Thomas for Gagne

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blead2121. Show blead2121's posts

Thomas for Gagne

Thomas to the Flyers seems to make perfect sense. They are actively shopping Gagne to try and sign Nabokov. Thomas and Gagne have similar cap hits so it seems like a perfect match to me. The B's probably need to throw in a prospect, but this just seems like an easy move to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Thomas for Gagne

Just wondering, how good a prospect your willing to throw in.  If it is Caron or Colbourne I probably say no.  If your talking about anything less then that I'm thinking Holmgren says no.  I think that at times like these it is usually better to give up a draft pick.  I say a 2nd rounder may get this deal done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Gagne is not coming to Boston for Thomas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

It's easy to see where there is a fit here, but I'd be perfectly content if we wait a year to move Thomas.  
    -gives the team a proven out if Tuukka hits a sophmore slump. This is a very, very valuable option.
    -gives a chance for Thomas to prove to the other GM's that his hip is okay
    -he'd have less of a stigma with only 2 years left on his contract instead of 3, therefore may get us a little bit more in return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Thomas for Gagne:
    Thomas to the Flyers seems to make perfect sense. They are actively shopping Gagne to try and sign Nabokov. Thomas and Gagne have similar cap hits so it seems like a perfect match to me. The B's probably need to throw in a prospect, but this just seems like an easy move to me.
    Posted by blead2121

You should tell Chiarelli this.  He probably hasn't thought of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas for Gagne:
    It's easy to see where there is a fit here, but I'd be perfectly content if we wait a year to move Thomas.   -gives the team a proven out if Tuukka hits a sophmore slump. This is a very, very valuable option. -gives a chance for Thomas to prove to the other GM's that his hip is okay -he'd have less of a stigma with only 2 years left on his contract instead of 3, therefore may get us a little bit more in return.
    Posted by RascalHoudi

I agree with you. I think that as long as you believe that you can put a playoff qualifier together with Timmy on the roster, then you give him an opportunity to raise his value prior to the deadline.  At that point the B's can reassess whether they want to stick with the goalie rotation or if they can possibly move him.  I think it's unlikely that his value drops between now and the deadline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i am of the mind that Chia has allready decided to go with what he has unless he can move Ryder. Tuuka/Timmy is a good base; then you have Wheeler/Savard/seguin;Lucic/Kreji/Horton;Ryder[Sturm]/Bergie/Recchi;Paille/Campbell/Thornton. On Defense Chara/Seids;Hunwick/Boychuck;Stuart/Ference; with McQuaid as swing. The rest of the troops will be in Providence to start, unless someone leaps out. Expect Kamfer/Batkowski/Alexandrov/Penner/Bodnarchuck for D in providence, maybe Button

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Where do you get your drugs from? get me the address or street corner...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ek indicates that gagne has been asked to waive his no trade.  I don't see Philly adding an overpriced goalie.  I think they deal Gagne to a West Coast team and then add Nabby.  Maybe Boucher/Gagne to Detroit for a player and a pick.  Detroit needs to make a stance and add a player.  Gagne would be lethal in Detroit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If shup big "IF" for Gagne as always and he can be lethal anywhere but Detriot especially. The Red Wings need to stay healthy and if they add Simone it's almost not fair for an already great team that has a good young upncoming goalie. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

I think that this is the 7000th post suggesting that TT go to Philly. 

Maybe we should call the Flyers GM and see what he thinks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Getting Nabokov would seem to be the first option, but unless he and Turco have seen the writing on the wall they will have to take a MAJOR pay cut.  I can see Nabokov and Turco asking for 5.5-5.7 MIL, but that won't do it.  If they do not wish to take a paycut, and they are quasi-elite goaltenders so I bet they don't feel they need to to take a paycut, then Thomas is a viable option.  And in my opinion he is better than both goalies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

There is no way Philly takes TT.  Why would they trade a good player and add a goalie that they could just sign on the UFA market. 
    I think IF Philly trades Gagne(which I think they will), they will deal to a western conference team that can afford the 5.5 cap hit(which does narrow it down a lot) and gain a young player or a lower ended contract back in return.  Gagne would be a very nice fit for Detroit, who also could use Boucher to back up their young goalie. 
    Looking at other teams that could use him.
    Calgary(played with Iggy before)
    St. Louis is another team I could see him with. 

Anyway, its fun playing armchair QB/GM

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

RT @JSportsnet: Sources confirm...Simon Gagne asked to waive his No Trade clause today....no trade pending.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

RT @ JSportsnet : Sources confirm...Simon Gagne asked to waive his No Trade clause today....no trade pending.
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

I just saw this on twitter as well. Very interesting, it'd be nice if the B's could get him, but it's most likely wishful thinking lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Lots of Savard 2 LA; Gagne 2 Boston 4 Thomas chatter, but nothing substantial right now. Blackberry that failed me a week ago, working hard! (james murphy nhl twitter)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lots of Savard 2 LA; Gagne 2 Boston 4 Thomas chatter, but nothing substantial right now. Blackberry that failed me a week ago, working hard! (james murphy nhl twitter) Posted by bruinsfan084evr

Funny James Murphy doesn't need to explain he doesn't know how to use a blackberry as you can tell when reading his tweets LoL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This is the latest on Gagne.

http://www.csnphilly.com/07/02/10/Source-Flyers-Exploring-Trades-for-Gagne/landing.html?blockID=265225&feedID=704

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosfan581. Show bosfan581's posts

I would love to see this happen.  Gagne has waived his no trade clause today, he probably expects to be traded.  And if we dump old Thomas out of Boston, i would be the happiest Bruin fan alive.  And Savard may go to LA.

MurphysLaw74

RT: JSportsnet: Sources confirm...Simon Gagne asked to waive his No Trade clause today....no trade pending.

MurphysLaw74

Lots of Savard 2 LA; Gagne 2 Boston 4 Thomas chatter, but nothing substantial right now. Blackberry that failed me a week ago, working hard! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosfan581. Show bosfan581's posts

good find!  I hope that trade their looking for over the 4th of July weekend is to Boston!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

We need to offload some $$$$  Gagne is at $5.4MM and TT at $5MM ...OVER

Stanley cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Blakie stays)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

We need to offload some $$$$  Gagne is at $5.4MM and TT at $5MM ...OVER Stanley cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Blakie stays)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS

Ya a 400K increase in cap spending, just trade hunwick and bring hnidy back around 900K and through all those moves you will have 150K more cap room.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

dont think a thomas for gagne deal is going to happen, apparently the flyers want to do a salary dump with the kings in order to pick up marty turco. 

makes sense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Gagne waived his no trade clause today. Something is bruin no doubt about it

I have a feeling Flyers are going to get TT now.

Gagne + Boucher + 2nd pick for Thomas + Hamill

Flyers will not do a 1 on 1 trade with such enormous  longer contract they have to digest with Thomas's deal. Hamill can be let go since we have a surplus of centres

With Savard also being ready to be traded our lineup would look much clearer

Lucic Krecji Horton
    Recchi Bergeron Gagne
    Ryder Seguin Sturm
    Paille Campbell Thonron

Chara Boychuk
    Seidenberg Hunwick
    Ference Mcquaid

Rask
    Boucher

Wheeler,Caron, Marchand, Knight, Colborne, Suave

just my prediction

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Gagne + Boucher + 2nd pick for Thomas + Hamill
    Posted by yaz16

Don't you think the B's are giving up a bit too much there?