This Years Lines w/o Kessel with predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghostrider1174. Show Ghostrider1174's posts

Re: This Years Lines w/o Kessel with predictions

I watched the Bs last year and Kessel by far was the most dangerous B in the lineup. The Bs will be good but not better without Kessel. Thats just someone trying to forget that the Bs lose a great young player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

bruins will make playoffs without kessel, but the will not go far, and he will be missed greatly. it is not as if he will be injured and we are anticipating his return, he will be gone for good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbruins4777. Show bbruins4777's posts

In Response to Re: This Years Lines w/o Kessel with predictions:
    I watched the Bs last year and Kessel by far was the most dangerous B in the lineup. The Bs will be good but not better without Kessel. Thats just someone trying to forget that the Bs lose a great young player.
    Posted by Ghostrider1174

I think this was true at the beginning of the year, before defensemen learned to expect the drag move he always uses one-on-one...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Posted by Ghostrider1174

Your right. He is our most dangerous forward, but there is simply something behind the sceens the B's are not sold on. They have rumoured trading this kid for 3 years now. I don't know if it's his health, commitment, work ethics, or attitude, but something makes him not very appealing to the B's brass. They realize everything that the fan base is saying but they simply don't believe, for what he brings to the table, that he is worth spending too much money on and crippling themselves next year when the cap might even come down. They want to keep Savard, Lucic, Wheeler, etc. over him and they are all UFA'S or RFA'S.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

It is definitely true that they figured him out by the end of the year.  If you look at a majority of kessels goals they were coming down the right side where he would curl back and take a quick snap shot.  Once everyone began to expect this he had little success.  He continued to try and take guys one on one but soon was unable to do anything with it.  Obviously kessel is extremely gifted offensively and his presence will be missed but i believe that with the more experience of the younger players and the return of sturm that kessels production  will be made up for with excess.  Also sturm plays a much better two way game than kessel does so there if you add up the goals that sturm will score with the goals that he will help prevent he will equal if not beat out kessels numbers. Kessel was lucky enough to skate with one of the best playmaking centers in the league.  If he goes to Toronto who is going to replace savard?  In my eyes I don't think anyone can and he will never be the same.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theobama. Show theobama's posts

Lucic Savard Wheeler (rotate Wheeler and Ryder, see who forms the best chemistry)
    Sturm Krejci Ryder
    Recchi Bergeron Kobasew
    Bitz Begin Thornton

Chara Morris
    Wideman Stuart
    Hunwick Ference

Thomas
    Rask

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Those lines aren't quite right, you have two left wings on the first line and two right wings on the second line, that will have to get moved around a little bit. I would expect to see Lucic ride with Savard and Wheeler/Ryder, and Sturm to be with either Krejci of Bergeron

Lucic Savard Ryder/Wheeler
    Sturm/Recchi Krejci Ryder/Wheeler
    Sturm/Recchi Bergeron Kobasew

I also would penicl in Sturm for more in the area of 25 goals, and Wheeler for more like 30--he basically scored 21 in 60 games last year before his body broke down.
    It wouldn't shock me if Bergeron popped 20+ as he was regaining his offensive form at the end of last year.

Why Savards drop in goal production?

Why the drop in Recchi's? I know that hes older, but I expect him to score more rather than less with a full year playing with a good center, and playing on the first power play unit which I expect him to do once again, he may turn out to be one of the biggest bargains around the league, as he still managed to put up over 60 points last year while playing for a terrible TB team.

You have all heard me rant about Krejci, if he misses fewer than 7 or 8 games I expect 25-65-90 out of him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghostrider1174. Show Ghostrider1174's posts

i agree the Bs where a great team last year But definely will be missin Kessel this year and will be good but not better without him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghostrider1174. Show Ghostrider1174's posts

i understand about cap space but the organization for the bruins always dont wanna pay their good players when the price goes up. That has always been the case with Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghostrider1174. Show Ghostrider1174's posts

ALso the bruin i like the most is TIM THOMAS your goalie. He is just amazing. Without him your team is average. With him you got one hell of a team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

ALso the bruin i like the most is TIM THOMAS your goalie. He is just amazing. Without him your team is average. With him you got one hell of a team.
    Posted by Ghostrider1174

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHA please leave this board immediately, we have one of hte best, if not the best defensive system in the league....Thomas, while being a very good goalie, was a suspect at best Vezina winner

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

In Response to Re: This Years Lines w/o Kessel with predictions : I think this was true at the beginning of the year, before defensemen learned to expect the drag move he always uses one-on-one...
    Posted by bbruins4777

do not think d,aenlearned it very much because he continued scoring in the palyoffs
    until, he got hurt, i think some of us are trying to find negatives to justify him leaving. As ur friend pc said kessel is a rare player

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: This Years Lines w/o Kessel with predictions : AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHA please leave this board immediately, we have one of hte best, if not the best defensive system in the league....Thomas, while being a very good goalie, was a suspect at best Vezina winner
    Posted by dkrejci46

