Thomas and Gagne

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

Thomas and Gagne

on nhl live today chris therrien who works with the flyerws organization said he expects emery done for the season with that in mind how about a thomas for gagne swap salaries would work and both teams fill needs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Re: Thomas and Gagne

interesting

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

he also said he believes the flyers DONT have interewst in turco gagne with savard would be a nice fit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I would expect the Bruins to recieve more in the deal because Thomas is locked up and Gagne is not.  Thomas and a 4th to Philly for Gagne, Leighton, and a 2nd

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Its a nice fit...but havent we dealt with enough injuries...Gagne is a walking bandaid...when healthy he is a top notch player..."WHEN HEALTHY"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas and Gagne:
    Its a nice fit...but havent we dealt with enough injuries...Gagne is a walking bandaid...when healthy he is a top notch player..."WHEN HEALTHY"
    Posted by shuperman

while the deal could work cash wise,i have to agree with Gagne being a risk.Add in the risk of betting Rask can go injury free and not wear out.It's a tough call.The more I think about it the more I like having 2 good Goalies locked in at a reasonable 7.5 million.TT could be moved when we are more sure of Rask and our playoff chances.One way or the other I hope TT does well in Olympics so that he comes back and plays better for Boston or is more attractive as trade bait.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Shupeman's right, Gagne misses way too many games most years.  And he's getting up there, and hasn't been too productive this year. 

If the B's trade TT, it will be for a good player in his prime plus either a prospect or a pick. The cap's tough.  We do not want too many older, higher paid players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The biggest issue i see in here is that that Flyers are playing in the same Conference.  I know it is unlikely that the Flyers and Bruins will meet in the playoffs but if it ever happens i am sure TT won't need any extra motivation.  I would still go for a trade if we get something in return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas and Gagne:
    In Response to Re: Thomas and Gagne : while the deal could work cash wise,i have to agree with Gagne being a risk.Add in the risk of betting Rask can go injury free and not wear out.It's a tough call.The more I think about it the more I like having 2 good Goalies locked in at a reasonable 7.5 million.TT could be moved when we are more sure of Rask and our playoff chances.One way or the other I hope TT does well in Olympics so that he comes back and plays better for Boston or is more attractive as trade bait.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dead on, we have no solid back ups, no up and coming guys in providence, there is no one to spell Rask if a trade for thomas is made.. They would have to get back an NHL quality back up, ata cost savings..Remember they year raycrot had, or Lacher.. You need a starter, and a reliable back up. We maybe have 2 starters right now, but theres no back ups..

Sections
Shortcuts