This years 7th player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

This years 7th player

Using the true definition.A player who has played far greater than expectations. Who would be your vote for this years 7th player as of this point in the season.

My vote at this point would be Daniel Paille

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Re: This years 7th player

I would have to agree with Paille. Once he arrived the Bruins PK became one of the tops in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

yes, tough to argue that point. The only other arguments could be, Boychuck and also Bergereron & Rask, but we kind of expected these guys to be as good as they are. Everyone else has been average or under-performed IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

What about Wideman?  hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

After the last game, Wideman DOES deserve the 7th player    ...for Buffalo! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

RASK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Boychuk - career minor leaguer fills big role, couldn't make lineup last year and has  done so this year.

Pail's work on PK has been excellent, even though he scored 2 the other night he has left far too many breakaways in the goaltenders padding, if he continues his snipers way (LOL) he will be a def lock.

Bergy would be it but I consider him part of the 6, not a 7th player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Paille, Boychuk or Rask.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Jonny Boychuk!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'd say a tossup between Paille and Recchi.

Did anyone expect Recchi to be one of the more consistent Bruins (effort-wise) and 5th on the team in scoring?  I have to concede that might have more to do with how the rest of the team is playing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

THE FANS WHO HAVE HAD TO CHEER FOR THIS TEAM PC HAS PUT TOGETHER AND HAS LET US ALL DOWN>NOT THEIR FAULT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Its' Bergeron no doubt!  He wasn't expected to be playing at this level.  He wasn't even invited to tryout for Team Canada.  He's playing at a level that I don't even think he should be despite the injury.  He has turned into the most well rounded forwards we've seen in some time around here.  Providing above average offense, Selke-like defense, hitting, fore checking, high energy, you name it.  He is untouchable if you're PC.  Remember he was borderline all done this time last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

If Bergeron wins then he would be 7th man and could be mvp of the B's. Has this ever happened before ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not sold on Boychuck yet, but he's definitely contributed above and beyond what I expected - I expected ttttthhhhhpppt.  Paille has solidified the PK, but he's on of six forwards who done that.  Could we find a rhesus monkey to give the award to?  Except what's he going to do with the truck? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

BOYCHUK.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Boychuk or Paille should be the ones who get it.

The voters will give it to Rask.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: This years 7th player:
    Boychuk or Paille should be the ones who get it. The voters will give it to Rask.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Paille. I think the B's have an even faster Axeleson.
    Rask- if you think about it, was expected to be where he is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

Rene Rancort!   Our best player is Bergeron but I always knew how good he was (just was set back because of injury)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Paille, no question.  He is the single biggest reason why their PK is 86.something %.  His wicked speed down the boards catches defenseman coming out of their own zone off-guard quite often, causing turnovers during 5 on 5 play and on the PK.  His lack of finish has been maddening until the Buffalo game, but the entire team has no finish so at least he is suprising people with shots.  He is also physical, knocking many people off of the puck.  If he could work on his finishing skills he is an above average two-way third liner.  I hope that they resign him in the offseason, a move which will signal the departure of either Begin or Sobotka in the offseason, if one of them is not traded.  I'd like to see them keep Sobotka, but he really has no offensive skills in NHL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

PAILLE