Sorry dkrejci46, but you should be giving Thomas the credit he deserves. The Bruins would not have finished any where near the top of the conference without him. How did that "league best defensive system" work out with Manny Fernandez in the nets? TT is a rock, and a leader for this team. You could also make a case that the Bruins D revealed itself to be a real weak spot for this club by the end of the year, which would only enhance his Vezina worthy season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

The leagues best defensive system has shined with every goalie that has played for the bruins under Julien. You may remember that before Manny got hurt after the all star break he was arguably the Bs best goalie, leading the NHL in either save percentage or gaols against, and second to thomas in either SP or GAA

how has rask done in this system?
    how has Alex freaking Auld done in this system?

I give Thomas credit for being a great goalie, but not a vezina.

and keep in mind i'm not talking about the blue liners, im talking about the system...the system was never weak, montador was however

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRocket9. Show TheRocket9's posts

In Response to This Years Lines w/o Kessel with predictions:

If you really look at it, everybody on the top 3 lines has the ability to net 20 goals, plus Wideman and Chara with the big shots from the blue line.  The loss of Kessel will not hurt this team at all, it will make them better.

Posted by chickenfinger47

oh boy....

Where do all of you lemmings get your kool aid each offseason???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    bruins will make playoffs without kessel, but the will not go far, and he will be missed greatly. it is not as if he will be injured and we are anticipating his return, he will be gone for good.
    Posted by marco100

I have a new found respect for marco100.  Though, I still believe it was the right decision to trade him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

That original post was optimistic side, but it was realistic in that I would have expected at least 7 of those predictions would have come true.

It's quibbling, but I would have predicted less for Lucic, Begin and Kobasew and I thought Bitz would have hit 15 goals and Krejci close to 30, fundamentally I thought these would be the numbers we would be seeing.

Double whammy: The injuries cut deep AND underperforming players.

It really underscores the disappointment of this season.

I'm so bored of the Kessel debate.  I love the way people say I was wrong about him.  Yet I go back to some of the debates I had with Marco on Kessel and fundamentally we're in agreement about him - as are the REASONABLE people in this debate.

IMO the bottom line was Kessel said either CJ goes or I do and CJ said either Kessel goes or I do and there's no way you can give a player that much say so unless the guy is Wayne Gretzky.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That original post was optimistic side, but it was realistic in that I would have expected at least 7 of those predictions would have come true. It's quibbling, but I would have predicted less for Lucic, Begin and Kobasew and I thought Bitz would have hit 15 goals and Krejci close to 30, fundamentally I thought these would be the numbers we would be seeing. Double whammy: The injuries cut deep AND underperforming players. It really underscores the disappointment of this season. I'm so bored of the Kessel debate.  I love the way people say I was wrong about him.  Yet I go back to some of the debates I had with Marco on Kessel and fundamentally we're in agreement about him - as are the REASONABLE people in this debate. IMO the bottom line was Kessel said either CJ goes or I do and CJ said either Kessel goes or I do and there's no way you can give a player that much say so unless the guy is Wayne Gretzky.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Kessel did not want to play for Boston anymore.The trade had to happen.Yes,I wish we had Kessel but that ship has sailed.In the overall scheme of things it was a great return for him.The trouble is,many fans want to see immediate returns rather than possible future stars.I am pumped about having so many high picks stockpiled.Though I have to admit that when I first heard about the trade I figured the Bruins were losing a shot at the cup this year.After we trade up to get Hall or Seguin all will be forgotten.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Ain't noone trading down from Hall or Seguin, we better get lucky with draft lottery or we lose it too.

I said no to trade unless we were getting a scorer back from day one. I actually thought TO might make playoffs back then, still they are fighting to get us out of the top 5, if they don't go on a bad streak we could be picking 6 or 7.

Holding the fort for a draft day is absolutely crazy, when these guys are ready the nucleus will be gone and the cycle of cap hockey in Boston will continue.

All I can hope is we are luckier than we have been in last 30 years of drafting.

4 players played 1000 games and only Murray and Wesley played 500 of those with Boston. That is 4 out of 192 players that would have the tenure to play 1000. None out of the 282 players drafted in last 30 years have scored 50 in a season and only 1 has won the scoring race and that was not with Boston although Thor started the season with B. Also only 4 have scored 100 points in a season and only 3 in a Boston Uniform, so don't expect me to drool over the fact we have drafts to look forward to.

