THN Article

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

THN Article

Anytime I read something about the B's I like to share it and hear your thoughts...

Here it is..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Re: THN Article

In Response to THN Article:
    Anytime I read something about the B's I like to share it and hear your thoughts... Here it is.. http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/31978-THNcom-Blog-Bruins-set-up-nicely-for-now-fantastic-for-future.html
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Nice article and I do feel the same way.  I am sure because of the amazing amount of negative people on here, they will bash it to shreds but the article rings of alot of truth.

But seriously, this has been one weird year with the injuries, underachieving and nothing seemingly going right.  But this team is dangerous and very capable of correcting itself and doing something in the playoffs. 

And the cherry on top like what the article says, we have a big upside with all the picks coming up. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

ssags,  correct that they can be a dark horse.  If Timmy is getting his mojo back, Krejci, Savard and Lucic seem to be coming around that can spell U P S E T.
    Very un-predictable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Well written and the nail on the head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There is only one team in the east that has better goaltending than the Bs that is Buffalo and Boston won't see them in the first round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Well, partly true... the B's have made some smart moves and even more smart non-moves lately setting them up with a lot of picks and a good future if they draft well.

I don't agree that they would be much better this season without the injuries though... a healthy Lucic, Savard, Stuart and Bergeron are only good for a handful more goals. Given their goalies and strong D this might be good for a few more points and a comfortable playoff spot but not enough to be a real threat. They need one true superstar (not gonna happen since there are so few in the league) or several reliable finishers to replace the dead weight (possible but not likely since no one wants our dead weight.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Subscribing to the THN for thirty years the inclination is to agree with the assessment.  Like gambling on the odds of victory, SandogBrewin says it all in the goaltending remark.  If this team can find it's identity in the next twenty games, then they can be the spoilers in the playoffs.  The remote happening of a Stanley Cup remains distant if you are a true fan of hockey, but the fact we are building for the future is promising and exciting.  The remaining factor is not being brave enough to make moves an/or to assess the draft correctly.  Something this person is not capable visualizing, but certainly aware of the potential of growth.  Time to "shake the tree" this summer and make us believers of not only management but ownership as well.  The mantra is thinking negatively to correct the present but thinking positive in correcting those revelations in the future.  Go Bruins!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I agree with the article and the future. I liked the Seidenberg trade we really should have signed him over Morris, but the key is keeping him and Stuart for next year and if we can get to number 6 to face Buffalo we will make it into the second round. With great goaltending and penalty kill (lets hope for the power play improving) good things could happen. I really like our future too,
    thank you Brian Burke

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Interesting, that same info has been in numerous posts on here and has been consistently shot down.  I guess the haters don't know how to click on links.

I hope they sign Seidenberg long term, good consistent defenseman.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I agree badhab, I think Seidenberg is a nice pickup and if he can be kept at a similar salary then he is a great fit. I love this article, it's the best thing for unhappy Bruins fans to see. I can understand why people are unhappy for the lack of trade deadline presence, but there wasn't much available for legitimate talent. The price for somebody worthy enough would've cost too much to get. If the Bruins can start winning this will go a long way to creating a better image of the team and hopefully will get us through a few rounds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Awesome, one thread that does not have one bad remark on it.  Refreshing!!!

This team seems to be getting it together.  During the 10 game loss streak if had gone 4-4-2 we would be in posistion for winning the division.  That's how close it truly is.   This current streak I see a team that is waking up and coming to life.

Albeit it is slow but it is happening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Its nice to see an artcle, unbiased that is so true of its content. I like the chance we have to make the playoffs and maybe upset in the 1st rd but i really love what the future holds for the Bs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RayBaz. Show RayBaz's posts

