thomas equals trade bait

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

thomas equals trade bait

rask should be the #1. thomas hasnt played consistently well all year. the bruins have a good back-up in providence in sabourin who does have a good amount of experience under his belt, so i say trade thomas now while u still can. now people are going to ridicule me and say its to early. well it isnt, the facts are there, read the stats, look at the games, thomas has had 3-5 good games this year. tukka put together a streak of 5-8 good games, winning a majority of those games. the only reason i can see the bruins keeping thomas is for competition to make tukka keep workin for the #1 spot and not letting him knowing that the #1 spot is his for keeps. but all in all personally i think the bruins shuld trade thomas and 2011 1st rd TOR pick for a goal scorer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan76. Show bruinsfan76's posts

Re: thomas equals trade bait

no trade clause any other bright ideas?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to thomas equals trade bait:
    rask should be the #1. thomas hasnt played consistently well all year. the bruins have a good back-up in providence in sabourin who does have a good amount of experience under his belt, so i say trade thomas now while u still can. now people are going to ridicule me and say its to early. well it isnt, the facts are there, read the stats, look at the games, thomas has had 3-5 good games this year. tukka put together a streak of 5-8 good games, winning a majority of those games. the only reason i can see the bruins keeping thomas is for competition to make tukka keep workin for the #1 spot and not letting him knowing that the #1 spot is his for keeps. but all in all personally i think the bruins shuld trade thomas and 2011 1st rd TOR pick for a goal scorer
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

Too Early for Rask! Sabourin has expereince does he? WHERE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Thomas... looked bad on the first goal; can't make the clutch on the breakaway. He was on his *censored* BEFORE the shooter was near him... The team should ride Rask for a while...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Re: thomas equals trade bait:
    no trade clause any other bright ideas?
    Posted by bruinsfan76

send hime to Providence that no trade clause will get lifted fairly quick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

I've been saying this all season, the guy for some reason has lost it last year he was capable of giving up an easy goal every two or three games this year it has been steadily becoming a habit with Tiny Tim no trade clauses aren't all they're cracked up to be when a guy is starting to stink out the joint like Tim has they're are other ways other than legally you can get around it! Ship Thomas out with our number one draft pick and a minor leaguer get the sniper, a sniper last night would have sealed the deal plenty of open nets Saturday no one could nail it !
    Posted by imafan

if he is good for two or three bad goals every game - who is going to take this stiff. He would have made good trade bait about 2 months ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to thomas equals trade bait:
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

No way he'll be traded.  Rask is going good and the team is playing with more confidence in front of him than Thomas, but goalies have streaks like all other players.  TT has had some awesome hot streaks in the past two years, too.  And he responds to competition.  Give it some time.  Rask will falter, Thomas will surge, they'll go in cycles all year. 

To trade Thomas now would be a HUGE gamble.  Management has proven itself deliberate.  And we can be glad they have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwineFluBruin. Show SwineFluBruin's posts

.  To trade Thomas now would be a HUGE gamble.  Management has proven itself deliberate.  And we can be glad they have.

Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Lol yeah ok because the Bruins have been so successful with managements brilliant decesions

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: thomas equals trade bait : Lol yeah ok because the Bruins have been so successful with managements brilliant decesions
    Posted by SwineFluBruin

Morris upgrade over Ward is a PLUS

Grabbing Paille is a PLUS

Begin instead of Yelle is a PLUS

Re-signing Lucic and Savard are PLUS

Getting the picks for Kessel is looking more and more like a  PLUS

Rask for Raycroft a big PLUS

Bringing Krejci up gradually and now signing him 3 yr is another big PLUS

Thomas contract-- still to be proved-- may be a PLUS

Losing Kobasew a MINUS in my book

Losing Versteeg a big MINUS

Pretty good overall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Our Bruins were AWEFUL last night. Timmy let in a PP goal and a breakaway goal. Had he stopped either of those, we'd be saying he saved our bacon today. Let's focus on tomorrow as this team has to rebound (and then has to find some focus after a few days off and play a league leader on Friday!)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: thomas equals trade bait : juste le regard dans le dumbledore de miroir si canubthatdumb étudiait pour être idiot qu'il échouerait
    Posted by imafan

imafan stay away from translater because c'est toi qui resemble quelqu'un qui ne comprend pas la langue Francais . Je pense que tu ne comprend rien !

I didn't see this game but everyone with Rask would have won ???  If I recall a game in Boston he lost 4-1 to these same Islanders. 
    This team just scores on it's opportunities and plays well against us.  Every team in the NHL has goes through this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: thomas equals trade bait : how can your post keep getting dumber? I thought you hit bottom long ago how wrong I was. thomas gives up 2 goals in regulation and rask gives up 2 twice against the lowley leafs and you spout off about how terrible the goaltending was. the other idiot talking about messing up on a break away must be a close cousin that you are married to. once again the offense blows a easy win and fools like you and softy blame goaltending. 2 goals against the islanders is pathetic offense. but trolls like you jump at every chance to diss the bruins.it would not take long for you to hate rask if thomas was traded thats what you do.you know less then nothing and should give up your hab love on this board.rask allowed 4 goals the last time we played the isles where was your bashing that game?my name honors you mrs.ima
    Posted by canubthatdumb