Basically we have 1 chance in 50 of having a player play 1000 games and 1 in a 100 that more than 500 of those 1000 will be with Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ain't noone trading down from Hall or Seguin, we better get lucky with draft lottery or we lose it too. I said no to trade unless we were getting a scorer back from day one. I actually thought TO might make playoffs back then, still they are fighting to get us out of the top 5, if they don't go on a bad streak we could be picking 6 or 7. Holding the fort for a draft day is absolutely crazy, when these guys are ready the nucleus will be gone and the cycle of cap hockey in Boston will continue. All I can hope is we are luckier than we have been in last 30 years of drafting. 4 players played 1000 games and only Murray and Wesley played 500 of those with Boston. That is 4 out of 192 players that would have the tenure to play 1000. None out of the 282 players drafted in last 30 years have scored 50 in a season and only 1 has won the scoring race and that was not with Boston although Thor started the season with B. Also only 4 have scored 100 points in a season and only 3 in a Boston Uniform, so don't expect me to drool over the fact we have drafts to look forward to. Basically we have 1 chance in 50 of having a player play 1000 games and 1 in a 100 that more than 500 of those 1000 will be with Boston.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

You really think the Oilers wouldn't take picks 3,14,31 and a player(Caron or Hamel if need be) for first overall?As a rebuilding team they would be crazy not to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

That original post was optimistic side, but it was realistic in that I would have expected at least 7 of those predictions would have come true. It's quibbling, but I would have predicted less for Lucic, Begin and Kobasew and I thought Bitz would have hit 15 goals and Krejci close to 30, fundamentally I thought these would be the numbers we would be seeing. Double whammy: The injuries cut deep AND underperforming players. It really underscores the disappointment of this season. I'm so bored of the Kessel debate.  I love the way people say I was wrong about him.  Yet I go back to some of the debates I had with Marco on Kessel and fundamentally we're in agreement about him - as are the REASONABLE people in this debate. IMO the bottom line was Kessel said either CJ goes or I do and CJ said either Kessel goes or I do and there's no way you can give a player that much say so unless the guy is Wayne Gretzky.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Bad Hab, Julien is no bowman either. in my view pc gave him too much undeserving power,

i did answer u about ur post , on my  take on pc on othe thread, u probably have not read it.
    yes indeed i did say we had to wait , what choice do we have, but one yr has virtually been sacrificed and b4 the drafted player comes into his own may take 2 yrs at least, that's way too much. Pc need to make significant deals this summer , we cannot go into next yr with basically the same team.this team has holes and needs to be filled and we cannot give him another 3yrs or so to do so.
    Also, yes a new  gm needs time but 5 yrs i feel is more for an expansion team, not an original six who have been rebuilding for what seems an eternity. My judgement on pc was not only based on kess trade but also on some mediocre to lousy signings and mainly the lack of vision he has displayed thus far. i  hope u can agree at least with this

i think we need to staightforward and call it as it is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: This Years Lines w/o Kessel with predictions : Bad Hab, Julien is no bowman either. in my view pc gave him too much undeserving power, i did answer u about ur post , on my  take on pc on othe thread, u probably have not read it. yes indeed i did say we had to wait , what choice do we have, but one yr has virtually been sacrificed and b4 the drafted player comes into his own may take 2 yrs at least, that's way too much. Pc need to make significant deals this summer , we cannot go into next yr with basically the same team.this team has holes and needs to be filled and we cannot give him another 3yrs or so to do so. Also, yes a new  gm needs time but 5 yrs i feel is more for an expansion team, not an original six who have been rebuilding for what seems an eternity. My judgement on pc was not only based on kess trade but also on some mediocre to lousy signings and mainly the lack of vision he has displayed thus far. i  hope u can agree at least with this i think we need to staightforward and call it as it is.
    Posted by marco1001

Agree on CJ 100%.  But I don't think there's anything you can do or will do any good until this summer.

Disagree on pc, the team was totally DESTROYED by MOC, then a rookie GM, yes, very painful process and yes years of suffering, but it is 3 years we will have to eat the bitter pill.  Fred Shero would have been better short term, but I think PC is going to be better long term.  PC is a smart guy, most GM's are former players and players usually aren't that smart.  My opinion on this GM is like your opinion on Kessel, yes, young player mistakes now, but will grow and become much better player later.  PC made new GM mistakes, but he is getting better.  Ryder, Wideman, TT contracts were bad, but Savard contract is good.  Satan and Paille were good pick ups.  Got rid of Kobasew just in time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

In Response to Re: This Years Lines w/o Kessel with predictions : You really think the Oilers wouldn't take picks 3,14,31 and a player(Caron or Hamel if need be) for first overall?As a rebuilding team they would be crazy not to.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I wouldnt want to give up all of that for the #1. We could take Fowler at 3 and then draft 2 more potentially quality players in this deep draft and keep Hamel/Caron.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This Years Lines w/o Kessel with predictions : I wouldnt want to give up all of that for the #1. We could take Fowler at 3 and then draft 2 more potentially quality players in this deep draft and keep Hamel/Caron.
    Posted by mattymcgee55

I also don't want to or think it will be necessary.I was only making the point that Bruins have the tools to acquire whoever they target at this years draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

touche

Sections
Shortcuts