consider the obstacles Julien had to overcome in terms of injuries and personnel, but at some point you look beyond the personnel group at the team as a whole and decide what influence the coach is actually having.  If they continue to sleepwalk this year, with more youth in the lineup and better health for most of the key players - Savard excluded of course - then I think you do need to at least ask yourself if this is the right coach.  By January, as pucman points out, it will be two full calendar years of trying to get that 2008 groove back.  If they're waiting to have the entire roster before evaluating Julien, he'll be the coach long after I'm worm food.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

This is Claude Julien hockey...This is not his first job...He was fired for this problem before he got here...He ain't going to change...Defense,yes-offense,NFW...His shelf life expired about 1 1/2 years ago...What is so hard to understand??? His "system" never won anything...Why would anyone expect the results to be any different now???The only reason he wasn't fired the day after the trainwreck, is-he's owed money...In denial much?????????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Pucman is dead on with his timeline analogy. This pre-season is too familar and yes I know it's pre-season. CJ can't live in the past and allow a few players off the hook for their sub par play. He chose not to demote Ryder last year and I don't want to hear the "Who else did he have to play theory". This team went through all the injuries and I totaly understand that but 2-3 months in to this season should be proof enough where this team and coach stand. I hope for the sake of all the Bruins faithful that PC understands and shows some sense of urgency if this year is just like last.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

As a coach, I am not sold on Claude Julien and I have my reservations about his motivational abilities.  That does not mean I want him fired.  There is a difference between Claude Julien's COACHING and his SYSTEM.  Julien's system, as others have pointed out, can be offensively successful if there is healthy talent up front.  08-09 proved that.  Last year, without the defensive strength of Julien's system, are the Bruins in the playoffs?  I am not sure, even if it was a crap shoot for the last four playoff spots.  They scored 196 goals.  That is ridiculous. I don't expect their defense to be as good as last year, but the offense should be much better.

Let's get some positive waves and be happy that hockey season is here, instead of the apocalyptic predictions, you know, measuring your life out in peptic ulcers...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

Are you guys idiots or what .??? Tyler Seguin will improve game after game he should get somewhere between 50-60 points and you are ready to send him with P-Bruins ????  The season has not started yet ....will you stop panicing ....our boys will be ready when the seson will start ...we should all support them for their long staying in Europe and hope they come back to America with 3 points ...

Stanely Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013