I feel the same way. First that there are no negative comments and name-calling so far in this thread. Second, I am glad to see that some folks out there are using their brains and looking at the big picture. Yeah I would have loved to have seen PC get someone to bolster the offense at the deadline and for that player to help this team go deep in the playoffs but he did not and i am glad that he did not. The Bruins, if they can start to put together some solid 60 minute efforts and capitalize on some of the many chances they get each game, could do some serious damage in the playoffs. Don't count this team out folks. Yeah they could possibly choke and not even make the playoffs or make it and play a crappy first round, these outcomes are possible but I am a fan, not a sheep, and want the team to succeed.  But to get back to the article's main point. The Bruins have a golden opportunity to build up the team they have already assembled. The team is really not that bad but also it is not a world beater either. At the same time the scouting dept. needs to do its homework and make sure they choose the right players and the picks will need time to develope.  So we might not see soem of them for a couple/ few years. But let us not forget the picks who are in college, juniors and the minors right now. Man, I can't wait. Would love to see Joe C and Jordan C real soon (among others). Cheers. and one more thing,
    GO BRUINS!!
    PS: Seidenberg (spelling?) was a damn good pick up. Hope they can sign him long term.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good words, but please add some reality. Joe colburn will need AHL time to bring out total value, just look at Wheels as an example. Up front, Savard needs both wings unless Lucic can regain his speed and bang; Bergie loses Recchi; Wheels NEEDS coaching, and Ryder plays only when he seems to want to; Thornton does bring one capability, but other teams are developing 4 scoring lines. Defense needs to replace Wideman for sure, and possibly Hunwick who I once favored. That means 4-6 changes since goalie looks very good for now

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

I also like the Seidenberg trade, he has a similar style to Aaron Ward, but is alot younger. Ward allowed Chara to play his style of hockey and he won the Norris trophy doing that. Hope they can sign him for a few more years.

Well 3 propects in the top 75, to me that is only slightly better than average. Each team should have 3 in the top 90 or else your scouting department needs some help. If they draft at all decently this year, its all a crapshoot, that should be 5 to 7 in the top 100 propects then we should be optimistic. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I like the idea of the Bruins continually building as opposed to rebuilding. 

After next year the Bruins are out of Ryder and Sturm's deals but they'll have to make decisions on Chara and Bergeron. I think that the true value in the high (top 5) picks comes w/ the rookie contract. Look at players like Duschesne or Stamkos- tearing up the league but at a fraction of their market value. Since the lockout the NHL seems to be more rookie-friendly.... or the younger players are coming in more NHL ready these days. It would be nice to think that the Bruins can draft a player w/ the Toronto pick that will be in the lineup next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As the article implies, I believe we are seeing the birth of a dynasty.  We are getting the benefits of the draft picks of one of the worst teams in the league and this team isn't all that bad to begin with.  With the draft picks we have and just average luck I don't see how its possible that we won't get 5 NHL players by 2012.

We have a GM that has significantly improved since he started.  Think about that.  Look at other GM's and ask yourself if they have improved.  I would say for other GM's who they were when they walked in the door is who they are now.  To qualify;
    PC learns from mistakes,
    1) no more dumping players because of a coach's say-so (Jurcina).
    2) contracts given out in euphoria, like last year with Ryder and TT I believe are a thing of the past, I believe the lesson has been learned.  Look at this year's long term contract with Savard.
    3) Shrewdness in dealing, no matter what you thought of Kessel we got more than what the CBA stipulates.
    4) Scouting has improved - not that much evidence here, but I think Boychuk was a steal from the Avs.
    5) Resolve under fire.  This is huge, fans were beating down this guy's front door clamoring for a big trade and weaker willed GM's (see MOC) would have caved under the pressure. 

There are still problems on this team and I believe that PC is well aware of them and moving to correct them.  Not in desperation, no quick decisions, but playing it smart and going steady.

Could easily have overpaid at the trade deadline.  Easily.  Didn't.  Come on, get real, Raffi Torres the crown jewel of the trade deadline?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

In Response to Re: THN Article:
    As the article implies, I believe we are seeing the birth of a dynasty.  We are getting the benefits of the draft picks of one of the worst teams in the league and this team isn't all that bad to begin with.  With the draft picks we have and just average luck I don't see how its possible that we won't get 5 NHL players by 2012. We have a GM that has significantly improved since he started.  Think about that.  Look at other GM's and ask yourself if they have improved.  I would say for other GM's who they were when they walked in the door is who they are now.  To qualify; PC learns from mistakes, 1) no more dumping players because of a coach's say-so (Jurcina). 2) contracts given out in euphoria, like last year with Ryder and TT I believe are a thing of the past, I believe the lesson has been learned.  Look at this year's long term contract with Savard. 3) Shrewdness in dealing, no matter what you thought of Kessel we got more than what the CBA stipulates. 4) Scouting has improved - not that much evidence here, but I think Boychuk was a steal from the Avs. 5) Resolve under fire.  This is huge, fans were beating down this guy's front door clamoring for a big trade and weaker willed GM's (see MOC) would have caved under the pressure.  There are still problems on this team and I believe that PC is well aware of them and moving to correct them.  Not in desperation, no quick decisions, but playing it smart and going steady. Could easily have overpaid at the trade deadline.  Easily.  Didn't.  Come on, get real, Raffi Torres the crown jewel of the trade deadline?
    Posted by BadHabitude

Excellent post and my feelings exactly.