A valid point, but at least one soft goal and you could argue 2.  TT is worrying me, he usually comes out pretty strong when the job or reputation are at stake, but he doesn't seem to be answering the call this time out.  You have to admit, it is out of his character.  I hope the snap back into happens, but just a little later than it has in the past.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

acouple days ago there was a post about the B,s getting a scorer....i replied that the b,s need a upgrade of there PP, cause this caused the lost in montreal...the B,s had numerous PP that night including a 6 on 3 & a long 5 on 3 without any scoring....the whole game could have been changed had the bruins cashed in on these, & of course if sturm buried that SH breakaway.....again last night the PP came up empty in 2 3rd peroid calls....once again the games outcome could have been changed....the B,s need a pure hit the back of the twine goal scorer specially come playoff time.....if this means involing thomas as trade bait its a must...they,ll be capable back ups up for trade (hedberg!) to fill the gap left by thomas....id feel alot better with a goal scorer & rask then i would as the B,s are right now,which is a pretty good team,not a great team

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

As much as I like Thomas for his attitude and competitiveness, he is not a elite goalie.  And I know he won the Vezina last year, but can you honestly, honestly say that you are 100% comfortable with him making the BIG SAVE!!  He has always had a problem with giving up soft goals, as was evident last night.  Yes, the Bruins only scored 2 goals, but guess what....they should have won that game 2-0.  Both goals in regulation were weak, and the OT goal was poorly played.  He only faced 17 shots and gave up 3 goals!!!

Last year, the team had a magically year where everything clicked, and Thomas played as good as he every has.  For the first time in his career, Thomas stopped flopping all over the place and was much more of a stand up goaltender.  This year, back to the Thomas of old....flipping and flopping all over the place.  He is not played well at all, and anyone that believes he is isn't being honest with themselfs.

Now, a 4 year contract for a 35 year old goalie coming off his first "OUTSTANDING" year was a mistake.  $5M per year was maybe a little higher than I would have liked to see, but it should have been 2 or 3 years, at most.  At this point, trading him isn't an option, so the Bruins just need to make sure Rask gets his fair share of playing time and keep both goalies in a groove.  You never know when the rookie may hit a wall, so hopefully Thomas will turn it around and start playing like he did last year.  If he does, the Bruins will have the best 1-2 combo in hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Where were the defenseman on the first goal helping Thomas tie up the puck ? Which defenders were on the ice when the Islanders slipped that pass to lead to the breakaway ? Who do the Bruins bring in if/when Rask goes down with an injury after you trade Thomas?

Has Thomas been as good as he was last year ? NO! Can you judge a young goalie on 15 -16 NHL starts ? NO! Answer the questions above before you try and trade Thomas. Scenario: As soon as Rask went down with injury in April and the Bs had to bring in a journeyman Boston would be up in arms "Where's Thomas ?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Where were the defenseman on the first goal helping Thomas tie up the puck ? Which defenders were on the ice when the Islanders slipped that pass to lead to the breakaway ? Who do the Bruins bring in if/when Rask goes down with an injury after you trade Thomas? Has Thomas been as good as he was last year ? NO! Can you judge a young goalie on 15 -16 NHL starts ? NO! Answer the questions above before you try and trade Thomas. Scenario: As soon as Rask went down with injury in April and the Bs had to bring in a journeyman Boston would be up in arms "Where's Thomas ?"
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

i agree with your recount on the 1st goal....you cant let shek or schemp come in there banging away on the puck....the d-men have to tie up anyone coming into the crease & let thomas worry bout tieing the puck up....both d-men were facing thomas fishing for the puck....& on the 2nd goal to had both d-men facing thomas.....come to think of it on the 3rd goal to! but that was under different circumstances

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

noitce cj's comments on the game?

basically said roloson made the big save when his team needed it....and that was the difference.  a big save or two by tt and the Isles are pulling the goalie trying to catch up.  should have been a win.  cant score 4 or 5 every night.  sometimes you need to win 2-0 or 3-1.  b's deserved better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

In Response to Re: thomas equals trade bait : Morris upgrade over Ward is a PLUS Grabbing Paille is a PLUS Begin instead of Yelle is a PLUS Re-signing Lucic and Savard are PLUS Getting the picks for Kessel is looking more and more like a  PLUS Rask for Raycroft a big PLUS Bringing Krejci up gradually and now signing him 3 yr is another big PLUS Thomas contract-- still to be proved-- may be a PLUS Losing Kobasew a MINUS in my book Losing Versteeg a big MINUS Pretty good overall.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Thomas contract a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE minus

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Maybe someone has forgotten that this guy might still not be 100% coming back from a broken hand.. and too long of inactivity between starts.. Thomas is a guy who strives on regular workload, we have not seen him out of the net this long in a while....cannot get into a rythym...  not that he played poorly last night but in the third period I think Isles only took one shot on goal..

Again people the problem is not goaltending or defense right now.. IT IS THE OFFENSE.. we need a scorer who can play on the first line with Savard and not named Bitz!!  right now with Phily in trouble starting to hear a few names come up in trade.. Jeff Carter for one... would love to see him on line with Savvy..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

1st goal Thomas fault ?  not ,  the defense must clear the front of the net.  how many swipes must they get.
     OT goal YAH THOMAS at fault again. 
    THE FAULT ,  are the players that cannot score.  Wheeler wak F up ! 
    poor Savard has to deal with these guys and I wont even start to mention Bitz.
    back to Thomas , can this guy get any respect at all in this town.  whenever they lose its due to him.  do we forget the games we got points because of him.
    i like Rask also and would be a shot at Thomas if he starts against flyers this week.   i dont care as long as the bruins win.

Sections
Shortcuts