But I thought we got less than  what the CBA stipulates for the Kessel trade.  I thought I remember it was supposed to be 4 number ones....my memory is bad sometimes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Below $863,156 No Compensation
    $863,156-$1,307,812 Third-round pick
    $1,307,812-$2,615,625 Second-round pick
    $2,615,625-$3,923,437 First- and third-round picks
    $3,923,437-$5,231,249 First-, second and third-round picks
    $5,231,249-$6,539,062 Two first-rounders, a second-round pick and a third-round pick.
    $6,539,062 or more Four first-round picks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: THN Article:
    As the article implies, I believe we are seeing the birth of a dynasty.  We are getting the benefits of the draft picks of one of the worst teams in the league and this team isn't all that bad to begin with.  With the draft picks we have and just average luck I don't see how its possible that we won't get 5 NHL players by 2012. We have a GM that has significantly improved since he started.  Think about that.  Look at other GM's and ask yourself if they have improved.  I would say for other GM's who they were when they walked in the door is who they are now.  To qualify; PC learns from mistakes, 1) no more dumping players because of a coach's say-so (Jurcina). 2) contracts given out in euphoria, like last year with Ryder and TT I believe are a thing of the past, I believe the lesson has been learned.  Look at this year's long term contract with Savard. 3) Shrewdness in dealing, no matter what you thought of Kessel we got more than what the CBA stipulates. 4) Scouting has improved - not that much evidence here, but I think Boychuk was a steal from the Avs. 5) Resolve under fire.  This is huge, fans were beating down this guy's front door clamoring for a big trade and weaker willed GM's (see MOC) would have caved under the pressure.  There are still problems on this team and I believe that PC is well aware of them and moving to correct them.  Not in desperation, no quick decisions, but playing it smart and going steady. Could easily have overpaid at the trade deadline.  Easily.  Didn't.  Come on, get real, Raffi Torres the crown jewel of the trade deadline?
    Posted by BadHabitude

Bruins definitely have a great opportunity, but 'birth of a dynasty' is a bit over-stated BadHab.

The 1st two picks should hopefully be able to make the team next year.  The lower picks likely 2-3 years away.  Next year's TO pick can also be high given the Leafs likely won't make the playoffs again next year.

Problem is the current team isn't really that strong right now.  They looked average at best last night, granted Savard and Chara weren't there, but both were there in Boston when the Leafs completely outplayed them (or should I say the Marlies).

I think the Bruins right now are too slow, especially on defense.  They need upgrades on the wings and on defense and those are the two areas to build thru the draft.

I"m worried about Savard long-term.  Too many injuries and the latest wasn't pretty.  I hope Chara rebounds next year into the player he's supposd to be.

Truefully, the great goaltending that Boston gets almost on a nightly basis is masking what might be an average team overall.  Just think imagine if TO and Boston reversed goaltenders, I think you'd see the teams reversed in the standings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Sounds like this article was written by PC.

As much as I would like to believe this, the bruins have not given us any indication they are capable of doing any thing in the playoffs, if they make.

The team can't score. CJ is playing the 4th line with 2 mins left in a tie game which shows me that he is too afraid to sit them. There is no heart which plays a big factor in the playoffs and the reason they lost to Carolina. The best player gets hit, no respone. TT gets run a few times vs toronto, no response. Wideman looks like he plays for the other team every night and still gets ice time. Lucic looks like he is lost his nuts. Ryder is junk...I can go on.

Bringing in a guy like Torres would of done wonders but PC too afraid to make a move.

I wan't to believe in the future but my brain tells me that PC and Neely will mess up the picks some how!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Good article.

Sections
Shortcuts